Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by Tam »

"When you say funny do you mean "haha" funny, "weird" funny or "suspicious" funny? Why
does my aggression in particular stand out as opposed to the aggression of other players in
the game?"
All of the above. Funny.

I'm not sure really, but I think it was the super fast reactions that were really short and just
one-minded. Not all of them are like that, but a few really seemed odd...forced or something.
"Tam - null. Need more here. Can't put my finger on it but there's something about her posts I don't really like. Like she says exactly the right things."
JarJar- Thanks, this made me giggle! I can't say I haven't been accused of worse things, but I am open to suggestions on how to make this better? I feel that now that I am here, I am being productive, but it is hard to combat 'saying exactly the right things'. Maybe the more I talk the more you'll see I have flaws? At any rate- it did make me giggle.

What happened to Town Mafioso? He was all over this chain and then radio silence?

I don't really follow this back and forth as well as I'd like to, but I do still feel like Iraon is being misunderstood/intentionally ignored. I have to agree that he seemed to have answered your question repeatedly, and you just kept claiming he didn't and asking him to answer again. Maybe change the question to get a different result?

I don't understand where Murdercat is coming up with this confirmed townie label so suddenly. Are you being facetious? Or serious?

You guys seem to be talking mostly while I am at work, or sleeping, so I will make sure that I am on a lot more on the weekends. I promise I am not lurking :mrgreen:
Tam
[url=http://maddox.xmission.com/tictacs.html]Bush or Tictacs?[/url]
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:59 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Votecount 1.10

iraonavp (4):
Accountant, JaeReed, MURDERCAT, Trivium
evilpacman18 (2):
JarJarDrinks, Xkfyu
Trivium (1):
evilpacman1
MURDERCAT (1):
iraonavp
Accountant (1):
Town Mafioso
JarJarDrinks (1):
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent (1):
Bacde

Not Voting (1):
Tam

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2016-07-18 18:00:00)
Last edited by Nahdia on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by Tam »

Oh and.. obviously Trivium is a good guy...I mean, you know, Tennant... :cool:
Tam
[url=http://maddox.xmission.com/tictacs.html]Bush or Tictacs?[/url]
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:21 am

Post by Xkfyu »

*Sighs*

Another 11 pages to catch up on. I was too busy at work yesterday to get on here, but I promise that reads list is coming.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:24 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I never said I was confirmed...
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:25 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 539, MURDERCAT wrote:I would like everyone who hasn't posted recently (
JarJarDrinks
evilpacman18
Town Mafioso
Xkfyu
I Am Innocent
Tam
) to give a firm stance on whether iraonvp looks townier or scummier due to this interaction.
interaction is NAI. I'm still leaning town.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:30 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

mod
, prods for TM and IAI?
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 288, JaeReed wrote:
In post 277, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 268, Accountant wrote:
In post 267, Xkfyu wrote:I'm heeeeeere.

Who we lynching?
iraonvp hopefully
Well, I'm only on Page 3 of my catchup but, so far, I am leaning town on iraonavp. So, I won't be supporting that wagon, as of right now.
Why are you leaning town on ira? What do you believe shows town motivation in his posting?
At that time, it was mostly because of .
In post 304, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 299, JaeReed wrote:
In post 290, Trivium wrote:"You're right, this is my scum play" Strikes me as scummy. That's a defense. "Welp lynch me" Is the same thing. Defensive scum play. Also the quote change thing seems like he's caring too much about what he's saying and how he's saying it.
Nah it's coming off as frustration, which is closer to NAI than anything. If I had to put a lean on it I'd go town. I've seen quite a few town say stuff like that. Usually only once or twice though. The repeating of it is a little weird, I guess.
Normally I'd agree w/ this. But his in particular seem contrived as if he pretending to be frustrated.

Look @ each of those post and tell me if he really has something to be frustrated about:

People aren't really even accussing him of being scum. He's just so quick to jump to "lynch me" when no one is saying to lynch him.
He's an alt, and honestly, I can think of a few different players that this kind of reaction could come from. All of which, I think would make them most likely town.

Well...except for maybe one.
In post 306, Tam wrote:Accountant seems to have just suddenly stepped in the game and literally gone for the nearest bare throat he saw, and has Iraon locked in his sights. The attack on him seems very direct and very forced somehow. As far as I can tell, the whole suspicion thing on Iraon was just him and trivium bumping heads slightly and he didn't seem to answer things quite right. I have gotten stuck in this trap myself so I agree that he probably just reads formal and maybe a tad awkward, but it could also be nervousness & defensiveness if he is bad. I don't really have a good read on him yet, but I do find it extremely weird that Accountant jumped on him like that and just won't let up. Accountant, can you shed some light on why you are so quick to jump on Iraon? You seem quite eager.
Honestly, even though it was just one game, this does sound exactly like the town Accountant I played against previously.

End of Page 13
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:37 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 555, JarJarDrinks wrote:
JarJarDrinks
evilpacman18
Town Mafioso
Xkfyu
I Am Innocent
Tam
) to give a firm stance on whether iraonvp looks townier or scummier due to this interaction.
NAI??? Are you serious? Explain?
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:48 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 558, Accountant wrote:
In post 555, JarJarDrinks wrote:
JarJarDrinks
evilpacman18
Town Mafioso
Xkfyu
I Am Innocent
Tam
NAI??? Are you serious? Explain?
I think his train of thought makes complete sense. He's saying he believes that you're giving me too much credit for what you're calling a "townslip".

And he's frustrated because people are jumping all over him for something he gave a clear answer for several times. I think any alignment would be frustrated there.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:22 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 388, evilpacman18 wrote:
vote: Trivium
After, what I thought to be, a pretty solid case against Trivium, laid out by MURDERCAT, I was just about to vote for Trivium.

However, this vote from pacman looks very opportunistic to me. Like he's just been sitting there waiting for someone to make a good case against someone so that he can vote them.

Though, the strength of his case does beg the question, why didn't MURDERCAT vote Trivium?
In post 391, evilpacman18 wrote:I'd prefer not to lynch until IAI, ira and xykfu say some more.
I thought you said you never vote until you're ready for the day to end?
In post 401, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 392, Trivium wrote:My wagon is pretty bullshit. Just going to put that out there. I mean, I have a bunch of people voting me because of a gutread of Murder, who's obviously distancing themselves from my lynch by being weirdly indecisive. That beginning bit that murdercat seems all 'pinged' about is really just me fucking around to get out of rvs as fast as possible because I don't get the point of it. I'm not going to defend myself any more either, so you can either fuck off or mislynch. I don't think murdercat is mafia, but evilpacman is obviously sheeping hard and I'm just disappointed with the confirmed town.
I'm not pushing for your lynch?
Why was that exactly?

--------------------

I just read the cotastrophy that was pages 17 and 18. I'm pretty sure that ira is town here. I don't think he was intentionally dodging questions. I think he is town who legitimately thought he had answered the questions. I've seen this a lot times, always from frustrated townies who are being ganged up on.
In post 465, Accountant wrote:
In post 463, Trivium wrote:I dunno maybe he wasn't quite dodging or anything like that... I think that was just an inability to answer the question because of miscommunication.
You sound a lot like you're scum unsure whether to bus or save your partner right now dude
I disagree, but only with half half of your statement.

I think he sounds like scum being unsure of whether or not he wants to look like opportunistic scum by pushing for a town ira's mislynch.

--------------------

Oh...it just keeps going...

--------------------
In post 473, iraonavp wrote:
In post 469, Accountant wrote:
No, I answered every question I can. It's just that MURDERCAT pretends like I didn't answer the question and asks it again, to create the illusion that I am being evasive.
Except jae also thinks the same. Is jae also mafia contributing to the illusion? Holy shit your arguments are downright absurd
You do realize JaeReed is innocent child...

You and MURDERCAT are scum-aligned trying to make me look bad. JaeReed is just mislead.
If you are town, then JaeReed is obviously mislead.

Knowing that, don't you think it could be the case that at least one of (if not both) Accountant and MC are also just mislead townies?

End of Page 19
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:46 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I am obviously holding off on judgement of Triv for now.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:46 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 475, Trivium wrote:
In post 470, iraonavp wrote:
In post 464, Accountant wrote:Don't engage with iraon, he knows he's caught and is jamming up the thread with pages of evasive bs and accusing everyone who jumps on him.
No, that's just what you're saying so nobody changes their mind and you lose your position. If I was really scum-aligned then you wouldn't need to tell other people to ignore me, it's just you're afraid that what I'm saying will get through to enough people and you will lose your mislynch.
Yeah OK this is a load of bull. Also I'm confused about what's going on and I want to get rid of the confusion so.
VOTE: iraonvp
Give a solid response to the question murdercat asked you. You have like 4 people all saying the same thing, and one of them is the IC.
Ok yeah, I'm ready to do this now.

UNVOTE: evilpacman18

VOTE: Trivium

The bold makes me think he's just using JaeReed's IC status as a scapegoat. Like he's saying, "The IC is even suspicious of him, so you guys totally can't blame me when ira flips town."
In post 499, Trivium wrote:
In post 496, iraonavp wrote:
In post 488, Accountant wrote:

How would you expect scum to react to the back and forth with Ira if Ira was indeed town? Because if I had to point a finger at anything to describe it it'd be what Trivium posted around that time.
"Hey guys, I'll be busy for the next day so I won't be around to post much. [insert previously established strong read] is still town/scum." then sit back and watch ira dig his own grave
See, look! MURDERCAT probably told Accountant in the mafia chat that if I was accused that I would dig my own grave, how would Accountant know that I usually get mislynched otherwise?
This is paranoia, but it's reaching paranoia. Scummy paranoia. Aware that the mafia have daychat paranoia.
Huh?

Were you not aware that mafia have daychat?
In post 516, iraonavp wrote:
In post 500, MURDERCAT wrote:Here's the thing Iraon, your posts don't make sense. The questions I asked were actually all legitimate attempts to understand you position. When you just say things like "look at this it's ridiculous" that's not enough for me to know if you are town or scum. Understanding
why
you think it is ridiculous is what I need from you. I see you think it's wifom, but do you really think that scum is going to act scummy to wifom? Isn't scum's goal to try to look townie?
My posts make perfect sense and I explained it so many times...

You absolutely could not have failed to understand my simple position and had to request me to repeat myself so many times because you actually didn't understand. It was all for show.
Ok, I'm going to explain this to you because I actually think you do believe what you say. However, I assure you, that don't make nearly as much sense as you think they do.

Your posts make perfect sense to you, but that's only because you wrote them and you already know exactly what you were trying to say. Everyone else doesn't have that kind of insight.

You would be much better off to really take your time say exactly what it is you are trying to say. Even if it becomes over-simplified, the key word here is "explicit."
In post 518, JaeReed wrote:
In post 1, Nahdia wrote:By default, scum possess both day and night chat.
Was already confirmed... We just forgot.

...Someone would have saved iraon from himself by now if he had a partner, surely? :facepalm:
Surely.
In post 521, Trivium wrote:
In post 519, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 515, Trivium wrote:
In post 510, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 504, Trivium wrote:
In post 494, Trivium wrote:
In post 492, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 487, JarJarDrinks wrote:Man I have too many. Even MC is looking better to me lately.
Lol I'm obv town and you know it
NO. NOT THIS. ANYTHING BUT THIS.
I need to elaborate on this because I really want to drive the message home- Don't say you're obvious town. Last game I played we had a mafia member constantly assert they were obvious town until everybody just believed them, and I don't want the fact that the IC thinks you're town to create a scum win for you. I townread you, but don't do this.
I am saying that because I
am
obvious town. And I will continue to say it, if I wish to poke fun at people who know it's true but are pretending I am not as townie as I actually am.
This needs to stop right the fuck now. I am not having this happen again. Explain why you're townie. I can't believe I'm agreeing with the grasping for straws iraonscum.
Lol. You can read me however you want for whatever reasons you want, but there's a reason everyone is town reading me.
NAH. Explain that reason please. And not everyone is townreading you. VOTE: MURDERCAT
What the hell is this vote?

You leave ira's wagon to vote the same person as ira?
In post 524, MURDERCAT wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 521, Trivium wrote:
In post 519, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 515, Trivium wrote:
In post 510, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 487, JarJarDrinks wrote:Man I have too many. Even MC is looking better to me lately.
I need to elaborate on this because I really want to drive the message home- Don't say you're obvious town. Last game I played we had a mafia member constantly assert they were obvious town until everybody just believed them, and I don't want the fact that the IC thinks you're town to create a scum win for you. I townread you, but don't do this.
I am saying that because I
am
obvious town. And I will continue to say it, if I wish to poke fun at people who know it's true but are pretending I am not as townie as I actually am.
This needs to stop right the fuck now. I am not having this happen again. Explain why you're townie. I can't believe I'm agreeing with the grasping for straws iraonscum.
Lol. You can read me however you want for whatever reasons you want, but there's a reason everyone is town reading me.
NAH. Explain that reason please. And not everyone is townreading you. VOTE: MURDERCAT

This vote literally could not intimidate me less.
Why do you think he's trying to intimidate you with this vote?

End of Page 21
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:51 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Because it's clear he was trying to get me to answer his stupid question.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:02 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 526, iraonavp wrote:
Exactly, it's usually scum-aligned. I saw a player do this in a game I played before as well: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p7675815.
In my experience, it more often comes from town aligned players who incorrectly believe that everyone SHOULD be town reading them based off their play (because they are clearly biased), than scum.

But, maybe I've just played too many games with town Nahdia.

PS: Hi Nahdia

In post 534, Trivium wrote:VOTE: Iraonvp Thank you.
Well, that was easy. By the way, I'm also doing the same things MC said he was doing.

Can I get one of those town reads too?
JarJarDrinks
evilpacman18
Town Mafioso
Xkfyu
I Am Innocent
Tam
I've pretty much already answered this, but I'll explicitly answer the question.

I definitely think he's town after all of this.
In post 541, JaeReed wrote:In post 536, Bacde wrote:
In post 489, JarJarDrinks wrote:
like an IAI/Town Mafioso scumteam seems pretty probable to me right now

+1

I could go IAI just because I haven't seen anything lately. Flying under the radar while town self destructs has got to be hilarious to mafia.
I'd be down for this as well, if the Trivium lynch doesn't happen.

------------------

And I'm caught up. Time to get to work on that reads list.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:26 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 556, JarJarDrinks wrote:
mod
, prods for TM and IAI?
As previously noted, all prod timers were reset upon the site coming back up after unexpected downtime. Both Town Mafioso and I Am Innocent have roughly 4 hours before they will be prodded.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:37 am

Post by Accountant »

Going to be unimpressed with y'all if we don't lynch scumlord ira today

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:06 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 538, Trivium wrote:
In post 536, Bacde wrote:
In post 489, JarJarDrinks wrote:like an IAI/Town Mafioso scumteam seems pretty probable to me right now
+1
I can agree with that.
In post 548, Trivium wrote:
In post 546, Bacde wrote:
vote: IAI

I am implying iraon is town and MURDERCAT'S pushing is silly
Why? Also again why scumread IaI?
:?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Accountant »

If we start from the assumption that ira is town then pushing IaI is by far the best move, but I don't agree with that assumption.

Bacde: remind me your read on triv is what?

JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:37 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Yeah that does look shitty bacde.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:00 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

Wow wtf happened here
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:03 am

Post by Accountant »

ira claimed scum.

Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:25 am

Post by Xkfyu »

Better late than never, right? Here are my current reads:

Town

Accountant
- I think Accountant is one of those players that I tend to genuinely disagree with a lot. I've played in one game with him (he was town), and I'm getting the exact same feeling about him now.
Bacde
- His "Let's lynch Xkfyu as a joke" stuff makes him look inconcerned about how people view him. Post feels super townie to me. Plus, he shares my Trivium scum read.
iraonavp
- RVS or not, I still really like and . Also, as I said in , I'm pretty sure ira is town.
JarJarDrinks
- Even though I'm less convinced about pacman now, not only did I agree with JJD's points about him in , , and , it also showed that JJD was actively thinking and doing a lot of reading. Which is exactly what I would expect from a town JJD.
MURDERCAT
- I think Accountant's play style would generally make him an easy target for a mislynch. So, I like the way MC pointed out, in that what Tam was talking about with Accountant is NAI, instead of agreeing with her and possibly pushing on Accountant. That's a pretty minor thing, but I do really like the effort that he's put in, and his pressure on ira was good, if a little long.
Town Mafioso
- Posts and , the way he openly talks about a town block, and admitting that his vote on JJD was a chainsaw vote, makes me think he's probably town. What I said in the beginning of still stands, as well.

Null

evilpacman18
- I skimmed over this post in my first read through because of how cluttered it is, but looking back, it comes accross as totally genuine to me. Which makes me wonder if he shouldn't be in the town pile. I just can't ignore the points on him that JJD mentioned.
I Am Innocent
- I know I have the least right out of pretty much everyone here to complain about someone's activity levels, but at least my posts have had some kind of content. I'd be fine with lynching him as a compromise towards the end of the day, assuming he doesn't pick it up/get replaced.

Scum

Tam
- So, her second post, post . Remember what I said about Accountant's play style making him an easy target? I also agree with whoever it was that said everything she says is too perfect.
Trivium
- I've talked quite a bit recently on why I think Triv is scum. I'd also like to point out that, reading his ISO, I did find another instance, post , where he causually mentions that the IC agrees with him.

-----------------------------

So, it seems that I have a lot of town reads, which may suggest that at least one of them is wrong. If I had to chooose someone from my town pile that I was wrong about, I think I'd have to choose either JJD or Bacde. Not because I think either of them has been scummy in any way, but because I think they would probably have the best chance at fooling me.
Trivium
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:50 am

Post by Trivium »

I want Iraon dead because I think he's scummy. So of course I'm going to say how the IC agrees with me about that because I want Iraon dead. Anyways, I'm probably going to need a replacement because I'll be gone for two weeks starting sunday.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:53 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 573, Trivium wrote:I want Iraon dead because I think he's scummy. So of course I'm going to say how the IC agrees with me about that because I want Iraon dead. Anyways, I'm probably going to need a replacement because I'll be gone for two weeks starting sunday.
Any response to bacdes last post?

Why call him out about scumreading someone ur also scumreading?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”