This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:26 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Cephrir wrote:I mean, I don't really
think
CKD is as stupid as his posts, I think he's pretending not to understand a single word I'm saying. If he wasn't trying so hard to twist my words, the vote/lynch argument would never have happened.
I am not misundersanding anything, you said you didnt lynch anybody...that is a load of crap..you voted and pushed for the Karen lynch...YOU were one of the people who lynched Karen...if you didnt lynch Karen, who did?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:59 am

Post by Twomz »

Lynch = a person getting the majority of votes. The people who voted for the person that was lynched are the people who Lynched the person, some may even say that the entirety of the town is responsible... but the people who actually voted for the person cannot shrug off the responsibility.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'm not trying to shrug off the responsibility, it sounded to me like CKD was trying to put the entire lynch on me, but it isn't solely my fault.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:05 pm

Post by Twomz »

No, it is not just your fault, it is Karen's fault along with everyone who voted for her (including me).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Exactly.
Bartleby the Scrivener
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:55 pm

Post by dybeck »

Although I think we can all agree that most people on those wagons were probably scum, no?

There are, after all, an inordinately large amount of scum here.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:55 pm

never said it was just his fault...and he knows that for he quoted me when I said, that people on the Karen lynch were scum or simple minded (easily lead)..

right now, he is trying to bide some sympathy by saying that I said it was just his fault..never have I said that..all he said was that he didnt lynch her..which is a lie

Day 2 he thought greenday/thorn was scum, but wants the town to believe he didnt care if we lynched him or not...which is a lie.

he says I am blatantly lying, when I prove him wrong, he ignores it...he continues lying....I think this town NEEDS to listen to me for once..

if I am wrong come after me tomorrow, but I doubt I will live through the night.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by dybeck »

Everyone needs to listen to curiouskarmadog.

Hell, people actually reading the thread would be a start. We still need those prods.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:04 pm

seriously...I think there is just 5 people in the game
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:25 pm

Post by Blight »

I've read through the CKD/Dybeck/Ceph arguement, and I still don't know who to vote for. I don't know why people were pushing Ceph's lynch yesterday, and I don't know why they're pushing for his lynch today.

I'm just going to go ahead and vote for the person I thought was scum after Greenday.

Vote: Zoneace
And behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:44 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

While this CKD/dybeck/cephrir/ZONEACE argument is interesting, there are more pressing problems.

Vote: Kanaga

I don't have time for a full PBPA right now, so here's a Cliffs Notes version:

Fernando: Pushed the Karen wagon without actually hopping on it (well-known scumtell), randomly cast suspicion on WhoMe? without following up on it (scumtell).

Kanaga: Waffles between Green Day and Cephrir early on D2 (wishy-washy), brings up roleclaims without really pushing for it (reeks of scum testing the waters), posts information about a handful of players without posting analysis (VERY scummy, it's been a reliable scumtell for me in current games), votes Green Day using weak reasoning (failure to defend oneself is NOT a scumtell)*, calls out thinktank on a scummy post yet only FoS'es thinktank (possible Friend of Scum tell, needs explanation), <lots of null tells>, tries to have it both ways re: Cephrir and Zoneace (scummy - it reeks of scum not wanting to give an opinion, and I've seen scum use this tactic in other games), "Right now we need to be grateful that we don't have two more town dead" ("good night for us" comments are a known scumtell), makes a comment about the setup in a matter that suggested inside information to me, throws dirt at dybeck without following up on it (again, a well-known scumtell), gives good reasoning for one part of his setup comment and weak reasoning for the other (the latter is what tipped me off about Kanaga in the first place), defends his setup comment with mediocre reasoning, OMGUS's me without following up on it (yet AGAIN - absolutely REEKS of scum trying not to step on toes), joins the Cephrir wagon with bad reasoning.

Conclusions: Kanaga is probably scum. Both Fernando and Kanaga have been throwing dirt at players without actually accusing them of being scum (and before you ask, there's a difference between analysis and dirt-throwing). Moreover, Kanaga has been wishy-washy for most of the game (especially when the Green Day and Cephrir wagons were strong at the beginning of D2), and Kanaga's post 658 reeks of scum on many levels (he's commenting on the good night and casting suspicion without following up on it - both scumtells - and his comments on the setup seem to indicate inside information to me).
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:05 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Wikipedia wrote: Shape-shifters similar to werewolves are common in tales from all over the world, though most of them involve animal forms other than wolves.
FOURTH VOTECOUNT

Cephrir
(6) -curiouskarmadog , WhoMe? , davidangelsummers , Twomz , dybeck , Kanaga

ZONEACE
(2) - Kison , Blight
curiouskarmadog
(1) - Cephrir
dybeck
(1) - ZONEACE
Kanaga
(1) - Tarhalindur

Not voting
(5): Sonicpulsar , ChocolateAttack , Flyinghawk , killerbob , thinktank

Needed for a lynch: 9 votes
Negotiable deadline: 24 days

If by deadline no one has 9 votes player with more votes is lynched
If two players have same number of votes lynch is decided by duel
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:35 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

dybeck wrote:
mod: can we have some prods on the non-posting members of this game please?
done
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:37 am

Post by WhoMe? »

im still around guys. Im not inactive, I just have seen no reason to change my vote.
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:18 am

Post by ZONEACE »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:
dybeck wrote:
mod: can we have some prods on the non-posting members of this game please?
done
and Sonic Pulsar is likely gonna need replacing, last page he said if he hadn't contributed anything by sunday night he'd be asking for one.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:00 am

Post by Cephrir »

curiouskarmadog wrote:never said it was just his fault...and he knows that for he quoted me when I said, that people on the Karen lynch were scum or simple minded (easily lead)..
right now, he is trying to bide some sympathy by saying that I said it was just his fault..never have I said that..all he said was that he didnt lynch her..which is a lie[/quote]

This whole thing is a matter of misinterpretation. When you said I lynched Karen, I took that to mean that you thought I alone was responsible. I was not lying when I said I didn't lynch Karen. At the time I said that, we were operating under different definitions of the word lynch, and neither of us realized this.
Day 2 he thought greenday/thorn was scum, but wants the town to believe he didnt care if we lynched him or not...which is a lie.
I absolutely did not ever think Thorn was scum. I realize that I am fallible and my suspicions can be wrong. I never thought for sure Thorn was scum. I thought Green Day was suspicious. When I say suspicious, I do not mean "THIS PERSON IS DEFINITELY SCUM". I have said this so many times it's not even funny. And I most certainly did not care if we lynched Thorn. If you think that is a lie, explain to me how it is that I obviously wanted Thorn lynched despite deliberately and repeatedly not voting for her when given the chance.
he says I am blatantly lying, when I prove him wrong, he ignores it...he continues lying....I think this town NEEDS to listen to me for once..
I AM NOT LYING. See the quote of yours before this one, where you say that I "want the town to believe I didn't care if we lynched Thorn or not, which is a lie"? Well, that's a lie. I definitely did not care if Thorn was lynched, and I said this many, many times yesterday. Please read what I write.
if I am wrong come after me tomorrow, but I doubt I will live through the night.
It's good to know that if you get the town to lynch me, we'll finally catch scum tomorrow.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:11 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

Blight wrote:I've read through the CKD/Dybeck/Ceph arguement, and I still don't know who to vote for. I don't know why people were pushing Ceph's lynch yesterday, and I don't know why they're pushing for his lynch today.

I'm just going to go ahead and vote for the person I thought was scum after Greenday.

Mind sharing me your reason why you vote Zoneace and why do u think he scum?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:17 am

ChocolateAttack wrote:
Blight wrote:I've read through the CKD/Dybeck/Ceph arguement, and I still don't know who to vote for. I don't know why people were pushing Ceph's lynch yesterday, and I don't know why they're pushing for his lynch today.

ChocolateAttack wrote:Another miss lynch! im seriously need to go back and read the thread now. What wrong with all the townies-acting-scummy now? it so not cool!
Mind sharing what you found in the reread? Mind sharing why this is your second post Day 2 without content? Mind sharing why you are not voting for anyone?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

Mind responding to me?
Bartleby the Scrivener
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:50 am

Cephrir wrote:Mind responding to me?
sure thing, when I get back...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:42 am

Post by Twomz »

Mind your manners? Mind if I put my hand here? Mind if I smoke? Mind if I slap you for saying yes? Mind if I post content?
Kanaga
Kanaga
Townie
Kanaga
Townie
Townie

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:48 pm

Post by Kanaga »

Tar:
Waffles between Green Day and Cephrir early on D2 (wishy-washy)
Wasn't sure who was scummier, I had just joined the game.
brings up roleclaims without really pushing for it (reeks of scum testing the waters)
Newbie testing the waters, actually.
posts information about a handful of players without posting analysis (VERY scummy, it's been a reliable scumtell for me in current games),
I'm not sure where I did this. I don't think I did this too much, either. Plus I don't really see how this is "VERY" scummy.
votes Green Day using weak reasoning (failure to defend oneself is NOT a scumtell)*
I don't know all the scumtells. However it looked to me like he was trying to wait his bandwagon out. I was voting him a lot based on reasons already stated. I would like to note that you voted Thorn with the explanation "In the interests of getting this game moving again". Hypocritical, much? At least I posted SOME reasoning. I'm not sure if you wanted to make a note about your statement with that *, I'd like to hear some reasoning about it.
calls out thinktank on a scummy post yet only FoS'es thinktank (possible Friend of Scum tell, needs explanation)
I thought the Green Day/Thorn wagon was better at the time. I didn't really "only" FoS him, I meant it and I said it was a huge FoS, not a small one.
tries to have it both ways re: Cephrir and Zoneace (scummy - it reeks of scum not wanting to give an opinion, and I've seen scum use this tactic in other games)
I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you saying I both said they were scummy and that they were unscummy? I did give an opinion on them.
"Right now we need to be grateful that we don't have two more town dead" ("good night for us" comments are a known scumtell),
I thought it was a good thing that town doesn't have another person dead. Should I have wished we had 2 deaths that night? I don't like your logic with "EVERYONE knowns that this is a OBVIOUS scumtell". It makes me feel like you are trying to lead the town.
makes a comment about the setup in a matter that suggested inside information to me,
Ugh, just be quiet about the inside information thing. This seems to happen at least every second game, and it hasn't seemed to be a scumtell to me. I just made a comment speculating something. I was making a GUESS. An estimate.
hrows dirt at dybeck without following up on it (again, a well-known scumtell)
More "guys everyone knowns that this=scummy". I was still looking at who to vote for. I don't follow up every single suspicion with a vote, thats not how I play. I'm usually quite unsure at the start of game days, making me look indecisive- which I am, until I find a person to vote for and stick to them.
gives good reasoning for one part of his setup comment and weak reasoning for the other (the latter is what tipped me off about Kanaga in the first place)
I addressed most of this up above. I think playing scum would be far too easy if there was something like a cop in the mafia. Maybe a roleblocker or something, but 2 scum actions is a decent amount in a game of this size.
defends his setup comment with mediocre reasoning, OMGUS's me without following up on it (yet AGAIN - absolutely REEKS of scum trying not to step on toes)
As I said earlier, I see a lot of little scum indicators so I point them out. Since I have many of these I see a day I can't really follow them all up. But if you keep acting scummy I will follow up on them. As you said earlier, part of my reasoning was good, and I addressed the rest above.
joins the Cephrir wagon with bad reasoning.
I felt I had to choose a side. Also, a LOT of the reasoning I was voting for had been stated by CKD.

Overall, I think that just because you say something is a scum tell doesn't mean it is. And my play style is to just point out stuff at the start of the day. It looks to me like you are trying to argue against the Cephrir wagon indirectly, which is scummy.
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:37 pm

Post by Blight »

ChocolateAttack wrote:

Meh. Just a gut feeling.
And behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die.
Flyinghawk
Flyinghawk
Goon
Flyinghawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:53 pm

Post by Flyinghawk »

curiouskarmadog wrote:never said it was just his fault...and he knows that for he quoted me when I said, that people on the Karen lynch were scum or simple minded (easily lead)..

right now, he is trying to bide some sympathy by saying that I said it was just his fault..never have I said that..all he said was that he didnt lynch her..which is a lie

Mightt we further add that if we were to lynch CKD for being wrong, to follow up with a dybeck lynch, as he has basically puppy-dog followed along with everything CKD has said.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:05 pm

Post by Twomz »

Flyinghawk wrote:

Mightt we further add that if we were to lynch CKD for being wrong, to follow up with a dybeck lynch, as he has basically puppy-dog followed along with everything CKD has said.
Na, they have just been pretty agreeably with each other. Dybeck has put forth some stuff that CKD has agreed with and vice versa. It is more likely that they just think similarly in mafia games.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”