Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Unvote yourself, you freak of nature.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Gage
Gage
Townie
Gage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:00 am

Post by Gage »

Unvote, Vote: Albert B. Rampage

He called me a freak of nature! :|
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:35 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Gage, from ABR that's like the pot calling the kettle neon orange.
Permanent V/LA.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:06 am

Post by Unright »

I think I'm beginning to see why some people hate the random voting that starts off every game.

When townies start doing joking uber-scummy posts, nothing can really be learned from it. And if you can't learn anything from it then it's useless.
Vote Right -- Unvote Unright!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:08 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Unright wrote:I think I'm beginning to see why some people hate the random voting that starts off every game.

When townies start doing joking uber-scummy posts, nothing can really be learned from it. And if you can't learn anything from it then it's useless.
how do
you
know the jokes are coming from townies?..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:17 am

Post by Unright »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Unright wrote:I think I'm beginning to see why some people hate the random voting that starts off every game.

how do
you
Based on how many people are making jokes, some of them must be town. I'm not discouraging scum from joking around. They can keep on clowning around if they want.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:17 am

Can we just bandwagon someone like any normal game ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:01 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

Unright wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:

how do
you
Based on how many people are making jokes, some of them must be town. I'm not discouraging scum from joking around. They can keep on clowning around if they want.
Joking about produces responses. No responses means no info. ;)
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:16 am

Post by JordanA24 »

I'm not sure I like how you said townies. I think this is a good place to put an early vote.
Vote: Unright
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:18 am

Post by Unright »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Joking about produces responses. No responses means no info. ;)
I didn't say it didn't produce responses. I said it didn't produce useful responses.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:38 am

Unright wrote:
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Joking about produces responses. No responses means no info. ;)
I didn't say it didn't produce responses. I said it didn't produce useful responses.
it produced this thread of conversation...I, too, didnt like your use of the word "townies", almost implies you know what everyone joking were townies..slip up, this early? Hard to tell....lets move to the pressure stage.

unvote, vote unright

what was your motivation behind letting us know you didnt like the random vote (joking) stage?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:39 am

first "what"=that
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:55 am

Post by Unright »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Unright wrote:
it produced this thread of conversation...I, too, didnt like your use of the word "townies", almost implies you know what everyone joking were townies..slip up, this early? Hard to tell....lets move to the pressure stage.

what was your motivation behind letting us know you didnt like the random vote (joking) stage?
You answered your own question for me. I wanted to bring an abrupt end to the joking stage and move the game into the main stage. Jokey self-votes and meta-gaming votes are impossible to analyze. So now that we've all gotten it out of our system, let's actually begin playing this game.

Additionally, I realize that this move makes me a lightning rod for votes. That's fine. I've got no reason to shy away from them and it invites people to judge others on who is using good logic and who isn't.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Unright wrote:When townies start doing joking uber-scummy posts, nothing can really be learned from it. And if you can't learn anything from it then it's useless.
I agree completely. I would lynch those doing this day one on principle because they are counterproductive - and may well be scum.

Major FOS to those voting Unright based on his post.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

JordanA24 wrote:

I'm not sure I like how you said townies. I think this is a good place to put an early vote.
I'm not sure i like how you latched on to someone elses argument completely in order to validate a BW vote.
Unvote, Vote: Jordan
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:31 am

You fucked up, bro. He didn't bandwagon Unright. That was the first vote unright suffered.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

actually, i didnt fuck up. Jordan latched onto CKD's logic (which is always a bad idea). case closed.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:45 am

Unright wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Unright wrote:

You answered your own question for me. I wanted to bring an abrupt end to the joking stage and move the game into the main stage. Jokey self-votes and meta-gaming votes are impossible to analyze. So now that we've all gotten it out of our system, let's actually begin playing this game.

Additionally, I realize that this move makes me a lightning rod for votes. That's fine. I've got no reason to shy away from them and it invites people to judge others on who is using good logic and who isn't.
Well I guess you did indeed end the random (joke) stage....since this stage bothers you, how do you normally start a game? Attack the random (joke) vote stage? If that stage wasnt there, what would you do?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:45 am

Battle Mage wrote:actually, i didnt fuck up. Jordan latched onto CKD's logic (which is always a bad idea). case closed.
Wrong again. You called it a "BW" vote, when there was no BW.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by Unright »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Well I guess you did indeed end the random (joke) stage....since this stage bothers you, how do you normally start a game? Attack the random (joke) vote stage? If that stage wasnt there, what would you do?
I didn't say that I had a better plan or even that I have a different style. I said I realized why some people don't like it.

Look at posts 19-23. Nekka-Lucifer votes for himself, so Albert B. Rampage and Dragon Phoenix vote for Nekka (with DP listing his reason in quasi-jest(?)), then Battle Mage votes for Dragon Phoenix.

What can be learned from that sequence of events? Absolutely nothing. It's obvious that the voting isn't random, but is it serious? Who knows. The one thing I know is that confusion, chaos, and sarcasm will always help scum more than town. So if I can bring the random (joke) stage to a quick end, then I've eliminated a scum-advantage.

Moving on...
Battle Mage wrote:I'm not sure i like how you latched on to someone elses argument completely in order to validate a BW vote.
Albert B. Rampage is right. JordanA24's suspicion and vote were his own and were first. He wasn't latching onto anyone else's train of thought or jumping on any bandwagons.

unvote
vote: Battle Mage
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:51 pm

Unright wrote:
Albert B. Rampage is right. JordanA24's suspicion and vote were his own and were first. He wasn't latching onto anyone else's train of thought or jumping on any bandwagons.
really?
curiouskarmadog wrote: how do
you
then,
JordanA24 wrote:
Seems pretty close to me...I think Jordan was agreeing with me.

Why are you putting words into ABR's mouth? ABR didnt say that Jordan's suspicions was his own, he only said Jordan didnt bandwagon...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:13 pm

QFT ^

Unvote, vote Unright
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:52 pm

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

Unright. I don't think you have grasped the concept of the random voting stage. It produces reactions, which in turn produces responses to those reactions. These responses could have 'partial' scummy hints in it and we can pressure the person with the 'partial' scummy response. That guy can either be pressured into explaining himself well, or totally messing it up, ending up in a possible lynch.

Get it now? Without Random voting, no-one talks.
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
Gage
Gage
Townie
Gage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:06 pm

Post by Gage »

Unvote

Nekka hits the nail on the head.

Of course, I think random voting would not be necessary if a game started with a night phase, but that results in at least one person signing up but not being able to play due to death. And that isn't fun.

I don't know who to vote for. I gut tells me that if Unright is lynched they'll be green/blue, but my gut is notoriously wrong.

My scumdar is borked, sue me. I'm mainly posting here so you guys will know I'm not lurking.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”