Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm also going to agree with Elyse that not outting your doc target is kinda awful. Like, if you were a town doc (and you obviously didn't block a kill) scum already know the alignments of everyone her (barring Traitor or SK) so I don't really see a reason you shouldn't.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Blitzkrieg
Blitzkrieg
Goon
Blitzkrieg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:53 pm

Post by Blitzkrieg »

In post 1725, Nero Cain wrote:I'm also going to agree with Elyse that not outting your doc target is kinda awful. Like, if you were a town doc
(and you obviously didn't block a kill)
scum already know the alignments of everyone her (barring Traitor or SK) so I don't really see a reason you shouldn't.
I actually think I did. Of course, I cannot prove that without having a vig step forward.
Blitzkrieg
Blitzkrieg
Goon
Blitzkrieg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:53 pm

Post by Blitzkrieg »

I think IaI was a big shot.
Blitzkrieg
Blitzkrieg
Goon
Blitzkrieg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:54 pm

Post by Blitzkrieg »

In post 1724, Nero Cain wrote:but blackmail!
You know, it has to be redmail. It is my favorite color.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What makes you think we have a vig and why do you think you think that you blocked the scum kill and not the vigs kill?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Blitzkrieg
Blitzkrieg
Goon
Blitzkrieg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:39 pm

Post by Blitzkrieg »

In post 1729, Nero Cain wrote:What makes you think we have a vig and why do you think you think that you blocked the scum kill and not the vigs kill?
It resolves interactions without anyone being dumb as IAI does not make sense as a scum kill.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

IAI doesn't make sense as a vig kill either.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:35 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1678, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:I wasn't talking about whoever you were voting – you seem to believe that Nero should find Shadow's claim more suspicious than Blitz's when I believe the opposite is true.
I am asking him why he made the value call he did - I am not actually applying an opinion of my own to the question.
I will note I'm having an issue getting an answer to the question.
Why you are giving *ME* heat over that I'll never know.
In post 1678, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Blitz is in fact a Titus alt. If that makes you less inclined to hammer, then I think Karnos is a perfectly fine alternative.
Then move to Karnos?
In post 1679, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:["Case" of Giga
I note that your reasons for IaI dying included "unlynchable - that, in and of itself provides any scum a solid reason to kill IaI no matter who scum is, unless scum is IaI.
I also would note, that if I go to your case and replace Blitz's name with Gerry, or Thor, or Karnos, et al - it doesn't actually change the validity of the case.
Do you disagree with the above?
If so - could you replace the name with Karnos and explain how the case doesn't work?
If not - why are you acting like you have a case?

In post 1680, MichelSableheart wrote:So why mention it? Simple. I wanted to see if I could figure out what the players on the wagon were seeing. In that context, it's important to note that she doesn't have many interactions that I can base my opinion on. It's also important to note that the interactions that are there are understandable from my point of view. Both of which I do in my post.
Do you think you have a good number of interactions?
In post 1693, karnos wrote:giga is scum, nero is scum, shadow *might* be scum getting bused.
[snip]
There also seems to be some absurd push to lynch when we still have nearly 4 days left to work with.
I find both of these comments silly.
In post 1691, Elyse wrote:The fact that Blitz hasn't said who she protected yet makes me confident that she's scum.
I know for a fact that Titus (wrongly) believes hiding Doc targets is appropriate Doc play.
Does that change your read on the slot?
In post 1731, Nero Cain wrote:IAI doesn't make sense as a vig kill either.
Agreed.

@Titus - I've seen you play as a PR before wherein you didn't try to fly under the radar - why should I believe that was your gameplan now?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Nero - you still haven't explained why, when you started on Shadow, that you settled on Blitz after claims.
Neither claim particularly screams as a town claim to me, bot are very acceptable scum claims - so why pick the one you did?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:52 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1643, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:what scumteam with me in it kills IaI?
This is a scummy argument.

First off, this is totally wifom. You could have made the kill specifically to make urself look less scummy. And you're bringing it up because nobody else did and you want the cred for it.

Second, IAI flipped PR. Scum may have been PR hunting.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:55 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1647, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1628, Blitzkrieg wrote:I'm the doctor. GG town we lost.
I don't really feel like this is a town reaction.
agree
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:56 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1648, Nero Cain wrote:And lets just ignore the scum motivation in wanting a player dead that they can't kill at night.
Unless I'm misunderstanding the role, he can be killed, just cant be targeted by PRs.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:10 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1675, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:JarJar, do you still townread Gerry? Let's talk a bit more about that read.
It's hard for me not to townread everyone that isn't shadow/blitz/karnos when them 3 as a scumteam makes so much sense.

Other than that and what I posted about his "fakeclaim" reading town, I have no other reason to townread him and if I'm proved wrong about any of my scumreads, I'll reevaluate. But there's no chance I vote outside of those 3 today.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:29 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1695, kraska77 wrote:Did you miss the part were he retracted his claim after being threatened with blacklisting? Why would scumtranscend who's using this gambit to his win condition be afraid of that
Well the answer to that is pretty clear: He was afraid that his scum partner was gonna get lynched and he knew that retracting the mason claim would likely get maria lynched (which it did).

The people likely to get lynched at that time were YOU or Elyse. So if giga is scum then then one of U 2 are likely his scumbuddy.

This theory has been in the back of my mind in case I'm completely off on my shadow/blitz/karnos scumteam theory. But not worth pursuing until I see some reason to think my stronger reads are wrong.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:43 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

So check this out.
In post 1726, Blitzkrieg wrote:
In post 1725, Nero Cain wrote:I'm also going to agree with Elyse that not outting your doc target is kinda awful. Like, if you were a town doc
(and you obviously didn't block a kill)
scum already know the alignments of everyone her (barring Traitor or SK) so I don't really see a reason you shouldn't.
I actually think I did. Of course, I cannot prove that without having a vig step forward.
In post 1727, Blitzkrieg wrote:I think IaI was a big shot.
(obvious typo. he meant "vig")
In post 1730, Blitzkrieg wrote:IAI does not make sense as a scum kill.
So he tells us that believes that he blocked the scums attack and IAI was a vig shot.

Yet moments earlier he says:
In post 1696, Blitzkrieg wrote:Why should I? Outing who I protected just gives scum information about who I protect.
In post 1705, Blitzkrieg wrote:It's customary if that info helps town. Here, it doesn't. I don't care what it seems like. If town doesn't learn to play smart, we don't deserve to win.
He doesn't want to tell us who he protected because he doesn't want to give scum that information.

So maybe he can explain why scum doesn't know who they shot at?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:47 am

Post by chilledtea »

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT 2.07

Blitzkrieg (L-1) : kraska77, JarJarDrinks, gigabyteTroubadour, Nero Cain, Elyse.

gigabyteTroubadour (L-3) : Blitzkrieg, gerryoat, MichelSableheart.

JarJarDrinks (L-5) : Shadow_step.

karnos (L-5) : Thor665.

Nero Cain (L-5) : karnos.

Not Voting (0) : No one.

Day will end in (expired on 2016-09-23 00:00:00)
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:59 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1545, JarJarDrinks wrote:I like how blitz doesn't show up until after the shadow wagon dissolves so he doesn't have to give his opinion on it.
Reposting because blitz STILL hasn't given us a single opinion about what he thinks of shadow.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:02 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Which is pretty weird since you would think that he'd doubt a PR claim since he believes the town already has a tracker, a doc, and a vig.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:33 am

Post by Shadow_step »

@Thor

Spoiler:
In post 444, Thor665 wrote:
Unvote: MariaR
Vote: Elyse

The Kraska wagon is fine.
The IAI wagon is comical.
The Geryoat wagon is okay, but I don't think anyone has actually thought through the bad play to translate it into pro-scum play, and when they do they'll see it's a pretty empty agon at this stage.
In post 483, Thor665 wrote:
In post 482, MariaR wrote:I still don't think I did anything to warrant a sr on me
How many scum do you think voted you?
Yeah - you did stuff to get scumread.
You even admitted that you weren't doing towny things on purpose because it would be CHEAP - so what are you even talking about?

We're not lynching Gerry unless you can explain why what he did is scummy in any way at all.
In other news - vote for Elyse.
In post 1317, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1137, Blitzkrieg wrote:Thor, what are you talking about the vote on no one?
I am assuring the game that a vote on no one will never be a vote on scum.
In post 1137, Blitzkrieg wrote:Do you think we can swing Maria? I don't want to Unvote one scum to chase another.
Maria is very obviously a lynch option for the day.
At the moment it is a Maria v. Gerry situation, which is super exciting to me.

In post 1166, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:B: My townflip will probably point to the fact that town is looking in the wrong direction, which I think it is. I am completely serious when I say that I want people to just put Maria and Kraska on ignore D2 and focus on the slots that haven't received much pressure. Kraska is really obvious town and I know I'm going to be the only one who sees that. Maria could absolutely be scum, but she's still a distraction I think, especially when there are lurkers who I can't even read (I think Karnos might be the town one, that's really all I got). More slots need sorting and pressure, not enough work was done D1 because Transcend was an idiot. Starting D2 off with another RVS/AVS actually is not that far-fetched of an idea, that's how badly information starved I think this town is.
Your argument for you being distracting is equally applicable to Maria.
Your campaign here is either scummy or terrible town play - so stop it either way please and thank you.
I don't need a second Maria in the game.
In post 1303, Nero Cain wrote:I think he's a lurksack and I glared at him from the computer when he white knighted Thor. I think white knighting is p scummy and depending on how the game goes I may be up for lynching that.
What would be the gain of the white knight though?
Either I was being replaced - in which case no town pocket, or Trans was being replaced - which would weaken the scum vibe he was pushing on him, and also I was on record not supporting that lynch.

can you explain your read progression on gerry here? In your first two posts you say that you are not interested in lynching Gerry at all and you also defend him, and then in the third post(bolded part) you say that the Maria v gerry situation is exciting for you. It implies that you were scum reading him at that point or am I reading that wrong?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:44 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

@Shadow, any thoughts on what I posted about blitz?

Do you think that him saying that he doesn't want to reveal his target because it would help scum makes any sense if he believes that he blocked scums attack?
Blitzkrieg
Blitzkrieg
Goon
Blitzkrieg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:55 am

Post by Blitzkrieg »

@All - Shadow is a counter wagon to Gigs scum. Therefore, Shadow's town.

@Thor/JarJar - It isn't wrong. Scum know who they shot but not even they know if they were not hit by a roleblocker or something. This is likely role madness but for a VT. That's not Giga though.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:56 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 1500, karnos wrote:I thought shadow was scummy yesterday, but the speed of this wagon and the presence of scummy individuals on it makes me think he is
probably town.
In post 1693, karnos wrote:giga is scum, nero is scum,
shadow *might* be scum getting bused.

There seems to be some weird idea that scum wouldn't dare bus, when it's absolutely a viable play in this game.

There also seems to be some absurd push to lynch when we still have nearly 4 days left to work with. I don't have a lot of time most weekends, and I was doing an application for an apartment over this weekend so I have been even busier than usual. I'll probably catch up tomorrow, but whether I do or not the town players on the wagon should slot the hell down instead of rushing to a lynch with little thought.
What changed?
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:58 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 1744, JarJarDrinks wrote:Do you think that him saying that he doesn't want to reveal his target because it would help scum makes any sense if he believes that he blocked scums attack?
Yeah, if he thinks that he prevented a mafia kill, the person they protected is conf town.
I don't see how town benefits from revealing who that person is as of now.
Show

JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:00 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Blitz, u said that info wont help town. Well if u really are a doc that truly believes he blocked scums attack and are about to get lynched, u don't think that information would be hugely beneficial?

Like ud be giving us practically confirmed town.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:01 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1747, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 1744, JarJarDrinks wrote:Do you think that him saying that he doesn't want to reveal his target because it would help scum makes any sense if he believes that he blocked scums attack?
Yeah, if he thinks that he prevented a mafia kill, the person they protected is conf town.
I don't see how town benefits from revealing who that person is as of now.
Uhh, He's at L-1. he could get hammered @ any moment.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”