New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3625 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:16 am

Post by projectmatt »

Sort of a prod dodge. I'm very content with the Nosferatu wagon and I'm going to repost my case on him in case anybody wants to know some of why I find him so scummy:
In post 3308, projectmatt wrote:My top scum-read is actually
Nosferatu
. Here's the short version:

The first thing I noticed about Nosferatu when I read through his ISO is his tendency to go very heavily with the popular/easy to push on votes. In post #154, he votes for Copper with the specific reasoning that he believes that Titus's case is strong.

His very next "content" post is post #441. In this post, he lightly attacks Copper and then proceeds to vote for SethYazura. At that point in the game, guess who the only other vote on Seth was?

Copper.

Meaning that in his first 2 posts, Nosferatu attacked Copper strongly, voted him, and then proceeded to vote for the person that his top scum-read was voting. That's weird, and it comes off super awkwardly.

It was no secret that I thought Copper was pretty town throughout most of this game (save for a few moments of doubt), and I'm inclined to believe that Copper was being used as an easy target for scum to attack and quote as a "possible lynch", even though Copper didn't have any particularly strong scum-tells. Nosferatu's vote leads me to believe that he was doing the same, because his reasoning was "yeah, Titus is right", when Titus's reasoning was just straight up lame.

Oh, by the way - Nosferatu never voted Copper again during the course of this game, but only lightly attacked him or said that he was a possible choice for a lynch. This contributes to my theory that Copper was an easy target to attack without having to commit to logically stating -why-.

The rest of Nosferatu's posting is very tonally awkward/non-committal/going with the flow kind of play, but there's some very choice things about his vote on Anen that makes me suspect he is scum as well.

For one, Nosferatu has done the same thing with Anen that he did with Copper - he has lightly posted scumreads on Anen while
never
voting for him. This is bothersome because it looks like lightly bussing scum that was afraid to commit to the Anen wagon. If Anen really was one of his top scumreads, why didn't he join me or Nahdia on the vote? Why didn't he post anything substantial about Anen at all?

And look, I could excuse some of this stuff, if it wasn't for this post:
In post 2828, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 2818, projectmatt wrote:That seems like an exaggeration - I just ISO'd Nosferatu and he's attacked Anen several times but refused to vote for him. That's part of why I scumread Nosferatu - because it feels like he's trying to set himself up for future credit if Anen flips scum, while still refusing to vote for Anen.

Regardless though, I'll try to compile what I specifically dislike about Anen.
you're absolutely fucking right I'm taking credit post-game when anen flips scum, cause I scumread that shit and the rest of the town didn't. I'm an egotistical bastard and that's what I do.

I'm not refusing to vote for anen, but I won't be today, because anen can be vigged or can be hit by cross kills. Kop is a much more realistic risk. When you've got two people who commit a crime, do you indict the construction worker who killed a man or the med-tech executive who committed fraud? The med-tech executive, since he's a flight risk! A commuter is objectively higher in priority in lynches because you can't vig him, unless you try over and over again, and at that point you're wasting vig targets.
Look, this is
bullshit.
You aren't going to get any towncred for correctly suspecting Anen, when you did absolutely nothing to help the cause of lynching Anen. You posting this only further confirms my suspicions that your motivation for suspecting Anen was so that you could get "towncred" when he flipped.

I think this post frustrates me the most because it's somebody trying to take credit for "reading Anen correctly", when doing that is completely empty if you don't take any kind of action.

So yeah, to put it shortly, Nosferatu is all talk and no action. I think he's scum.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3626 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:21 am

Post by projectmatt »

I believe Titus's claim, and I'm not particularly surprised by it. Every time I see Liger post more, I get a little bit more suspicious of him as well.
In post 3423, Egg wrote:P
I don't like projectmatt and Nos thinking my buying a house, moving, and working 16 hour days is scummy. That's effectively what you are saying when you scumread me for being behind. Just FYI.
Lol, talk about a misrep. The reason that I find you scummy has nothing to do with you being busy. I'm really busy too!

Obviously, you have time to invest into this game in spite of your busy schedule. My problem is that you've been spending that time making long wall-posts about stuff that happened beforehand, and never allowing yourself to catch up. You don't need to share your thoughts on every single page. That's why it looks to me like you're coasting.

I like your recent output too, but this is annoying.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3627 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Nahdia »

hi matt [:
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3628 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:23 am

Post by Titus »

Hmmph, pm thoughts on egg?

Nos case noted. I am looking at social dynamics
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3629 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:28 am

Post by Nahdia »

i think egg is town.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3630 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:28 am

Post by Nahdia »

not that u were asking me.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3631 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:30 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 3626, projectmatt wrote:I believe Titus's claim, and I'm not particularly surprised by it. Every time I see Liger post more, I get a little bit more suspicious of him as well.
In post 3423, Egg wrote:P
I don't like projectmatt and Nos thinking my buying a house, moving, and working 16 hour days is scummy. That's effectively what you are saying when you scumread me for being behind. Just FYI.
Lol, talk about a misrep. The reason that I find you scummy has nothing to do with you being busy. I'm really busy too!

Obviously, you have time to invest into this game in spite of your busy schedule. My problem is that you've been spending that time making long wall-posts about stuff that happened beforehand, and never allowing yourself to catch up. You don't need to share your thoughts on every single page. That's why it looks to me like you're coasting.

I like your recent output too, but this is annoying.
I on the other hand wholeheartedly believe that it is completely scummy to buy a house. Willing to bet that money is hidden in the walls, there are illegal guns in the floorboards and other such contraband hidden in seemingly innocuous places. All items bound to be used to advance your mafia agenda.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3632 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 3629, Nahdia wrote:i think egg is town.
can I get a why on that?
last.fm
gtkas
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3633 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:41 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Titus
my question still stands, why do you think it was a town RB and not a sucm RB or a scum JK? You being blocked is NAI as hell, but youdon't seem to see it that way.
#freeShotty
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #3634 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:47 am

Post by Ircher »

Shotty, read the thread.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #3635 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:20 am

Post by Ircher »

Gonna try to take a closer look at Nos...

Spoiler: NY 195 - Day 3 - Nos ISO
1. -
I have a bit of a problem with the way this is worded; Nos is questioning another player's read but at the same time, he's implying he knows more. He seems to know that Anen is scum and then trying to use that knowledge to try to frame those who don't think that Anen is scum in a bad light. -
Scum (-3)

2. - Stays off the Pers wagon because..... it will go through anyway? -
That's scum distancing themselves from a town lynch. Like seriously?! And the reason wasn't ("I'm not on the wagon cuz I'm not sure if I think it's scum" or "I'm not on the wagon to ensure that no one quickhammers"; it's "I'm not on the wagon cuz it will go through without me. (And I know it's town & I don't want to get caught by VCA later.)" -
Scum (-3)

3. - "Welcome to the scumlist" -
There was no follow-up to this. Testing the waters is what Nos is doing. -
Scum (-3)

Another thing to mention:
In post 569, Aneninen wrote:
In post 493, copper223 wrote:
In post 491, Persivul wrote:On an unrelated note, I was concerned with the way ETL and Titus fell into an easy early alliance. Good to see that breaking up.
What if they are both town, wouldn't that be bad?
If
I too found that post from Persivul disturbing.
But...
In post 495, Persivul wrote: No. You don't need a buddy to scum hunt. You can vote the same as another player while still being cautious of them.
That's okay for now. Recently I learnt a lot about town-Persivul and this matches the mindset I know.
In post 498, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Only scum would do this. This is so fake and lazy.
Your vote is just as lazy.
In post 502, zakk wrote:You're shutting up because you want some other player not to copy you? What are you, FOUR?
This looks like an excuse to lurk tbh
Whut?
Calling Titus a lurker?
Spoiler:
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

In post 509, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 233, Titus wrote:I am just going to be on the biggest of TBG Copper and Shotty. I like all three wagons. Normally that doesn't happen.
I dislike this a lot. Reads as Scum who wants to avoid spearheading one particular lynch to me. The townie version of this post is like "I'll support XXX, YYY, and ZZZ wagons. I think YYY wagon is the best right now though".
Are you hoping that a Titus-wagon will suddenly gain momentum?
In post 510, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I think she was showing a bit of anxiety at whatever he was saying because she may feel it links back to her and she sees him heading for a lynch. If they don't have daytalk, she can't coach him in the PT, she has to find a way to make him shut up in-game. She's not conspicuously "sticking her neck out" to save him, but based on her voting patterns thus far and her arguments against those voting for him, it definitely leads me to think she wants to prevent his lynch.

Also... Titus tends to protect her buddies as long as she can without giving herself away, not bus them. I've seen it time and time again, it's an innate urge for her, as much as she tries to subvert it, I still see glimpses of it, especially early in the game when no one is particularly looking.
IF there's no DayTalk.
Mod
, is there DayTalk for scum team(s)?
Nos also asked, and Anen flipped scum.

I am suspicious that both asked the mod about daytalk in-thread to feign a towntell.

So, after actually looking closer at Nos's posts, I can support the Nos wagon.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #3636 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:22 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 3621, Shaziro wrote:Tell you what. I'll explain, in full, my ~reasons~ next day phase. But we've got to get there. How sure are we that Nos is scum? I'm honestly not seeing it so much anymore.
I see it, both in Anen-Nos interactions and Nos's general ISO.

The association case is stronger since a lot of Nos's posts are short and fluffy and sometimes irrelevent or archaic.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3637 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:29 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3627, Nahdia wrote:hi matt [:
hi nahdia =) how is it going??
In post 3628, Titus wrote:Hmmph, pm thoughts on egg?
As I think I mentioned before, I think most of his posting in the past day or so has been terrible and his perpetual catching up seemed like a way to coast on the game. His recent posts have been okay, and now that he's "caught up", I'm waiting to see where his reads/ideas fall. In other words, he's still a scumread but that read can develop based on how he actually plays the game now that he's caught up.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3638 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Lowell »

I say deal with shaz tomorrow, if it comes to that.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3639 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:40 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

In post 3634, Ircher wrote:Shotty, read the thread.
Stop it with your chainsaw defense! Also my question wasn't answered. I asked Titus something about Titus and Titus said something about someone who was not Titus. Then I ask again and Ircher tells me to look at Titus's thing about not Titus in regards to my question about Titus.

I'm still feeling really good about an Ircher/Titus scum team.
#freeShotty
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3640 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:41 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 3639, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
Stop it with your chainsaw defense! Also my question wasn't answered. I asked Titus something about Titus and Titus said something about someone who was not Titus. Then I ask again and Ircher tells me to look at Titus's thing about not Titus in regards to my question about Titus.

this is dumb.

VOTE: shotty

-Zaphkael, 2020
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3641 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:41 am

Post by Shaziro »

I like Egg's caught-up posts, and I believe I'm on the record as saying that I wasn't a fan of the eternal catch-up routine. I've explained what I think of his recent posts when MoI tried to discredit my read on him by suggesting that it was only because he was townreading me. As for the case on Nos, the most convincing thing I've seen is projectmatt's reposting of his previously stated case, but even that just has me unsure. I'm more convinced of Ircher at this point, but I don't think that is happening. Nos, if your lynch is a mislynch, who do you think is pushing it/being opportunistic about it? (I realize this is assuming he is town, I'm giving a hypothetical.)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3642 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:42 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3633, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
Titus
my question still stands, why do you think it was a town RB and not a sucm RB or a scum JK? You being blocked is NAI as hell, but youdon't seem to see it that way.
Maybe because the whole recanting I think it's scum now.

I townread Shaz due to the stupidity.

Do you seriously have an inability to do anything other than throw a tantrum?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3643 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:42 am

Post by Nahdia »

i dont know why shaz liked egg's catchup posts but i'll jsut say that i agree with shaz on them bc i'm too lazy to come up with a reason i like them.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3644 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:43 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3640, Nahdia wrote:
In post 3639, drmyshottyizsik wrote:

this is dumb.

VOTE: Shorty
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3645 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:44 am

Post by Nahdia »

attention mortals. the official Nahdia Approved Lynchpool has been reduced.

shotty
Ircher
Nosferatu

-Zaphkael, 2020
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3646 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Titus »

Can you add egg and Cy and Magna for awhile?

I really want Shotty dead but the info gained...
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #3647 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 3645, Nahdia wrote:attention mortals. the official Nahdia Approved Lynchpool has been reduced.

shotty
Ircher
Nosferatu
Do me a favor and take me off the list. Then I'd agree with you.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3648 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:47 am

Post by Nahdia »

Titus wrote:Can you add egg and Cy and Magna for awhile?

I really want Shotty dead but the info gained...
you dare question my infinite wisdom??

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3649 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:55 am

Post by Nosferatu »