Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:27 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Wow -- go out for a meeting and come back to this. Since I really am town, unless there was a bussing (which seems unlikely) I'm sure ChronX is town. It seems pretty likely that SP, BM and Gorgon are the scum due to how quickly their votes followed one another. Looks like this is the deal:
Hang 'em High wrote:Here’s scenario two (BM is the GF and distad is innocent based on my investigation):

Town:
=Confused= (Doctor)
d3sisted I (Vanilla)
Raffles (Vanilla)
Curiouskarmadog (Mason)
d3sisted II (Mason)
Hang ‘em High (Cop)
distad (Vanilla)
Two of
Atticus
, Sonicpulsar or
and ChronX (Vanilla)

Scum:
Gorgon (Roleblocker/Prostitute)
Battle Mage (Godfather)
One of Atticus,
Sonicpulsar
or ChronX
(Goon)
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Hang 'em High wrote:Wow -- go out for a meeting and come back to this. Since I really am town, unless there was a bussing (which seems unlikely) I'm sure ChronX is town. It seems pretty likely that SP, BM and Gorgon are the scum due to how quickly their votes followed one another. Looks like this is the deal:
Hang 'em High wrote:Here’s scenario two (BM is the GF and distad is innocent based on my investigation):

Town:
=Confused= (Doctor)
d3sisted I (Vanilla)
Raffles (Vanilla)
Curiouskarmadog (Mason)
d3sisted II (Mason)
Hang ‘em High (Cop)
distad (Vanilla)
Two of
Atticus
, Sonicpulsar or
and ChronX (Vanilla)

Scum:
Gorgon (Roleblocker/Prostitute)
Battle Mage (Godfather)
One of Atticus,
Sonicpulsar
or ChronX
(Goon)
lol i was sanarthed. oh, and i'm confirmed innocent on an infinite number of levels.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:37 am

Post by distad »

Don't expect Theo to come back sober today...

Russia 2 - England 1 (Final)
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:49 am

Post by Gorgon »

A loss to Russia no less ... Theo will no doubt be pissed, in more than one way.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:55 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Battle Mage wrote: lol i was sanarthed.
What the hell does that mean?
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:12 am

Post by distad »

Used in forums. When someone posts right before you finish yours and had the same thought you did, you have been Sarnath'd.

from "Urban Dictionary"
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:17 am

Post by distad »

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:37 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Gorgon wrote:A loss to Russia no less ... Theo will no doubt be pissed, in more than one way.

1. We are screwed unlikely to qualify for Euro 2008 pathetic. :cry:

2. I'm pissed, about to sort out what needs doing :D
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:41 am

Post by Atticus »

Yesterday there was this whole concert thing, but I'm feeling the ChronX vote unless a quick read shows differently.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Atticus wrote:Yesterday there was this whole concert thing, but I'm feeling the ChronX vote unless a quick read shows differently.
Nice to see you're on top of things. The deadlined passed 40+ minutes ago and the lynch already occured anyway. :roll:
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:44 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Deadline has been reached.

The town had decided ChronX needed to die. He'd reached 4 votes, they strung him up - almost apogetically.

His ID revealed he was

ChronX, Vanilla Townie, Town Aligned

It is now night time, sleep tight.

Roles by this time Friday
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:25 am

Post by theopor_COD »

A bad day for the town, turns into an even worse night. Sonicpulsar is given the orders from his Godfather Distad to kill an innocent, Gorgon is sent to deny Battle Mage the chance to be a hero.

Sonicpulsar has no trouble in dispatching Hang em High, he reveals he was . . .

Hang em High, Cop, Town Aligned - killed ruthlessly

Sonicpulsar swiftly met back with his comrades and with little hesistation they moved quickly to the meeting hall to confront and overpower Battle Mage and Atticus, the mafia had won!!

Battle Mage, Jack of all Trades, Town Aligned - endgamed

Atticus, Vanilla Townie, Town Aligned - endgamed

The victors -

Distad, Godfather, Mafia Aligned
Gorgon, Roleblocker, Mafia Aligned
Sonicpulsar, Mugger, Mafia Aligned

GAME OVER.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:28 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I will say frankly the setup was bizarre - the players I replaced for all I know could well have been power roles, however I had to make them vanillas - crazy crazy setup - anyways interesting game to watch.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:36 am

Post by distad »

Sorry, ChronX. No, I don't believe wholly in LAL. Obviously, it doesn't always stand true.

But, I'd have to say that it worked rather well for us. :)
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:37 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

mother f-er, I would have bet hard cash money that BM and Chronx were scum...distad I threw in there because it fit...ugh..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:45 am

Post by distad »

I started to get really worried when everyone was turning on Gorgon. As the RB, we needed him more than anyone else -- we needed to keep BM from vigging anyone.

This was my first non-replacement game as scum... and man did I enjoy it. :)
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:45 am

Post by Gorgon »

A very enjoyable game all in all, although I must say that I was stressed out a lot of the time; especially in the end where it looked like I could have been lynched. This would have meant that BM could have used his vig with impunity; with some likelihood of targetting either SP or distad. He'd then be able to confirm himself and narrow us down to just one guy ... and even if he had vigged a townie, he'd still be pretty much confirmed. Bad granola. When BM voted SP, I thought this might be the way to go, so I was very happy indeed to see him vote ChronX instead.

BM had this game pretty much pegged; suspecting me and distad early and SP in the end. His trap against distad was also pretty devious, but events conspired against him. IF distad hadn't been the GF, and IF I hadn't blocked BM that night, it just might have worked. Too bad the rest of the town didn't follow along with him ... bad for the town that is.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:55 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Great game, Scum -- you smoked us. After all the back and forth I was truly convinced Gorgon was a Scum RBer -- too bad I couldn't convince the rest of the town. I was surprised distad turned out to be the GFer. I had him on my list but I always thought it was more likely ChronX was the top bad guy. His fake claim hurt us.

This was my first game; I started two other games around the same time but they're still ongoing and this moved much faster. I found it enjoyable (except for the excruciating death part) -- thanks to all, in particular theo for bailing us out. Any thoughts you have on my play (both good and bad) would be appreciated. I'm always on the lookout for ways to improve. Congratulations again to the evil geniuses distad, Gorgon and Sonicpulsar.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:55 am

mafia (and town I guess), two questions (because apparently I DO need to learn something about scum hunting and defense)

1.) should I have come out Day 1 to protect Mr. Pigg?

2.) would you have night killed one of us the following day if I had not posted this..
curiouskarmadog wrote:
hey maybe Pigg and I will be lucky and the mafia will just pass right over us Night 1....remember mafia, there is nothing sketcher than a mason claim not followed up by a night kill...
The only reason I posted it was because IT WAS scummy. I was hoping that you would buy it, and keep us alive to push a case against us Day 2 (a trap of sorts). The only people that actively did push a case was Chronx and BM...bet the mafia loved that.

it worked and I think backfired at the same time.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:02 am

Post by Gorgon »

ckd ...

1) Coming out to protect Mr.PiGG was a close call, but I think it was the right thing to do. No sense in lynching a mason without a claim.

2) Maybe, maybe not. The main reason we kept you alive was that we were certain that ChronX would go after you ... the plan was to get ChronX lynched because of his insistence in lynching a claimed mason. That statement of yours played some part in keeping you suspicious, but I'm not sure if it was the deciding factor. I was dismayed to see that this plan didn't seem to be working at the start of the day, but things really turned around. Your argument with BM was what I think was most destructive for the town on that day, although I'm not sure who's more to blame for this.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:09 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Gorgon wrote:ckd ...

1) Coming out to protect Mr.PiGG was a close call, but I think it was the right thing to do. No sense in lynching a mason without a claim.

2) Maybe, maybe not. The main reason we kept you alive was that we were certain that ChronX would go after you ... the plan was to get ChronX lynched because of his insistence in lynching a claimed mason. That statement of yours played some part in keeping you suspicious, but I'm not sure if it was the deciding factor. I was dismayed to see that this plan didn't seem to be working at the start of the day, but things really turned around. Your argument with BM was what I think was most destructive for the town on that day, although I'm not sure who's more to blame for this.
Although the argument was clearly distracting, I think our biggest problem that day was ChronX's fake claim. It was his claim that convinced me to lynch CKD since I didn't think both his and CKD's claim could be true.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:11 am

I see that my arguement with BM did hurt...3 factors lead my attack on BM 1.) I thought he was role fishing, then he said he wasnt, then he said he was but it was a bad idea. 2.) he seemed to buddy up with Chronx, who was pushing a mason lynch. 3.) He was setting up for a mason lynch Day 3.

Granted, if I would have backed off, he might have been able to convince the town Day 2 to lynch Gorgon....I tend to play aggressively, once a see something I think is scummy...I go after it..I wasnt about to sit around and let Chronx/BM set me up for a lynch. But it happened anyway.

need to work on it I guess.

At any rate, I disagree with Gorgon, I do think there is one person to blame here. Mr. Pigg. If I didnt know he was mason, I would have voted to lynch him myself. Imagine how this game could have been completely different if I didnt have to come out Day 1 to save him.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:12 am

Hang 'em High wrote:
Gorgon wrote:ckd ...

Although the argument was clearly distracting, I think our biggest problem that day was ChronX's fake claim. It was his claim that convinced me to lynch CKD since I didn't think both his and CKD's claim could be true.
yeah, Chronx, why the fake claim?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:14 am

Post by distad »

I think you played it fine, HeH. There were a few things that went greatly in our favor:
1) CKD's saving Pigg. With the two of you as claimed masons, the town essentially had to lynch one of you. We waited as long as we could to NK one of you to make sure that neither would be confirmed by our actions.

2) ChronX's fake claim. We were able to lynch him based almost solely on that. Further, we would still have NK'd d3, and not knowing if BM would protect him or not.

3) BM's fighting with CKD and ChronX/HeH helped us a lot because it took us away from the spotlight and ate up lots of time.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:18 am

Post by Gorgon »

HeH, yes ... there were lots of problems with ChronX's fake claim. One thing that did come out of it was that I was forced to admit that I was a roleblocker; I'm not sure if I'd have done that if ChronX hadn't said that he'd seen someone go to BM's house; I couldn't run the risk of him having tracked me ... and fakeclaiming something other than roleblocker would also have been risky. Ironically, I think this claim of mine did much more for us scum than for the town; although HeH had come to the conclusion that I couldn't really be a town roleblocker, on the basis of the balance of the game, it wasn't enough in the end.

ckd; I meant I wasn't sure if you or BM was more to blame for your argument ... but yeah, MR.PiGG played appalingly, and played a big part in the town's loss. If he had just been a vanilla townie, things might have gone differently indeed.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”