Designer Mafia 2007 - Game Over, Final Scene Posted!

Did you enjoy the final scene?

Yes, I love it!
67%
No, this is boring...
22%
Comical stupidity option
11%

Total votes: 9

Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

hay guys whuts goin on in this thread.

vote mneme
[/b]
I have played and modded on other sites. Please notify me if there is an inexperience issue with my joining or modding games.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:03 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Post 45 is a bad post.
I have played and modded on other sites. Please notify me if there is an inexperience issue with my joining or modding games.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:11 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

foolinc wrote:
Thyroidectomy wrote:Post 45 is a bad post.
Please expand on this statement.
Why
is it a bad post.
No, I don't think I will, thanks. Next time wait for the player to react before you begin asking for explanations.

Also, as I almost forgot, I am selling tickets for a local Renaissance fair! Please quote this if you want to buy a ticket! I assure you I can help you if you help me! If we all go the fair, we can all enjoy the Renaissance!!!!!!
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:11 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

The first sentence of the above post sounds a bit condescending, sorry.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:00 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Anybody not buying tickets is highly suspect.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

It does have something to do with the game, obviously. You want the town to win don't you?
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:14 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

What kind of role is:
"Hay you are selling tickets if everybody buys a ticket you win!"

That's bad design.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:14 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Also, I know youdidn't use that example but I can guess that's what you're thinking.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:52 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

This Ren-Faire thing is suspect
okay. why?

I can guarentee those who sign up for the Renaissance Fair will profit.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:07 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Unvote Vote Schis

My role as a cult seems a bit dumb. It's a potentially swingy role that could end the game on night one. To be honest, would anybody be stupid enough to design that? Would MoS be stupid enough to put that into the game?

A "I keel you if you buy!!!!!" is also pretty silly. I doubt MoS would want his roles destroyed all in one night.

And let's face it, an alt win condition based around this is rather uncreative.

This benefits the town, I assure you. I am also town. BUYBUYBUYBUYBUY!!!!!!!!
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

I never said I was commenting on my vote, did I?
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:14 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

You know, thats the real townie thing to do.

Why?

Let me start by asking: do you believe it's always a townie thing to explain your votes? Do you believe scum are more likely to not explain their votes than townies are?
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:54 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Important Notice:

When I quote someone, I want a response only from them. I will blatantly ignore all other responses. Thanks!
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:27 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

I'll obviously still read them, silly. What I meant was that I wouldn't be answering them or arguing them.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:09 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

schis wrote:and why not?
When I quote someone, I want a response only from them
twomz wrote:For voting for no reason (non random)
Shocking that you've been here since 2005 and you still believe this is scummy. Frankly unless you can back up that voting without stating a reason at first is a scumtell (not explain why it may be, but with your experience why it is), I have a very hard time believing this is genuine.
and for being even more conceited than me (Hell, he might be as conceited as Jathan, ignore all other responses my ass).
Why shouldn't I ignore them?

Let me first state that I would love it if we all played that way, ignoring responses that answer for other players. I am eager to hear why you think this is a bad play.
In other news, Nocmen dodged my question. Makes me sad. ):
Unvote
Vote Nocmen

Has bought a ticket: mneme, Sirtornado, FaerieLord, somestrangeflea.
Is opposed to fair: ZONEACE, Bamboom, Nocmen, Shanba, BattleMage
No Comment: Jdodge, mole, stark, twomz, jediknight, kaleidoscope, foolinc, Aimee, Belgarion, schismatized (somewhat)
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:21 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Nocmen wrote:Ok thyroid, if you really want an answer to your questions, here you go.

If a townie really thinks someone is scum, they should explain their vote fully, aside from a certain few circumstances that would hurt the town more (ex. They would need to claim they are the cop on day 2 or something when the town is not anywhere near LyLo yet).

Scum are usually less likely to explain their votes because many times they are pushing people without much reasoning, just that they know they are not scum. This means that anything they say is BS, and if any of that is proven wrong then they are suspected of being scum.
Yes, your argument is a common one. I would agree with it, but there's something pretty important missing.

It can sometimes benefit the town by voting without giving a reason.

Sarc:
No, I'd rather not say. Of course the fair benefits me, seeing as I'm town. What uneccessary hostility do you get from me? If I was a cult recruiter, why wouldn't I wait until end game or a later time? Why would MoS include this role in the game? Do you honestly think that role could be balanced?
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:22 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Also, we are speaking on hypothetical terms because if you look at past games, I think you'll find scum do not make reasonless votes any more than townies do.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #17) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:23 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Said "sarc" when I meant "stark". forgive me.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

There's a lot to respond to- I'll get to that now.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:53 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Everyone asking- stop fishing. All I want to say is that it will be bad for the mafia and I want them not to expect what's coming to them.
With that kind of attitude, why should anyone respond to your questions and statements?
Because I am asking them directly. I will try to make an effort to only answer questions when they are adressed to me. Why is that a bad attitude? If we all did that, the game would go much smoother, with only the accused defending themselves.
Do you have something to hide?
Not at all. If I did, I wouldn't have let you all know.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:03 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

I really dont see this as true... Can you elaborate?
Very surprised schis, I thought that was your thing.

On a practical level, if we are into bandwagonning methodically, saying "this is a good wagon" is SO much easier than actually repeating the reason.
Also, sometimes players are bandwagonned for reasons that aren't exactly lynch worthy, or at least where I come from. Someone being wagonned for little reason or no reason is much more likely as scum to overreact and throw a hissy fit than for a reason that has been much more elaborated on. I can't name the number of times I've seen scum go "Yeah, you lynched me, but it was for a bad reason!". Given that, we can use this to our advantage. Scum tend to react better when you don't give a reason than when you do.

Secondly, I like to choose when to give analysis and post my reasoning and when not to. I haven't found what the perfect balance is, but few do as far as I know. Basically, if I think a reason isn't as strong as it could be, then I will also vote without giving a reason. This ties in strongly with my first point.

Finally, if you want to review and read over the thread, less is more. Clarity is important in mafia. Everybody knows who I want lynched when they read my posts.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:06 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

stark wrote:I can make a quote! Quote quote quote
1. Where is the hostility in those quotes?
2. What makes that hostility scummy?
In regards to why MoS would include such a role in the game: As you've said before, MoS isn't stupid. However, this doesn't mean that every role should be self-contained ballance. He's an intelligent mod, and I would guess with near certainty that he would put in roles to ballance out those as powerful as you might have.
However, we designed them, so something so specific like that wouldn't be included.

Also, including a role just to balance out another is bad design.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Not sure if you are aware stark, but you are quoting foolinc out of context. Please don't.

I'll answer your points when you correct said mistake.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Too add:

I don't do the work if you don't. I answered your points. They are in post 135. Do not accuse me of things, allow me to defend myself, and then ignore the defense and procede with accusing me of things.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Isn't the point of EVERY role to balance another role.

Right. Which is why making a role that deliberately balances out another role is bad design. The role should be balanced by all the other roles anyway.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

ZONEACE wrote: So lyncher/lynchee roles are bad design??? Roles where one of your goals is to find a specific player are bad design? cause there are MANY GAMES that have these types of roles. And i wouldn't go about calling the designers of those games Bad Designers.
Lyncher + Lynchee doesn't work. Nobody designs a role entitled "lynchee". That's too specific.

Likewise, nobody would be able to design a role specific enough to counter mine. My role did not exist while any counter would.
Thyroidectomy wrote:Do not accuse me of things, allow me to defend myself, and then ignore the defense and procede with accusing me of things.
Thats all well and good but your defense is moot because its non-existant. Trust me=/=a defense[/quote]

This is also out of context.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:21 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

What does that mean comrade. Explain. The only post by foolinc that is remotely related is 117. And even so, what's your point?

Foolinc's quotation had nothing to do with my Fair. It was about my attitude towards posts that answered for other people.

I firmly believe at this point you aren't reading the game.

Unvote
Vote stark

Plenty of games have had counter-roles. They've worked fine, comrade.

Is a "counter-role" reasonable for a role as specific as mine?

Out of context right now means that you are quoting something I am saying and, by leaving off a bit, changing the meaning. I'm not saying it's deliberate, but it's definately there.

I think there does need to be a specific counter role.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Also, to answer the "hostility bit".

No, I have not been hostile, as I implied with my question in post 135 (which you have ignored). The only time where I was being remotely hostile I apologized shortly after.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #28) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

schismatized wrote: Just clearing this up, so your vote has is still on me without any clarification as to why?

Wouldn't it have been easy to just explain yourself rather than start this whole debate on how unscummy your vote is?

vote: thyroidectemu

Just gimme some reason other than BS and I will unvote you.
"I'm not voting you, pay attention" is a good reason.

----------------------------

Trust me, I would claim it if I needed to. But I'll say it here:
If I do claim what the tickets do, it will significantly diminish the intended effect.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #29) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Lol, massive failure.
See, calling someone hostile then acting like this doesn't really work.

Yes, I'm asking you to trust me. Imagine, in a mafia game, someone with a role asks the town to trust them, as their effect is both confirmable and benefitial. Man, that's a crazy play, I don't remember that one before.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #30) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:45 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

I just realized how incredibly happy I am that my vote is on stark.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #31) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

How many people do you need?

Majority needs to attend the fair at one given night.
How long will it take to come into action?

The one night people are away at the fair.

I think the aspect of my role, or at least the aspect that makes it balanced, is the fact that I have to convince the town of this majority, but if I actually tell them what it does, the scum will be prepared for it as to minimize its effect greatly.

And I'm sure you could think of a scum role that could adequately prevent an expected event from occurring.

However, I was fairly certain that support would not be difficult to get, considering:
1. A role so game breaking that it can ruin the town in one night probably isn't going to be in the setup.
2. If my role isn't confirmed you can always lynch me later.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #32) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

you're not even trying are you.

:frown:
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #33) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:19 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

I think he just needs to convince half the town to buy those tickets and then wins the game.
Lol!

I haven't dodged questions, I have refused to answer them. Provide an example of the former please.

This wagon is horseshit for obvious reasons. This site doesn't impress me.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:22 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Also, let me guess this straight:

You all want to lynch me because I haven't clarified my role.

Okay, then aviod buying the tickets! Just ignore the fair! Judge me on my play, not an ability that you don't know will help the town or not (although I wish you did).

Wagonning won't produce any results, as I always put principle over a specific game.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:23 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

It is your job to make sure that it is used properly to best benefit the town.

ONCE AGAIN, IT WONT BENEFIT THE TOWN IF I CLAIM IT.

glarg
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #36) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:25 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

And you are going to have to give me a damn good reason why I should claim something that won't work if I claim it.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #37) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:27 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Thyroidectomy wrote:
It is your job to make sure that it is used properly to best benefit the town.

glarg
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #38) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:30 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

You miss the point. Why should I say anything else other than "hai gaiz bai mai tktz trust me" if anything else I say makes them not work
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #39) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:09 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Do you know what the Fair does?
Yep. In fact, I'll be perfectly willing to tell you all what happened after i get the tickets, if you know what I mean.

The effect is protown.

Also,
Unvote
Vote Schis

I find it doubtful that anyone would actually think we are influencing kscope's playstyle. Kscope always does the same shtick iirc. More like poisoning the well.

Also:
look what we have done. we let one person off the hook for voting with no given reason and then everyone thinks they can do it.

vote kaliedoscope
DIE SCUM

vote: jdodge
lol contradiction.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #40) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

ZONEACE wrote:if we're just gonna let him live then we definately shouldnt have anyone else buy the tickets, cause if he is evil we're jsut setting ourselves up to fail but having all the townies pile into the trap.

but i still say we lynch him.
Wasn't the point of letting me live was for me to use my ability?

It's hard to describe how awesome a Schis lynch would be. It would be awesome btw, especially considering he's advocating a lynch on someone he isn't even voting and yet still hasn't provided a reason for voting jdodge despite saying that you should always give a reason while voting.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #41) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

He claims to have some super powerful ability that will be very good for the town. Gives no explanation, and just says trust me. Its all very suspicious.

Hi. Can't wait until you manage to read past page five.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #42) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:50 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

A little bit on Foolinc:
Please expand on this statement. Why is it a bad post.
With that kind of attitude, why should anyone respond to your questions and statements? Do you have something to hide?

And I'll pass on the fair. They aren't really my thing. Now if you had tickets to a concert, then I'd be down.

Interesting. He clearly likes explanation, expansion, etc etc.

And yet:
I am not a fan of Thyroid's play, especially on the whole fair thing. Hopefully, some more pressure will clear this situation up.

Vote: Thyroid
Really? My bad.
I support this post.
Because Zoneace has an F in it.

Seriously, though I am thrown for a loop at Nocmen's role.
Just Smurfy.

All of his recent posts have been joke posts. His only vote had no explanation other than "let's pressure."
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #43) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:58 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

And you still haven't given a reason for your vote other than "lol y shuld we trst hm", which is a silly argument.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #44) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

That's irrelevant ZONEACE. We are talking about you're lack of thought, or at least thought that you have provided us.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #45) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

foolinc:
what do you think about shanba?
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #46) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:30 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Apologies for my absense, catching up.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #47) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

says you shouldn't have to explain your votes (necessarily scummy).

I don't see why arguing a specific point in mafia theory is "necessarily scummy". In fact, I don't understand why voting without explaining your votes is necessarily scummy, but that's probably another discussion.

Your vote on mneme seems a bit odd.

says you shouldn't have to explain your votes (necessarily scummy).
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #48) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

blah, somehow that got on the end of my post. What I meant to paste was:
I can't find any questions directed at me. Can someone point them out?
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #49) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:19 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

curiouskarmadog wrote: Thyro, can you tell us how many tickets you have sold currently and who have bought those tickets?
By my count:
Mneme
SirT
FaerieLord
SSF
Shanba
BattleMage
Belgarion
The mod doesn't actually count them until night.
if you don’t get a majority, nothing happens, right?
something like that.
If you don’t get a majority today, but tomorrow, you do, does “it” still work?
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to answer that question, so I'll wait to do so.
Also, I have a question. Is the effect that is helpful to the town something that can be built to over time, or does it have to be acheived on one single day (can the tickets be purchased over time by different people to help the town or for the effect to be beneficial do a certain number of people have to buy them all the same day)

The goal is to use this ability tonight.

Why the mass of question marks?
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (isolation #50) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:20 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

I'll again note that schis has voted a player without providing a reason. He also is directing the cop.

Go figure.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #51) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

If we have a doc amidst us, thyroid should be the first to get investigated.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #52) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

jediknight wrote:I'm still here...just not alot to add.

As for the meeping in the role i suggested. I'm not sure how much I can say. It was a post restriction and there was a tie in to his name being said. There was also a night restriction related to his name being said. I don't want to say too much in case i'm saying too much! lol
You haven't made a vote all game. Any ideas?
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #53) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:48 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Definately not all of us should say it. We should vote for those who do. Or, we could just use it as an extra lynch.

Nocmen.

I need a majority.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #54) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

JDodge wrote:
Unvote, vote: Nocmen

Twomz can wait
That's a terrible vote.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #55) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:29 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

I read the thread three times and I still can't see how a Nocmen lynch is necessary right now.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (isolation #56) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:30 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Also, I need more tickets. Thanks.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (isolation #57) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:50 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Sir Tornado wrote:
Thyroidectomy wrote:Also, I need more tickets. Thanks.
vote thyroidectomy

You agreed to stop advertizing tickets till you are confirmed town. Why do you insist on dragging everyone back to ticket issue? Can't you give it a rest for a few days?
I understood that I would stop "advertizing" if people actually bought them. Otherwise, there's no other reason for me to be alive right now, especially, since the town is going to go the stupid route and lynch Nocmen.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (isolation #58) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:05 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

somestrangeflea wrote:
JDodge wrote:
schismatized wrote:
Thyroidectomy wrote:Also, I need more tickets. Thanks.
vote thyroid

also, he needs more death.
Nocmen needs death more

it's funny 'cause i just rearranged your words and replaced "he" with "Nocmen"
And replaced "also" with "".

I agree with Schismatized.

Confirm Vote: Thyroid
, because of his continuing marketing attempts...
it's funny because you think you are a useful player.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (isolation #59) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:05 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Pretty sure we should be voting Schis right now.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #60) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Jdodge- You are not catching three scum on day one. Please sharpen your focus, or better, explain to us why Nocmen needs to die
today
, instead of a more informative lynch.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (isolation #61) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

ZONEACE wrote:
Thyroidectomy wrote: instead of a more informative lynch.
like, perhaps, you.
The reason why I'm not being lynched is that it wouldn't be informative, but since you aren't paying attention you can skip this and the next eighty posts.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (isolation #62) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Something just occurred to me- we might not be able to track all of our roles, because MoS allowed replacements to design, some of whom aren't replacing anymore.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (isolation #63) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:24 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Uhm, nobody had bought tickets at this point, so how can everybody be highly suspect?
You really think that had a serious intention? That I was essentially saying everyone was suspect?
I only have one vote, you know.
These posts are intimidating and almost extortional, and esentially amount to "If you do not buy my tickets, you are scum. So, ZONEACE, why aren't you buying my tickets?"
Of course they were extortional. I intended them to be. I wanted people to buy tickets.

It's the equivalent of fritzler threatening someone when they don't wagon with him. I'm sure a player with your experience has been exposed to a fair share of early stage "extortion".
Uhm, I can think of 2 people who could:
1. The player who designed your role.
2. The mod.
1. Why would a player design a role so powerful it needed a counter in the game? This isn't a lyncher-lynchee scenario here.
2. What a terrible and boring mod.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (isolation #64) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:25 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

I think I've laid out my reasons for voting schis. I will continue to vote him until something else pops up.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (isolation #65) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:57 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

somestrangeflea wrote: If you're going to be sarcastic, make it very, very,
very
obvious. If not, you're going to have to deal with everyone taking everything you say seriously.

In short, "Yes".
What do I have to benefit from suspecting everyone?

If someone suspects you for something, isn't the proper response to reply?

This is the first time I have been acused of "extortion" in this manner. Why did nobody else reply when I threw suspicion on them?
Not necessarily true
but that's another argument and irrelevant, IMO...
If I want to show suspicion on someone, I'll do so. If you look through my posts, I'm 80% sure you won't find a single fos there. That was my point.

Please, design me a role that counteracts "you need to get the majority of people to buy tickets then you win haha!!!"
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (isolation #66) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:58 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Design that role and make it compelling for MoS to accept. That's my point: you can design any ridiculous role that counters anything, but you have to make it work.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (isolation #67) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:00 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

And even more peculiar, ssf, is that you seemed to have been extorted into buying a ticket. I'm not quite sure how to reconcile that.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (isolation #68) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:21 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Am I doing it right?
No, you are not. Since the only way for the ticket seller to win is to advertise his tickets, you are including a role in the setup which exists for the sole reason to lynch the ticket seller.
It seemed like a good idea at the time... ='(
Yeah, not sure I buy that.

Twomz: I'm merely defending myself.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (isolation #69) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:44 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

I suck at balancing games, but why does this matter? In terms of your role in this game, how does the fact that I find it difficult to come up with a role to balance out a similar role which you have made up actually matter?
Obviously, your inability to make a reasonable counter role has to do with the fact that there isn't a reasonable counter role. So yeah, this is pretty much a challenge to all of you great designers who signed up for this game.

YOU are using the argument that there could be a counter role to my role- I'm asking for an example.
nobody would be able to design a role specific enough to counter mine.
I stand by this. You have failed to provide an example for a role that works.
This is exactly why I'm finding him suspicious. If the PR is for the purpose of gaining an ability, he has already failed, at least for today, and thus has no reason to continue trying to earn it.
Not only is this not true, but it makes absolutely no sense. Were you thinking this through when you wrote it?
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (isolation #70) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Both of those roles counter mine, sure. They also counter every role action that has ever existed ever. So no, it is not a specific counter to my role.

And you can't say "you're wrong, here's why, oh and by the way shut up we have important things to do!!!!"
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (isolation #71) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:53 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Here is how this argument went:

"Any role that wins the game like that would not be accepted."
"There could be a counter role."
"Oh yeah? Show me one that would work."
"How is this relevant? Get me back to the game!"
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (isolation #72) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:11 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

A powerful role like yours can be accepted if there is an equally powerful power-stripper like plaguemonster or Steve.
Not really.

This argument is about my role hypothetically existing if there's a power matcher to block it. Including a role that strips someone's ability does not balance the ability of winning once you gets all of the tickets, because this ability can be won on day one. Meanwhile, if the role wins and is removed from the game, the blocker role will go on to be incredibly powerful.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (isolation #73) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

ZONEACE wrote:Ok I'm going back on my word. I'm going back to agressively pushing for Thyroids lynch.

Please let us rid ourselves of his prescence.
I have yet to see someone who actually likes it when you play mafia games.

you must be the best. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (isolation #74) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

This is BAD LOGIC
That's not what logic is.
then saying that we won the argument, now lets get back to the game.
You haven't won an argument if you don't allow for a response. That's also bad mafia.

Regardless, that isn't the point. You decided to "get back to the game" after you challenged me.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (isolation #75) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Schis is acting as he always does as town
God, you're joking.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (isolation #76) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:51 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

It's amazing, so many pages with such little worth.

schis needs to be lynched; I don't care who you think is scum.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (isolation #77) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

It's time for some fucking respect 8)

You can kill zoneace now please.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (isolation #78) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:06 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

not helpful.

The best scumhunter in the game isn't even playing, but I shall follow his lead regardless.
Vote ZONEACE
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (isolation #79) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Sir Tornado wrote:Did we go to Ren Faire? I thought he did not sell enough tickets for it.
ding. Way to pay attention. tickets don't accumulate either.

Shanba: quit stalling and kill zoneace. Thanks.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (isolation #80) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:27 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Kill somebody please.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (isolation #81) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Shanba, executing Nocmen after being assured he was town, and even then to put Oman in your execution list, is highly, highly suspect. In fact, it reminds me a bit of pj's performance in Kingmaker II
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (isolation #82) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

1. I did not say Nocmen was confirmed.
2. PetroleumJelly was a player in Kingmaker Two, which can be found in Theme Park.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (isolation #83) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

So unless Shanba wants to volunteer to execute himself, who would you like to see killed, Thyroid?
I think it's perfectly valid for me to criticize the king. While I have supported Shanba through this whole game, I feel he is doing a terrible job as king.

Who do I want to kill? Two people.

First is ZONEACE, for his general apathetic attitude, his lack even paying a bit of attention to schis, and his bumbling right before my lynch.

The second is the author of this post:
stark, a bit later wrote:Well done sir.

Go for it.

I was on the Nocmen wagon, but seeing this has convinced me.
This is indicating scum for me.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (isolation #84) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

So does anybody want to look through my posts and prove to ZONEACE why he needs to go back to elementary school? I'm a bit too frustrated by his inability to read right now.

Also, I find it fascinating that his argument "why isn't he advertising them today" is the exact opposite he tried to use before, "why is he continuing to advertise them today".

Contradictions reveal. Those you seek to lynch; do.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (isolation #85) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

I feel sorry for the sap who trusted shanba.

he could be scum with either sarc or zoneace.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (isolation #86) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Also, since I don't have the chance now, the reason why I'm not advertising the tickets is because I don't have to (the effect lasts the whole game, and renews every day), and because people told me not to. I haven't clarified this yet because I hoped ZONEACE would read the game and my posts where I have
already said this
, but he obviously is scum, so we don't have to worry about that.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (isolation #87) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

ZONEACE wrote:
Thyroidectomy wrote:Also, since I don't have the chance now, the reason why I'm not advertising the tickets is because I don't have to (the effect lasts the whole game, and renews every day), and because people told me not to. I haven't clarified this yet because I hoped ZONEACE would read the game and my posts where I have
already said this
, but he obviously is scum, so we don't have to worry about that.
you are clearly retarded.

end of the story.
Do you honestly believe anybody cares about you anymore? Stop posting until we kill you tomorrow.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (isolation #88) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Ren Faire was somehow related to Shanba being King
No.

Vote ZONEACE
, obviously. I'd be willing to consider shanba as well.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (isolation #89) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Thyroid

LIAR!
That would make perfect sense if that made sense.

Why would I advertise tickets to the town to get an ability that does not harm the town, and then lie about it afterwards to someone who is hinting at a role ability?

The brains. Use them.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (isolation #90) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

:roll:

multiple abilities. I did target shanba. I won't say whether it made him king right now.

But as I did not get a majority as I claimed it would, I am either a liar, and I have no reason to lie about this (as it is a protown ability), or you are wrong.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1150 (isolation #91) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Belgarion wrote: why havent you answered all of the questions regarding you today?
Where were these posted?
Can you still sale tickets?
Yes.
Why did you say that the Fair (and I assume your role) had nothing to do with Shanba becoming King, then when UA called you out, you said you would not comment at this time if targetting Shanba made him kill? Why wont you comment?
No. You don't understand at all. I did target Shanba last night. The Ren Fair still has nothing to do with it.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (isolation #92) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

I'd prefer not to if I still don't have to. There are a lot of tricks up my sleeve, and I'd rather here a good solid reason of why this theory makes sense before I spill them.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (isolation #93) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Guys Guys,

JDodge killed Nocmen.

Discuss.[/quote]

The idiocy of this post is incredible. Kudos.

I'm not going to vote Jdodge for obvious reasons.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1168 (isolation #94) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:42 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Know something we don't, Thyroid?
How many role abilities do you think I have, exactly?

I don't have to know anything about the situation to come up with a solid reason why Kscope's claim was horrendous.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1171 (isolation #95) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:01 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Well, I don't think the claim was bad, I just don't like the idea of him outing someone who's just as likely to be vig as scum.
I didn't want to say it, but now that it has been said I might as well.

Jdodge is likely to be a vig. I cannot conceive scum Jdodge killing Nocmen. Kscope is likely to be another power role. I don't think Kscope would have claimed that if he was scum (he tends to be a rather safe scum player.) By Kscope outing himself, he's put two nightkill targets on two possible power roles when it was entirely unecessary, and made it possible for Jdodge to be lynched. (hint: he shouldn't.)

Here's an extremely obvious situation to any vig who isn't Jdodge: Shoot him tonight, as you now know that he's scum.

But I don't think that will happen, because I believe Jdodge to be a vig, if we have one.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (isolation #96) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

the silent speaker wrote: Thyroid's reaction to the outing of JDodge is just all kinds of wrong. I submit for your perusal:
Thyroidectomy wrote:Jdodge is likely to be a vig. I cannot conceive scum Jdodge killing Nocmen.
Kscope is likely to be another power role.
I don't think Kscope would have claimed that if he was scum (he tends to be a rather safe scum player.) By Kscope outing himself, he's put two nightkill targets on two possible power roles when it was entirely unecessary, and made it possible for Jdodge to be lynched. (hint: he shouldn't.)
Scope claimed knowledge of Nocmen's killer not from information gleaned in game. He claimed knowledge of the poison pill part of Nocmen's role because
he designed it
. The only person here attaching targets to people's backs is Thyroid.
This is entirely inconsistent with my previous unwillingness to talk of this and therefore indicates you read this post in isolation.
Thyroid also suggested that any non-JDodge vigs should target him tonight because they know he's lying. BZZZZT. WRONG. Any vigs we have have no assurance that they're the only vig in the game.
We have three courses of action with Jdodge:
1. Lynch Jdodge. This is because we believe him to be scum.
2. Vig Jdodge. If there isn't another vig out there, Jdodge won't die, and it increases the likelihood that Jdodge is the vig.
3. Allow Jdodge to live.

I don't like the third option because I don't want a bad vig alive, and I don't like the first option because I don't think Jdodge is scum.

So I am not "BZZZT WRONG." How very eloquent anyway!
Schism, known scum, tried to direct cops to Thyroid. This was doubtless in part due to wanting to sniff out who the cops were, but it may suggest that Thyroid is a GF as well (scum due to the above, turns up innocent because Schism wanted him checked) or he may be of another family

I was on the lynch wagon for schis and was the first on the wagon. Do you honestly believe he was in any position to direct cops to me?
At any rate, it's another link between Thyroid and known scum.
Ah, good old fashion word tricks. This implies there are other links to known scum, when there aren't even anymore known scum! Tricky, tss, but not good enough.

FoS: TSS
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1222 (isolation #97) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:23 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

fairly certain we should kill zoneace atp
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (isolation #98) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:44 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

sorry, I'm here, I'm reading.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1377 (isolation #99) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:41 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

There really isn't much I can do here.

1. I've made my case for ZONEACE.
2. I've made the case against Jdodge.
3. I can no longer advertise my tickets, because I am suddenly threatened by a lynch when I do. Strangely, because of that, ZONEACE "believes" I'm scum.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1379 (isolation #100) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

/sigh

If the majority buys the tickets, all scum actions will be blocked the next night. I don't know if this includes the mafiakill.

Obviously, you can see why I would have rather done it earlier than later, and why I wish I could have caught the mafia by surprise.

So, if you want the mafia to be down a night, please buy tickets.

Now please lynch ZONEACE.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1384 (isolation #101) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Sir Tornado wrote: Thyroid, on D1, you mentioned that your abilities won't work if mafia knew about it. Care to explain why?
Complete and utter hyperbole on my part, but it was based on truth. Imagine if the mafia has one-shot abilities, or if they plan a big event on a night. Now they have much greater forsight. My ability can be devastating; now, it no longer is (although I suppose implementing your strategy is pretty effective.)

I did target shanba, but I am not prepared to claim what it was, as there is absolutely no reason for me to do so. Well, there is, but "because UA wants it" is not compelling enough.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (isolation #102) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Thyro how many times can we block mafia? Does it only work one night?
Once; yes.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1408 (isolation #103) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Twomz wrote:Sorry for double post...

@ Thyroid: Why would the mafia use one shot abilities blindly on Day 1 anyway? You don't make any sense man.
Your question makes no sense. Nowhere did I even mention the phrase "Day 1" or "blindly".

SiRT: No.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (isolation #104) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Checking now.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (isolation #105) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Twomz wrote:
Belgarion wrote:checking in, Twomz do you want to do then? Do a round of BWs? Buy tickets then no lynch?

Here is an idea, how about everyone posts a case of who they think is scum?
I'm assuming that's what do you want to do then. And the answer is discuss something, anything really. Any posting is better than no posting. And no, I don't really trust thyroids ability, I'm just more wary of Jdodge's claim and would rather lynch him.

And I've already done that. If I had to do a scum list it would be JDodge then Thyroid for reasons I've already stated more than once.

It would be nice if we could get a post out of everyone before the deadline gets too close...
If you really are silly enough to believe I'm lying, than at least you should let me sell tickets, than lynch me, obviously.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1425 (isolation #106) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

I can't get an answer if the mod's away.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1435 (isolation #107) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Yes, I can block the mafia kill.
Twomz wrote:If I don't believe you, why in the name of sour cream and onion Pringles would I buy a ticket?

And I don't care about if the other people buy tickets, if they believe you it's up to them to buy a ticket.
Please use your brain. If I'm lying, you can confirm me by testing me.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (isolation #108) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

This is not the way you buy Ren-Fair tickets people.

I have already voiced my opposition to the wagon. Why is it necessary that we lynch Jdodge?
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (isolation #109) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:03 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

So why aren't we directing Jdodge's next kill?
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (isolation #110) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

I got to counting all of the people who posted saying they wanted a ticket. Then I got bored.

I will post more very soon.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1555 (isolation #111) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:23 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Apparently the mod counted my ability even though I didn't told him if we had a majority or not. Guess he had other things on his mind.

Vote ZONEACE

reading up
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (isolation #112) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:23 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Tell him rather
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (isolation #113) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:26 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

-I believe my ability went off. I assume the mod's lack of comment on it was a sign that it was a success
-I have not been informed of any red shirt.
-Still reading up
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1624 (isolation #114) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

/sigh

Of course I drop this game. Give me some time to read up.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1711 (isolation #115) » Fri May 09, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

working on it
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1730 (isolation #116) » Tue May 13, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Let's look at Kison's in game accomplishments:

1. He switched from Oman to me to SirT in 4 posts.
2. Is now on ZONEACE, who I agree is the easy scum target (read Mafia 70).
3. Most of his posts either consist of confusion, votes, or weak/incoherent statements.
4. I know I have no right to say this, but general lurkiness also seems to plague Kison.

Is he eligible for a scummy yet?

Unvote
Vote Kison
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1753 (isolation #117) » Wed May 14, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

PBuG wrote: Thyroid is giving off icky vibes, he claims good posts are bad and votes w/o reasoning. The tickets are weird too.
Hypothetical Vote Thyroid
Hilarious. You should be on stage.

I believe thefonz to be thoroughly town. I would switch to TSS, but I wub my wittle Kison vote so much.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1756 (isolation #118) » Wed May 14, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

ZONEACE wrote:
armlx wrote:
Thyroidectomy wrote:
PBuG wrote: Thyroid is giving off icky vibes, he claims good posts are bad and votes w/o reasoning. The tickets are weird too.
Hypothetical Vote Thyroid
Hilarious. You should be on stage.

I believe thefonz to be thoroughly town. I would switch to TSS, but I wub my wittle Kison vote so much.
Thyroid, he's basing this on the first 10 pages, no need to act so offended. It's not actually scummy, but you will be a better player if you didn't react like that. Its something people can and will attack in later games under false pretenses and you will get lynched for it at least once.

why wait for later games, this one seems like a good place to start.
Have you ever considered joining PBug's troupe?

armlx: Thanks, but derision is more fun.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1766 (isolation #119) » Wed May 14, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

The tickets accumulate
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1811 (isolation #120) » Sun May 18, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

I made a very big mistake with my role pm. I checked with the mod: my tickets aren't cumulative as I thought they were. Apparently the text that suggested that to me was just flavor.
PBuG wrote:Thyroid, I posted my notes from the first 10 pages, and you were being scummy as hell. I'm guessing something significant happens that I haven't read yet.
1. I used to also post my initial notes when I read a game. Then I realized my notes were poorly done, because they were
notes
. Mafia requires more thought.

2. You seem to be one of those players who believe unexplained votes are a "scumtell." "Scumtells" are particularly dreadful inventions which don't explain why an action is scummy, only identify it as an action commonly used as scum. It's a subtle difference, but there are at least three mafia discussion threads addressing the issue. Essentially, scumtells have become meaningless because no one bothers to discuss the reasons behind them.

Even if the above isn't the case, specifically to this game:

Describe to me why "voting without reasoning" is scummy in this situation? Do you believe all information should be disclosed in a mafia game?

"he claims good posts are bad". So a difference of opinion justifies me being "scummy as hell?"

Why do you think the hostility has no reasoning behind it?

Why would the "tickets be strange"? Isn't it obvious it would be role related?

What exactly makes 609 "LOL" worthy?

3. Your notes seriously sound like you checked the game briefly before making them. If so, why would you want to corrupt your initial reactions?
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1812 (isolation #121) » Sun May 18, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

The implications of that obviously means my ability didn't go off last night (which is why the mod didn't confirm it.) :/
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2981 (isolation #122) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Simenon wrote:bah. BAH
BAH!
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3134 (isolation #123) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Thyroidectomy »

And in the end, nobody went to see a Renaissance Fair. :(

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”