Newbie 470: Trouble at Mount Excitement - Mafia Wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:19 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Actually, I'm not done with how silly a statement "Find another way to prove me wrong instead of attacking the other players" is.
What would you have us do?
You were at L-1, claimed cop, and the two of us that have unvoted naturally voted someone else. Isn't attacking other players what you wanted? Serious.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:53 pm

Post by Dark_Lady_Shaiann »

Not when it comes to proving me wrong. If Joubert thinks I'm lying then he needs to go back through and counterclaim every hint I have left behind, and my reasons for wanting certain people lynched. Not just go around and randomly raise suspicions about every one else. I have already stated my position and who I feel is scum, and either he agrees with me or he doesn't, and he needs to say something about it. He attacked me pretty hard, but never voted for me, and continues to attack others. He needs to make a real statement and stop dancing around the issues.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:56 pm

I'm actually not sure if you're attacking Joubert or me, but the only way for anyone to prove you aren't the cop is by killing you.
I was talking to Joubert, thats why both of his responses were quoted, I just quoted the original comments aswell so you would know what we were both refering to.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:41 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Vote Count

Dark_Lady_Shaiann (1: Happiest Sadist)
Happiest Sadist (2: Dark_Lady_Shaiann, Charms86)
TheSweatpantsNinja (1: Mastermind of Sin)
MastermindofSin (1: ShadowLurker)
ShadowLurker (1: TheSweatpantsNinja)

Not Voting: Joubert

alive,
to lynch
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:18 pm

This game is doing some serious dragging. It's already a page longer than my last game......

Where is every one?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:51 pm

I don't know. I don't really see much point in the two of us shouting at each other anymore, because I don't think either of us our scum.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:57 pm

I'm not shouting, just making my point. Forgive me if I sound a bit harsh.
Happiest Sadist
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:08 am

Post by Happiest Sadist »

Well, I haven't posted in a while.

I don't think that reading the rules and noticing what's different is scummy. I noticed that when I read the rules at the beginning. However I forgot about it because it was not applicable to me for a long time.

DLS, you said that you wrote a long post explaining everything. However your long posts were rambling and incoherent. They did not address the first question of why you decided to put someone at Lynch-1 on the first day with basically no reason. Instead they used huge amounts of WIFOM reasoning to muddy the waters. Now you are claiming that you are in trouble for defending yourself and nothing else. No. You are in trouble because you made a stupid vote. Then you tried, rather than to answer the accusations, to confuse the issue.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:12 am

Uhhhhhh..........
Yeah... a random vote for me even after I have been quite active in what has been going on. I feel that he must have a reason by now or he would have changed it. So basically I'm just adding that little bit of pressure. I would unvote him, but I think I will wait for his answer......

((My response to HS's accusations about my SL vote.))
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:17 am

Now you are claiming that you are in trouble for defending yourself and nothing else
Every one since you has claimed that I am being too defensive. You are the only one who is still stuck on my SL vote, even though I already answered that question....more than once actually.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:27 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:No, no, I'm not the cop. Its just frustrating finding the player I was fairly confident was scum is the cop. I'm actually not sure if you're attacking Joubert or me, but the only way for anyone to
prove
you aren't the cop is by killing you. Since you probably are the cop, I sort of don't want to do that.

As for Joubert, vote jumping is changing your vote. Voting people for changing votes on Day 1 when there cannot possibly be hard evidence is a serious reach of a reason, so I am voting for a player who has been lurking his way through Day 1, has voted for a player I feel is town, and had a bad reason for doing so anyway.
So let's look at TheSweatpantsNinja's double standards:

He says one of the reasons he's voting me is because I'm lurking
I have more posts than Happiest Sadist in this game and in addition, if you look through my posts, I have been inactive recently in all my games, Happiest Sadist is active in the other game he's in.
TheSweatpantsNinja believes my vote is weak and on a player he thinks is town. Happiest Sadist is voting DLS who is the claimed cop for putting someone at L-1.

And no, I didn't vote MoS for vote hopping, I voted him for being opportunistic and abandoning a case he's been pushing for the majority of the day. Nice misrepresentation though.

Would be fine with a Happiest Sadist lynch, but not right now as he's hardly said anything.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

ShadowLurker wrote:And no, I didn't vote MoS for vote hopping, I voted him for being opportunistic and abandoning a case he's been pushing for the majority of the day. Nice misrepresentation though.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
ShadowLurker wrote:Sorry for not being on.. if you check my recent posts I have not posted anywhere or in any of my games.

Generally, I find that scum are more likely not to read the rules as they have less to gain. The fact that TSN knew of its existance
in the rules
is a point in his/her favor.
MoS' quick jumping on with
MoS wrote:This is as good as lead as any.
and him dropping Charms so quickly is hugely suspicious.
Unvote, Vote MoS
A) the charms wagon was going nowhere and the game was stalling
B) what makes you think I "dropped" charms? I still suspect him.
Permanent V/LA.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:54 pm

ShadowLurker wrote:And no, I didn't vote MoS for vote hopping, I voted him for being opportunistic and abandoning a case he's been pushing for the majority of the day. Nice misrepresentation though.
Sounds like splitting hairs to me. And no, you aren't the only lurker, nor the worst. It might be a double standard in the sense that I don't find every lurker as suspicious as I do you, but, well, that's how it is.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:36 pm

Post by Joubert »

Not when it comes to proving me wrong. If Joubert thinks I'm lying then he needs to go back through and counterclaim every hint I have left behind, and my reasons for wanting certain people lynched. Not just go around and randomly raise suspicions about every one else. I have already stated my position and who I feel is scum, and either he agrees with me or he doesn't, and he needs to say something about it. He attacked me pretty hard, but never voted for me, and continues to attack others. He needs to make a real statement and stop dancing around the issues.
This seems to heavily depend on what side of the fence you are standing. Is it your responsibility to prove yourself right, or mine (or any other player) to prove you wrong? If you really are cop, you must have something more than just a lone claim. If claiming was so magical in repelling suspicion and possibly misdirect everyone, then anyone can claim to scramble the eggs...
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:I am the cop. Mafia is trying to get rid of me now, so they don't have to nightkill me, (Though if I made it through the day they probably would have nightkilled me anyway.
How do you know that Mafia is trying to kill you RIGHT NOW? Ah yeah, because you are the cop (supposed, at least). But that's what YOU say. It's more like a kind of circular reasoning...
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:They obviously know who I am because they quickly picked up on the clues I was trying to leave behind. If you go back and read, you just might pick them up too.
Clues? What clues? You know something we don't? If you're town, the others should know. If you don't present your cards right away, there's nothing that could make it clear if you're bluffing or not. Townies don't have anything to hide. Scum do...

Vote: Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:07 pm

Ummm......didn't you see the post where I quoted all of the clues......?

Chances are I'm playing this cop role wrong, and that is probably why every one had been suspecting me, and probably why you still can't let it go, but that doesn't mean that I'm lying.

I wasn't fully aware that I was really allowed to just randomly shout out my role at the begining of the game (Which is basically what your telling me I should have done). I figured it was more something to fall back on if it was needed, since I don't really want to be killed on the first day or night. So, I wasn't hiding it from townies, I was trying to hide it from scum, but I wasn't really doing a good job, cause, from as far as I can tell, they picked it up first, realizing that my sneaky action obviously wasn't becuase I was scum.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:04 am

Um, Joubert and HS, WTF?

You can't actually be calling for cop claims at the beginning of Day 1, can you? And you can't seriously be trying to lynch an uncountered cop claim? Really?

I think I've found my scum.

Unvote, vote HappiestSadist.
FOS Joubert.
Charms86
Charms86
Townie
Charms86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:23 am

Post by Charms86 »

Joubert wrote:
This seems to heavily depend on what side of the fence you are standing. Is it your responsibility to prove yourself right, or mine (or any other player) to prove you wrong? If you really are cop, you must have something more than just a lone claim. If claiming was so magical in repelling suspicion and possibly misdirect everyone, then anyone can claim to scramble the eggs...
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:I am the cop. Mafia is trying to get rid of me now, so they don't have to nightkill me, (Though if I made it through the day they probably would have nightkilled me anyway.
How do you know that Mafia is trying to kill you RIGHT NOW? Ah yeah, because you are the cop (supposed, at least). But that's what YOU say. It's more like a kind of circular reasoning...
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:They obviously know who I am because they quickly picked up on the clues I was trying to leave behind. If you go back and read, you just might pick them up too.
Clues? What clues? You know something we don't? If you're town, the others should know. If you don't present your cards right away, there's nothing that could make it clear if you're bluffing or not. Townies don't have anything to hide. Scum do...

Vote: Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Joubert, I'm confused. Dark Lady's posts may have been a bit rambly, but her arguments seem to be just as sound as anyone else's on here. How could she prove her position as cop any more than she already has? And are you suggesting she claim cop as early as possible? If you were cop how would you go about claiming?
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

MoS: You said TSPN's "lead" was as good as any, that implies you saw they were equal. Not to mention TSPN's wagon was hugely opportunistic as it was based on craplogic.

TSPN: Way to ignore my post and then go jumping on someone else randomly for no reason.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:59 pm

Wow.
Unvote, Vote: Joubert

That post severely stunk of scum who thought they could make a strong argument to get DLS lynched today, despite the cop claim.
Permanent V/LA.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:35 pm

ShadowLurker wrote: TSPN: Way to ignore my post and then go jumping on someone else randomly for no reason.
Randomly for no reason? Did you read my voting post? Did you read my response to your post? I mean, I changed my mind after I saw what HS and Joubert were up to, but still. I can only assume that you did not read those things.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:49 am

Post by Joubert »

Fuck off, man... It looks like claiming Cop is the single best option to avoid suspicion AND repel shit on others. Too bad I didn't think about it before Dark Lady did. What would happen if I claimed Cop too? Even if she really is Cop, the reactions are unreal...
Joubert, I'm confused. Dark Lady's posts may have been a bit rambly, but her arguments seem to be just as sound as anyone else's on here. How could she prove her position as cop any more than she already has? And are you suggesting she claim cop as early as possible? If you were cop how would you go about claiming?
It's not about the contents, but more than about the reactions of others. Claiming doesn't make you clean. And there's at least one around here who wiped off any suspicion because of the claim. TSPN was severly pointed at recently, so he would quickly jump on anything that could get some approval from others...

As for MoS, he's talking as if he knew 100% that Dark Lady is the Cop. Scum don't know who's Cop (or if there's one or not), but they know who's Town. Talking like something is 100% certain is a Sure-Hit Scumtell™...

Moral of the story: never attack a claimed Cop and excuse everything, no matter the circumstances...

Unvote: Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:31 pm

Dark_Lady has had a lot of evidence to back up her claim. She's been dropping breadcrumbs for it all game, and I was pretty sure she was the cop *before* she claimed. I was saying we shouldn't vote her before she got wagoned to a claim, so don't act like I suddenly changed my mind because of her claim. It was pretty obvious she was innocent before that.
Permanent V/LA.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:53 pm

Post by Joubert »

I see...
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:06 pm

Joubert wrote:Fuck off, man...
Ok, thats like completly rude and unnecessary. It's just a game.....
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:34 am

Post by Joubert »

Oh, that's possible...
Maybe it doesn't bear the same signification depending of the country. Sorry for that...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”