Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:03 am

Post by Guardian »

Official Vote Count #44

Not Voting[9](Mastermind of Sin, Oman, vollkan, Tarhalindur, pwayne66, tyhess, Trojan Horse, Flameaxe, theopor_COD)

---

I have update the 2nd post with the two questions I was asked. I will quote here for convenience:
Q&A

Q: Would a cult recruit inherit the cult leader's power upon death?
A: No

Q: In a 1-1 scenario with a cultist and a townie, would the cultist win?
A: Yes
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:17 am

Post by Oman »

Thank you Guardian.

Cult is not a problem for now, for a long time. Lets get rid of NKing scum, I'd be inclined to think
that any sane cultist would do their best to help us get rid of scum because they have no chance against them
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:19 am

Post by White »

^^ Scummy. Cult is a problem at all times, ALL times.
FoS: Oman
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Whoa... thought I heard the ghost of White there. But nah. White's dead, and there's no such thing as ghosts. :)
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:26 am

Post by Oman »

Lulz. White, please stop oppressing me from beyond the grave.

Or maybe that flaming skull gives him some power...Gasp-a-roo!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:35 am

Post by Guardian »

White, you are
dead
. Please do refrain from posting....
Do not lynch me.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:17 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Oman wrote:Thank you Guardian.

Cult is not a problem for now, for a long time. Lets get rid of NKing scum, I'd be inclined to think
that any sane cultist would do their best to help us get rid of scum because they have no chance against them
I agree with this. At this point, the two scumgroups are really afraid of each other. If the town can lynch the scum, the cult has a chance, but if we don't find the cult, the scum has to nightkill them to have a chance. We should focus on mafia now anyway.

If I had to place everyone to an alignment right now:

Mastermind of Sin - town
Oman - scum
vollkan - town/cult
Tarhalindur (r. Dr. Blackstrike) - town/cultish
pwayne66 - scum
tyhess - newb town
Trojan Horse - scum
Flameaxe - scum
theopor_COD - town

That's just what jumps out to me right now. I haven't reread the thread or anything, this is just what I remember. I think vollkan would be the best cult recruit. Either that or he's scum and the cult failed on him. Either way, I think that as the cult leader I would definitely have recruited him.
Permanent V/LA.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:30 am

Post by tyhess »

I have to agree with MoS on this one....if I was the cult leader I would have recruited vollkan......
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:04 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Mastermind of Sin - Scum. He jumped back on my radar. Yesterday, immediately after a bandwagon against Flameaxe started, he changed his stance to go after a very popular choice, Kakeng ( a diversion?) . This occurred after he passionately defended the call to get a role claim (so much so he voted for tyhess for disagreeing with him). So what's the point of getting a role claim if your going to kill a power role anyway? He then goes on to defend Flameaxe's absence (he also defended Flameaxe in his first few posts. Oman called him out on it. This is when MoS famously decided to stop answering questions in order to flush out scum.) Today he lists flameaxe as scummy with no explanation (distancing?).

Oman - Admittedly, I mixed him up with tyhess on my last scumdar. I'm on the fence with Oman.

vollkan - Again, not much to say. I got heckled for saying in effect that he was so townie that he had to scum. Now it seems that he is so townie that he has to be cult makes more sense. I'd like to see him come under some pressure.

Tarhalindur (r. Dr. Blackstrike) - I'm convinced he is/was town. Maybe cult now, but the way I see it, he is not a priority.

tyhess - I'm off the fence. tyhess is town.

Trojan Horse - I didn't like his vote on tyhess considering that TH acted like tyhess's position was ridiculous despite having held the same position in the past. I would likely lean towards scum here.

Flameaxe - scum.

theopor_COD - I'm on the fence here.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by vollkan »

I am not now and have never been a member of the cult. :D I was not recruited yesterday. That's really all I can say. There is no case for me to rebut, other than that I have been "too townie".

Anyway, my alignment list thing with %s. My last post of this nature was in Post #1017:
MoS
: No change from last time in terms of my level of suspicion. The Kakeng thing is a bit of a null to me right now, though it might become relevant later on. 35%
Oman
: As with my last scumdar, Oman had a few tells early on and was unhelpful. Nothing has happened to shift this. 65%
Tarhalindur
: I believed his vanilla claim, so my feeling is that he is either vanilla or CR right now. Just going by his behaviour, 30%.
pwayne66
: The tar lynch thing was very scummy yesterday. He dropped it, but I still suspect him for it. 70%
tyhess
: Scummy actions but very newbish. 60%
Trojan Horse
: Numerous scumtells aggregating up. 70%
Flameaxe
: Lurking, unhelpful and scummy. This guy is topping my list. 75%.
theopor_COD
: Not very much change since yesterday. 55%

I intend on doing a reread of Flameaxe to reassess whether my suspicion is actually warranted.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Sweet, I'm so awesome, I only got 1 word!
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:36 pm

pwayne66 wrote:Mastermind of Sin - Scum. He jumped back on my radar. Yesterday, immediately after a bandwagon against Flameaxe started, he changed his stance to go after a very popular choice, Kakeng ( a diversion?).

Pretty sure I didn't "change" my mind. I never thought Kakeng was protown. I gave him a chance to contribute, and he didn't, so I got him lynched. He didn't even defend himself after he was pressured. I thought he was hoping to lurk past the pressure. When he finally spoke up, he only gave a claim and nothing else worth mentioning. That had all the trademarks of scum. I fail to see what I've done wrong here other than being mistaken in my assessment. But hindsight is 20/20.
This occurred after he passionately defended the call to get a role claim (so much so he voted for tyhess for disagreeing with him). So what's the point of getting a role claim if your going to kill a power role anyway?
Now you're misrepresenting me. Why must you twist what I say? I never said we would kill every power role that claims. That would be dumb. I said that the particular power role that he claimed,
in addition to his actions
, indicated that his claim was just a scum trying to survive an extra day.
He then goes on to defend Flameaxe's absence (he also defended Flameaxe in his first few posts. Oman called him out on it. This is when MoS famously decided to stop answering questions in order to flush out scum.) Today he lists flameaxe as scummy with no explanation (distancing?).
Wow. Just because I'm actually friends with Flameaxe and I *know* that he's had midterms for a while does not mean I am defending him. I suspect him, too, but I'm not going to make unreasonable accusations against him such as calling him scum for not posting when he was swamped with midterms. That's ridiculous.

I didn't give an explanation for anyone. I even
TOLD
you that I was just listing this off the top of my head without a reread or anything, and you
still
attack me for not providing reasoning? That's asinine, pwayne. You're better than that.
Permanent V/LA.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

Mos wrote: I even TOLD you that I was just listing this off the top of my head without a reread or anything, and you still attack me for not providing reasoning?
It's not my intention to attack anybody. I am bringing to light my suspicions. I don't care if you gave explanations or not. I'm only attempting to point out that your position of Flameaxe has changed, and I can't find an explanation, indication or hint anywhere as to why... not the post you are mentioning or anywhere.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:11 pm

He hasn't been very helpful when he was posting.

There. Happy?
Permanent V/LA.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by tyhess »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
pwayne66 wrote:Mastermind of Sin - Scum. He jumped back on my radar. Yesterday, immediately after a bandwagon against Flameaxe started, he changed his stance to go after a very popular choice, Kakeng ( a diversion?).

Pretty sure I didn't "change" my mind. I never thought Kakeng was protown. I gave him a chance to contribute, and he didn't,
so I got him lynched.
He didn't even defend himself after he was pressured. I thought he was hoping to lurk past the pressure. When he finally spoke up, he only gave a claim and nothing else worth mentioning. That had all the trademarks of scum. I fail to see what I've done wrong here other than being mistaken in my assessment. But hindsight is 20/20.

Does anyone else think the bolded quote is a little odd?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:48 pm

Post by Oman »

No Tyhess. Not at all.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Time to reply to a particular post by pwayne:
pwayne66 wrote:
TH wrote:On the newbish side; could just have been confusion over what we talked about with Dr. Blackstrike. (We mentioned the difficulties we could have after someone claims vanilla townie. That doesn't mean it's bad to ask for a claim BEFORE a lynch.) On the scummy side... well, not wanting to have a claim before a lynch is scummy.
TH #65 wrote:Once we've reached a consensus on who is scummy, should we demand a claim from that person? If we do, and that person says "townie", we're in a bit of a pickle. It may well be best to lynch them; they may be lying, and even if they're not, it'll deny the cult a possible recruit... The point is, we need to be careful about making roleclaims. They give info to both the mafia and the cult, but the cult can benefit more from those claims, apparently.
Heh. Forgot all about that post. I guess my arguments at that point (#65) were as newbish as tyhess's were later. Okay then. No more pushing tyhess for being newbish. He's probably as newb-town as I am.

I said at the end of day 1 that I didn't understand the Flameaxe bandwagon; I considered Kakeng and tyhess to both be better targets. Well, I finally have a reason to be suspicious of Flameaxe; one that didn't arise until the end of the day, too late for me to respond to it. We were all scrambling to find someone to lynch (way better to take a shot then to no lynch), but Flameaxe seemed content to just sit back and let us fight. Maybe he didn't care if we ended up with a no lynch?

So now my eye is on MoS for holding back a bit at the start of day 1, and on Flameaxe for holding back at the end of day 1. And that's about all I've got.

*sets up a spotlight*

Go ahead. Give me the 3rd degree.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:38 pm

Troj, why would scum *not* want a mislynch D1? Your reasoning seems odd.
Permanent V/LA.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:39 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I went to bed the night before we went to night, planning on posting the next morning, but woke to a self hammer by Kakeng. Quite simple bodily processes.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:39 pm

Oman wrote:No Tyhess. Not at all.
QFT

tbh, though, I did debate about phrasing it that way for a while, cuz I figured someone would get a wedgie and have problems with it. Then I decided I just didn't care enough.
Permanent V/LA.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:01 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Didn't phrase that so well, I guess. I'm just saying a protown player should be more concerned about what happens in those final hours than Flameaxe appeared to be. He could've been confident that the town was going to do the wrong thing anyway (either through a mislynch or a no lynch), so why rock the boat.

Then again, Flameaxe was one of the bandwagons at the end, wasn't he? So he should've had some concern if he WAS scum. Man, now I'm talking myself out of my reasoning.
Flameaxe wrote:I went to bed the night before we went to night, planning on posting the next morning, but woke to a self hammer by Kakeng. Quite simple bodily processes.
Heh. Fair enough.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:09 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Flameaxe wrote:I went to bed the night before we went to night, planning on posting the next morning, but woke to a self hammer by Kakeng. Quite simple bodily processes.
Seems to me that the next morning would have been past the deadline anyway... When Kakeng voted himself we had (If I'm not mistaken) 9 hours until deadline.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:14 am

Post by pwayne66 »

^^^Nevermind, I see. You went to bed the night before. But still, you didn't plan to post until we were 9 hours or less to deadline?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:39 am

Post by Flameaxe »

pwayne66 wrote:
Seems to me that the next morning would have been past the deadline anyway... When Kakeng voted himself we had (If I'm not mistaken) 9 hours until deadline.
No, it wouldn't have been. Second Q: Basically. I live by the procrastination code of laws. They treat me well.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:32 am

Post by Guardian »

shameless filler post.
Do not lynch me.