Designer Mafia 2007 - Game Over, Final Scene Posted!

Did you enjoy the final scene?

Yes, I love it!
67%
No, this is boring...
22%
Comical stupidity option
11%

Total votes: 9

stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:57 am

Post by stark »

Hey comrades, my bad for missing 5 pages. Things have been a bit funky. I'm doing a reread now, and shall post as soon as I'm done.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:13 am

Post by stark »

Nocmen: Is there something that activates your PR, or are you just doing it for fun?
1 meep for activation
2 meep for fun

Thyroidman: You have any plans to enlighten the town as to why we should buy your tickets? Without detail, I'm hesitant to go out on a limb for something that could very well be some kind of cult recruitment device. Your word that the town will "profit" means nothing. More importantly, will you profit from us buying your little tickets?

UltimaAvalon (post 75): Thank you. Everyone should have an avatar. It makes reading for the people much easier :P

Vote: Tyroidman
: With the combination of the RenFairCrypticness, and unnecessariy hostility, in my mind, he is by far the most scummy player yet.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:58 pm

Post by stark »

Thyroidectomy wrote:
Sarc:
No, I'd rather not say. Of course the fair benefits me, seeing as I'm town. What uneccessary hostility do you get from me? If I was a cult recruiter, why wouldn't I wait until end game or a later time? Why would MoS include this role in the game? Do you honestly think that role could be balanced?

Thyroidectomy wrote:
foolinc wrote:
Thyroidectomy wrote:Post 45 is a bad post.
Please expand on this statement.
Why
is it a bad post.
No, I don't think I will, thanks. Next time wait for the player to react before you begin asking for explanations.
Thyroidectomy wrote:Anybody not buying tickets is highly suspect.
Thyroidectomy wrote:It does have something to do with the game, obviously. You want the town to win don't you?
^ Hostility

In regards to why MoS would include such a role in the game: As you've said before, MoS isn't stupid. However, this doesn't mean that every role should be self-contained ballance. He's an intelligent mod, and I would guess with near certainty that he would put in roles to ballance out those as powerful as you might have.

Also, do you know nothing about what your Fair tickets do? Or are you just not telling us?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:58 pm

Post by stark »

schismatized wrote:
Thyroidectomy wrote:It can sometimes benefit the town by voting without giving a reason.
I really dont see this as true... Can you elaborate?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:25 pm

Post by stark »

Thyroidectomy wrote:Everyone asking- stop fishing. All I want to say is that it will be bad for the mafia and I want them not to expect what's coming to them.

Do you have something to hide?
Not at all. If I did, I wouldn't have let you all know.
Ok comrade. So you're expecting the town to sit down, and be led around by you because of your golden tickets. This defies all logic. If you were scum with a signup role, what would you say? The exactly same thing. Your promiss means nothing.

Apparently you have something to hide, as you're not enlightening your fellow comrades.

You are being agressive without reason, comrade Thyroid. Why? Hostility with a purpose, such as pressuring a single scum can indeed serve the town. You're just biting anyone that comes your way.

It doesn't matter what we designed. MoS has more than enough powers to ballance out the roles. Zoneace said it perfectly.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:15 pm

Post by stark »

Thyroidectomy wrote:Not sure if you are aware stark, but you are quoting foolinc out of context. Please don't.

I'll answer your points when you correct said mistake.
What does that mean comrade. Explain. The only post by foolinc that is remotely related is 117. And even so, what's your point?
Thyroidectomy wrote:Too add:

I don't do the work if you don't. I answered your points. They are in post 135. Do not accuse me of things, allow me to defend myself, and then ignore the defense and procede with accusing me of things.
You have no defense. You fail.
Thyroidectomy wrote:
Isn't the point of EVERY role to balance another role.

Right. Which is why making a role that deliberately balances out another role is bad design. The role should be balanced by all the other roles anyway.
Plenty of games have had counter-roles. They've worked fine, comrade.

Explain what out of context means, comrade. That seems to be your favorite phrase lately.

And there doesn't need to be a specific counter role.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by stark »

Thyroidectomy wrote:
What does that mean comrade. Explain. The only post by foolinc that is remotely related is 117. And even so, what's your point?

Foolinc's quotation had nothing to do with my Fair. It was about my attitude towards posts that answered for other people.

I firmly believe at this point you aren't reading the game.

Unvote
Vote stark

Plenty of games have had counter-roles. They've worked fine, comrade.

Is a "counter-role" reasonable for a role as specific as mine?

Out of context right now means that you are quoting something I am saying and, by leaving off a bit, changing the meaning. I'm not saying it's deliberate, but it's definately there.

I think there does need to be a specific counter role.

It doesn't need to be specific to you, comrade tyroid. MoS could have just made a role to take away players powers. Problem solved.

I do not see a single instance of my being out of contex. Enlighten me.

In response to 135 which you seem to think I be ignoring.

From top to bottom of my post 113

1. Unwaranted aggression

2. Witch-hunting

3. Witch-hunting again.

I'm reading plenty fine.

Also, you have not addressed your non-existant defense. You claim the need to defend yourself, and then simply ignore other players
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by stark »

Thyroidectomy wrote:
Trust me, I would claim it if I needed to. But I'll say it here:
If I do claim what the tickets do, it will significantly diminish the intended effect.
Lol, massive failure.

So explain to us why we should buy your ticket, asside from the fact that you say it's good.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by stark »

Thyroidectomy wrote:
Lol, massive failure.
See, calling someone hostile then acting like this doesn't really work.

Yes, I'm asking you to trust me. Imagine, in a mafia game, someone with a role asks the town to trust them, as
their effect is both confirmable and benefitial.
Man, that's a crazy play, I don't remember that one before.
According to you.

All we're asking for is some information, comrade.

How many people do you need?

What happens? Will it effect our roles? How long will it take to come into action?

Truth is the foundation of Trust, comrade. Any player asking the town to follow them in the dark is automatically scummy.

In all honesty, if another player had a role that said "I'm going to ask the entire town to do something I tell them. I am going to give them no information, asside from the fact that I claim that doing what I say is beneficial, accuse non-supporters of being scum, and claim that my crypticizm is because it will reduce the power of my role."

How would you react, comrade?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:01 am

Post by stark »

If memory serves me right, didnt someone fake-claim unclaimable in the endgame of Improbable Role Mafia, and thus avoided backing up his existing fake-claim?

Now, Thyroid, it's extremely possibly that you're not scum, and that you've just been strapped with a very uncomfortable role. Maybe the largely suspicious wagon that's piled on you is full of scum. At the least, this is useful. But if we want to move on from "Thyroid is digging himself geometrically deeper into a lynch hole" to "Let's analyze behavior in response to the Tyroid wagon", you have to work with us, man.

Do you know what the Fair does?

Does the effect happen every night/must new tickets be bought everyday?
Does your power affect the entire town?
People who bought tickets?
People who didn't buy tickets?
Yourself?

I understand that you may actually have a legit no-claim restriction, and that would suck for me too if I was in your shoes. But you have to understan where we're coming from. Day one, no information, you drop a huge trust bomb, and expect us to go along with it. If I was the one claiming tickets, surely you would feel the same way.

Let's work together comrades, and not let things get out of hand.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #246 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:59 pm

Post by stark »

Hi JDodge

What's cracking?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:04 am

Post by stark »

JDodge wrote:
stark wrote:Hi JDodge

What's cracking?
Not much
That's pretty awesome. How's life?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:59 am

Post by stark »

unvote

I think we need to revisit our reasoning for our wagons. Thyroid's wagon was nice at first, but we should atleast see what happens tonight.

What's the wagon with foolinc?

And why do I have two votes?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #462 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:45 pm

Post by stark »

Comrades, my most deep apologies. Things have been super tough for me this week. But it's a three day weekend, so I'm going to do a re-read of everything I missed, and will post shortly!
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #550 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:48 am

Post by stark »

Comrades, I apologize with the utmost deepfeltness.

I have been faced with massive full scale failure of everything in my life lol.

But I'm doing a complete thread re-read.

Bear with me comrades,

And thank you supermuch for your patience
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by stark »

Alright comrades, this is my re-read from my last contentful post, which was on page 12 lol. Massive failure. In addition, I do terribly uninsightful re-reads, so forgive me for that, but I'll do my best.

So I'll be writing things down as I read them. So if the things I'll be talking about have been resolved, and are now obsolete, forgive me, as I'll correct that once I'm done reading.

Page 12

So here we are debating Thyroid. My position at this point in time was that I don't believe that Thyroid should be able to lead the town around with such minimal explanation of his role as he had. However, I reduced my intensity of going after Thyroid after a few of his concessions in regards to information. As I read along the thread, my opinion will probably change, so bear with me.

Page 13

Thyroid seems to have an amazing amount of well-founded accusations lol (Although I haven't done research as they say on the street, so it might be taken completely out of context). Good job :P

Defeating someone's position with inane netspeak is a bit childish. Bad.
Shanba in 309 wrote:He deconstructed scenarios proposing him as an anti-town role, he's built a nice little case on foolinc above, he's attacked stark - yes, he's been scumhunting and defending himself.
Why is attacking me scumhunting again?

Come to think about it, page thirteen as a whole was a bit childish. Don't do that comrades.

Page 14

Some actually relevant discussion lol. Massive skills.

CDK, I don't know why I have two votes on me. That's why I asked.

Hopping on Zoneace for backtracking isn't really fair, as he wasn't really backtracking, IMo. He essentially did the same thing as me. The majority of his questions were answered, so he moved on to a more productive position. Ain't so bad.

Page 15

Zoneace discussion, in which I hold the same opinion as above.

Page 16

Uninteresting really

Page 17

What's your thing with me, CKD?

Page 18

I'm not quite sure if I missed something. Does saying his name trigger the meeping?

Page 19

I see, it's the meeping. Got it.
Or is it? Maybe the mystery of the pr is too great for human kind.

Page 20

Once again, the pain of the pr :P

Page 21

Waterbuffalo song was so awesome..

Page 22

LOL! Just read JediKnight's post about Nocmen's prospective role. He who shall not be named has been changed so.

Page 23

And we're back!

In conclusion, comrades, on my scum list is still Thyroid, although he is at the most bottom, still because I don't like him leading the town about, and then Nocmen in regards to the information we've received

I would also like to see this 23 page day one come to an end some time would be kinda cool.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #596 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:14 pm

Post by stark »

Well, when I'm mod, and my players ask for a votecount, I think they should just do it themselves if they want it that badly.

So here is the first People Powered Vote Count of Day 1!

foolinc - (Shanba, Aimee)
ZONEACE - (FaerieLord)
Thyroidectomy - (ZONEACE, somestrangeflea, Sir Tornado)
Belgarion - (Bamboomancer, Nocmen)
schismatized - (Thyroidectomy, UltimaAvalon, Jediknight, mneme)
mneme - (Twomz)
Twomz- (Battle Mage)
Battle Mage- (schismatized)
Nocmen- (Jdodge, KaleiÐoscøpe)

I probably missed something because it's really freezing like in my room, so correct me.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #709 (isolation #17) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:30 am

Post by stark »

Same boat as Aimee.

Chasing the doc/cop thing is thoroughly stupid.

Can we please end this day?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #774 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:38 am

Post by stark »

Thyroidectomy wrote:
I suck at balancing games, but why does this matter? In terms of your role in this game, how does the fact that I find it difficult to come up with a role to balance out a similar role which you have made up actually matter?
Obviously, your inability to make a reasonable counter role has to do with the fact that there isn't a reasonable counter role.
So yeah, this is pretty much a challenge to all of you great designers who signed up for this game.

YOU are using the argument that there could be a counter role to my role- I'm asking for an example.
nobody would be able to design a role specific enough to counter mine.
I stand by this. You have failed to provide an example for a role that works.

Achoo! You are
The Plaguemonster
. You have a terrible plague that strips players of their roles. Once during the game, you may infect another player with The Plague. The player in question loses any powers they had prior to infection, and may infect another player. You win with the town.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #780 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by stark »

Thyroid man, don't be silly. We just showed you two. A powerful role like yours can be accepted if there is an equally powerful power-stripper like plaguemonster or Steve.

Or, another role could strip you of your ability to speak, or maybe disallow your use of vowels.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #782 (isolation #20) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:42 pm

Post by stark »

Fair enough, maybe you don't automatically win once you get all the tickets, but for example, you could have a role like:

TicketMaster
: You are the ticket master. During the day, advirtise for tickets. For every two tickets you sell, you get one kill. You are self aligned.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #848 (isolation #21) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by stark »

Sorry comrades, I've been having computer problems lately, so I haven't been able to post as often as I would have liked to. I really just want to get this day over with.

Vote: Schis
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #912 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by stark »

Hey comrades, happy newyear!

So, first things first.

Jediknight, how many shirts do you have? Did you get any information at all as to what they do?

Thyroid, how was the carnival?

In regards to TSS's death, I'm thinking that it was the yellow shirt, the yellow shirt of vengence.

Also, even though TSS has been revealed and everything, do you all think he's really dead? Maybe he'll come back later in the game? (I did not design any role related to the incidents that occured last night, just my speculation)

Also, Shanba, aside from the power to execute, do you get anything else?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #937 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by stark »

Lol, so that didn't get us much of anywhere, gambit wise.

Why Tss, Shanba?

Also comrades, what's the plan from here?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #939 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by stark »

Also, are we certain that TSS can actually speak, as he's off in the abyss?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #944 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:24 am

Post by stark »

Because we want to know what it did after we all went through the whole debate about whether the Ren Faire was helpful or not so.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #948 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:55 am

Post by stark »

Aha, ok, my bad. Your ability only triggers on everyone buying a ticket.

Why vote me, UA?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #957 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:09 am

Post by stark »

UltimaAvalon wrote:@stark: You've been asking questions that have already been answered all game.

Well, the first thing is that I'm not quite sure why that makes me scum.

The second thing is that I've been absent alot of the game, and need to catch up for myself.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1002 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:27 am

Post by stark »

Not listening to your people is the sign of a terrible despot, comrade Shanba.

Why Oman?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1006 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:05 am

Post by stark »

Alright Chairman Shanba, crush your insurrection.

Have you noticed any Oman posts in particular that you find suspicious, or just in general?

If option A, I would be most greatful if you could point them out to me

If option B, I'll do a re-read of the last 10 pages with OmanFocus.

I believe the argument in favor of Nocmen lynch to my limited understanding is that Nocmen has run the town around a bush with his post restriction business, and then on reflection proved to be not entirely consistent within the bounds of his claimed PR.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1010 (isolation #30) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by stark »

Alright man,

So I started on p31. Maybe I should have gone back farther, and if you can point out a spot in which Oman is particularly scummy before 31, go for it.

Oman hasn't really said much, with the exception of doing the lynch>nolynch bit with ssf, which has been pointed out.

But if you can show me where your feelings are coming from man, go for it. I'm fine either way.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1012 (isolation #31) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by stark »

Thyroidectomy wrote:Shanba, executing Nocmen after being assured he was town, and even then to put Oman in your execution list, is highly, highly suspect. In fact, it reminds me a bit of pj's performance in Kingmaker II
1. I probably missed something Tyroid. Where was Nocmen confirmed?

2. Might you be so kind as to explain the last bit, man?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1014 (isolation #32) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by stark »

Ah, ok, my bad man. By whom was Shanba assured that Nocmen was town?

And in regards to your second bit, I'm assuming PJ was scum in that game?

Even if Shanba is scum, there ain't much we can do about that right now :P

So unless Shanba wants to volunteer to execute himself, who would you like to see killed, Thyroid?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1018 (isolation #33) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:18 am

Post by stark »

Well done sir.

Go for it.

I was on the Nocmen wagon, but seeing this has convinced me.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1025 (isolation #34) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by stark »

Because I was convinced by a well done PbPA?

Not to mention that the two players on your list were the only two major opponents to your ticket campaign yesterday.

But I'm done with that.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1029 (isolation #35) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:56 am

Post by stark »

Hah, right on jediknight.

When you QFT someone, it means, from my understanding, that you're saying "Yeah, right on, awesome bag of monkeys, I agree".

If you look at post 777 and another one (793 I think?) Oman seems to be asking for QFTs.

So what to do about this, comrades? I'm perfectly fine with Oman lynch, but I would like to know what Omans special powers are prior to lynch.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1033 (isolation #36) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:46 am

Post by stark »

So Shanba, what's it going to be

Oman lynch?

Nocmen lynch?

Other lynch?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1054 (isolation #37) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:52 am

Post by stark »

Hey Oman,

Say I qft you.

And then a little while later, I qft you again.

Do you get two qfts, or just one?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1055 (isolation #38) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:55 am

Post by stark »

Sorry for double post.

That might have been a bit vague.

What I meant to say was, if I qft you twice, does your power give you two votes, or is it one vote per one player per one qft?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1057 (isolation #39) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:58 am

Post by stark »

King Shanba,

Can you kill someone in the next 3-5 days? That would move the game along alot.

Also, democracy is restored after today, right?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1063 (isolation #40) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:05 am

Post by stark »

Fine Shanba, just finish this day, man.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1086 (isolation #41) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by stark »

I don't know man, I messaged him last night about the game on the AIM and he just ignored me lol. I think he's pretty gone :P

But honorable comrade IH will rescue us, right?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1133 (isolation #42) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:24 am

Post by stark »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Thyroid: Hi

stark: Die

Vote: stark
How's that, man?

Also, could someone explain to me what the deal with kscope is? I re-read a bit and did not find anything especially interesting, although I definately could have missed something.

Also, I had a question for Oman from yesterday.

So if I qft you, Oman, and then a little while later, I qft you again, do you get two votes or just one?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1137 (isolation #43) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:44 am

Post by stark »

Twomz wrote:
@ Everyone: Does anyone else think that the "pair" of pants SK could be a double SK? As in, kinda a 2 person scum group that each kills on a different night? Or two players that are controlled by the same player (this was my initial thought on Belgarion, but the posting and replacements make that seem unlikely, although evidence in the signup thread and his total sight posts makes him look suspicious).
Ehh, I'm thinking not. A pair of pants is generally one singular unit of pants, to my knowledge. Maybe he had some kind of ability that made other people perform the kills on his behalf (a la Legend of the Magic Red Shoes?)

ZONEACE wrote:
stark wrote: Also, could someone explain to me what the deal with kscope is? I re-read a bit and did not find anything especially interesting, although I definately could have missed something.
I went back and re read and his posts have been completely useless, but he's been making enough of them to stay under the radar. It just makes me think he needs to be lynched as its likely he's scum with such behavior. I mean, in the past when i've seen that sort of behavior its been a person that is scum. Especially as intentional as it is. Its not like someone accidentally staying under the radar, there's a definite intention to his posts.

Alright man, I see what you're saying. However, I think we should make sure we consider others before we lynch a player purely on the basis of non-activity.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1139 (isolation #44) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:46 am

Post by stark »

Ah, my apologies UA. "Why do you think I'm scum?" was the question I had in mind.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1142 (isolation #45) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:48 am

Post by stark »

ZONEACE wrote:
stark wrote:
Alright man, I see what you're saying. However, I think we should make sure we consider others before we lynch a player purely on the basis of non-activity.
it snot NON-activity, it's intentional limited activity.

and i already TRIED lynching people based on other reasons. it didn't take.

Ok. Gangster. What do others think of kscope lynch?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1144 (isolation #46) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:52 am

Post by stark »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
stark wrote:Ah, my apologies UA. "Why do you think I'm scum?" was the question I had in mind.
All Day 1 and Day 2 you pretended to be helpful by continually asking questions that had already been answered. Sometimes the questin had been answered several times before. This caused a great deal of frustration to both the people involved and everyone reading. This is indicative of scum who aren't reading and are just trying to make enough posts to get by without looking like they're lurking

I lurked through a large portion of the game, man, and missed alot of the discussion. And I apologize for asking all my questions, but forgive me for not wanting to re-read through 30 some pages.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1161 (isolation #47) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:18 am

Post by stark »

You want to explain, kscope?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1182 (isolation #48) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:27 am

Post by stark »

Jdodge. I get your thing about the day/night reverse.

Is the moving people around in time just flavor, or does it mean that Nocmen will come back?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1188 (isolation #49) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by stark »

Hey Jdodge, did you explain why you killed Nocmen?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1196 (isolation #50) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by stark »

Thyroid, don't you think we should atleast let JDodge do his thing tonight?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1197 (isolation #51) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by stark »

Schism, known scum, tried to direct cops to Thyroid. This was doubtless in part due to wanting to sniff out who the cops were, but it may suggest that Thyroid is a GF as well (scum due to the above, turns up innocent because Schism wanted him checked) or he may be of another family. At any rate, it's another link between Thyroid and known scum.
Sorry for double post. Maybe I missed this comrade. Where was that?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1211 (isolation #52) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:28 pm

Post by stark »

Oman wrote:I get an extra vote for QFTs.
You've been qfted two times I think
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1214 (isolation #53) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by stark »

Ah, my fault man, flameaxe wrote qtf lol. Fail.

Also, does it stop at 200%?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1273 (isolation #54) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by stark »

the silent speaker wrote: We've had one kill per night. What missing kill?
Well, we know that there was an SK, and that there's a mafia, which makes two right there.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1361 (isolation #55) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by stark »

I'm here, man, no need to be prodded. I'm with UA and Zoneace. And although, correct me if I understand this wrong, Jdodge's vig powers are used up, his other power could be really useful, even if it doesn't confirm anything.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1436 (isolation #56) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:32 am

Post by stark »

Hey comrades, I've been having problems with my internet connection. I can only log on for short periods of time, but with any luck, I will be back soon.

Cheers!
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1457 (isolation #57) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:27 am

Post by stark »

Do the people want me to hammer?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1472 (isolation #58) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:55 am

Post by stark »

Shall I hammer now, or wait for thyroid? I still ain't on sure footing with the ticket thing, so I am not going to be getting one tonight, for definate, but if other people want one, I can wait.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1501 (isolation #59) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by stark »

As was I.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1506 (isolation #60) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by stark »

Fine by me.

Vote: Jdodge

In case we didn't reach lynch.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1693 (isolation #61) » Tue May 06, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by stark »

Hey guys,

I'm really sorry I've been slacking in this game, for sure. Things have been really hectic for me.

I'm going to try to see if I can do a re-read tomorrow, unless someone wants to sum up the course of events in short.

Straight up.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1800 (isolation #62) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:57 am

Post by stark »

Alright guys, sorry it's been a while. THings in meatworld haven't been fantastic, but I've finished reading through, and now I'm more or less caught up. Right now I don't have the time to do a gigantic 72 page analysis thing, But I see that I've come under some fire, so I'll try to answer your questions.

In regards to Shanba's accusations, first off, on page 70 alone, you proposed 3 wagons, and to my eyes, not exactly justified. But maybe that was just in passing. Whatever's good.
mneme wrote:stark also defended JDodge:
stark wrote:I'm here, man, no need to be prodded. I'm with UA and Zoneace. And although, correct me if I understand this wrong, Jdodge's vig powers are used up, his other power could be really useful, even if it doesn't confirm anything.
Let's lynch one of those three -- defending obvscum is always lynchable, particularly when (unlike Oman, who also defended Jdodge), you haven't shown a role ability.

unvote
vote: SSF352
Your scum-finding powers are probably stronger than mine, and therefore, when Jdodge's case was presented, I did not see "obvscum". That was my mistake.
I also think that during that whole day, there was a large block of time in which I did not pay attention. However, when I read back, I realized that the case that was made against Jdodge was far stronger than the one in favor of him being town. You guys convinced me. Would you have prefered that I remained adamant in my defense of him?

That's probably not the best defense, that much I know, but it's the truth. I would be happy to answer anything else though.

Also, I'm not exactly certain between the conflict of TSS and armlx?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1806 (isolation #63) » Sun May 18, 2008 2:20 am

Post by stark »

Twomz wrote:Wait, why is armlx scum? I don't remember him doing anything scummy, although I could be thinking of another game I was in with him.
I was wondering the same thing.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1808 (isolation #64) » Sun May 18, 2008 8:31 am

Post by stark »

Maybe it's my mistake, but it seems to me that you all are assigning Mystical Properties to "The List".

Also, TSS, I've been away for a while, what was the plan that you were talking about?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1974 (isolation #65) » Sat May 24, 2008 9:43 am

Post by stark »

armlx wrote:
armlx wrote:Also, I do not like Shanba's claim.
This + role based info > play analysis.

Unvote, Vote Shanba
I totally didn't see the catch there, with the suspiciously missing the all-night block. Right on.

This makes sense.

Before we lynch shanba, do we have a plan for tonight?

Vote:Shanba
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2151 (isolation #66) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:49 am

Post by stark »

Hey comrades,

Urgh, my computer has been hell lately. I've been able to get maybe 3-4 hours of internet a week. Fortunate for me, I believe that the problem is fixed, with any luck.

I also notice a wagon forming around me. Other than the fact that:

I changed my vote on Jdodge (which I explained to the best of my ability)
Shanba wanted it (?)
The List Says So (I still don't understand The List)

I would be happy to answer any questions.

Also, TSS, did you attempt to ressurect Shanba last night?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2187 (isolation #67) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:27 am

Post by stark »

Maybe I missed something, Zoneace, but what has led you to assume the existance of a zombi-cult?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2248 (isolation #68) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by stark »

Kison wrote: So... Where's Stark?

Hi Kison,

I've been sick lately, and am going into surgery tomorrow morning, which I think is a pretty valid excuse for lurking :P

In regards to the cult, I still really don't understand why people think there's a zombi-cult.

Has anyone claimed designing such a role?

Also, a vote count would be really super sometime soon.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2251 (isolation #69) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:44 pm

Post by stark »

Has TSS offered any more details about his role? Maybe there are some drawbacks to his ressurecting?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2252 (isolation #70) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:00 pm

Post by stark »

Also, since it apparently has magic powers, what page is the most updated version of the list on?

Also

PEOPLE'S VOTECOUNT (Excuse me if my counting is wrong)

SSF1234(1)- Mneme

Stark(5)- TSS, Simenon, Armlx, Kison, SSF1234

Tss(1)- Kscope

With 16 alive, it's 9 to lynch
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2263 (isolation #71) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:04 am

Post by stark »

curiouskarmadog wrote:stark..I would like you to claim...if I vote you, it will put you at -2 (if your vote count is right).
I would be happy to claim, CKD.

However, I would like armlx's approval before doing so, because, even though he doesn't know it, our roles are intertwined.

I also know for a fact that armlx is pro-town.

I would also not like to claim right now as my role is a little bit complicated, and I am under the effect of many different drugs.

In short, however, to explain without so many details,

I am armlx's more powerful, reverse backup.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2264 (isolation #72) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:05 am

Post by stark »

stark wrote:
However, I would like armlx's approval before doing so, because, even though he doesn't know it, our roles are intertwined.
What I mean to say is that I would have to out armlx in order to explain my role, which I wouldn't want to do without his permission.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2274 (isolation #73) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by stark »

What's the reasoning behind Kscope lynch? The List?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2312 (isolation #74) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:21 am

Post by stark »

curiouskarmadog wrote:why are we not mass claiming...
You want to draw up a list, CKD?

SSF352 wrote:
stark wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:stark..I would like you to claim...if I vote you, it will put you at -2 (if your vote count is right).
I would be happy to claim, CKD.

I also know for a fact that armlx is pro-town.

I would also not like to claim right now as my role is a little bit complicated, and I am under the effect of many different drugs.

In short, however, to explain without so many details,

I am armlx's more powerful, reverse backup.
Reverse? Can you elaborate on this? I've not sure what a reverse backup role means.
I'll explain with more detail after our massclaim.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2316 (isolation #75) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:37 am

Post by stark »

curiouskarmadog wrote:a list for what?..people to claim?..I think at this point it doesnt matter the order...but I can if people want it.

Ah, I meant a list of people who have claimed already, and what they claimed. But, it's probably not necessary.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2369 (isolation #76) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by stark »

I think that it would do both the game, and our mod good if we lynched Pbug. However, I would really like to see something concrete in regards to him being scum.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2484 (isolation #77) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:42 am

Post by stark »

Sir Tornado wrote:OH, THE HORROR!

If ZONEACE is next in your list then why are you opposed to him claiming today Armlx?

I would request people not to hammer until we have all the claims.
This.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2579 (isolation #78) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:09 am

Post by stark »

Hey Zoneace, how many lynches do you have to get to win?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2611 (isolation #79) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:26 am

Post by stark »

Hey Zoneace,

Assuming you survive until tomorrow, why don't you just pick yourself? That way both parties can be happy.

xoxo

Stark
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2639 (isolation #80) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by stark »

I fully support Zoneace lynch.

You know what would be funny, though..

If zoneace was running this entire bitchy gimmic on purpose because he's some kind of jester role..

(not claiming to have made anything, just speculating)
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2656 (isolation #81) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:53 am

Post by stark »

Do it.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2668 (isolation #82) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:44 am

Post by stark »

Vote: mneme

Giant stall-asaurus
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2670 (isolation #83) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:33 am

Post by stark »

The whata whata?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2672 (isolation #84) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:59 am

Post by stark »

He has been consistently vague in regards to his claiming, and on top of that, he is willing to vote for SSF, who has been doing the exact same thing he has been doing.

He also has not explained to us why he is so afraid of claiming. His fear is unwarranted. The vast majority of us have put ourselves on the line by claiming. He should be no different.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2680 (isolation #85) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by stark »

Ok mneme, but you've created this atmosphere of how hurtful it would be to the town were you to claim. As far as I see it, there are far more valuble roles than yours. Maybe I'm missing something..
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2704 (isolation #86) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:01 am

Post by stark »

Simenon wrote:
My god it's scary how armlx +stark are setting up today's lynch.
Aw, shucks Sim. You caught us. We were the armlx stark conspiracy. We woulda gotten away with it to if it wasn't for you meddling kids.

On a heavier note, I had forgotten that mneme was Zoneace's lynchtarget, so I'm going to

unvote

I'm all for a massclaim as well.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2706 (isolation #87) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:21 am

Post by stark »

Simenon wrote:
stark wrote:
Simenon wrote:
My god it's scary how armlx +stark are setting up today's lynch.
Aw, shucks Sim. You caught us. We were the armlx stark conspiracy. We woulda gotten away with it to if it wasn't for you meddling kids.
1. You're setting up today's lynch.

2. You were among the top candidates for lynching before you claimed

3. You haven't specified anything in your role pm.

4. And you're implying I'm farfetched?
1. I'm not on that wagon any more, but granted, when I was, our two vote wagon was mighty indeed. Quality over quantity.

2. That is factually correct

3. That's what a mass-claim is for

4. Does the firebug play the violin in the Autumn after rain?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2708 (isolation #88) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:54 am

Post by stark »

I voice my support for a massclaim.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2710 (isolation #89) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by stark »

Is everyone down for a massclaim at this point? Any objectors?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2722 (isolation #90) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:13 am

Post by stark »

armlx wrote:Stark should claim before I do, as if he is wrong about his ability being linked to mine I can "counter claim" it.
Alright man, whatever works.

Armlx is, more or less, a triple doctor.

In regards to my claim, I did a little bit of breadcrumbing during the Thyroid episode.

To put it differently, I am armlx's reverse backup.

If armlx dies, I get to pick 3 players, and they lose their abilities. In exchange for their abilities, they become double-body guards. When one of them dies, I get to pick two players, get rid of their abilities, and make them single bodyguards. And when one of those dies, I get to pick another player, and they only lose their ability.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2728 (isolation #91) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:42 am

Post by stark »

Twomz wrote:That's... ridiculous. In a designer game you could have stripped 6 players of their roles in the first 3 nights (theoretically)?

If multiple bodyguards target the same person do they all die, or just the first one to send it in?
Well, I'm thinking that
I
am the ballance for alot of extreme roles that Mos might have put in :P. That's why I got into that whole argument with thyroid/sim.

I'm not exactly sure on the details, but I'm pretty sure for ballance it would be the first person to submit.

More claims!
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2732 (isolation #92) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:38 am

Post by stark »

Nocmen wrote:mneme, I dislike strongly how others are claiming but in retrospect you still have not, as you say it is a mostly full claim.

armlx's and stark's powers worry me the most, they both seem very, very strong. And with this many powers for the town, I could see them being scum to balance them out. Also, anyone claim to making either role?
A) This is a designer game, Nocmen, so there obviously won't be any townies.

B) Because this game was constructed on player submissions, unless someone took it upon themselves to submit a myriad of unimpressive mediocre roles, we are all going to have a good bit of power.

C) My role may be a bit powerful, but as armlx said, his protective powers may not be 100%. I don't really see what you're worrying about.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2773 (isolation #93) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:06 am

Post by stark »

I completely missed your argument, mneme.

Inaslong as armlx is alive, I present no threat to the town.

And even if he dies, my power could be very useful in deterring scum. For example, I could remove Zoneace´s lyncher powers, I still don´t believe you with your captain invincible tree stump powers, so I think I might be able to take yours as well.

In fact, I am more valuable to the town now that we´re all claiming. Should armlx die, we can simply truncate any suspicious powers.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2785 (isolation #94) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by stark »

Maybe I'm really dense, but I'm not understanding why you all want to lynch me.

Just keep armlx alive, and we're fine.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2791 (isolation #95) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by stark »

the silent speaker wrote: I am, however, just fine with a Stark lynch.

Stark, what is a "double" or "single" bodyguard?
You shouldn't be.

A double body guard can protect two players a night, while a single body guard is normal.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2826 (isolation #96) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:33 am

Post by stark »

I regret not having mentioned this, but in claiming, it did not occur to me that the town would get into its head that I am a good lynch choice. Upon my death, 3 random players will be stripped of their powers, and given double-bodyguard instead, provided I have not stripped anyone as of dying.

We have the equivilant of 7 doctors in the town, if Sir T mimics armlx. This gives scum only a 6/13 chance of making a kill. Just keep us both alive, and we'll all be fine.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2829 (isolation #97) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:25 am

Post by stark »

Well, consider what would have happened if I had claimed it right away.

I was already under suspicion when I claimed, and if I had set up a perilous lynch situation right of the bad, I feel it would have been more scummy.

I'm still not understanding why you all want to lynch me. Unless armlx died, I am vanilla. I haven't made a choice the entire game.

Besides, we have 7 doctors, so just keep me alive until the end of the game and we all have no problem.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2838 (isolation #98) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:45 am

Post by stark »

Kison wrote:Forgot I unvoted.

Vote : Zoneace

Anyway, by lynching ZA now, on the off chance Stark's telling the truth, we at least(should?) maintain the three roles he claims will lose their abilities through the night.
Or you could just not kill me, investigate me instead, and avoid the problem entirely.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2845 (isolation #99) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:04 am

Post by stark »

Hey mneme, aside from being unkillable, do you actually do anything?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2859 (isolation #100) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by stark »

Ok, so answer me this, then.

If I was scum, why didn't I just kill armlx N1?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2861 (isolation #101) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by stark »

Do you want me to flavor claim, armlx?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2863 (isolation #102) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:47 pm

Post by stark »

So you're saying, armlx, that assuming that Nonny was a mafia cop, that a better plan would be instead of killing a triple doctor, to set up an elaborate rouse surrounding linked claims blah blah blah blah blah?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2865 (isolation #103) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by stark »

I think "Triple Doctor" is more than enough to warrant a kill.

If you all want to lynch me, that's fine, but I don't think that losing me, plus 3 other player's abilities on a flimsy flimsy case is a good play.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2867 (isolation #104) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by stark »

Same difference. It is ill-concieved and illogical.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2873 (isolation #105) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:14 pm

Post by stark »

You realize that if you vig me tonight, I could throw a gigant monkeywrench in your plans by stripping someone, right?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2881 (isolation #106) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:52 am

Post by stark »

mneme wrote:stark: 3 someones, right? Please keep your story straight. Not that I believe you.
Your attempt at twisting my words is not satisfactory.
Twomz wrote:Stark, if you are town why would you strip important people?
It is both random and involuntary.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2965 (isolation #107) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:10 am

Post by stark »

To clear things up, I had not seen that Kscope had claimed to have designed armlx's role. My mistake.

armlx is a normal 3x doctor. I designed not only his role, but my own as well.

(I don't know what kind of flavour Kscope made, but armlx is the Goop Doctor)
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2974 (isolation #108) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:57 am

Post by stark »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"][quote="stark"]

To clear things up, I had not seen that Kscope had claimed to have designed armlx's role. My mistake.

armlx is a normal 3x doctor. I designed not only his role, but my own as well.

(I don't know what kind of flavour Kscope made, but armlx is the Goop Doctor)[/quote]Right.

Guys, we should clearly vig stark tonight.[/quote]

Because?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”