New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:39 am

Post by Titus »

In post 270, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 267, Titus wrote:
In post 265, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 258, Titus wrote:I only see that Zakk is scum if copper is scum.
did you cover reasoning for this between pg 4-7? i'm on pg 4. if not, could you expand a bit? i didn't come to that connection.
I didn't.

Zakk coming out swinging as scum would only be to cover or hide something, it's more likely town. Swinging during RVS is high risk high reward strategy. Most of the time, it doesn't happen. Then Zakk's interaction with Copper and unvoting Ircher admits his push is RVS. If Zakk was RVSing hard to appear townie, he probably doesn't unvote Ircher but pretends to have something serious. The calculus changes a bit if Copper is scum. Then he wants to back off Ircher, let town demolish him, and hope Copper is forgotten about entirely.
ok, so.. i guess my trouble in understanding what you're saying here is that i didn't get the impression that zakk was doing... anything.. really. but after the first sentence you kinda lost me.

actually i dont understand at all. are these hypotheticals of his possible future behavior? or an analysis of what actually happened? what i saw was zakk sheeped shotty - null - then saw a bunch of pages posted and unvoted - also null - and hasn't really been involved since. what makes you think he's only scum if copper is? like, is it a kind of "if copper flips scum, look at zakk more closely" or "if copper flips scum, THEN zakk is definitely scum" (if this, why) or is it more "zakk is a solid town read UNLESS copper flips scum", and.. what is your read on copper?

p-edit i'm actually kind of town reading magnus but i'm wary because i get the feeling he's incredibly skilled at being scum.
Analysis of what happened. If you don't think Zakk was doing anything, we interpret things differently. I think every post, every word, everything has meaning. I don't see Zakk sheeping. He's pushing too hard to be a sheep. The last is the answer. I've been told I shoot down ideas though. I was never reaching Zakk scum based on his opening without Copper scum but I've been told that I am very dickish in approaching things that way. So I tried saying it another way.

My read on copper is hardcore scum. It hasn't changed. He hasn't done much to engage the thread. He's trolling around pretending we're in RVS to have his vote on a townread. His trajectory is shit.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Titus »

In post 274, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 273, Titus wrote:
In post 268, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 266, drmyshottyizsik wrote:if your reads = guesses just replace out now.
duh titus don't you know that you can't guess at mafia, you have to only say things you know 100% to be true? shotty don't be ridiculous. we are barely scratching the surface of day 1 in a damn large game. wtf you think we all got daycops? :lol: i'd be suspicious if someone's reads were overly certain at this point in the game.

but on a srious note, titus, he's right about the copper thing - i was under the impression that he was attacking copper, not defending him?

p-edit i was going to respond in p-edit but i need to read that a couple times first. i'll come back to it. thanks
He's got "copper" as a scumread, but doesn't really attack him. His interactions are all "I'm telling you Ircher's dead" and not pressing on his opinions. Copper's a scumread, but every post seems designed to have Copper look good.

When I cased Copper, Shotty acted like it didn't exist.

Defenses don't have to be direct.
"the case presented by or on behalf of the party being accused"
"the action of defending from or resisting attack."
Nice back pedal, wait no it's not.
Huh?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 272, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 269, Lowell wrote:I'm going to throw this out there and let it marinate. See how well it ages.

magna is scum.

Something about his ISO bothers me. He wrote a lot to just agree with two short posts voting for TBG. He's written a lot about a LOT, but somehow not much. Could be this is just the way he is, but he's looking a little "coachy" to me.

Also townvibes from ETL, lessening townvibes from titus.
He is a very thorough usually.
okay, well, whatever, I'm damned sure not reading back games of someone that verbose. As I said.... consider, and come make this happen when we're done LOLhammering newbs*.

* in related news, I also plan to LOLhammer newbs.**

** but not seth. despite the sk claim (?) that guy is newbtown.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 269, Lowell wrote:I'm going to throw this out there and let it marinate. See how well it ages.

magna is scum.

Something about his ISO bothers me. He wrote a lot to just agree with two short posts voting for TBG. He's written a lot about a LOT, but somehow not much. Could be this is just the way he is, but he's looking a little "coachy" to me.
Something that pinged me on magna:

- to zakk: "Of course it isn’t real.
Have you ever played with Shotty before?
"

- "@zakk – Hey answer my question …"

- "@zakk – Answer my question from 26 in your next post or I’m voting you and channeling Kuribo to get your lynch pushed through today."

The question seems clearly rhetorical to me. If I were zakk I likely wouldn't have addressed it either. 232 is way overblown.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:41 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

In post 276, Titus wrote:
In post 266, drmyshottyizsik wrote:if your reads = guesses just replace out now.
duh titus don't you know that you can't guess at mafia, you have to only say things you know 100% to be true? shotty don't be ridiculous. we are barely scratching the surface of day 1 in a damn large game. wtf you think we all got daycops? :lol: i'd be suspicious if someone's reads were overly certain at this point in the game.

but on a srious note, titus, he's right about the copper thing - i was under the impression that he was attacking copper, not defending him?

p-edit i was going to respond in p-edit but i need to read that a couple times first. i'll come back to it. thanks
He's got "copper" as a scumread, but doesn't really attack him. His interactions are all "I'm telling you Ircher's dead" and not pressing on his opinions. Copper's a scumread, but every post seems designed to have Copper look good.

Huh?
Instead of saying well you're right shotty didn't deffend him, now you are trying to change the definition of deffend, and stop playing simple.
VOTE: Titus
#freeShotty
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Lowell »

@pers-- finally, analysis to go along with my gut read. there we go.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:45 am

Post by Titus »

In post 279, drmyshottyizsik wrote:

Huh?
Instead of saying well you're right shotty didn't deffend him, now you are trying to change the definition of deffend, and stop playing simple.
Yeah, you seriously are playing dense. You can indirectly defend people.

And now that Ircher won't take off and you can't scumread ETL (that's why you have her as bad but not scum), you jump onto me for a stretch tastic reason.

And you still won't give reads and are playing semantics with reads and guesses.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:46 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

I disagree that his posted scumread not resulting in immediate action at this point in time is indicative of association. I agree with the logic, just not the circumstances. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a defense though, since it wasn't really active. Your conclusion here seems to be that because he wasn't actively attacking him, he was defending him, but I don't think that's a good conclusion to come to. Like, I get your logic on this - applying the same principle as lying by omission, defense by lack of offense, but you can't apply that here. It's not like people only have one scumread at a time.

I don't actually have reads on either ircher or copper. I am bad at reading newbies.

p-edit: buncha posts.
Art is cool.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:46 am

Post by Persivul »

VOTE: magna
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:48 am

In post 281, Titus wrote:
In post 279, drmyshottyizsik wrote:

Huh?
Yeah, you seriously are playing dense. You can indirectly defend people.

And now that Ircher won't take off and you can't scumread ETL (that's why you have her as bad but not scum), you jump onto me for a stretch tastic reason.

And you still won't give reads and are playing semantics with reads and guesses.
Sigh, I attacked copper, you can twist that how ever you want, but you are lying and awful.
Ircher was taking off, in fact, if anything I may have just killed its momentum. I switch my vote because you, someone I already said I thought was scum, is acting like scum.
Also why do you want me to scum read ETL so bad? Did you have some master plan to mislynch me that requires me to OMGUS him?
#freeShotty
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Lowell »

VOTE: magna

We're through the looking glass, here, people.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:50 am

Post by Lowell »

also can we just stop embedding everything? this thread is going to be awful.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:50 am

In post 286, Lowell wrote:also can we just stop embedding everything? this thread is going to be awful.
I'll start spoilering sorry
#freeShotty
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:51 am

Titus - i feel like shotty really wants to attack me but knows it will look terrible if he goes too hard. I don't know if that's scum trying not to rock the boat or town being realistic though. I've done that myself as both.

p-edit: no it helps in ISO for continuity.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:51 am

oh yeah spoiler is fine
Art is cool.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:53 am

In post 288, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Titus - i feel like shotty really wants to attack me but knows it will look terrible if he goes too hard. I don't know if that's scum trying not to rock the boat or town being realistic though. I've done that myself as both.

Just to keep it small,

p-edit well this post will be pointless
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:54 am

In post 288, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Titus - i feel like shotty really wants to attack me but knows it will look terrible if he goes too hard. I don't know if that's scum trying not to rock the boat or town being realistic though. I've done that myself as both.

It's not that I'm afraid how it will look, it is that I know I will tunnel you and I want to have an even head if I ever do that.
#freeShotty
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:55 am

Post by Titus »

In post 291, drmyshottyizsik wrote:

It's not that I'm afraid how it will look, it is that I know I will tunnel you and I want to have an even head if I ever do that.
Yeah, speaking as the queen of tunnels myself, this looks like shit. You don't avoid sorting people out of fearing you'll tunnel.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:56 am

In post 292, Titus wrote:

Yeah, speaking as the queen of tunnels myself, this looks like shit. You don't avoid sorting people out of fearing you'll tunnel.
Again why the fuck are you pushing so hard for me to attack ETL?
#freeShotty
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:01 am

she wants to see my reaction.
Art is cool.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:02 am

In post 294, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:she wants to see my reaction.
By forcing action on my part?
#freeShotty
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:03 am

Post by Titus »

In post 293, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 292, Titus wrote:

Again why the fuck are you pushing so hard for me to attack ETL?
Loaded. I'm wanting you to scumhunt. To sort ETL. You don't have to attack to get there.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:04 am

In post 295, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 294, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:she wants to see my reaction.
By forcing action on my part?
That's part of it. But also I *think* I understand why she thinks you not attacking me is scummy only because she knows how I get, but you don't so I don't know why she thinks you're avoiding it on that basis.
Art is cool.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:04 am

Post by SirCakez »

Bump
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:04 am

Post by SirCakez »

Bump
Last edited by SirCakez on Fri May 20, 2016 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”