Newbie 1725: Innocents, Inc. [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:55 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Nvm, I think he's at L-3.

MissTerry, please respond to this:
In post 107, Harkonnen97 wrote:MissTerry, if your vote on me is no longer random, could you please give your reasoning behind it?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 174, Harkonnen97 wrote:Why are you voting for Loopdan if you believe he is townish?
Those comments, save one, are in chronological order of my read - the townish comment was on Page 1, he started to slide after that.
In post 174, Harkonnen97 wrote:Also, that's quite a few votes on him already. I think he's at L-2?
L-3 I believe, since Creature unvoted, but I may have missed one and maybe he's at L-2.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

In post 173, Thor665 wrote:
In post 144, Loopdan wrote:When Thor (or whoever fills his slot) finally shows up he needs to give his read on Creature. I will not move my vote until this happens.
:lol:
Currently townish, but I'd like to see him field my questions to him.
My bad. I thought that you were talking about Loopdan's post here, not Creature.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:32 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 176, Thor665 wrote:
In post 174, Harkonnen97 wrote:Why are you voting for Loopdan if you believe he is townish?
Those comments, save one, are in chronological order of my read - the townish comment was on Page 1, he started to slide after that.
In post 174, Harkonnen97 wrote:Also, that's quite a few votes on him already. I think he's at L-2?
L-3 I believe, since Creature unvoted, but I may have missed one and maybe he's at L-2.
@Thor-- Why no explanation on your vote? What led you to change your early read of me from town to scum?

Also, your catchup post gave a townish read on Creature. I would like to hear your reasons why. His early play made no sense to me, when he essentially predicted that you would be lurking.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:42 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 144, Loopdan wrote:When Thor (or whoever fills his slot) finally shows up he needs to give his read on Creature. I will not move my vote until this happens.

I look forward to your answer too.
Answer to what? If you mean my read on Creature, I'm null.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 178, Loopdan wrote:@Thor-- Why no explanation on your vote? What led you to change your early read of me from town to scum?
If I explained why you are scum would you ever agree with me? Don't really see the point.
I changed my read on you from town to scum because though you opened kind of nicely with actual scumhunting but then shifted to saying a whole lot of nothing and also advancing nothing. At this point I feel like you're actively trying not to advance anything - just coasting.
In post 179, Loopdan wrote:

Not that, I actually asked you and Hark a question, but apparently put it inside a quote so it was harder to spot - so here they are again.
In post 173, Thor665 wrote:@Hark - if I'm scum because my scumbuddy is distancing from me, why aren't you voting my scumbuddy? For me to be scum doesn't it require him to be scum? So, basically you're voting the less likely of the two of us to be scum...?

@Loop - if I'm scum because my scumbuddy is bussing me over awareness of my impending lurk early, why aren't you voting my scumbuddy? For me to be scum doesn't it require him to be scum? So, basically you're voting the less likely of the two of us to be scum...?
You also didn't answer the question that wasn't clogged up in quotes when I asked you about how your playstyle was easy to read.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 180, Thor665 wrote:
In post 178, Loopdan wrote:@Thor-- Why no explanation on your vote? What led you to change your early read of me from town to scum?
If I explained why you are scum would you ever agree with me? Don't really see the point.
Your explanation can help me sort
you
. And there has to be value in that for town!Thor.
In post 180, Thor665 wrote: I changed my read on you from town to scum because though you opened kind of nicely with actual scumhunting but then shifted to saying a whole lot of nothing and also advancing nothing. At this point I feel like you're actively trying not to advance anything - just coasting.
You have a point here about scum hunting. I felt engaged in the game at the beginning, but it's frustrating that there really isn't anything to work off of at this point, other than everyone's reactions to your lurking.
In post 179, Loopdan wrote:

Not that, I actually asked you and Hark a question, but apparently put it inside a quote so it was harder to spot - so here they are again.
In post 173, Thor665 wrote:@Hark - if I'm scum because my scumbuddy is distancing from me, why aren't you voting my scumbuddy? For me to be scum doesn't it require him to be scum? So, basically you're voting the less likely of the two of us to be scum...?

@Loop - if I'm scum because my scumbuddy is bussing me over awareness of my impending lurk early, why aren't you voting my scumbuddy? For me to be scum doesn't it require him to be scum? So, basically you're voting the less likely of the two of us to be scum...?
Creature actually asked me earlier about who I thought was scummier. I said my vote was on you, but gave no reason. It was because you weren't here. And I disagree that Creature must be scum for you to be scum.
In post 180, Thor665 wrote: You also didn't answer the question that wasn't clogged up in quotes when I asked you about how your playstyle was easy to read.
I guess everybody thinks they should be easy to read as town. In my other game I was pushed pretty hard most of Day 1 (I was put at L-1 twice), but survived and made it the rest of the game as universally town-read by all but scum.

Right now it seems more likely that town!Thor is pushing the only wagon so he can sort, than scum!Thor is trying to lynch town. So...

UNVOTE:

But I don't really know where to go from here.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:00 am

Post by Creature »

In post 173, Thor665 wrote:What is your usual scum/scum interaction habit?
Try to interact the less possible with my scum buddy (even if I try the opposite).
if I'm scum because my scumbuddy is distancing from me, why aren't you voting my scumbuddy? For me to be scum doesn't it require him to be scum? So, basically you're voting the less likely of the two of us to be scum...?
If someone calls you out for lurking and you do that intentionally, is there any way you can be town?
I don't follow - he was voting Hark.
His vote was RVS and he didn't seem to have intent to pressure Hark when he cast his vote. can't be considered pressure post.
How do you know I noticed?
I saw you posting in another game in this same subforum.
why would I do it as scum.
Be less readable, give less info, and when everybody is set to lynch you, you ask this.
But, that said, have you any evidence that suggests I lurk as scum?
Sometimes being active as town but not as scum can be a good evidence.
What about flake as scum?
I don't think you would flake out, but I usually see scum flaking out.
Clarify?
Lurking is scummy.
In post 166, Creature wrote:Did you check your inbox?
No, I used magic to sense the prod happening.
I mean, did you notice the daystart PM?
Sigh
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 181, Loopdan wrote:
Your explanation can help me sort
you
. And there has to be value in that for town!Thor.
Not if I think you're scum.
In post 181, Loopdan wrote:You have a point here about scum hunting. I felt engaged in the game at the beginning, but it's frustrating that there really isn't anything to work off of at this point, other than everyone's reactions to your lurking.
There isn't anything to work on because people aren't advancing reads.
Thankfully I'm here now to advance the 'Loopdan is scum' read.
Glad you agree with it.
In post 181, Loopdan wrote:Creature actually asked me earlier about who I thought was scummier. I said my vote was on you, but gave no reason. It was because you weren't here. And I disagree that Creature must be scum for you to be scum.
Can you explain your scum case on me that doesn't require Creature to be scum?
In post 181, Loopdan wrote:I guess everybody thinks they should be easy to read as town. In my other game I was pushed pretty hard most of Day 1 (I was put at L-1 twice), but survived and made it the rest of the game as universally town-read by all but scum.
Okay...but so far your offered thoughts on this are that you have no idea how you'd look as scum, and also that, as scum, you'd look just like you do as town.
Which would make you hard to read, or unknown difficulty to read, right?
So why say that you would be easy?
In post 181, Loopdan wrote:But I don't really know where to go from here.
You only had one scum read at all?
If no - vote a different scum read.
If yes - RVS, because you still need to form reads.
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:45 am

Post by MissTerry »

In post 136, lucca261 wrote:I don't like how all Blank posts are all about Thor/Creature, also, I have some other reasons to vote him, also.

@hark: It's just that you vote do nothing while it's parked on Thor. You're not pressuring anyone, it's just there, waiting to see if Thor will show up. Nothing else about my post?

@loop: I actually checked your ISO before asking. The only time you referenced Hark after your unvote was #90. On #90, it was unclear to me.
In post 160, Harkonnen97 wrote:
In post 157, MissTerry wrote:
In post 64, Loopdan wrote:
In post 54, Harkonnen97 wrote:Loop and Creature, I don't really understand you ;-;
I'm easy to figure out. When I'm town, I get very involved and scum-hunt while somehow managing to look slightly scummy. When I'm scum... I don't know, because I've never been scum.
This is the post that bothers me, a direct claim of not mafia. I don't see the purpose of this kind of a post from town.
I don't see him saying "hey guise, i'm not mafia, townread me plz!!!!!!"
All I see is him sharing his own meta to us (which I respectfully throw out the window, because meta is stupid.)

Really don't understand why you and Penguin are scumreading #64.
Bah, I wrote a post before and it didn't post, ick.

By saying that he's never played scum he is saying that he is not scum and therefore is town, not a wise claim to make in my opinion if you want to stay alive and help the town.

Questions, what is ISO and how do you quote only part of a post?

@Thor
Welcome, now we can stop discussing your absence at last. Thank you for making that pun and not deleting it, you get cookie points.
Harkonnen97 wrote:Nvm, I think he's at L-3.

MissTerry, please respond to this:
In post 107, Harkonnen97 wrote:MissTerry, if your vote on me is no longer random, could you please give your reasoning behind it?
When I said my vote was not random it was because now I kept it on you as a placeholder. I am townreading you at the moment and kept the vote on you so I could keep watching loopdan, who is who I suspect.

After the beginning he stopped posting and is now mainly answering and asking questions. I mainly suspect him as scum because of his claim that he wasn't.
Blank is the second most scummy right now. Since most of his posts are about Thor being inactive I am waiting to see how he reacts now.
Creature is coming up as town to me at the moment. Its arguments seem reasonable and defends itself with sound arguments.

Sooo,
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Loopdan
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:49 am

Post by Creature »

Mod

Can you prod yourself?
Sigh
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:54 am

Post by MissTerry »

In 181 loopdan also makes a townie claim by saying, there has to be value in that for town. (Sorry that's not quoted, haven't figured it out yet)

@Loopdan
When you said that you felt engaged in the game in the beggining but now you are just coasting because there was nothing to go off of besides reacting to Thor lurking didn't you have suspicions against Creature and were accusing him then for him and Thor being scumbuddies. That seems like scumhunting to me.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:55 am

Post by Creature »

Weird but I am now town reading Thor.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:55 am

Post by Creature »

Would like Loop to answer the case on him.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:56 am

Post by Creature »

Draynth, Blank and Penguin are doing a good job going under the radar.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:56 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: BlankFace
Sigh
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Draynth »

I'll be posting a full readslist tomorrow when I get home from work, I've been extremely busy the last few days and my allergies are ripping me a new one at the minute. Apologies for the lack of content
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 184, MissTerry wrote:By saying that he's never played scum he is saying that he is not scum and therefore is town, not a wise claim to make in my opinion if you want to stay alive and help the town.
I fail to follow this - pretty much if you're not claiming town then you're claiming scum, which is an even worse claim whether or not you want to help town.
So what's the issue here? We're all claiming town, I'm pretty sure. If you're not, let me know ;)
In post 184, MissTerry wrote:Questions, what is ISO and how do you quote only part of a post?
Iso is an abbreviation for "isolation" it generally is used to reference the Iso function this forum has that allows you to look at just a single player's posts (or, sexily, any given number of players while cutting out the rest of the game)
You will find those controls at the bottom of the page underneath the quick reply box.
Congrats - I just ruined most other mafia sites for you #sorrynotsorry.

You quote only part of a post in a number of different ways. I would say the two main ones are;

1. After you quote a post, go in and manually edit out the non-relevant parts of the post (this is my usual method since I tend to open a bunch of tabs while reading and then go back afterwards to form one larger post with all relevant notes I wanted to quote).

2. If you highlight part of a post, and then click the 'quote' box, the system will only quote what you highlighted. This is useful for quick one off replies.

Loopdan is now at L-2 (or L-1 if I'm counting wrong).
People who aren't voting Loopdan - now is a pretty valid time to at least comment on the Loopdan wagon, as it's pretty big, has at least two cases attached to it, and is assuredly a relevant topic to weigh in on.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 27, Creature wrote:
In post 24, Harkonnen97 wrote:Also, I have this gut feeling that Creature is trying to distance from his scumbuddy Thor.
Then you never saw me playing scum.
What is your usual scum/scum interaction habit?
In post 106, Creature wrote:
In post 105, Draynth wrote:Wait, so the IC's that have been inactive in your games in the past were town, but you find Thor to be scummy for the same reason?
Yes, because I know he at least noticed and could post something in the thread. Also, I won't refrain lynching lurkers because I met town lurkers in the past.
Because...well...I didn't. I'm one o fthe most active posters on the entire site, and even a casual glance at my gaes would show this - so why do you think I would;
1. Be fully aware of the game.
2. Decide not to address it in any way at all.
3. Only do that as scum.

In post 148, Creature wrote:I wouldn't drop my suspicion on Thor's slot, he's posting elsewhere, why would he flake out like this?
Again - why would I do it as scum.
I mean, I can grasp that you're like "THor is posting elsewhere!" and that I'm not doing it at all here is kind of odd.
What about flake as scum?

I understand your read and your issue - but nothing seems to connect them.
Clarify?
@Creature - I do actually only ask questions just to hear my smooth Morgan Freeman like voice as I read my posts back to myself - but, as long as you're town reading me, why not respond to the questions I asked you?

I trimmed it down to help you find them.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Creature »

Didn't I already answer then?
Sigh
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Ah, so you did, the preview function betrayed me - I'll go read them.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 182, Creature wrote:
if I'm scum because my scumbuddy is distancing from me, why aren't you voting my scumbuddy? For me to be scum doesn't it require him to be scum? So, basically you're voting the less likely of the two of us to be scum...?
If someone calls you out for lurking and you do that intentionally, is there any way you can be town?
Sure - maybe I'm a lurker and scum are opting for an easy/lazy mislynch since I'll never be there to defend myself and everyone can agree lurking is scummy.
Not that I was actually lurking - I was just not posting.
In post 182, Creature wrote:His vote was RVS and he didn't seem to have intent to pressure Hark when he cast his vote. can't be considered pressure post.
So you don't think naked votes can cause pressure?
I do.
Why don't you?
How does that mean I noticed? I don't even go to the subforum pages.
Agreed - did you have any evidence that I do that?
Clarify?
Lurking is scummy.
Agreed - but to lurk you actually have to, y'know, be posting in the game and avoiding giving content.
Acting like the game doesn't exist seems to suggest...not being aware the game existed.
In post 182, Creature wrote:I mean, did you notice the daystart PM?
It wasn't listed as a new PM today, so I must have opened my inbox after getting it, but it was unopened today, so I must not have opened it.
Probably I say it was a Day start announcement and didn't open it, because I never really open those as I find them meaningless since I Bookmark all my games and that's how I access them.
It was an issue this time because the game wasn't already in my Bookmarks.
Even a casual look at my posting habits (which you kind of claim to have done, since you were tracking my activity) would show I tend to be a very active poster in games regardless of alignment, and have never been replaced out of a game, and barely have ever received a prod (in fact, I think this was my first one ever in a Newbie).

What that says to me is you actually didn't care to investigate enough to actually learn why I wasn't posting.
You were just attacking my slot over something that meant nothing as far as alignment goes.
Which would make you scum.

Thoughts?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 189, Creature wrote:Draynth, Blank and Penguin are doing a good job going under the radar.
I'lll give you Draynth and Blank...how do you figure me?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 181, Loopdan wrote:You have a point here about scum hunting. I felt engaged in the game at the beginning, but it's frustrating that there really isn't anything to work off of at this point, other than everyone's reactions to your lurking.
This seems like a copout to me. We're 25% through Day 1...it's still early in the game for you to have lost that engagement. I do think that everyone needs to let go of the "lurking" on Thor's part, though. I think he has reasonably explained it, and now we can move on to something else.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 196, Thor665 wrote:
Sure - maybe I'm a lurker and scum are opting for an easy/lazy mislynch since I'll never be there to defend myself and everyone can agree lurking is scummy.
Not that I was actually lurking - I was just not posting.
I mean "intentionally"
In post 182, Creature wrote:His vote was RVS and he didn't seem to have intent to pressure Hark when he cast his vote. can't be considered pressure post.
So you don't think naked votes can cause pressure?
I do.
Why don't you?
He pointed his vote was RVS when Hark questioned why he was voting him. Then he said it was actually pressure when I questioned post 52.
How does that mean I noticed? I don't even go to the subforum pages.
That's sad, but I usually go or end up going.
Agreed - did you have any evidence that I do that?
I feel you're more active in games you're town.
Clarify?
Lurking is scummy.
Agreed - but to lurk you actually have to, y'know, be posting in the game and avoiding giving content.
Acting like the game doesn't exist seems to suggest...not being aware the game existed.
Or stay idle until the prod comes.
In post 182, Creature wrote:I mean, did you notice the daystart PM?
It wasn't listed as a new PM today, so I must have opened my inbox after getting it, but it was unopened today, so I must not have opened it.
Probably I say it was a Day start announcement and didn't open it, because I never really open those as I find them meaningless since I Bookmark all my games and that's how I access them.
It was an issue this time because the game wasn't already in my Bookmarks.
Even a casual look at my posting habits (which you kind of claim to have done, since you were tracking my activity) would show I tend to be a very active poster in games regardless of alignment, and have never been replaced out of a game, and barely have ever received a prod (in fact, I think this was my first one ever in a Newbie).
So you don't check your inbox? How do you confirm your role?
What that says to me is you actually didn't care to investigate enough to actually learn why I wasn't posting.
You were just attacking my slot over something that meant nothing as far as alignment goes.
Which would make you scum.

Thoughts?
But I still don't understand how you didn't notice this game.
Sigh

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”