Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3575 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:28 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 3556, Reasonably Rational wrote:
~Drixx

P-Edit - KC; you know I love you. Town you would not have let getting blown off stop you from pressing it. Remember that game where you and Varsoon both claimed miller and I told the game who was scum and exactly what you guys were doing?
One of Wake's games ... something about music in the title...

Every game is different, every one has a different cast of characters. In this game I'm not feeling at all cheerful or silly like I did in that one.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 3574, Not Chara wrote:could you test your vote now?
I guess so -

VOTE: DrippingGoofball
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:48 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 3573, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 3555, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 3554, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 3392, Reasonably Rational wrote:
KC - Something was off about the response to the DGB thing. If I were KC, there's no way someone could claim to be a scum to me and live. KC barely pushed it. That isn't a town response, imo.

~Drixx
Liar.

I pushed it.

It was blown off as a gambit.

Everyone Townreads her.

So despite my being convinced that she's Scum, she'll likely make it to endgame.
People probably wouldn't have blown it off if you has bothered voting her.

Which you didn't do.

:/

-Cerb
I COULDN'T VOTE ON DAY ONE!!!!!

I tried voting for Grapes, and then tried to vote McMenno.

The votes never appeared. DGB took credit for that.

Then suddenly I had 2 votes on Firebringer, even though I didn't vote him.

Well, there were votes with my name on them, at least, so I took a chance and voted for Sir Cakes. The next VC the votes stayed on FB, but the VC after that they moved to Cakes. And the hammer came soon after.

So tell me, why would I vote for DGB at that stage in the game?
I did forget about your inability to vote, because I didn't notice it until whenever someone mentioned it. Understandable from your perspective to not vote there, but you should have let people KNOW why you weren't voting there then. I'll need to look at the timeline there again, I don't remember when it was that people started mentioning your lack of a vote.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:57 pm

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 3564, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 1552, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Can you talk to me about Creature? He's the biggest difference we have (aside from fire which I need time on).

I am at NC Creature Cakez klingon CoolDog X, add DGB/Farside if wrong?
In post 3562, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 3561, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 3538, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Drixx, you think that Mastina's team is wrong. What did you think of mine?
Cerby you can answer this too...
OMG I just want to go away and do something else. What composition did you have in mind? Did Drixx even say that he thinks mastinas team is wrong? I mean, I guess that's implicit in the places where the reads differ, so dumb question.

-Cerb
There you go.

Cerby? :(
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Post by Shiro »

In post 3515, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 3511, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 3506, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 3501, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 3438, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:@Farside, Please don't end the day if you can.

I want to hear from DGB why we have no alliance. I need to get in sync with Beeboy. I also need to do the reread I promised Shiro.
You want to ally with me?
WE were supposed to be allied today. What gives?
I was unclear on the timing, I just sent Varsoon the request.
Not sure I believe this.
You should have picked me when you had the chance

hmpf
*folds arms*
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:35 pm

In post 3578, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 3564, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 1552, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Can you talk to me about Creature? He's the biggest difference we have (aside from fire which I need time on).

I am at NC Creature Cakez klingon CoolDog X, add DGB/Farside if wrong?
In post 3562, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 3561, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 3538, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Drixx, you think that Mastina's team is wrong. What did you think of mine?
Cerby you can answer this too...
OMG I just want to go away and do something else. What composition did you have in mind? Did Drixx even say that he thinks mastinas team is wrong? I mean, I guess that's implicit in the places where the reads differ, so dumb question.

-Cerb
There you go.

Cerby? :(
Lol, I love you titus. NC/Creature were scumspects since yesterday, NC requires more reaxing because it's insubstantiated, Creature's reaDS and vote progression were questions able yesterday, last time I checked. Drixx has gone over the farside and KC suspicions already. We talked about cooldog in our pt yesterday, and I haven't compared his play in SF to his play here to see if you're hitting a false positive there. In either case, he's being replaced, so hopefully we'll be able to get more words out of the replacement. Xkfyu and DGB are both pretty null to me. My only prior experience with Xkfyu was SD2, and I wasn't directly inolved with his early game so can't really say much other than it seems pretty NAI. I like DGBs recent involvemsnt, it's way more than I've ever seen her do...ever. makes me want her to be town.

Nc, I'll answer your stuff in the morning because you're patient unlike Titus, who should habe realized I only said what I did because I compulsively refresh and it was really effortless to make that first post, while this one required a buncha typing from my bed.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:34 pm

Post by Yume »

Well, here I am. Who wants to join my cause of stopping the Cluster?
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:42 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 3547, Reasonably Rational wrote:Mastin, you're wrong.

I don't care about the mechanical discussion. I care about the fact that discussions about evaluating and/or reevaluating our play yesterday, NOT TODAY (which has obviously been WHOLLY focused on defending ourselves, because I got drawn in and used up all the energy I would have spent doing something productive ) have all been stonewalled.

That's what I mean when I say there's no attempt being made to think.

-Cerb
This isn't happening.

What i mean is your not doing that at all.
What you've done is implode the game with how important your role is, who everyone should pay attention to the event and gave weak reason's for scum reads you have.
I even notice nc asked for you to explain more about grapes and you just avoid that.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:28 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 3435, Reasonably Rational wrote: You're right. Self-meta is bad.

~D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
In post 3474, Reasonably Rational wrote:A50:
my slot is being voted because people are filled with the recklessness of success, and are therefore unwilling to think.
I am scum.

-Cerb
In post 3507, Reasonably Rational wrote: pedit: Nobody has suggested that mastin isn't town DGB, except for kts in a moment of insanity in the middle of the day yesterday.
drixx has. drixx has suggested that mastin isn't town.
In post 3519, Reasonably Rational wrote:Titus, you don't count?

We're at like L-4 or something right now, which means there are 8 people on the wagon. The only one's who have deigned to speak with us aren't even considering reevaluating, to the point where we tell them about an ability we have and they assume we're lying, rather than considering if that information is possibly true and what it would mean. Nothing else is happening, so of course there's no other wagons. We had 6 votes on us within like 1.5 hours of the day starting.

-Cerb
you having a town event does not mean you're town... stop using this as an argument it's only making you look scummier
In post 3542, Klingoncelt wrote: Everyone Townreads her.
not me, and with cakez' flips, dgb is a prime traitor suspect

although I'm a bit confused about how it went down. the scumteam obviously knew there was a traitor, and scum!kc would make less sense in that regard, as they could've used cakez to scan kc. note that a cakez lynch was not certain at that point in time
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:20 am

Post by farside22 »

Shiro notes:
Replacement http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go town
Very absent minded and carefree
Homestead http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go
Mostly just town reads, lots of fluff post and few scum reads. No cases noted ever really made.
DotA mafia. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go Town still no case, fluff and just giving general reads.

Symphonic mafia http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go scum, more aggressive type and making a case for pretty bad reason to. Comes across as more of a jerk to.
Everything is a lie http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go 3rd party lots of prod dodges and just one weak push.

Every a lie 1 http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go town same thing of giving out town reads. No cases and fun fluff.

Scum game http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go
Aggressive and weak cases is what I noted.

So basically town Shiro fluff with very little pushes, scum Shiro more aggressive.

I'm pretty happy with my scum read on the spot.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:26 am

Post by Shiro »

Hey I can make strong pushes as town, it just happens less often cause I tend to feel less confident. Yea, tis true that I am more agressice as scum because I know what I am doing and I tend to have a set plan in mind but I do make pushes when I feel confident on a read and I feel confident that Almost is scum.

I didn't even play in magical girl btw so why even use that game xD Really hurts that a lot of my recent games are all hydra games, Heck this was going to be a hydra game as well but :(
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:32 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 3585, Shiro wrote:Hey I can make strong pushes as town, it just happens less often cause I tend to feel less confident. Yea, tis true that I am more agressice as scum because I know what I am doing and I tend to have a set plan in mind but I do make pushes when I feel confident on a read and I feel confident that Almost is scum.

I didn't even play in magical girl btw so why even use that game xD Really hurts that a lot of my recent games are all hydra games, Heck this was going to be a hydra game as well but :(
It was the first game I ran across when searching.

I don't use hydra game because it's not as clear cut.
Your case on A50 sucks.

By the way
Beetlejuice
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:33 am

Post by Creature »

I like meta arguments.

VOTE: Shiro
Sigh
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:41 am

Post by Shiro »

From meta stand point Titus can verify that I can be agressive as town when I feel certain Legend of zelda being a game I got in mind where we hydrad and I wanted toogeloo dead as dead can be, in the end I was wrong.

Love or be loved I was tons more agressive than usual when I felt RC was scum though it faded quickly cause I changed my mind. After that the game jsut went down.

If I recall correctly I was in Pun mafia and Denmark as well. It really depends which game you look me at.

Basic upick I thought jml was scum and never let go for the whole duration fo the game till I got him lynched.

So yea greatly depends.

My most agressive though honestly has been when Hydraying with FA.
To me:
About me:
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3589 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:01 am

Post by Shiro »

ok it just hit me and my mind did a 180

I am an idiot almost is possibly town
To me:
About me:
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3590 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:04 am

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

I did a brief reread of a50's ISO last night. I still don't know where you get A50 as scum beyond ardent defense of scum and that looks more like denial.

Meta reads are garbage.

VOTE: Creature

Let's see what happens.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3591 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:07 am

In post 3582, farside22 wrote:

I don't care about the mechanical discussion. I care about the fact that discussions about evaluating and/or reevaluating our play yesterday, NOT TODAY (which has obviously been WHOLLY focused on defending ourselves, because I got drawn in and used up all the energy I would have spent doing something productive ) have all been stonewalled.

-Cerb
This isn't happening.

What you've done is implode the game with how important your role is, who everyone should pay attention to the event and gave weak reason's for scum reads you have.
I even notice nc asked for you to explain more about grapes and you just avoid that.
This is also wrong.

We have repeatedly reminded people of aspects of our play which make us as scum nearly impossible. One major aspect of that is our interactions with regards to the SC wagon, and the other (which the majority of the game did not know the details about, and which thus had to be shared) was related to how we handled our role. At the time we decided to divulge our full information regarding our event to OWK mastin was known to be conftown, Yume was known to be sheeping her, you had displayed a great degree of doubt about us, and OWK would, by virtue of paranoia regarding our play with one another in the past, no doubt investigate us if given the opportunity. As scum, it would be suicidal to place oneself in a position where you can guarantee that you'll be checked by a cop that is viewed as conftown. It *might* make sense if we were a godfather, but even then the point of the ability is a selection from multiple options, all of which are bad for scum for different reasons. It would have been effortless for us to claim that the event had a different priority, or different stress limitations, which could have both been used to give scum!us the maximum town benefit of claiming this power without ever actually having to USE the power. Instead, we claimed that it was priority 0, only took +1 stress, AND that we'd be attempting to use it EVERY NIGHT so it would happen ASAP.

The stupidity on our part that would be required for us to engage in that sequence of events is why we keep bringing up the mechanical aspect, beyond the pragmatic factor of it being optimal to take a free cop clear and then lynch us that day if you're paranoid about the accuracy or your results, or cLear us thst night if you're not and give scum an additional conftown to have to deal with.

It isn't the event itself that makes us town. It's the fact that it makes no sense to have backed ourselves into a corner like this regarding it's usage.

Regarding the grapes thing: Answering NCs question required effort. Last night I simply didn't feel like looking at grapes ISO and pointing out the posts where he seems to be thinking things through but in a fashion which dismisses, ignores, or trivializes details which are significant.

You're right that all reasons for reads at this point are weak, but the reasons for scumreading us displayed here are FAR weaker, based on the knowledge of our play the main proponents should have and the actions we've taken, than anything we've said today. I hold that our reasons(and everyone else's) are weak because everything is fundamentally based off day 1 play alone, and thus all reasons are weak.

This comes back to the lack of rigor in investigating and verifying ones own suspicions while demanding greater degrees of justification from those who disagree with you that I made fun of grapes for.

McMenno: please read the above. Drixx has not suggested mastin is not town. Drixx has outlined the existence of a scenario in which mastin would not be town, and dismissed it as nearly impossible(thus the 99% thing). This is a far cry from saying "idk guys, this mastin Yume conftown mason thing is kinda shady and means they might both be scum.", which is what you're implying when you say Drixx has suggested that Mastin might be scum. Please learn to read our posts properly before you attempt to interpret them.

In addition, since you dismissed my absolutely correct point that people are reckless in mafia in the wake of success, let me expand on it: had SC flipped town, those who had disagreed would be haranguing those who pushed it and demanded that they reasses, while becoming more certain of their own reads accuracy. In addition, because there would have been no sense of "getting ahead" ,EVERYONE would have been more cautious voting out of fear of a consecutive mislynch and spent a great deal of time looking at interactions yesterday to determine who to "blame" for the mislynch. However, because SC flipped scum, those who were pushing him (which were the most forceful players in the game ) were emboldened and now assume all their reads are correct, and those who disagree with them are taking the time to reassess.

This means that those who were voting yesterday automatically voted us at the start of today, while those who have differing opinions are being more cautious and NOT voting for things....therefore leading us to this situation where only a few hours after the day opened NOTHING had been discussed but our slot, and nobody was voting anywhere else.

It's reckless and thoughtless. If we end up mislynched here with this approach to the game town will be going into D3 with a late D1 grasp of the game.

I predict that almost no one will bother reading this, and those who do, excepting OWK, will quote at most two things out of context to use against us.

I'll look at NC and grapes sometime today when I'm not feeling lazy.

-Cerb
Show

Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3592 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:10 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 3303, Varsoon wrote:
To be clear, I will be using the :right: mark to directly show what happened due to an Event from now on.
If something doesn't have that :right: mark, then it happened due to other actions taken.
I'm going to go back and edit the previous phase's event to be this way.
great modding
In post 3545, mastin2 wrote:
In post 3521, Reasonably Rational wrote:[There's literally someone who is declaring intent to unilaterally END the day after less than 24 hours, and I'm practically begging people to work on the big problem coming for the finale.
And the thing is.
While I acknowledge that this scum event is indeed a threat.
While I acknowledge that a scum event like this is something ideally dealt with.

It's still mechanics.
And I know what Varsoon thinks about game mechanics, because I know what (almost) every moderator thinks of mechanics, him included:
They're meant to enhance the play of the game.

Not replace it.

What you're doing is an appeal to fear. "Ooh, this big scary mechanics thing is a huge threat". No doubt it is indeed a threat.
But you're missing the picture.
It's still not scumhunting.
It's not the part of the game, which is actually a fundamental part of the game.

So that's why you got so many votes.
Mechanics aren't at the center of this game. Scumhunting is. And they are scumhunting you.
Any time we spend on mechanics is extra, is time we spend using the extras we've been given, to counter the extras scum were given.
It's a luxury, not a necessity. One day, ten days, makes no difference.
Holy shit this is so fucking stupid. Mastin how do you even confbias this hard. You are literally refusing to acknowledge anything RR is saying as right.
VOTE: farside
I will follow RR to the death.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3593 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:20 am

In post 3592, Randomnamechange wrote:
To be clear, I will be using the :right: mark to directly show what happened due to an Event from now on.
If something doesn't have that :right: mark, then it happened due to other actions taken.
great modding
In post 3521, Reasonably Rational wrote:[There's literally someone who is declaring intent to unilaterally END the day after less than 24 hours, and I'm practically begging people to work on the big problem coming for the finale.
And the thing is.
While I acknowledge that a scum event like this is something ideally dealt with.

It's still mechanics.
And I know what Varsoon thinks about game mechanics, because I know what (almost) every moderator thinks of mechanics, him included:

Not replace it.

What you're doing is an appeal to fear. "Ooh, this big scary mechanics thing is a huge threat". No doubt it is indeed a threat.
It's not the part of the game, which is actually a fundamental part of the game.

Mechanics aren't at the center of this game. Scumhunting is. And they are scumhunting you.
Any time we spend on mechanics is extra, is time we spend using the extras we've been given, to counter the extras scum were given.
Holy shit this is so fucking stupid. Mastin how do you even confbias this hard. You are literally refusing to acknowledge anything RR is saying as right.
ILU random.

I was gonna suggest we ally if I don't end up dead today, but just realized we need some things cleared up real quick.

@Varsoon: can slots with only passive abilities forgo their actions? If so, will this have an effect on their passive at all? Basically, if someone with an active ability is allied to someone without an active ability, is the person with the active ability capping their contribution to 1 point?

If the answer to this question is that those without actives can't contribute, then allying for the purpose of scumhunting needs to stop for those of us who have active climax phase actions. Those slots should ally only with their strongest town reads, to minimize the number of slots with active powers that will have their sacrifice compromised by an alliance with scum.

If it doesn't matter, then we still need to be cautious, but not as much so.

-Cerb
Show

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3594 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:22 am

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

Cerb,

I think your comments against the general approach are misplaced. If approaching this thread by the scientific theory, it's guess and check. Then correct. That explains the pattern you see. It's frustrating and from your PoV incorrect but still a valid strategy but it isn't yours.

I am more pragmatic than most. Even if you're scum (assuming Mastina correct), there is low long term ev in forcing you to be lynched today. I just don't see why we wouldn't trigger your ability first. You can't refuse to use your ability without confirming yourself as scum. Then we get confirmation of whether you are town or scum plus reads to work from. I don't happen to think you are scum maybe, so I guess null.

Why don't you case your biggest scumread? Start to now?

~Titus
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3595 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:27 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 3591, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 3582, farside22 wrote:

-Cerb
This isn't happening.

This is also wrong.

We have repeatedly reminded people of aspects of our play which make us as scum nearly impossible. One major aspect of that is our interactions with regards to the SC wagon, and the other (which the majority of the game did not know the details about, and which thus had to be shared) was related to how we handled our role. At the time we decided to divulge our full information regarding our event to OWK mastin was known to be conftown, Yume was known to be sheeping her, you had displayed a great degree of doubt about us, and OWK would, by virtue of paranoia regarding our play with one another in the past, no doubt investigate us if given the opportunity. As scum, it would be suicidal to place oneself in a position where you can guarantee that you'll be checked by a cop that is viewed as conftown. It *might* make sense if we were a godfather, but even then the point of the ability is a selection from multiple options, all of which are bad for scum for different reasons. It would have been effortless for us to claim that the event had a different priority, or different stress limitations, which could have both been used to give scum!us the maximum town benefit of claiming this power without ever actually having to USE the power. Instead, we claimed that it was priority 0, only took +1 stress, AND that we'd be attempting to use it EVERY NIGHT so it would happen ASAP.

The stupidity on our part that would be required for us to engage in that sequence of events is why we keep bringing up the mechanical aspect, beyond the pragmatic factor of it being optimal to take a free cop clear and then lynch us that day if you're paranoid about the accuracy or your results, or cLear us thst night if you're not and give scum an additional conftown to have to deal with.

It isn't the event itself that makes us town. It's the fact that it makes no sense to have backed ourselves into a corner like this regarding it's usage.

Regarding the grapes thing: Answering NCs question required effort. Last night I simply didn't feel like looking at grapes ISO and pointing out the posts where he seems to be thinking things through but in a fashion which dismisses, ignores, or trivializes details which are significant.

You're right that all reasons for reads at this point are weak, but the reasons for scumreading us displayed here are FAR weaker, based on the knowledge of our play the main proponents should have and the actions we've taken, than anything we've said today. I hold that our reasons(and everyone else's) are weak because everything is fundamentally based off day 1 play alone, and thus all reasons are weak.

This comes back to the lack of rigor in investigating and verifying ones own suspicions while demanding greater degrees of justification from those who disagree with you that I made fun of grapes for.

McMenno: please read the above. Drixx has not suggested mastin is not town. Drixx has outlined the existence of a scenario in which mastin would not be town, and dismissed it as nearly impossible(thus the 99% thing). This is a far cry from saying "idk guys, this mastin Yume conftown mason thing is kinda shady and means they might both be scum.", which is what you're implying when you say Drixx has suggested that Mastin might be scum. Please learn to read our posts properly before you attempt to interpret them.

In addition, since you dismissed my absolutely correct point that people are reckless in mafia in the wake of success, let me expand on it: had SC flipped town, those who had disagreed would be haranguing those who pushed it and demanded that they reasses, while becoming more certain of their own reads accuracy. In addition, because there would have been no sense of "getting ahead" ,EVERYONE would have been more cautious voting out of fear of a consecutive mislynch and spent a great deal of time looking at interactions yesterday to determine who to "blame" for the mislynch. However, because SC flipped scum, those who were pushing him (which were the most forceful players in the game ) were emboldened and now assume all their reads are correct, and those who disagree with them are taking the time to reassess.

This means that those who were voting yesterday automatically voted us at the start of today, while those who have differing opinions are being more cautious and NOT voting for things....therefore leading us to this situation where only a few hours after the day opened NOTHING had been discussed but our slot, and nobody was voting anywhere else.

It's reckless and thoughtless. If we end up mislynched here with this approach to the game town will be going into D3 with a late D1 grasp of the game.

I predict that almost no one will bother reading this, and those who do, excepting OWK, will quote at most two things out of context to use against us.

I'll look at NC and grapes sometime today when I'm not feeling lazy.

-Cerb
Sorry I missed the part where you discuss how you scum make no sense.

Let me hold back my lack of enthusiasm

randomidget wrote:
great modding
And the thing is.

It's still mechanics.

Not replace it.

pssst

RR is not voting me.

but, but but I'm feeling a bit frisky here and something interesting is catching my attention with this hard wking.

vote: Shiro
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3596 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

VOTE: Farside

Meh, I kinda don't feel like lynching Shiro. Why shouldn't we lynch you?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3597 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:30 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 3594, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Cerb,

I think your comments against the general approach are misplaced. If approaching this thread by the scientific theory, it's guess and check. Then correct. That explains the pattern you see. It's frustrating and from your PoV incorrect but still a valid strategy but it isn't yours.

I am more pragmatic than most. Even if you're scum (assuming Mastina correct), there is low long term ev in forcing you to be lynched today. I just don't see why we wouldn't trigger your ability first. You can't refuse to use your ability without confirming yourself as scum. Then we get confirmation of whether you are town or scum plus reads to work from. I don't happen to think you are scum maybe, so I guess null.

~Titus

I have 10:30am.
You want me to hold off on the end of day still?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3598 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:30 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 3596, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:VOTE: Farside

Meh, I kinda don't feel like lynching Shiro. Why shouldn't we lynch you?

Because I'm not scum.
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3599 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:34 am

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 3597, farside22 wrote:
In post 3594, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Cerb,

~Titus

I have 10:30am.
You want me to hold off on the end of day still?
Holy crap yes. I don't want you ending the day for at least another 48 hours. Stop asking me.

This reeks of scum desperate to use a dayvig.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”