Newbie 1725: Innocents, Inc. [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:49 am

Post by Creature »

I would be satisfied with any of these (in order):
lucca261's slot
LurkPower
Shade_step
Tunnel665
Sigh
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 543, Loopdan wrote:@Thor-- Why have you become much more passive in this game lately? Losing interest or not seeing a target?
I've got my target - it's you.

My most recent comments have been focused on batting down silly side wagons and encouraging people to consolidate.
I suggested you as a top choice.
Unfortunately, until we get some vote traction there isn't much else to do but wait for people to move votes to sensible places.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:54 am

Post by Creature »

And if BlankFace keeps reaction testing me, I might consider adding him to my list.
Sigh
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

Going back and looking, I was attacking you and Creature as recently as Sunday - so sorry if not attacking you for about 12 hours threw you off.
Of course, you're the one citing me as always attacking everything you say - I've never claimed that, and actually disagreed with you.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:56 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Well, Mafia isn't a linear game, and it can be played in a million different ways. Personally, I disagree with not giving your reads on purpose as town. I really don't see how that benefits you and the rest of the town, no matter how hard I try. On the flip side, it makes your slot harder to read, which increases your chances of getting yourself mislynched and reduces your town credibility. All in all, my opinion on it is that it's more of a detriment than it is helpful.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 553, Thor665 wrote:Going back and looking, I was attacking you and Creature as recently as Sunday - so sorry if not attacking you for about 12 hours threw you off.
Of course, you're the one citing me as always attacking everything you say - I've never claimed that, and actually disagreed with you.
I've seen a definite change in your game towards me since Friday morning. Your last real push at scum!Loopdan was post 392. Sure you've said you still think I'm scum, but you've stopped trying to pick apart my posts and have become much less aggressive. If you are town, why did you stop trying to convince town that I'm scum, or at least move your vote to your second scummiest read?

That last question is genuine, not accusatory.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Loopdan »

BlankFace's activity level is anti-town. We cannot properly sort him this way.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:24 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

In post 457, BlankFace wrote:My phone is borked, as a wae ing to everyone so my activity my drop a little bit.
He posted this yesterday.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 555, Loopdan wrote:Sure you've said you still think I'm scum, but you've stopped trying to pick apart my posts and have become much less aggressive.
Crazy thought - just occurred to me - I haven't seen you say anything new and scummy in your recent posting.
I've never claimed that scum are scum in every post.
That I still think you're scum, and still want you lynched hasn't changed - but you're not lying and twisting anymore, and I've already pointed out the ones you did do.
In post 555, Loopdan wrote: If you are town, why did you stop trying to convince town that I'm scum, or at least move your vote to your second scummiest read?
Wasn't aware I had stopped.
Wouldn't move to my second read, because it would be a sideways wagon move - moving off a two vote wagon to create a two vote wagon hardly offsets voting for second top read.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 395, Thor665 wrote:
In post 381, Thor665 wrote:If your question is 'could he be town?'
Yeah, sure - I actualy kind of like that he unvoted you (albeit in the face of overwhelming evidence and without putting his vote on either of his second, clearly stated, scum pile suspects...but that might just be newbieness at play there)
He still doesn't seem to even be trying to scumhunt, I feel more like he's making the motions and hoping that's enough. If he believed in his scumhunting I believe he would have at least questioned/attacked me over calling his reads empty and reactive. He didn't - I read that as tacit admission that I'm correct, still wanna force a claim.
Like, here we are a few posts ago - with Thor, the man who refuses to consider Loop could be town.

Have you done something better than this for me in the last week?
This was a pretty clear attack on you - one you haven't managed to back up, and incidentally one that plays against your chosen (lie) narrative that all I'm doing is attacking you without considering how anything you do might be townish.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Thor665 »

In 484 I call your entire Lucca case empty.

Yeah, that's about all I do to you over the weekend.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:40 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 536, Loopdan wrote:Penguin, did you not read the rest of the thread when you posted your comment about 465 being bad? Or are you trying to justify lingering on a failed wagon while you wait for the next townie wagon to form?
I was commenting on posts in chronological order. This is why I don't like doing WoTs. However, your follow up posts look more like defense of a bad post than legitimate reasons for the vote.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:05 am

Post by innocentvillager »

A brief reminder to all players that no personal attacks are allowed. There is a line between aggressive play and personal attacks, do not cross it. Thanks.

VOTECOUNT 1.9
Player
Being voted by (in chronological order)
Number of Votes
1. PenguinPower Creature
2. MissTerry Shadow_step
3. serrapaladin Loopdan, Harkonnen97
4. Harkonnen97
5. Loopdan PenguinPower, Thor665
6. Creature
7. BlankFace serrapaladin
8. Shadow_step MissTerry
9. Thor665 BlankFace

Not voting:

Deadline to lynch is in (expired on 2016-07-23 01:09:00)

With 9 eligible to vote, it's 5 to lynch

Please let me know if there are errors in the VC, or have any other questions in general. Don't forget to bold such requests to me.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 559, Thor665 wrote:
In post 395, Thor665 wrote:
In post 381, Thor665 wrote:If your question is 'could he be town?'
Yeah, sure - I actualy kind of like that he unvoted you (albeit in the face of overwhelming evidence and without putting his vote on either of his second, clearly stated, scum pile suspects...but that might just be newbieness at play there)
He still doesn't seem to even be trying to scumhunt, I feel more like he's making the motions and hoping that's enough. If he believed in his scumhunting I believe he would have at least questioned/attacked me over calling his reads empty and reactive. He didn't - I read that as tacit admission that I'm correct, still wanna force a claim.
Like, here we are a few posts ago - with Thor, the man who refuses to consider Loop could be town.

Have you done something better than this for me in the last week?
This was a pretty clear attack on you - one you haven't managed to back up, and incidentally one that plays against your chosen (lie) narrative that all I'm doing is attacking you without considering how anything you do might be townish.
Oh, this again! I'm glad you brought it back up because I forgot to comment on it last time, and I see you are now doubling down on your attempt to misconstrue my statement.

Thor, show me the post where I say you've never made a pro-town comment about me. Because your argument against me at this point is that I said that. And you keep bringing up a single post to prove that you did indeed have one post where you made a pro-town comment about me. So show us the post that you are arguing against. You know, the one with my "narrative" about you never making a pro-town post about me.

Show us the post that you are arguing against. I'll wait.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Just kidding. I ain't waiting.
In post 390, Loopdan wrote:@Thor-- I didn't immediately place my vote on you because I'm still reading some of your meta, and I can't figure out if you are scum or town unable to reconsider reads. I think you've only made one pro-town comment about me since your first post.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Loopdan »

But I'm glad we agree that you only have one pro-town post about me. Since that's all you could find, too.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Loopdan: Thor, I think you've only made one pro-town comment about me since your first post.

Thor: Scummy liar! You are saying I've never made a pro-town comment about you. That's not true, here is one pro-town comment I made about you to prove you are lying.

Loopdan: :?
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:31 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Sup guys.

Found any scum yet, thor?

UNVOTE:

I'll have a read of stuff
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 115, Loopdan wrote:I thought Hark's Creature-Thor distancing theory was bonkers at first, but it does seem like the kind of thing a SE and IC team would pre-plan.
Question to the audience: is it obvious that scum can talk in their qt pregame if you've never been scum?
Wandering but not lost
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 568, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 115, Loopdan wrote:I thought Hark's Creature-Thor distancing theory was bonkers at first, but it does seem like the kind of thing a SE and IC team would pre-plan.
Question to the audience: is it obvious that scum can talk in their qt pregame if you've never been scum?

It is if you asked the IC about it in your first game (and then got scumread by others for what they saw as a LAMIST play).

From that game:
In post 35, Loopdan wrote:Question for Drixx (or whoever knows)-- Did the mafia have an opportunity to communicate with each other during the pre-game, or are they incommunicado until Night 1?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Loopdan »

But I do like that you thought to ask that question.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 561, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 536, Loopdan wrote:Penguin, did you not read the rest of the thread when you posted your comment about 465 being bad? Or are you trying to justify lingering on a failed wagon while you wait for the next townie wagon to form?
I was commenting on posts in chronological order. This is why I don't like doing WoTs. However, your follow up posts look more like defense of a bad post than legitimate reasons for the vote.
Ok, so when you wrote that post 465 was bad, you hadn't read my next few posts about my vote on lucca. But then you read my next posts about lucca and decided they were just defense for a bad vote rater than legitimate reasons.

When you say they are not legitimate reasons, does that mean you read the game I linked from lucca's meta and you disagreed with my evaluation of it? I'm curious then, what exactly do you disagree with in my reasons for the lucca vote? And why wouldn't you have commented on it already if you read the game and disagreed with my take on it?

That would have been townier than taking one post and claiming I was trying to lynch a replacing-out player, which I stated unequivocally I would not support in my very next post.

You want to paint my vote as scummy, and my lucca read as manufactured, yet you've done none of the work to actually say why the reasons are bad behind why I came to like what was initially a pressure vote on a lurking slot.

And you make it look like 465 came from nowhere, but I made three posts about voting lucca before that.

Spoiler: You know, these ones...
In post 417, Loopdan wrote:Shadow's point about voting applies to me, too.

VOTE: Lucca

Not a strong scum-lean, but I don't have a stronger one at this point.
In post 446, Loopdan wrote:Thanks for the explanation, Thor.

I just read Lucca's other game here on MS, and am liking my vote on that slot even more, now.
In post 461, Loopdan wrote:
In post 447, Thor665 wrote:
In post 446, Loopdan wrote:I just read Lucca's other game here on MS, and am liking my vote on that slot even more, now.
Why is that?
In 1706, townLucca showed a much deeper level of analysis and was much more accusatory early on than Lucca has been in our game.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Fair enough, loop. Is that your only completed game?

@Thor: What was with that epic wall-exchange with Creature? Did your read on him progress throughout? I would have probably just told him to go away and focus on useful stuff...

About halfway through.
Wandering but not lost
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 572, serrapaladin wrote:Fair enough, loop. Is that your only completed game?
Yes. There is an ongoing non-newbie game that I replaced out of after like three posts. My slot in that game has since been lynched, but I won't say more because it is ongoing.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 263, Loopdan wrote:Town!Thor, I'd like to see you scum hunt, rather than just post walls of logic nitpicking. You look like you've dived deep into a pool of confirmation bias.

Scum!Thor, your inability to advance reads looks bad. Your "scum hunting" is almost entirely reactive.
I like you - please be town.
Wandering but not lost

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”