New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:43 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 221, drmyshottyizsik wrote:I was hooked on heroin and dropped off the site after 26 posts.
:cry: hitting my goddamn heart strings dude. don't do that.
Art is cool.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:44 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

In post 222, Titus wrote:
In post 220, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 216, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 214, drmyshottyizsik wrote:keep in mind those games were probably from 3-5 years ago.
only one of them is, but i work with what i got. doesn't make it any less valid, especially if it's something you aren't aware of.
You have a sample size of 1 town game and 2 scum games, plus an out dated game. Read as far into as you want, but if you go down this rabbit hole I want be here to pull you out of it.
Sample size is null. If you're looking for a genuine tell, older games are better. Like for anyone getting to know me as scum, I direct to games like Gundam Seed and Mini UDesign. If you see how a player structures an argument, it is not likely to change much.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go
you did something in this game you haven't done in our current game so you must be scum.
#freeShotty
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:46 am

^ it's not "you did something", it's this is how you presented information in these scum games, and here's the difference in these town games. it's consistent, and that works for me.
Art is cool.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:47 am

In post 227, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:^ it's not "you did something", it's this is how you presented information in these scum games, and here's the difference in these town games. it's consistent, and that works for me.
Well if you won't say what it is I can't deffend it so, go, run with it.
#freeShotty
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:49 am

i dont need you to defend, and even if i explained, it's not something you'd be able to defend because of its consistency. i'm just being selfish and wanting to keep it on hand for future games with you. in any case, i dont really have the energy or willingness to put a ton of effort into convincing people, plus i'd rather they see it for themselves instead of just take my word for it. my vote is where i want it. if people join me, great, if not, well.. whatever. i'll either get you eventually or figure you out bettr as we go along.
Art is cool.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:53 am

Post by Titus »

@Shotty, What is your read on ETL? On TBG?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:55 am

I don't have enough from TBG yet, and everything I have on ETL is tainted so I'm waiting to give reads on them.
#freeShotty
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:59 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

MOD – I’ll be V/LA starting at 4pm EDT today until Monday morning for my usual family weekend duties.

@zakk
– Answer my question from in your next post or I’m voting you and channeling Kuribo to get your lynch pushed through today.

I find the Ircher wagon baffling. Statistical fluff talk in RVS isn’t alignment indicative at all. Scummiest jumps onto the wagon are Kill and Brawl in my mind.

Matt can be Town for .

@Titus
– Please explain what you are trying to say relationally in to . I’ve read that sequence three times now and I can’t understand what point you are trying to make.
In post 205, Titus wrote:@Ircher, What you saw isn't a legit 3p claim. I saw it too but Seth likes baiting and drama.
Links if they can be provided please.
In post 132, TehBrawlGuy wrote:+1, I like this post.
What specifically do you like about it?

VOTE: Brawl

I’d also be content with a killthestory wagon. The out-sided reaction to Egg asking him his alignment while completely ignoring Lowell who did the exact same thing to 4 players is telling. He doesn’t think that someone asking players if they are. Top off the “You are so dumb” posts lobbed at Egg for a helping of scummy.
In post 169, copper223 wrote:I voted Nosferatu cause correcting Ircher on statistics is something that a townie looking for scum is less likely to do.
Well given that half the wagon on Ircher was driven by calling him scum for badly mangling statistics I can’t see this as valid at all. Why not anyone else. Brawl, who you are floating as Town, is just as guilty as Nos in my mind.
In post 181, copper223 wrote:@Seth
Alternatively you can tell me which one, if any, of {Robert, I am Innocent, Magma} is also scum.
Any reason you didn’t wait until everyone in that group had actually posted?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:07 am

Post by Titus »

I am just going to be on the biggest of TBG Copper and Shotty. I like all three wagons. Normally that doesn't happen.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:08 am

In post 210, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:My read on shotty is actually based on a tell I believe I found while doing pre-game research. I found a town game and a scum game and I read ISOs of both looking for differences in tone/attitude/tendencies. If anyone is interested, I suggest you do the same and come to your own conclusions, as I would rather not taint impressions if you can figure it out yourself, plus #effort.
shotty's most recent completed scum game that i looked at
Another scum game i checked out to test my theory on the tell. it applied.
shotty's most recent completed town game.
another town game i used to test the tell; it applied. however, this game is kind of old and i wasn't able to find a more recent town game, but i believe it is a valid tell for him.

Persivul is my first town read so far, only because I feel like he'd just be a dick to me if he wasn't.
On an initial basis I have to say I disagree with your meta read on Shotty. I have two specific markers I read for in him and he’s really not showing either to this point. And it is very early.

What do you think of Pers as a player vis-a-vie skill level?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:09 am

In post 233, Titus wrote:I am just going to be on the biggest of TBG Copper and Shotty. I like all three wagons. Normally that doesn't happen.
I don't really think I have a wagon yet. Maybe a RadioFlyer Wagon
#freeShotty
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:29 am

In post 234, MagnaofIllusion wrote:On an initial basis I have to say I disagree with your meta read on Shotty. I have two specific markers I read for in him and he’s really not showing either to this point. And it is very early.
noted.
What do you think of Pers as a player vis-a-vie skill level?
like, would i trust his reads/observations if i felt he was town enough? probably not, but that's more a comment on my own misplaced arrogance than on his actual skill level. to be real with you, i dont know. i haven't really played in a while and i dont recognize a lot of the names on this list. the last time i played with persivul, he was scum, i caught him, he pissed me off and then i just modded games for a long while (not related to him pissing me off - i got busy with school). i think he was pretty new then? he seems different now, more mellowed out, more seasoned, and i'm sure he's learned things along the way as he's probably played more while i've been gone.

i've just rambled a bunch of irrelevant nonsense. but ihope it answers your question.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:32 am

i'm a really gut-based player. i like concrete evidence a lot, but i always begin with gut and figure out why later.
Art is cool.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:38 am

In post 237, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:i'm a really gut-based player. i like concrete evidence a lot, but i always begin with gut and figure out why later.
Sp psuedo science instead of science.
#freeShotty
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:39 am

In post 238, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 237, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:i'm a really gut-based player. i like concrete evidence a lot, but i always begin with gut and figure out why later.
Sp psuedo science instead of science.
attempt to discredit valid method.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:41 am

a lot of players begin with gut and investigate why they feel the way the feel to lead them to evidence. it works for me, it's how i operate. if you really want to attack my method of scum hunting, go ahead, but it doesn't invalidate it nor will it change how i do things, nor does it actually indicate my alignment in any way whatsoever. so...
Art is cool.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:48 am

In post 240, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:a lot of players begin with gut and investigate why they feel the way the feel to lead them to evidence. it works for me, it's how i operate. if you really want to attack my method of scum hunting, go ahead, but it doesn't invalidate it nor will it change how i do things, nor does it actually indicate my alignment in any way whatsoever. so...
This is aweful. Looking for evidence to prove your gut is bad. That is how you tunnel people. It is much more effective to try and prove someone isn't town vs trying prove someone is scum.
#freeShotty
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:52 am

In post 241, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Looking for evidence to prove your gut is bad.
You are either misunderstanding or purposely misrepresenting what I said. I didn't say "prove my gut". I said find out why. That means investigating whether it is valid or
not

tbh i dont really care what you think of how i play. it doesn't make a lick of difference here, so i'm just trying to figure out what exactly is the purpose of your criticisms. because it just looks to me like you're going out of your way to discredit my methods in an attempt to prevent people from working with me.

and honestly, that's scummy as fuck.
Art is cool.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:54 am

In post 242, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 241, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Looking for evidence to prove your gut is bad.
You are either misunderstanding or purposely misrepresenting what I said. I didn't say "prove my gut". I said find out why. That means investigating whether it is valid or
not

tbh i dont really care what you think of how i play. it doesn't make a lick of difference here, so i'm just trying to figure out what exactly is the purpose of your criticisms. because it just looks to me like you're going out of your way to discredit my methods in an attempt to prevent people from working with me.

and honestly, that's scummy as fuck.

See this is the problem. Any thing I say you will read as scummy. This is what is wrong with your method. Yes you are right, it would work if you are completely objective, but you aren't. You, like all people want to be right, so your opinions will follow.
#freeShotty
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:56 am

criticizing the way someone prefers to play isn't scum hunting. it doesn't further the game at all. it doesn't help you understand me or what i'm doing, because you're not actually attempting to understand me at all, you're just saying "that's bad and you're bad". there's a big difference between what you're doing and what someone would do if they actually were interested in why a person was doing what they are doing.

you're not worried about figuring me out. you're only worrying about making me look bad. and that's fine, but it isn't scum hunting. it's discrediting, with a purpose, and it's not town motivated in any way shape or form.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:56 am

you act like i dont know what confbias is.. really?
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 4:58 am

why don't you explain your motives here, shotty.

explain it to me.
Art is cool.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:01 am

In post 246, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:why don't you explain your motives here, shotty.

explain it to me.
Nah I think I'll be selfish and keep my reasons to myself.
#freeShotty
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:02 am

In post 236, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:like, would i trust his reads/observations if i felt he was town enough? probably not, but that's more a comment on my own misplaced arrogance than on his actual skill level. to be real with you, i dont know. i haven't really played in a while and i dont recognize a lot of the names on this list. the last time i played with persivul, he was scum, i caught him, he pissed me off and then i just modded games for a long while (not related to him pissing me off - i got busy with school). i think he was pretty new then? he seems different now, more mellowed out, more seasoned, and i'm sure he's learned things along the way as he's probably played more while i've been gone.

i've just rambled a bunch of irrelevant nonsense. but ihope it answers your question.
Well seeing this I think your flippant “Pers is scum because he would piss me off” Town read is nonsense then. You acknowledge that he seems more seasoned as a player. Which would include both his Scum and Town games. Yet you are happy giving him a snap Town read based on him not pissing you off. Which is based on the old Pers not the new. There’s a pretty wide disconnect there.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:05 am

In post 248, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Well seeing this I think your flippant “Pers
isn't
scum because he would piss me off” Town read is nonsense then
EBWOP

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”