New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 5:21 am

Post by Titus »

In post 599, Sekirei wrote:@Magna, I am not recalling ETL drawing scum in a game I am in. We had not played together for awhile. I made a reference to Street Racers London when ETL made a reference to always being right. I think it was the original Street Racers where I drew scum (as Hannibal). I will meta dive ETL.

@All, I don't think I am ever voting for Ircher despite his weird sheeping of me because a) Ircher reminds me of Borderlands Dwelee and b) I have reservations of every voter on the Ircher wagon besides Persivul that is separate from their vote on Ircher. Does that mean they're all scum? Highly unlikely but Ircher is very much a scum driven wagon.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 5:22 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ok ... diving on my own then.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Titus »

Yeah the closest things I could find were ETL subbing in after my scum lynch and a mirco game.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 5:51 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 575, Aneninen wrote:
In post 516, TehBrawlGuy wrote:I could've just said nothing and been able to jump on them if I wanted to. I did want to potentially vote either of them down the line. I thought it read like SvS. I still think it reads like SvS. No shit I'm going to want to vote people I think could be Scum.
I've lost the thread. What felt like Scum-vs-Scum?
The initial stats discussion between Ircher and Shotty. It felt like artificial, forced conflict rather than genuine. Their interactions still feel off to me.
In post 569, Aneninen wrote:
In post 509, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 233, Titus wrote:I am just going to be on the biggest of TBG Copper and Shotty. I like all three wagons. Normally that doesn't happen.
I dislike this a lot. Reads as Scum who wants to avoid spearheading one particular lynch to me. The townie version of this post is like "I'll support XXX, YYY, and ZZZ wagons. I think YYY wagon is the best right now though".
Are you hoping that a Titus-wagon will suddenly gain momentum?
Not particularly, no. I scumread him but he's not in my top 3, as you can see in the reads list I posted. Additionally, a lot of my read on him is relative to Ircher/Shotty. Scumflips from either of them would make me more sure on Titus, and less if they're Town. I'd rather see them die first - they're scummy on their own and help me read Titus.
In post 596, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 516, TehBrawlGuy wrote:I could've just said nothing and been able to jump on them if I wanted to. I did want to potentially vote either of them down the line. I thought it read like SvS. I still think it reads like SvS. No shit I'm going to want to vote people I think could be Scum.
Didn’t you just knock Titus in as scummy for leaving her options open to jump to different lynches? Because I read this response as being exactly what you are damning Titus for.

Why do you think the early exchange is Scum versus scum? Please elaborate.
No, you misunderstand me. I don't think it's scummy to say "here are the three lynches I support". I think it's scummy to say "here are the three lynches I support, I'll be on whatever's biggest" rather than "here are the three lynches I support, and I currently prefer _____ Lynch". The former says to me that you don't have any actual scumreads, because if you did, one would naturally be the most appealing for some reason.

The whole "you're dead" thing and the stats discussion coming off each other are both pretty dumb, and the stats discussion comes from nowhere. It reads to me like they wanted to distance early D1, and after the daykill thing started to lose steam they had to come up with something else, and that spawned the stats argument. Go read the first 5 pages and tell me that Ircher/Shotty don't fit the description of two scum who decided on a hard distance gambit.
In post 577, Aneninen wrote:Also, I doubt scum-Ircher would go on with those hard-to read ISOs after the general dislike he got from almost everyone because of them.

What do you all think of this?
I disagree. I think if he had stopped after we said it wasn't going to give him townpoints, it would have been a clear indication he was only doing it for townpoints.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 5:54 am

In post 212, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:EBWOP: to clarify - i only got through about 4 people in pre-game rsearch before i got bored, and shotty's tell was the most solid, so i ISO'd him to see if it was here, and it is.
Who else did you meta research?

Have you ever done this as Town before?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:03 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 594, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I don’t like this because ETL is experienced enough to easily be able to look this up without prompting. Yet he / she (yeah, no gender indication in profile … so not going to assume) is happy to just assume away. Inside info leaking out subconsciously perhaps?
I assumed no daytalk because Titus' posts to Ircher looked like in-game coaching. I think that's pretty clear... like.. THAT is where the assumption came from... yet you somehow come up with some cockamamey roundabout explanation that I
must
have known such-and-such.. ya know, despite the fact that
I do not play Normals, ever
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:04 am

Also I'm a she, but it doesn't matter either way and I don't care what pronoun you use.
Art is cool.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:10 am

Post by Titus »

@TBG, The whole stats as distancing thing is very moonlogicky. It implies daychat which also shouldn't happen unless the mod implied daychat could happen via encryptor. Second, I doubt the wagon is massive distancing given the vote patterns unless the scumteam planned a bus at the outset.

The "prefer" lynch is actually scummier. By saying my vote will be on the largest, it's saying I have no preference. It's a common scum tactic to scumread a buddy but always prefer to be elsewhere.

@ETL, Look at Borderlands. K the. Bye. Telling someone to stop being an accidental hindrance =/ coaching and that's a hell of a stretch to say it is.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:23 am

In post 605, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I assumed no daytalk because Titus' posts to Ircher looked like in-game coaching. I think that's pretty clear... like.. THAT is where the assumption came from... yet you somehow come up with some cockamamey roundabout explanation that I must have known such-and-such.. ya know, despite the fact that I do not play Normals, ever.
1. Are you incapable of doing research? You’ve presented that you are a competent player. The first time I had the “What are the Normal standards on MS” since I returned this year I immediately went the Wiki to actually look at the Normal standards. Pretty obvious course of action I think. Yet you are leaning on “I don’t player Normals” pretty damn hard.

Yet you immediately jump to the conclusion that Titus was coaching without any flips to make that assessment based on. Personally I can completely see Town Titus telling whatever alignment Ircher to stop dry-humping her leg if that’s what she felt he was doing. Yet that didn’t even cross your mind.

You’ve made several huge leaps of faith, one of which requires you to reverse your “Ircher is Newbtown” stance, to get to Titus and Ircher are scumbuddies and Titus is coaching. Leaps I don't see as following a logical thought process.

2. Can you point me to a game where a coaching accusation ever panned out? Because I don’t ever recall one.
In post 603, TehBrawlGuy wrote:No, you misunderstand me. I don't think it's scummy to say "here are the three lynches I support". I think it's scummy to say "here are the three lynches I support, I'll be on whatever's biggest" rather than "here are the three lynches I support, and I currently prefer _____ Lynch". The former says to me that you don't have any actual scumreads, because if you did, one would naturally be the most appealing for some reason.

The whole "you're dead" thing and the stats discussion coming off each other are both pretty dumb, and the stats discussion comes from nowhere. It reads to me like they wanted to distance early D1, and after the daykill thing started to lose steam they had to come up with something else, and that spawned the stats argument. Go read the first 5 pages and tell me that Ircher/Shotty don't fit the description of two scum who decided on a hard distance gambit.
1. I think you are specifically splitting hairs on what is and what isn’t a Townie way to present suspicion of multiple players.

2. Your serious contention is that scum-partners in a Large game decided that the best course of action Day 1 is to immediately come into the thread and hard distance with frankly stupid content (fake daykill and stats argument are both dumb). With the end effect being at least 1 (and maybe more) players thought it was obvious distancing?

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:27 am

In post 604, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 212, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:EBWOP: to clarify - i only got through about 4 people in pre-game rsearch before i got bored, and shotty's tell was the most solid, so i ISO'd him to see if it was here, and it is.
Who else did you meta research?

Have you ever done this as Town before?
the first 4 alphabetically. I usually copy the list into excel and type notes but I get bored quickly. and yes I have done it before, when I don't have anything else to do and I'm excited about playing another game.

P edit yes I've seen and used coaching evidence to catch scum before. no I don't remember which of my 70+ games that happened in. it also especially applies to Titus.

and as far as reading the wiki I don't give a shit. I didn't feel like digging in the wiki while I was at work. you seem to think these are scum points, so you should vote me. I don't really care to continue this with you as I've got better things to do like ISO people and catch scum.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:29 am

although magma is probably scum trying to move the focus off Titus and richer and onto me. that rarely works out well, just so you know :]
Art is cool.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:35 am

In post 610, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:although magma is probably scum trying to move the focus off Titus and richer and onto me. that rarely works out well, just so you know :]
So now I can be added to your "Scum with Titus and Ircher" pool. Gotcha.

You must have me mistaken for someone who sees scum motivated play, scum-hunts said player, and backs off when an "Appeal to Proficiency" is dropped. You should probably know that doesn't work out well for scum :D

TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:42 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 608, MagnaofIllusion wrote:[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p7940280]

2. Your serious contention is that scum-partners in a Large game decided that the best course of action Day 1 is to immediately come into the thread and hard distance with frankly stupid content (fake daykill and stats argument are both dumb). With the end effect being at least 1 (and maybe more) players thought it was obvious distancing?
I have personally done that, and on more than one occasion. It looks a lot like this.

Besides, even if you disregard their interactions with each other, I think they're both individually scummy.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:46 am

In post 612, TehBrawlGuy wrote:I have personally done that, and on more than one occasion. It looks a lot like this.
Links please.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Titus »

Hey magna, You should totally join me on Cy.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:51 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 575, Aneninen wrote:
In post 514, Egg wrote:Anen, you sound like you want to scum read drmy but are hesitant to do so. Can you elaborate on your drmy read?
In a nutshell: the scummiest points are his (those guesses made very little sense
and
he assumed a third party) and the way he misrepresented ETL (that happened many times). I'm hesitant because I saw his scumgame not so long ago and it was entirely different; he was much more "cautious" and produced much less content.
I've lost the thread. What felt like Scum-vs-Scum?
In post 530, Titus wrote:Cy is scum for the same reasons Copper is. Only Cy's trajectory is worse.
Has Cy had a trajectory at all?
I think again that you're wrong about Copper. What do you think of my reasoning posted at the end of my ?

TheBrawl, . Let's say, that's a readlist which may be genuine. But there are things I don't get.
Are you townreading Titus because of her interactions with Shotty and Ircher?
Is Copper a townread of yours?
Also, something different. What do you think of that quickwagon happened on CyTheFlyGuy?
In post 535, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Its.
Fucking.
Null.

All it tells me, is that the people on his wagon, are a bunch of lazy motherfuckers, or scum, or both.
I wouldn't call Cy null, but that wagon was indeed scummy. But I don't think more than two scums jumped on it. Most likely, only one.
In post 544, cytheflyguy wrote:Soooooo tomorrow I will have better connection to the internet. I see that I am causing contoversy MUHAHAHAHA. Like I'm town. I do think Icher is scum and I had nothing to say to add to the conversation. I do agree that the wagon for me is kinda a cop out. Not really because it's me but because you're going for the lazy people and not the people who really are scum like.
Who's scum then?
In post 551, Nosferatu wrote:So, I know that I haven't had much of a presence, but did we not see seth literally claim mafia goon?
I don't think he claimed, but I do think the whole post was Information instead of Analysis.
I'm glad this topic's back. Everyone seem to forget about Seth!
In post 559, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 184, copper223 wrote:@Seth
I see, no I meant that as mafia you would be happy to see
my flip
so it would be doubly funny if town bought your argument that copper should be lynched for being an arrogant prick, cause you get one up over me
and
over town.

This said your statement still doesn't make sense because you can't be an SK and a mafia goon at the same time.
:?
?
In post 560, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:fuckin A man... i just read Seth's ISO and it just sounds like newbiespeak but it really also sounds like newbiescumslippingspeak too.

all of you are scum i swear to god
Or he's indeed scum.
In post 572, Expedience wrote: Shotty seems very town to me, like his posts are completely unfiltered. Especially in RVS he seemed genuine.

mostly.

Killthestory is such scum, holy shit. I actually thought about this and I want to vote him over copper. Copper is still scum but some of his posts make me slightly uneasy.
I still disagree with these. What does a genuine RVS look like?
Lowell's is null.
As for Killthestory's / I don't think it's a tell. Either trolling or he indeed forgot to check his PM (or to read it thoroughly. Oh, how many times has this happened to me...)
To the part addressed to me, I do think that Icher is scum, as stated before. But I think Copper is even more sus, imo. I admit I am/was lazy and I plan on changing that lol. This is just so damn overwhelming and something I need to get used to xD.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:57 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 613, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 612, TehBrawlGuy wrote:I have personally done that, and on more than one occasion. It looks a lot like this.
Links please.
I'm not going to go back through 4 years of games on my homesite to link you.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 7:06 am

In post 611, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 610, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:although magma is probably scum trying to move the focus off Titus and richer and onto me. that rarely works out well, just so you know :]
So now I can be added to your "Scum with Titus and Ircher" pool. Gotcha.

You must have me mistaken for someone who sees scum motivated play, scum-hunts said player, and backs off when an "Appeal to Proficiency" is dropped. You should probably know that doesn't work out well for scum :D
pretty sure I never told you to back off. In fact the record shows I said tou should vote me if you think I'm scum. there's nothing scum motivated in my play. it's literally impossible due to my actual alignment.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 7:10 am

egg is also scum. his ISO does NOT look like town, whoever asked me that. it looks like scum trying to appease people and avoid rocking the boat.
Art is cool.
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 7:11 am

Post by heuristically_alone »

In post 422, cytheflyguy wrote:Lynch me if you want. I can be more use later. Right now I'll just be a potato and see how the votes go
This is so scummy
In post 425, cytheflyguy wrote:Oh lol, more votes on me. Idk what to say in my defense so I'll just wait for someone more scummy to say something later on, which seems to be a common theme in these games
And a terrible defense.

@copper I'd say 80% chance of scum. (Hard to really come up with percentage. What I mean is most likely scum but still not super close to 100% certain)
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 7:12 am

and VOTE: cytheflyguy
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 7:13 am

In post 530, Titus wrote:Cy is scum for the same reasons Copper is. Only Cy's trajectory is worse.
Can you explain what you mean here, please?
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Killthestory »

meming around at the speed of sound
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 8:02 am

Post by zakk »

In post 406, heuristically_alone wrote:
In post 366, cytheflyguy wrote:I have read nothing and everything at the same time. Ircher seems most scum atm so I'll go with him for now

VOTE: Ircher
Your laziness has earned you scum points according to my scum points book
In post 388, Titus wrote:Read his two posts.
In post 389, zakk wrote:
In post 387, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:how is cy the top wagon with only 2 posts?
have you read the posts?
Both Titus and Zakk replied the same thing. I know this should be a null read, but I'm gut reading both Titus and Zakk as town for the moment.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: cytheflyguy
In post 620, heuristically_alone wrote:and VOTE: cytheflyguy
1. you have your own reasons for voting him, but you try to make it funny too
2. you base your actual vote on the fact that titus and i agree about him
3. you forget you voted him, and vote him again? apparently you didn't really believe in your vote when you did it.

bonus: you made some comment to me about that you like being hard to read, which seemed jokey-scummy in sort of a "ha ha let's laugh at this together even though i'm giving the obvious scum answer ha ha ha look how funny everyone"

vote: heuristically_alone

the cy wagon has gotten stale of late, it's a bunch of me-toos, and a cy flip will tell us too little

the ircher wagon is the definition of a lazy wagon on probtown, buuuut it will tell us a lot based on flip, so i will abide it, HOWEVER

hey other people:

come join me on heur, we have cookies. this is the real juiciness of the day right hurr
permanently retired

see here for more info
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 8:06 am

Post by Persivul »

heur only has 4 more posts than cy. If you don't like the cy wagon because the flip wouldn't tell us much, why do you want a heur wagon?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”