Newbie 1725: Innocents, Inc. [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:49 pm

Post by Harkonnen97 »

I would love to hear more from Loopdan about this:
In post 1130, Loopdan wrote:I'm lynching MT tomorrow. Someone else crumbed doc.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:17 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 1150, Harkonnen97 wrote:I would love to hear more from Loopdan about this:
In post 1130, Loopdan wrote:I'm lynching MT tomorrow. Someone else crumbed doc.
That was WIFOM for scum to suck on overnight. I think it's more likely MT is town than scum and wanted scum to NK elsewhere. I have no idea if anybody crumbed doc, but figured saying that might save MT Night 1.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:19 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 1140, Harkonnen97 wrote:Well we have 2 possibilities. We are playing with a {Mafia Roleblocker, Cop and Doctor}, or {VT, Cop and Goon}. There are 2 possibilities: MissTerry is really a Doctor, or she is scum who claimed PR her hide, because if she claimed VT she would have gotten lynched 100%. The second option is extremely unlikely, because:
-If one of the scums is Mafia Roleblocker, and MissTerry is scum, it would mean that she took an incredible gambit by claiming Doc yesterday. She would either be hoping for the real Doctor to not be around near the deadline. or hope to at least get him to reveal himself before she gets lynched. I don't think that a scum in their first game would make such an aggresive play.
-The other option is that both scums are Mafia Goons, in which case scum!Missy got extremely lucky by claiming Doctor, because she guessed that we are playing either in the setup "Row 2" or "Column B". Again, extremely unlikely.

So, in conclusion, as long as nobody counterclaims her, I think that she is pretty much confirmed.

Yesterday, it was 2 am for me when I made my last post. The deadline was at 10 am, so I decided to go sleep for 5 hours, come back, and have 3 hours to watch over the game. But it was too late, Blank got hammered. I am a bit torn on that wagon. I can see scum motivation behind it, but I can also see town motivation. Lynching is much better than no-lynching.
I disagree that Scum!MT claiming doc would be an incredible gambit. Caught scum love forcing a counterclaim from a PR.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:29 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Scum are in {peng, thor, shadow}.

Loops misdirection was a bit obvious, but town town town.

Shadow's "well that sucks" is pretty bad.

There's no way MT wasn't blocked last night.
Wandering but not lost
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

Vote: Loop

I think Penguin and Serra look like town.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1153, serrapaladin wrote:Shadow's "well that sucks" is pretty bad.
MT did, like, exactly the same thing, and you can practically confirm her as town at this point.
Learn to look beyond the surface.
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:48 am

Post by MissTerry »

@Shadow
Are you going to stop death tunneling me now?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:00 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1144, Shadow_step wrote:Yeah I'm not lynching outside Thor or Penguin today.
I'm leaning towards yes as his answer.
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:02 am

Post by MissTerry »

@Thor
Why do you have such a strong town read on penguin?
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:01 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 1153, serrapaladin wrote:Scum are in {peng, thor, shadow}.

Loops misdirection was a bit obvious, but town town town.

Shadow's "well that sucks" is pretty bad.

There's no way MT wasn't blocked last night.
It's not bad, over the last 7-8 games on another site, we either ended up lynching the cop day 1 or they get killed night 1. Which is why we started calling it the cop curse.

@MT, Hark, are you guys even reading what I am posting?
If MT really is the doc then the mafia can just block her, it doesn't matter who they protect.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1158, MissTerry wrote:@Thor
Why do you have such a strong town read on penguin?
Because, unlike a lot of the game, I can track his reads, and he asks questions that make sense to me, and he seems to be on asemi-similar track to me in assessing the game without it feeling like buddying/sheeping.

If you really want we can start pulling up post by post type things and debating relative scumhunting in his posts, but it seems fairly obvious to me.
Also, I couldn't for the life of me describe the case on him at the moment. It feels like a semi-empty 'because!' really, which is usually the type of case done by lazy town and sheepy scum, so I'm certainly not being challenged in my read on him.

Why do you see him as scum? Are there any particular moments? Can you describe his scum plan in relation to his actions?
If all you've got is 'gut' then don't expect me to change.
If you can point to some theory scum moments I can easily describe my town vibe of those moments I suspect.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:46 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

In post 1159, Shadow_step wrote:@MT, Hark, are you guys even reading what I am posting?
If MT really is the doc then the mafia can just block her, it doesn't matter who they protect.
I don't see what's wrong with giving a newbie an advice in a newbie game. Do you?

Pengo, what are your reads atm?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:51 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 1153, serrapaladin wrote:Scum are in {peng, thor, shadow}.
I agree.
In post 1153, serrapaladin wrote:Shadow's "well that sucks" is pretty bad.
Yeah, but MT's response was worse, so not sure what to do with that.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:57 am

Post by Thor665 »

Because we were in night when I was doing this;

Semi-V/LA till August 5th

What that means is with my work schedule I will probably still post at least once every 24 hours just fine, but I might occasionally have a period of 24+ hours with no posting and don't want the prod.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:08 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Hmm, I think MT's is different since she's a PR.

In other news, I feel like a right idiot for derailing thor's wagon in the run-up to deadline. Blank was at that point obvtown, and I shouldn't have been worried about him being a PR. Broadly, the point I was trying to make without saying it throughout the day is that thor is potentially useful enough if town that he should be investigated. Ideally he would be night-killed, but that's rather unlikely at this point.

@thor: has loop's recent posting made any difference to your read?
Wandering but not lost
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1164, serrapaladin wrote:@thor: has loop's recent posting made any difference to your read?
The best thing he did was commenting on the Shadow/MT connection - but I'd already said it so it could have just been a scum parroting.
Haven't seen anything else alignment telling - do you see something I'm missing?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:14 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1140, Harkonnen97 wrote:So, in conclusion, as long as nobody counterclaims her, I think that she is pretty much confirmed.
I disagree. She was put up against the ropes, and she had to claim a PR not to be lynched. She knew that...heck, you even say it:
In post 1140, Harkonnen97 wrote:because if she claimed VT she would have gotten lynched 100%.
And, she is certainly not going to claim mafia. She had no choice

Now, I'm not saying that she is conf!scum, but she is far from conf!town.
In post 1144, Shadow_step wrote:Yeah I'm not lynching outside Thor or Penguin today.
Bad play to be tunneling this early.
In post 1145, MissTerry wrote:Nooo, agh, we've lost a PR already.
This is scummy.
In post 1146, Harkonnen97 wrote:We are currently 7 people alive. The majority needed to lynch someone is 4. I'm not comfortable with Penguin being at L-1 yet.
I'm legitimately shocked...could I be wrong about you?

I'm feeling that there was one scum on the wagon and one scum off the wagon...though I guess there could be two off. Both shadow and MT helped drive the Blank wagon, but shadow never got on and MT hopped off right before the end. Contrary to that, shadow really tunneled MT, but that could just be bussing...feeling that's less likely. Hark stayed away from the Blank wagon, but actively defended MT.

Right now, I'd like to focus on the one off the wagon as there is a smaller pool (not by much) to draw from. I really do not like the way Hark acted at the end of day yesterday, but gut tells me right now that's just overzealous town. Between shadow and MT, I really get a bad vibe from MT...something just doesn't feel right about her posts at end of day (I'll just vote anyone!), the way she claimed, or her posts starting Day 2.
In post 1145, MissTerry wrote:but now that we're sure we have a roleblocker because of Creature's flip,
No we don't. You may not be a doctor, and with an additional VT and a Goon in that setup, there is no way for someone to prove that wrong.

As it stands right now, my strongest suspicion is against MT. If I'm wrong, and there is a roleblocker, worst case scenario we lynch the last PR and...well MT said it best:
In post 1145, MissTerry wrote:I really can't do anything with my night power :/
At least we confirm the setup. Of course, I think that puts us in Lylo, so that would not be good. Withholding vote at this point. Would like to hear some responses and commentary.
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:19 am

Post by MissTerry »

What I want to know is if Creature was a random shot or not. If not then why him?

Basically for a town victory all we have to work with is what we do during the day, and analyzing who gets killed at night. What's left of our night powers are useless now.

@Thor
Tbh, I don't have a strong scumcase against him in terms of like, reasons. I do think his posts are very deliberate, and cautious. When he posts it is very focused and direct, ask question to target, respond to someone else. Read list is going to be a readlist and only a readlist. It seems like he is trying very hard not to make mistakes in his play. I know this isn't really a strong argument and that might just be his play style, but it does set off flags for me. Feel free to convince me otherwise.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:25 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Yeah no that is bullshit, I never scum read BF, I just said he would be in my scum pool if we lynched MT and they flipped town.
I never voted Blank, you trying to put shade on me by saying I helped drive the MT wagon is immensely scummy as I never did that.

@Penguin ^^
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:44 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1168, Shadow_step wrote:Yeah no that is bullshit, I never scum read BF, I just said he would be in my scum pool if we lynched MT and they flipped town.
I never voted Blank, you trying to put shade on me by saying I helped drive the
MT wagon is immensely scummy as I never did that

@Penguin ^^
You put an Intent to Hammer on him, and he was your strongest scum read if MT flipped town, who you were tunneling intently....

I'm assuming you meant Blank with the bolded.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:45 am

Post by PenguinPower »

You also referred to Blank as MT's scum buddy at one point...can't find that post.
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:46 am

Post by MissTerry »

I don't see why me and Shadow giving an, "oh no" is AI, I suppose scum could be saying it as a taunt and to look like they are sympathetic to the town but don't you think it's also equally likely a town just saying, "oh no"?
In post 1166, PenguinPower wrote:In post 1140, Harkonnen97 wrote:
So, in conclusion, as long as nobody counterclaims her, I think that she is pretty much confirmed.

I disagree. She was put up against the ropes, and she had to claim a PR not to be lynched. She knew that...heck, you even say it:
I don't see anyone counterclaiming, do you?
In post 1166, PenguinPower wrote:I'm legitimately shocked...could I be wrong about you?
Now that he is defending you you are reconsidering your read? And I am opposing you you are scumreading me. Hm.

In post 1166, PenguinPower wrote:As it stands right now, my strongest suspicion is against MT. If I'm wrong, and there is a roleblocker, worst case scenario we lynch the last PR and...well MT said it best:

In post 1145, MissTerry wrote:
I really can't do anything with my night power :/
At least we confirm the setup. Of course, I think that puts us in Lylo, so that would not be good. Withholding vote at this point. Would like to hear some responses and commentary.
I don't think a confirmed setup will do anything to help at that point. Whether the second scum is roleblocker or goon doesn't matter in LyLo, because it won't get to another night after that.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:53 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1171, MissTerry wrote:I don't see anyone counterclaiming, do you?
In Setup Column B, there would be no one to provide a counterclaim. I made that point in my post.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:56 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1171, MissTerry wrote:Now that he is defending you you are reconsidering your read? And I am opposing you you are scumreading me. Hm.
He shouldn't reconsider just because I made that post. It's poor play to base your read of someone on how they are reading you. You can't get emotional.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:57 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1171, MissTerry wrote:I don't see why me and Shadow giving an, "oh no" is AI, I suppose scum could be saying it as a taunt and to look like they are sympathetic to the town but don't you think it's also equally likely a town just saying, "oh no"?
No. I think it's fluff that does not add anything of value towards us lynching scum, and it comes across as "Look at me! I care so much about town! I'm sooooooooooo sorry town was lynched! I definitely can't be scum!"

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”