Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:48 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 359, karnos wrote:I don't know how to easily link posts by post number. Is there some shortcut?

Code: Select all

[post]350[/post]

Or highlight the post number (nothing else, no spaces or # or anything) and click the "post" button. It's the last one.
MechaGoomba
MechaGoomba
Goon
MechaGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:01 am

Post by MechaGoomba »

In post 370, The Bulge wrote: What were you hoping to accomplish with this post?
People have been trying to pressure Kappy into doing things for a while, and it hasn't been working. I was hoping an alternate method might work better.
qubixes wrote:I remembered reading him as very open towny, so I looked through some of his games where he was town and his play here doesn't look anything like it.
I sorta agree with your analysis, but when I open the spoiler I drown in words and colors and argh why. Please, for the love of god, don't wall like that and especially don't do post-by-post. It's really hard to read and often can intimidate people into agreeing.
MechaGoomba
MechaGoomba
Goon
MechaGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:02 am

Post by MechaGoomba »

Will reevaluate Karnos & Kappy later.
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:37 am

Post by qubixes »

In post 376, MechaGoomba wrote:
qubixes wrote:I remembered reading him as very open towny, so I looked through some of his games where he was town and his play here doesn't look anything like it.
I sorta agree with your analysis, but when I open the spoiler I drown in words and colors and argh why. Please, for the love of god, don't wall like that and especially don't do post-by-post. It's really hard to read and often can intimidate people into agreeing.
It looks like I have been a bit overzealous indeed. I thought I would just find a couple of things, but I found really a lot. Honestly though, if you don't want to wade through the whole thing, the main point is made outside the spoiler. The only main point that I could add is that there do seem to be a decent amount of excuses in his ISO.

You don't like the colors? Aw, I thought it would be handy to more quickly skim the quotes for the different points. Maybe we should hold a vote! I'll not do that anymore if everyone hates it obviously.

Also, I'm fine if people agree without reading the quote wall. So don't feel intimidated if you agree without reading it ;).
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:53 am

Post by Saru »

In post 378, qubixes wrote:
In post 376, MechaGoomba wrote:
It looks like I have been a bit overzealous indeed. I thought I would just find a couple of things, but I found really a lot. Honestly though, if you don't want to wade through the whole thing, the main point is made outside the spoiler. The only main point that I could add is that there do seem to be a decent amount of excuses in his ISO.

You don't like the colors? Aw, I thought it would be handy to more quickly skim the quotes for the different points. Maybe we should hold a vote! I'll not do that anymore if everyone hates it obviously.

Also, I'm fine if people agree without reading the quote wall. So don't feel intimidated if you agree without reading it ;).
I'll comment on what I think about Karnos from reading your post after I look over some of his town games and meta. But, for what it's worth, just reading through your post without actually looking at the games you linked to, I do see your reasoning for suspecting Karnos.

I personally loved the colors and found that they helped me follow your points better. Seems to just be a matter of preference.

You shouldn't be fine with people agreeing with just a TL;DR tbh. Or even posting a TL;DR in the first place. Too easy for lazy scum to just agree with it and jump on the opportunity to vote. Make it harder for scum who are acting townie, not easier.
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:22 am

Post by qubixes »

In post 379, Saru wrote: I'll comment on what I think about Karnos from reading your post after I look over some of his town games and meta. But, for what it's worth, just reading through your post without actually looking at the games you linked to, I do see your reasoning for suspecting Karnos.

I personally loved the colors and found that they helped me follow your points better. Seems to just be a matter of preference.

You shouldn't be fine with people agreeing with just a TL;DR tbh. Or even posting a TL;DR in the first place. Too easy for lazy scum to just agree with it and jump on the opportunity to vote. Make it harder for scum who are acting townie, not easier.
Well, the way people hop on to the wagon in itself can also give away their alignment. If we find scum lazily hopping on the wagon, that's fine with me too. Though of course if I'm correct in that karnos is actually scum, their partners are not likely hopping on lazily ;). I don't know really. Some people are going to be lazy regardless of alignment, so for those a summary is good to get the point across. Also, I think with a summary at the start the wall itself is more easy to follow.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:27 am

Post by Saru »

In post 380, qubixes wrote:
In post 379, Saru wrote: I'll comment on what I think about Karnos from reading your post after I look over some of his town games and meta. But, for what it's worth, just reading through your post without actually looking at the games you linked to, I do see your reasoning for suspecting Karnos.

Well, the way people hop on to the wagon in itself can also give away their alignment. If we find scum lazily hopping on the wagon, that's fine with me too. Though of course if I'm correct in that karnos is actually scum, their partners are not likely hopping on lazily ;). I don't know really. Some people are going to be lazy regardless of alignment, so for those a summary is good to get the point across. Also, I think with a summary at the start the wall itself is more easy to follow.
Well then it just promotes laziness in general. Much rather you stay away from it, but I do see your point about catching scum lazily hopping on too.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:49 am

Post by karnos »

In post 368, MechaGoomba wrote:Karnos: If you have as many scumreads as you have townreads, you need more townreads, because there aren't that many scum in the game. There are always more town than there are scum.
I'm glad you wrote "if", because otherwise you would be misrepresenting me. I didn't have any absolute scum reads, and I had 4 null/scum reads.

However, this is my first normal game. Do normal games never have more than one scum team? Can't a normal game include a serial killer or pyromaniac or other neutral sort of "scum"? I find it interesting that you think you know exactly how many scum are in the game.
In post 375, Persivul wrote:
In post 359, karnos wrote:I don't know how to easily link posts by post number. Is there some shortcut?

Code: Select all

[post]350[/post]

Or highlight the post number (nothing else, no spaces or # or anything) and click the "post" button. It's the last one.
Thank you, I knew there had to be an easier way.

Qubixes: I don't really feel the need to explain myself to you in detail, the majority of the points you brought up have already been explained. I will say that your entire posts reads like someone who has already decided to vote me and is just looking for excuses to justify that vote... which does match your current situation.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Saru »

Karnos, about the whole "how many scum are in the game", go read post by Persivul. I think what he said makes sense on that matter. But, of course, it isn't set in stone.

Also, to be fair to Qubixes, he did say in post that he was going to go into his scum read in his next post, which he did. Also, why would he have to justify his vote? I might have missed it(please do point out if I did), but I didn't see anyone in particular pressuring or even asking Qubixes why he specifically voted you. Persivul does say in post that "how do you intend to sort people if you don't pressure your scum reads?" but that seemed more of a suggestion/advice on what to do rather than a pressure statement. He could have easily let his vote on you slip under the radar instead of attracting so much attention to it or himself. Just some food for thought.
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:57 am

Post by qubixes »

In post 382, karnos wrote: Qubixes: I don't really feel the need to explain myself to you in detail, the majority of the points you brought up have already been explained. I will say that your entire posts reads like someone who has already decided to vote me and is just looking for excuses to justify that vote... which does match your current situation.
In addition to what Saru already said. The reason I made this (huge) post/case on you is to get you lynched. I don't see how it can be interpreted in any other way. And that is even
if
you believe that I am scum. Very weak response so far.
MechaGoomba
MechaGoomba
Goon
MechaGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:22 am

Post by MechaGoomba »

On rereading, one thing that jumped out at me was that, when Kappy was wagoned, he became less active.

Karnos's mentions that Kappy was much more active on Wednesday. However, he then says that Kappy had more of a wagon then than he does now. This is wrong. Check GreyICE's ISO for the votecounts; the maximum wagon Kappy reached Wednesday was 3 players, and it disintegrated quickly. For most of the past few days, Kappy has had 4-5 players on his wagon.

Now, I personally feel that that's more likely to come from apathetic town, but I went and looked at his first newbie game and he did the exact same thing there. Do with that what you will.
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Kappy »

In post 385, MechaGoomba wrote:On rereading, one thing that jumped out at me was that, when Kappy was wagoned, he became less active.

Karnos's mentions that Kappy was much more active on Wednesday. However, he then says that Kappy had more of a wagon then than he does now. This is wrong. Check GreyICE's ISO for the votecounts; the maximum wagon Kappy reached Wednesday was 3 players, and it disintegrated quickly. For most of the past few days, Kappy has had 4-5 players on his wagon.

Now, I personally feel that that's more likely to come from apathetic town, but I went and looked at his first newbie game and
he did the exact same thing there.
Do with that what you will.
In post 366, Kappy wrote:I tend to do that. After RVS, I find it's hard for me to maintain a high post count.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Saru »

In post 366, Kappy wrote:I tend to do that. After RVS, I find it's hard for me to maintain a high post count.
I have an idea that will increase your post count, how about answering my questions? :mrgreen:
MechaGoomba
MechaGoomba
Goon
MechaGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:44 am

Post by MechaGoomba »

Kappy:
In post 368, MechaGoomba wrote: 1) Please don't self-meta.
Karnos is not looking good at all. To be perfectly honest, I'd be voting him right now if Kappy was answering questions and/or being proactive.
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Kappy »

In post 387, Saru wrote:
I have an idea that will increase your post count, how about answering my questions? :mrgreen:
Good idea!
In post 237, Saru wrote:Also, seeing as you're at L-2, care to post your thoughts about the people who are voting for you? What do you make of them and their reasons(if any) for voting you?
Saru:
It seems like he is voting for me because he doesn't like the content of my posts. I don't really know what to say to this.
Mecha:
He just doesn't like 235, since he claims it is all recycled. That may be true, but I was placing my opinion on it, since I hadn't mentioned my opinion before.
Dierfire:
He just commented on the weird association between me and Sick. I just want to point out that I scumread Sick, but I have to UNVOTE: for now to give his replacement a chance.
Is that what you want?
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:00 am

Post by Saru »

In post 389, Kappy wrote:
In post 387, Saru wrote:
Good idea!
In post 237, Saru wrote:Also, seeing as you're at L-2, care to post your thoughts about the people who are voting for you? What do you make of them and their reasons(if any) for voting you?
Saru:
It seems like he is voting for me because he doesn't like the content of my posts. I don't really know what to say to this.
Mecha:
He just doesn't like 235, since he claims it is all recycled. That may be true, but I was placing my opinion on it, since I hadn't mentioned my opinion before.
Dierfire:
He just commented on the weird association between me and Sick. I just want to point out that I scumread Sick, but I have to UNVOTE: for now to give his replacement a chance.
Is that what you want?
Yes. Also, give me your read list. :D
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:07 am

Post by Kappy »

In post 390, Saru wrote:
In post 389, Kappy wrote:
In post 387, Saru wrote:
Good idea!
Saru:
Mecha:
Dierfire:
Is that what you want?
Yes. Also, give me your read list. :D
I don't exactly have one at the moment... I am in Kansas, you know, so my focus isn't exactly on Mafia.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:14 am

Post by Saru »

You'll be in Kansas until next Saturday, right? That means you won't be focused on this game for a whole week. The deadline is in 9 days from now. Don't you think that calls for a replacement? Not even kidding. Not contributing for a whole week while you have a good amount of suspicion on you will either lead to a policy lynch or replacement. I really prefer the latter at the moment.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by Dierfire »

@karnos

In post 382, karnos wrote:I find it interesting that you think you know exactly how many scum are in the game.
How many Mafia players did MechaGoomba say are in the game?
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by Dierfire »

@Kappy

In post 389, Kappy wrote:Saru: It seems like he is voting for me because he doesn't like the content of my posts. I don't really know what to say to this.
Mecha: He just doesn't like 235, since he claims it is all recycled. That may be true, but I was placing my opinion on it, since I hadn't mentioned my opinion before.
Dierfire: He just commented on the weird association between me and Sick. I just want to point out that I scumread Sick, but I have to UNVOTE: for now to give his replacement a chance.
Is that what you want?
I'd like to have you comment on how you're reading the three of us. I gather that you think that all of our reasons for voting you are bad; do you feel that any are false?
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by Kappy »

In post 392, Saru wrote:You'll be in Kansas until next Saturday, right? That means you won't be focused on this game for a whole week. The deadline is in 9 days from now. Don't you think that calls for a replacement? Not even kidding. Not contributing for a whole week while you have a good amount of suspicion on you will either lead to a policy lynch or replacement. I really prefer the latter at the moment.
I'm sorry. I didn't meanI wouldn't be focused at all, I just meant Mafia isn't my
main
focus. I still expect to be active enough not to need a replacement.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by karnos »

In post 393, Dierfire wrote:
How many Mafia players did MechaGoomba say are in the game?
"because there aren't that many scum in the game"

I didn't say he said how many are in the game, he implied that he knows how many are in the game. I just find his wording a little but too specific. He could have said there are
probably
not that many scum, or he could have said
usually
there won't be that many scum, but instead he wrote as if he knows for a fact exactly how many scum are in the game. A slip, or arrogance? Probably the later, but I want to see what others think so I point it out.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by karnos »

In post 392, Saru wrote:You'll be in Kansas until next Saturday, right? That means you won't be focused on this game for a whole week. The deadline is in 9 days from now. Don't you think that calls for a replacement? Not even kidding. Not contributing for a whole week while you have a good amount of suspicion on you will either lead to a policy lynch or replacement. I really prefer the latter at the moment.
While kappy is barely posting because he is in Kansas, there are a number of player who have been posting even less, or not at all in the past few days. Why single him out?
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by karnos »

In post 385, MechaGoomba wrote: Karnos's mentions that Kappy was much more active on Wednesday. However, he then says that Kappy had more of a wagon then than he does now. This is wrong. Check GreyICE's ISO for the votecounts; the maximum wagon Kappy reached Wednesday was 3 players, and it disintegrated quickly. For most of the past few days, Kappy has had 4-5 players on his wagon.
I think you need to do some more re-reading, because you are putting words into my mouth that I didn't write.

"Almost sensing that he was only acting town long enough to break away from a wagon- of course
that didn't fully work
, as
he still has several votes to his name.
"

What exactly do you think I meant by "that didn't fully work"? What do you think I meant about "he still has several votes to his name"?

Fact: kappy had 3 votes to his name very quickly Wednesday, due to his randomish style of posting and vote jumping and self voting. Later that same day, he starting playing a bit more seriously, the majority of his wagon vanished, and for a time he was only being voted by a single player . That is what I was referring to. And then it seemed like kappy was satisfied, he didn't post as much useful content, and people re-upped their votes on him. I'm sorry if you misread my post, but I never said that kappy has a smaller wagon now.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by karnos »

VOTE: mechagoomba

Been near the top of my potential scum list for some time, and the last few interactions with him just gave me a bad vibe. Maybe this vote will just serve as an empty gesture, compared to the existing wagons, but I feel my prior vote is no longer serving a useful purpose.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”