Newbie 470: Trouble at Mount Excitement - Mafia Wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Charms86
Charms86
Townie
Charms86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:38 am

Post by Charms86 »

But then again...

How often is everyone checking on this game?
I check it about 2 or 3 times a day sometimes and was aware of Dark_Lady's vote on TSPN before she retracted it.

Was everyone else aware of it?
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:15 am

Post by Dark_Lady_Shaiann »

I'm here like every chance I get, because I have 3 games going on.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:31 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

So, it looks like at least me and charms noticed the vote when it went up. Unless joubert and sl are scum lamenting a missed opportunity (and then why would joubert defend dls), the scum-didn't-notice theory seems farfetched.

I'm going to be out of town this weekend. What are the chances we can come together on a lynch by then?
Charms86
Charms86
Townie
Charms86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:12 pm

Post by Charms86 »

I doubt it.
It seems like you and Dark_Lady are the only ones who know who you want to vote for.

I think the rest of us are still on the fence. Am I right about this?

Better to be slower and catch the scum than be quick and lynch the wrong person...
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:06 pm

These are the reasons why TSPN thinks I am scum:

1) I claimed at L-1

2) I voted him immediatly on day 2

These are the reasons as to why these things happaned:

1) Thats kind of how people are supposed to claim. It was even mentioned in the begining of the game that a claim was something to 'fall back on'.

2) Because I seriously believe he is scum that knew I was cop from day 1 and has been out to get me ever since. I believe he was the one who pushed for MS night kill so it would be easier for him to come after me.

The only problem I'm having is choosing his scum buddy. I hear he is having the same problem with me.....
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by Joubert »

I still don't understand how anyone could have been so sure of Dark Lady's role even before she claimed...
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:33 am

Well...MS was and he got killed for it.....
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Vote Count!

No votes!

How exciting!
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:46 pm

Post by Joubert »

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:Well...MS was and he got killed for it.....
I say "how", not "who", although they are anagrams of each other...
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:25 pm

Joubert wrote:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:Well...MS was and he got killed for it.....
I say "how", not "who", although they are anagrams of each other...
Well 'how anyone' kind of tranlates into 'who'.....kind of.....
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Joubert »

Ah, that's right, my bad. Reformulation:

I still don't understand how
some
one could have been so sure of Dark Lady's role even before she claimed...

Is it better?
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:14 am

ummm..... 'someone' and 'anyone' are basically the same words...... but it doesn't really disprove my observation. MS was the only on who was sure that I was the cop before I claimed and he got killed for it. Just because you didn't understand it and some one else did, doesn't make it any less true.

I don't understand how becuase he's gone it some how means that I'm scum. Why would I (or anyone) kill my only line of defense? It doesn't really seem like anyone is thinking about that, namely TSPN. He's sticking to the things that make me look scummy (which is like 2 main things) and not even trying to see why I'm not. He's ignoring my arguements and still pushing my lynch, and he's getting away with it becuase no one else is looking at my reasons either. He doesn't have to make a strong arguement against me because he knows none of you really trust me anyway, especially now that MS is gone. It's too easy for him and he knew it would be. I'm very tempted to just put my vote on him anyway and then see what happens........
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:29 am

I have a very fleeting suspision that both TSPN and Joubert are going to eventually come together and try to get me lynched......I wonder why I feel that way....
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:51 am

Alright. To be clear: I am not going to vote you because you claimed at L-1. That is very much misrepresenting my argument. I will, however, vote you because you were highly defensive and generally tripped my scumdar Day 1, claimed cop, and
then
voted me Day 2.

And this is why DLS claimed to have investigated the nightkill. In the event that she gets lynched, she has given the town no new information to work with. As for killing her 'only line of defense,' that rather leaves out that I defended her Day 1 also, and is sort of a stretch anyway. I don't see MoS as absolutely defending DLS Day 1, I see him taking a wait-and-see approach. And if she truly thought MoS was her only line of defense, the only person who she could trust, why would she investigate him?
Charms86
Charms86
Townie
Charms86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:49 am

Post by Charms86 »

Charms86 wrote:TSPN, could you tell me again why you feel so confident that Dark_Lady is scum?...
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
Because she claimed cop at L-1
, and then no one tried to kill her. Because she voted for me, even though were she town, she should have been concerned about a quicklynch. Because she voted for me only because "I went back to my default plan of trying to get rid of her."
Your arguments might be more convincing if you stick to the same story...

Unless you just meant it was suspicious that no one tried to kill her after she claimed cop? You're meaning is a little unclear here.
Charms86
Charms86
Townie
Charms86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:53 am

Post by Charms86 »

Oh, and I agree about MOS, I don't think he was 100% sure that Dark Lady was the cop. I think he was picking up on her hints though.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:56 am

Yes, I meant that no one tried to kill her during the night is suspicious. The claim itself wasn't particularly suspicious, but it also in no way clears her, since scum about to be lynched would claim at L-1 just as much as an actual cop would.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:20 am

I told you why I investigate MoS, and I never said anything about me trusting him. I said you guys trusted him a whole Hell of a lot more than you trusted me, and I investigated him becuase I wanted to make sure that he wasn't defending me for the wrong reasons. Joubert already agreed with me on that point if my memory proves correct.....
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:09 am

Post by Joubert »

Well, that was not exactly why. I did agree mostly because I thought the investigation choice was legitimate since MoS dropped the hammer suddenly and without any explanation...
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:32 am

Well.....you said the investigation was legitimate but you didn't say why so I just assumed.....

Oh and..... @TSPN
As for killing her 'only line of defense,' that rather leaves out that I defended her Day 1 also
Does this hurt your feelings some how or do you simply keep repeating this point to make yourself look better? You only said anything positive about me after I claimed, and as far as defending me goes that was only when Joubert wouldn't stop ranting about my claim. MoS stayed fairly far away from the bandwagon on me and was the only one who eventually got Joubert to shut up (No offense Joubert).

How about we try not repeating the reasons why you think I'm scum and try to nullify the points I have made that prove I'm not? Maybe then I too would stop repeating myself and being so defensive......

Which brings me to another point. You don't think being defensive (overly or otherwise) is cause for suspisions. It's really hard for me to not be defensive when I feel like no one is listening to me. Day 1 it really felt like you guys were either talking about me, infront of me or talking to me but still not really caring about anything I had to say. So of course when I'm trying to make a point that people keep ignoring I'm going to get upset and become defensive. You guys put me at lynch -1, what other choice did I have but to claim? You guys weren't really listening to anything else I was trying to say.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:19 am

Post by Joubert »

I think the suspicion comes from the fact that you investigated a dead person. I think also that there should be at least one or two other reasons why you investigated MoS, appart from my hammer hypothesis...

Prod request: ShadowLurker
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:01 am

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:I told you why I investigate MoS, and I never said anything about me trusting him. I said you guys trusted him a whole Hell of a lot more than you trusted me, and I investigated him becuase I wanted to make sure that he wasn't defending me for the wrong reasons. Joubert already agreed with me on that point if my memory proves correct.....
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:25 pm

Alright....it's been 2 days. Did every one go out of town or have family come over and just not say anything?
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:48 pm

Post by Joubert »

That's a possibility... I think the most dead one is ShadowLurker...

Dark Lady, I guess you'll have to defend on the point of not being killed on Night 1. It doesn't prove anything, but it's still something that makes you suspected by a few people...
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:41 pm

Ummm.....I didn't get NKed as a way for the mafia to highten suspisions on me. There isn't really anything else I can say about that. If your actually going to push that as a reason it is obviously becuase you know I have no real way of defending myself in that respect, and the way I kind of see it is that only you and TSPN suspect me. Both Charms and SL, from what I can tell, seem to be on the fence but fairly weary about coming after me. They haven't really stated how they feel about me, but they haven't really done a whole lot of questioning me either.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”