Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by House »

In post 572, gerryoat wrote:Okay so

@House

Yes, I like your case on CCC. But, I have to admit CCC has had great responses to your points, do you not think he might be town at all? Or at least rethinking your fos a bit?
I'm still happy with my vote, hence where it remains.

He's acting the same way he did in Arctic Mafia, buy the thing is, he SHOULD have improved since Arctic Mafia on some level if he had actually taken the advice he received.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by House »

In post 552, House wrote:
In post 530, House wrote:
In post 501, House wrote:
In post 442, House wrote:Day 1 lynch identified.

VOTE: CCC

Spoiler: Vote Here or Explain Why Not
In post 95, CCC wrote:I'm getting slight scumtwitches from a few players. Not enough to seriously consider any of them as likely scum yet, but the needles on my scum detectors are twitching slightly.

First is Gamma Emerald, for his post #39:
In post 39, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 32, eagerSnake wrote:Do we know how many scum we're looking for?

11 players I'm assuming there's a few possibilities here...

3 teamed mafia, 8 town
2 teamed mafia, 1 3rd party (not cult), 8 town
2 teams of 2 mafia, 7 town
I'm betting 3 Mafia, 8 town or 3 mafia, 7 town, and one 3P.
He was right later - that
does
look scummish. He's keeping the size of the mafia team constant between his guesses, instead of keeping the total number of scum constant. This may mean nothing, or it may imply that he has actual knowledge of the size of the scumteam.

It's a bit thin, but it's got my attention.

The second one who's making me nervous is The_Jester; he seems to be doing quite a lot of dodging questions and discouraging speculation in this thread.

The third one pinging my scumdar is VictorDeAngelo, for his habit of not explaining his scumreads until he wants to move to a different target.

--------------

Since my vote is on none of the above, I think I should move it onto one of the above. Therefore:

VOTE: The Jester
So instead of vote the player that you implicitly feel the most suspicion for (hence, mentioning first), you vote your second suspect.

Scumdar ping.

The person you actually voted, you didn't provide any examples of your allegations the way you did your first suspect (yet felt the need to vote the second anyway).

Scumdar ping.

In post 110, CCC wrote:My experience so far suggests that the entirety of day one is going to be pretty much nullness. I've never been on a game on this site where a Mafia player was lynched on the first day, so I'd be surprised if anyone has anything even approaching a decent read on the first day.
Breeding apathy. Lots of scum motive for that.

Scumdar ping.

In post 121, CCC wrote:
--------------

In my previous post, I suggested that VictorDeAngelo and Gamma Emerald were pinging as very slightly scum. To that list I will now add GreenNope and Square World; the first for being completely absent, and the second for providing extremely short posts with no reasons for his votes. From these four, I will elect to park my vote (for the moment) on:

VOTE: Square World
Scumreading someone that hasn't even posted? How is that even vaguely town?

Opportunistic vote, jumping on his playstyle instead of alignment indicative content.

Scumdar ping.

In post 151, CCC wrote:
In post 143, Grendel wrote:Do you ever read other games? There are garnteed to be games were scum was hung D1 for legitimate reasons.
I haven't seen any where scum was hung D1. I expect to find that, of newbie games (with two scum out of nine players), less than two in nine games have scum lynched on day one. (If the lynches were random, it would be two in nine, but by and large scum will usually try to get town lynched, and on day one I expect that to skew the ratio against Town).

I guess I am pessimistic about day one. Later days, when there's some decent info to work with, I consider far more useful.
Yes, yes... discourage town. Breed that apathy!

Scumdar ping.

In post 152, CCC wrote:
In post 145, Grendel wrote:
In post 121, CCC wrote:
In my previous post, I suggested that VictorDeAngelo and Gamma Emerald were pinging as very slightly scum. To that list I will now add GreenNope and Square World; the first for being completely absent, and the second for providing extremely short posts with no reasons for his votes. From these four, I will elect to park my vote (for the moment) on:

VOTE: Square World
How much scummier is Box World compared to Pokémon Remake Emerald, and Old Man Victor?

Also, stop self-metaing at the drop of a hat.
Insignificantly scummier. I have no significant reads at all.

Also, what do you mean by "self-metaing"?
THIS is what not taking stances looks like.

He appears to be trying to read people, but his "insignificant" reads can change with minimal explanation.

Unlike Square, who is posting reads without going into detail why, CCC is prefacing his reads with an excuse to drop them.

Scumdar ping.

In post 184, CCC wrote:
In post 182, Gamma Emerald wrote:Well in my last game with Grendel, it was the same for him. I don't think Grendel is scum this time, but I DEFINITELY think you are.
Believe it or not, this fits my Town meta too. Every game I've ever been Town in, I got lynched day one.

(This may be why I think so little of day one lynches).
Brilliant! You make an excuse for your scummy play to discourage others from lynching you because you're not experienced scum so you're trying to play up your newness.

Sorry bro, nice lesson from boring but she ruined that for you.

Scumdar ping.

In post 192, CCC wrote:
In post 188, VictorDeAngelo wrote:What do reads list have to do with conflict?
Conflict causes people to talk and interact. From these interactions, reads can be formed, and refined.
No. No. No.

Town fighting town is EXACTLY what scum wants.

If town is busy bickering with each other, scum has plenty of noise to hide in.

HUGE scumdar ping.

In post 296, CCC wrote:Here's my current list, for example:

1. gerryoat - Null leaning Townish - hasn't stood out, but has been quietly scumhunting
2. Gamma Emerald - Null leaning scummish - more sure of the size of the mafia team than the total number of scum
3. Grendel - Null leaning strongly Town - doing a hefty share of scumhunting
4. RhazhBash - Near complete null, leaning weakly scummish - needs to do more scumhunting
5. CCC - Town all the way
6. Square World - Null leaning scummish - needs to explain himself a little more
GreenNope
Huntress - Null for now - needs to post something
8. Manuel87 - Null leaning slightly scummish - don't think he's made a non-RVS vote yet (could be just cautious)
9. The_Jester - Null leaning very slightly scummish
10. eagerSnake - Townish. He's really making a lot of good points and asking a lot of right questions
11. VictorDeAngelo - Null leaning scummish. I don't like how he's shutting down certain questions, and I don't like his inexplicable Townread on Square World.
2 reads that doesn't have null in them. The one that isn't his own is appended with an "ish", which he can use to justify flipping with minimal explanation.

Scumdar ping.
I'm reposting this every page until I get responses from everyone.
Responses thus far:

eagerSnake
: Lot of valid points (no vote)
Gamma Emerald
: Feels boxed in (vote)
CCC
: Nuh-uh! You were wrong before!
Manuel: Makes sense if he is full of self-doubt
gerryoat: liked CCC's responses

Keep them coming, please.

Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by Huntress »

Main reasons for my scumread on CCC are as follows:

Post : When Grendel asked eager about him, CCC made sure he got his own oar in first showing that not only did he want to steer the discussion his way, but also that he wasn't interested in hearing how eager responded, which suggested to me that he already knew eager's alignment.

: I didn't like his reasons for his suspicions here. The first, on Gamma, was just taking advantage of Gamma's own comment and calling him scummy for something that really wasn't - it was just a guess at the setup - and the second, on Jester, didn't hold true, as CCC later admitted.

: How can you have a scum read on someone who's completely absent?

: More self-meta.

Another thing that is niggling at me is the use in several of his posts of the phrase "I can easily see a Town player ...". I feel like he's doing this for effect, a sort of "I'm a Townie too!" statement.
In post 297, CCC wrote:I do think that scum trying to maintain flexibility in reads might want to be slow to commit to a reads list; but again, I can see how a Town player might have this opinion.
This reply to Victor re: Square was written immediately after CCC had posted his own readlist (which was not exactly a shining example of commitment to reads) and gives me a similar impression to the above, that he made the list because he thought it would make him look town. The list itself gives more of a scum vibe than a town one.

In post 455, House wrote:Because you didn't see fit to present a case on CCC, who nobody was voting, while simultaneously calling me scum, when I had a viable wagon.

It doesn't add up.
I don't see why. I don't need to write up a case to know who I want to vote, and if I did choose someone with votes already on them it would have been Gamma, or maybe eager, not you. You were only fourth on my list, a minor read. Why would I vote my lowest read at the time rather than one of the others?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by House »

In post 577, Huntress wrote:I don't see why. I don't need to write up a case to know who I want to vote, and if I did choose someone with votes already on them it would have been Gamma, or maybe eager, not you. You were only fourth on my list, a minor read. Why would I vote my lowest read at the time rather than one of the others?
Gamma's votes were pretty stale iirc. My slot's wagon was the one being pushed.

It struck me as odd that you would plunk down a naked vote and not attempt to present a case since you saw something that apparently nobody else did.

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by Grendel »

I'm not inclined to lynch CCC.

I don't have the concentration to reply to your case tonight House, but I will tomorrow.

I really think that Manuel, Gerry, and Gamma are the best lynches for today. I'll approach you with an open mind as a can but I doubt I'll be moved.
In post 575, House wrote:
In post 572, gerryoat wrote:Okay so

@House

Yes, I like your case on CCC. But, I have to admit CCC has had great responses to your points, do you not think he might be town at all? Or at least rethinking your fos a bit?
I'm still happy with my vote, hence where it remains.

He's acting the same way he did in Arctic Mafia, buy the thing is, he SHOULD have improved since Arctic Mafia on some level if he had actually taken the advice he received.
An unfortunate truth is that ideals are not always met. It goes two fold in a constantly shifting mind game like Mafia. I think I'll check his other games he was mislynched D1 to see how they compare play wise. The only town game Of his I read to completion was in fact Artic mafia. He was scum in wakes rolemadness.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by Grendel »

Oh it looks like he only has one other game. I was hoping for a larger sample size. :/
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Grendel could you expand on your scumreads?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by Grendel »

I intend to.

So is that all you have to say?

You haven't been fighting my scum read on you at all this game. I
have
given you time to do so.

You, (and Gerryoat), have been responding you my questions with weak responses that don't give me any room to better access your alignment.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well you've never really asked me anything beyond when you first declared your scumread on me.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by Grendel »

Okay, so tomorrow I'll quote the times I asked you things, and point out how short and Non-ai you kept all your responses. Why are you now playing up the idea that I'm somehow not as invested in this game as I should be?

Sounds like you're projecting.

RE snake
In post 403, Grendel wrote:
@snake
So to finish up I'd like to hear your hypothetical scum team.
Snake, Did you miss this?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 584, Grendel wrote:Okay, so tomorrow I'll quote the times I asked you things, and point out how short and Non-ai you kept all your responses. Why are you now playing up the idea that I'm somehow not as invested in this game as I should be?

Sounds like you're projecting.
No, I'm sure you're invested, and you should know how I know.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay you're just going to throw shade and leave then.
FOS Grendel
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I checked, and I didn't see an unanswered questions.
<Embrace The Void>

CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 551, House wrote:You're going to need to lose the timidity if you don't want to be mislynch bait. Yes, it's d1. Yes, everybody's reads are going to suck. But here's the thing... EVERYBODY ALSO KNOWS THIS!

Here's how I am interpreting your reads:

eagerSnake - Strong town
Grendel - Town
House - Town

gerryoat - town lean (or null-town)
Huntress - Null (that you are on the fence makes me doubt the town lean until that issue is cleared up)
The_Jester - Null (or null-scum, but it seems pretty slight)

Manuel87 - scum lean (or null-scum)
Square World - scum lean (or null-scum)
VictorDeAngelo - scum lean (or null-scum)

Gamma Emerald - Scum
Well, it's the right order, but implying a certainty that's just not there.
In post 551, House wrote: Yep, I know that's not the reads you've assigned them, but that's how those vague reads you are giving come across to me (NOW). The fact that I have to beat you about the head and shoulders with a case to get clarity on those reads does a lot to make me scumread you.

My initial impression of your reads list was:

eagerSnake - Town

Grendel - null-town

House - null
gerryoat - null
Huntress - null
The_Jester - null
Manuel87 - null
Square World - null
VictorDeAngelo - null
Gamma Emerald - null

Can you see how this looks like a deliberate attempt to deprive town of information and refusal to take a stance?
Okay, yeah, I can see your point. I'd put in the slight leans specifically to try to avoid that, but maybe I should have handled it a little differently.
In post 551, House wrote:I strongly encourage you to step up and own your reads. They won't be 100% accurate, nobody's will be... but providing clear explanations for those reads will inform everyone as to your thought processes.

Sort of like what I'm doing here. Do you better understand why I suspect you? Can you see how vagary draws suspicion from others?

Do you see why information is important for town not only to gather, but also share?
I've been trying to share what little information I had. If there's anything unclear, or that you think I'm not communicating properly, feel free to ask about it...

As for, as you put it, stepping up and owning my reads, I intend to do that the moment I get a read that I have any sort of reasonable confidence in. (I don't expect that to happen day one, but you never know, it might)
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 563, House wrote:
In post 554, Manuel87 wrote:CCC: Leaning slight Scum here. Most of Houses arguments were true but looking at each of them individually they seem rather minor and most of them can be explained with a lot of self doubt which he showed right from the start. Also his discussion with House felt better towards the end.
Why? Because he's booking it up and sounds receptive to input?

If anything, it makes me suspect him more because I already directed him to the wiki and gave him advice in our previous game together.

His unwillingness to change his play just tells me that he has a vested interest in playing the noob.
I had read a lot of advice on the wiki. I hadn't read the Mastin articles specifically.

(Now I have. His advice comes down to (1) vote (2) draw attention to and interact with people you think are scum (3) once you're 80% certain someone is scum, present a case on them. In this game, then, that works out to that I should be interacting more with Gamma Emerald to firm up my read)
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:54 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 565, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
In post 421, Square World wrote:don't want to lynch Grendel, House, CCC, eagerSnake and VictorDeAngelo

anyone else just call me and i'll join
Guy voting eagersnake doesn't want to lynch eagersnake. Worse, he also doesn't want to push a wagon but will join any going on about half the game. Any towniness I saw on Square just dissipated.
...this is an excellent point. Square, do you have any explanation for this behaviour?
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 566, Manuel87 wrote:I dont know about your previous game together can you link me to it? If i find the time i will try to read a little bit into it.
Here you go: Arctic Mafia
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 568, House wrote:
In post 566, Manuel87 wrote:Also Offtopic: i tried to kilck the "Get to know House." link but it said i am not authorised to read this Forum
Idk why, it works fine for me.
I, too, am not authorised to read that forum.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 577, Huntress wrote:Main reasons for my scumread on CCC are as follows:

Post : When Grendel asked eager about him, CCC made sure he got his own oar in first showing that not only did he want to steer the discussion his way, but also that he wasn't interested in hearing how eager responded, which suggested to me that he already knew eager's alignment.
The question of whether eager has prior experience with me is equivalent to whether I have prior experience with eager, is it not?
In post 577, Huntress wrote:: I didn't like his reasons for his suspicions here. The first, on Gamma, was just taking advantage of Gamma's own comment and calling him scummy for something that really wasn't - it was just a guess at the setup - and the second, on Jester, didn't hold true, as CCC later admitted.
Yes, I'm not good at reading people. I know.
In post 577, Huntress wrote:: How can you have a scum read on someone who's completely absent?
I suspected deliberate lurking.
In post 577, Huntress wrote:
In post 297, CCC wrote:I do think that scum trying to maintain flexibility in reads might want to be slow to commit to a reads list; but again, I can see how a Town player might have this opinion.
This reply to Victor re: Square was written immediately after CCC had posted his own readlist (which was not exactly a shining example of commitment to reads) and gives me a similar impression to the above, that he made the list because he thought it would make him look town. The list itself gives more of a scum vibe than a town one.
That was my genuine readslist. If I'm going to be posting a list of reads as Town, I want it to be genuine.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 580, Grendel wrote:Oh it looks like he only has one other game. I was hoping for a larger sample size. :/
Yeah, I haven't been in many games. If anyone else wants to see my other game, here's a link
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by CCC »

Gamma: What are your reads at the moment? I don't think you've yet given a complete list.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:48 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 578, House wrote:Gamma's votes were pretty stale iirc. My slot's wagon was the one being pushed.

It struck me as odd that you would plunk down a naked vote and not attempt to present a case since you saw something that apparently nobody else did.
I'd been spending my time finishing my catch up read so it was either post my reads then as I did or leave them for next day to add more detail. I chose the first option and I'm glad I did as it turned out I didn't have enough time the next day to do a proper follow up.

The only points I had against Rhaz were from posts and , mainly the latter. I did have a question for Rhaz but he'd gone before I could ask it. As for your slot's wagon being the one being pushed, apart from eager's vote, which just looked like a pressure vote, the second vote on Gamma was more recent than the second vote on your slot.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:03 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 593, CCC wrote:The question of whether eager has prior experience with me is equivalent to whether I have prior experience with eager, is it not?
The point is that Grendel asked for eager's opinion on it, not yours, and your post looked like an attempt to pre-empt that.
In post 593, CCC wrote:I suspected deliberate lurking.
Lurkers actually post occasionally. GreenNope hadn't even been logged in since before role PMs were sent out.
In post 593, CCC wrote:That was my genuine readslist. If I'm going to be posting a list of reads as Town, I want it to be genuine.
But you look like you're trying to appear "as Town", rather than actually being town. It's like you wanted to make the point about scum trying to maintain flexibility in reads being slow to commit to a reads list, but you needed to do your own reads list first so that you would be able to say that without people applying it to you too.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 595, CCC wrote:Gamma: What are your reads at the moment? I don't think you've yet given a complete list.
I did. I may have to revise it though.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Town-
Grendel: I don't see anything that goes against his town play yet.
House: I like how he questioned me when I said the thing about interacting to assess.
Victor: My read on him hasn't really changed that much.
Manuel: Has been asking good questions that I don't feel scum would ask.
Gerry: Asking good questions, and he also diffused the argument around Grendel's reads.
Scum-
Square World: I don't like how empty his posts feel.
CCC: All the reasons I've stated before, plus House has presented an excellent case.
Eager: Some of his recent posts have felt really off to me.
Null-
Jester: Where did he go?
Huntress: I like where she is going, but I haven't really seen anything to indicate alignment.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”