New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:06 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 248, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 236, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:like, would i trust his reads/observations if i felt he was town enough? probably not, but that's more a comment on my own misplaced arrogance than on his actual skill level. to be real with you, i dont know. i haven't really played in a while and i dont recognize a lot of the names on this list. the last time i played with persivul, he was scum, i caught him, he pissed me off and then i just modded games for a long while (not related to him pissing me off - i got busy with school). i think he was pretty new then? he seems different now, more mellowed out, more seasoned, and i'm sure he's learned things along the way as he's probably played more while i've been gone.

i've just rambled a bunch of irrelevant nonsense. but ihope it answers your question.
Well seeing this I think your flippant “Pers is scum because he would piss me off” Town read is nonsense then. You acknowledge that he seems more seasoned as a player. Which would include both his Scum and Town games. Yet you are happy giving him a snap Town read based on him not pissing you off. Which is based on the old Pers not the new. There’s a pretty wide disconnect there.
ok. it's based on my last experience with him, which was only a few months ago, and he was aggressive as scum. you're free to ignore my read on him if you like, but yeah i'm happy to give him a gut town read, because that's how i feel, and i mentioned why so others could make their own determination about whether they agreed or not. you disagree. ok. you don't have to agree with me.

p-edit i knew what you meant :P
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:07 am

i guess if i'm gonna be hanging around getting into it with people i might as well go read those 6 pages of rvs
Art is cool.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 247, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 246, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:why don't you explain your motives here, shotty.

explain it to me.
Nah I think I'll be selfish and keep my reasons to myself.
VOTE: Shotty

Yeah, no. Die in a lynch.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:08 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 250, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:ok. it's based on my last experience with him, which was only a few months ago, and he was aggressive as scum. you're free to ignore my read on him if you like, but yeah i'm happy to give him a gut town read, because that's how i feel, and i mentioned why so others could make their own determination about whether they agreed or not. you disagree. ok. you don't have to agree with me.
To be fair it is more about reading you than agreeing or disagreeing that Pers is scum.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:09 am

Post by Aneninen »

11 Pages? Oh My Gods.
I'll catch up as soon as I can, but frankly, IRL is busy here both today and tomorrow.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:10 am

Hey Titus is would be fantastic if you'd stop treating me like a Ghost and answering my questions at , yaknow ...

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:10 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

In post 252, Titus wrote:
In post 246, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:why don't you explain your motives here, shotty.

explain it to me.

In post 229, EspeciallyTheLies wrote: i'm just being selfish and wanting to keep it on hand for future games with you. in any case, i dont really have the energy or willingness to put a ton of effort into convincing people.
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:13 am

In post 225, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 221, drmyshottyizsik wrote:I was hooked on heroin and dropped off the site after 26 posts.
:cry: hitting my goddamn heart strings dude. don't do that.
this is in no way AtE, I want to pity, it's just a fact.
#freeShotty
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:13 am

Post by Titus »

I meant that I only see that Zakk is scum if copper is scum. That got pretty garbled.

And links cannot be provided.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:15 am

ircher stats are funny

but not scummy
Art is cool.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:16 am

In post 256, drmyshottyizsik wrote:

explain it to me.

In post 229, EspeciallyTheLies wrote: i'm just being selfish and wanting to keep it on hand for future games with you. in any case, i dont really have the energy or willingness to put a ton of effort into convincing people.
#freeShotty
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:16 am

In post 253, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 250, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:ok. it's based on my last experience with him, which was only a few months ago, and he was aggressive as scum. you're free to ignore my read on him if you like, but yeah i'm happy to give him a gut town read, because that's how i feel, and i mentioned why so others could make their own determination about whether they agreed or not. you disagree. ok. you don't have to agree with me.
To be fair it is more about reading you than agreeing or disagreeing that Pers is scum.
mk. that's good.
Art is cool.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:16 am

In post 258, Titus wrote:I meant that I only see that Zakk is scum if copper is scum. That got pretty garbled.

And links cannot be provided.
Ok, thanks. I guess I have to do legwork on my own then.

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:17 am

In post 257, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 225, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 221, drmyshottyizsik wrote:I was hooked on heroin and dropped off the site after 26 posts.
:cry: hitting my goddamn heart strings dude. don't do that.
this is in no way AtE, I want to pity, it's just a fact.
i know. i knew that when i read it. consider it more ooc. hit a soft spot for me that's all
Art is cool.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:17 am

Post by Titus »

explain it to me.

Nah, you see ETL is still laying the groundwork for her thoughts. She's just not forcing it.

You're shutting down and giving half baked answers to questions. You're refusing to form a read on ETL when she's pushing you. That is pretty scummy. Even if you're wrong, you should have an opinion. This whole saying someone is bad and not giving an alignment doesn't work. I want evidence you are scumhunting. I don't see it.

There's plenty to form a guess on TBG. You got nothing.

Copper's posted less and you have a read on him. The Copper/Ircher/Titus scumreads make no sense.

The three of you came out hard defending Copper. That was a mistake.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:18 am

In post 258, Titus wrote:I only see that Zakk is scum if copper is scum.
did you cover reasoning for this between pg 4-7? i'm on pg 4. if not, could you expand a bit? i didn't come to that connection.
Art is cool.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:21 am

In post 264, Titus wrote:

explain it to me.

Nah, you see ETL is still laying the groundwork for her thoughts. She's just not forcing it.

You're shutting down and giving half baked answers to questions. You're refusing to form a read on ETL when she's pushing you. That is pretty scummy. Even if you're wrong, you should have an opinion. This whole saying someone is bad and not giving an alignment doesn't work. I want evidence you are scumhunting. I don't see it.

There's plenty to form a guess on TBG. You got nothing.

Copper's posted less and you have a read on him. The Copper/Ircher/Titus scumreads make no sense.

The three of you came out hard defending Copper. That was a mistake.
I was making a joke is my damn point!

I didn't say I couldn't guess at TBG I said I don't have a read, if your reads = guesses just replace out now.

Also you are mad that I'm not OMGUS'ing ETL? What? They very fact that they are pushing me right now is why I don't have a read yet. Like I said before any opinion I have will be tainted.

Also I came out defending copper? where?
In post 15, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 12, Ircher wrote:
In post 10, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 8, copper223 wrote:VOTE: Ircher
why?
Its RVS.
Why are you already defending him?
This is my third post, if anything I started the attack.
#freeShotty
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:25 am

Post by Titus »

In post 265, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
did you cover reasoning for this between pg 4-7? i'm on pg 4. if not, could you expand a bit? i didn't come to that connection.
I didn't.

Zakk coming out swinging as scum would only be to cover or hide something, it's more likely town. Swinging during RVS is high risk high reward strategy. Most of the time, it doesn't happen. Then Zakk's interaction with Copper and unvoting Ircher admits his push is RVS. If Zakk was RVSing hard to appear townie, he probably doesn't unvote Ircher but pretends to have something serious. The calculus changes a bit if Copper is scum. Then he wants to back off Ircher, let town demolish him, and hope Copper is forgotten about entirely.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:26 am

In post 266, drmyshottyizsik wrote:if your reads = guesses just replace out now.
duh titus don't you know that you can't guess at mafia, you have to only say things you know 100% to be true? shotty don't be ridiculous. we are barely scratching the surface of day 1 in a damn large game. wtf you think we all got daycops? :lol: i'd be suspicious if someone's reads were overly certain at this point in the game.

but on a srious note, titus, he's right about the copper thing - i was under the impression that he was attacking copper, not defending him?

p-edit i was going to respond in p-edit but i need to read that a couple times first. i'll come back to it. thanks
Art is cool.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:29 am

Post by Lowell »

I'm going to throw this out there and let it marinate. See how well it ages.

magna is scum.

Something about his ISO bothers me. He wrote a lot to just agree with two short posts voting for TBG. He's written a lot about a LOT, but somehow not much. Could be this is just the way he is, but he's looking a little "coachy" to me.

Also townvibes from ETL, lessening townvibes from titus.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:32 am

In post 267, Titus wrote:
In post 265, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
I didn't.

Zakk coming out swinging as scum would only be to cover or hide something, it's more likely town. Swinging during RVS is high risk high reward strategy. Most of the time, it doesn't happen. Then Zakk's interaction with Copper and unvoting Ircher admits his push is RVS. If Zakk was RVSing hard to appear townie, he probably doesn't unvote Ircher but pretends to have something serious. The calculus changes a bit if Copper is scum. Then he wants to back off Ircher, let town demolish him, and hope Copper is forgotten about entirely.
ok, so.. i guess my trouble in understanding what you're saying here is that i didn't get the impression that zakk was doing... anything.. really. but after the first sentence you kinda lost me.

actually i dont understand at all. are these hypotheticals of his possible future behavior? or an analysis of what actually happened? what i saw was zakk sheeped shotty - null - then saw a bunch of pages posted and unvoted - also null - and hasn't really been involved since. what makes you think he's only scum if copper is? like, is it a kind of "if copper flips scum, look at zakk more closely" or "if copper flips scum, THEN zakk is definitely scum" (if this, why) or is it more "zakk is a solid town read UNLESS copper flips scum", and.. what is your read on copper?

p-edit i'm actually kind of town reading magnus but i'm wary because i get the feeling he's incredibly skilled at being scum.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:33 am

also because i like what he's doing but there are pings of LAMISTy stuff which make me uneasy.
Art is cool.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:35 am

In post 269, Lowell wrote:I'm going to throw this out there and let it marinate. See how well it ages.

magna is scum.

Something about his ISO bothers me. He wrote a lot to just agree with two short posts voting for TBG. He's written a lot about a LOT, but somehow not much. Could be this is just the way he is, but he's looking a little "coachy" to me.

Also townvibes from ETL, lessening townvibes from titus.
He is a very thorough usually.
#freeShotty
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Titus »

In post 268, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 266, drmyshottyizsik wrote:if your reads = guesses just replace out now.
duh titus don't you know that you can't guess at mafia, you have to only say things you know 100% to be true? shotty don't be ridiculous. we are barely scratching the surface of day 1 in a damn large game. wtf you think we all got daycops? :lol: i'd be suspicious if someone's reads were overly certain at this point in the game.

but on a srious note, titus, he's right about the copper thing - i was under the impression that he was attacking copper, not defending him?

p-edit i was going to respond in p-edit but i need to read that a couple times first. i'll come back to it. thanks
He's got "copper" as a scumread, but doesn't really attack him. His interactions are all "I'm telling you Ircher's dead" and not pressing on his opinions. Copper's a scumread, but every post seems designed to have Copper look good.

When I cased Copper, Shotty acted like it didn't exist.

Defenses don't have to be direct.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:37 am

In post 273, Titus wrote:
In post 268, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:

He's got "copper" as a scumread, but doesn't really attack him. His interactions are all "I'm telling you Ircher's dead" and not pressing on his opinions. Copper's a scumread, but every post seems designed to have Copper look good.

When I cased Copper, Shotty acted like it didn't exist.

Defenses don't have to be direct.
"the case presented by or on behalf of the party being accused"
"the action of defending from or resisting attack."
Nice back pedal, wait no it's not.
#freeShotty

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”