Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 am

Post by Skruffs »

Omg omg ryan, you just outed yourself.
Any reason you only wanted distad's reasoning?
Any particular reason, other than being scum, that you would think that 'floater' wasn't a townie?

Mneme - I disagree. Dos should have, if he wanted to stimulate conversation, picked people that other people had already started backing. Did you forget that the town is 50% mafia? Explain how nominating people that don't seem to have allies is going to lead to scum lynches? Also, I never claimed to be scummy and therefore town - I stated that my successor was least liked. Again, mafia will probably 'like' themselves over townies. This is why nominating lesser liked players is a cop out and unhelpful to town. If you don't understand this reasoning, that's fine, but I think you should re-evaluate what type of strategy will be successful for town in this game.

Dos, forgiven, forgotten, if you think you understand what you did wrong. How would you renominate players if you were given the chance?
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:24 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

I would pick two people the town didn't like that were active so that replacements wouldn't automatically be in hot water when it happened. But that only works on day 1 when I have what the town wants, and small inklings of what is going on to go on.

Day 2 or later, and you look at potential conections between people and nominate people who could very likely be scum with each other, or two people who could very likely be from the two different scum groups.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:28 am

Post by Skruffs »

Yes, I would have looked for 'clumpings' of opinions, personally, and targetted one person from each perceived clumping.

But yeah, unless I grossly misread, ryan claimed non-floater.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:47 am

Post by ryan »

Skruffs wrote:Omg omg ryan, you just outed yourself.
Any reason you only wanted distad's reasoning?
Any particular reason, other than being scum, that you would think that 'floater' wasn't a townie?
1) No I did not "out" myself (I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion by my questioning to distad that I was scum)

2) I asked a question of distad (which I believe I asked you to tell the game why you were town earlier)

3) I have no idea what a "floater" is, hence why I asked what it was.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:48 am

Post by distad »

There was an absolute implicit claiming of non-floater. All of the floaters should, at this point anyway, know what they are. Or, at the *very* least, worked to figure it out.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:50 am

Post by distad »

Dude... you're 11 pages into this game. Are you telling me that you got a pm saying that you were a floater and *DIDN'T* try to figure out what it meant?

I call BS.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:50 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Skruffs wrote:Yes, I would have looked for 'clumpings' of opinions, personally, and targetted one person from each perceived clumping.

But yeah, unless I grossly misread, ryan claimed non-floater.
How does this help find scum? Most scum I know distance themselves from their buddies, and don't tend to interact that often.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:11 am

Post by ryan »

distad wrote:Dude... you're 11 pages into this game. Are you telling me that you got a pm saying that you were a floater and *DIDN'T* try to figure out what it meant?

I call BS.
1) First off, nice rolefishing on what my pm said

2) I understand what the pm meant, but I didn't really pay attention to the "floater" part. I just saw that my condition was a win when all the evil was gone and was fine with that.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:14 am

Post by distad »

Actually... Skruffs did the rolefishing. I, however, TOTALLY agreed!

Still, I don't believe that you would accept a title and not know the implication, regardless of win condition.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:21 am

Post by ryan »

distad wrote:Actually... Skruffs did the rolefishing. I, however, TOTALLY agreed!

Still, I don't believe that you would accept a title and not know the implication, regardless of win condition.
Good lord, I asked a question about why it was called "Floater" and the two that are ON the block turn and try and start twisting my words around? Real interesting. Maybe you and Skruffs should worry more about showing why you are town at this moment?
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:31 am

Post by distad »

ryan wrote:The "no worries if I'm voted out I'll be back statements" are starting to really confuse me. Who says our mod would allow either of you two to replace back in if it was deemed necessary? What exactly do you mean by a "floater?"
That last question means you're not a floater. It means that you didn't look particularly carefully at the pms listed on P1 or that you forgot them and then didn't know what that meant.

The best defense is a steady and clean display of scum-hunting, which is actually what I'm doing here, Ryan. Amusingly, I found one on my first shot.

What I find amazing is that you're caught, and you automatically accuse me of not showing why I'm town. On the contrary, that's exactly what I'm doing.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:40 am

Post by ryan »

Well I'm not scum distad, so I'm sorry but there is nothing amusing about what you found, because you didn't find anything. I asked a question about the term NOT about that it was a townie condition (I already stated I knew what my win condition was.) I'm not going to get into a "well this is what I think you said" argument, it's not pro-active on showing if you are scum or not, it isn't going to help the game by muddying up pages upon pages of back and forth dribble and if you (or Skruffs) should be voted off. You've been asked to explain your predecessor's lurking and non posting, and why you are town and all you've done is point a finger at me and call me scum. If you feel that is enough to prove you are pro town, I find you to be sadly mistaken
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:48 am

Post by distad »

I have no way to justify my predecessor's lurking. From what I saw, he hardly posted at all, also. The only thing that I can do is step in and actively hunt.

And you're right. It isn't enough to just point a finger at you. I intend to find your buddies, as well. :)
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:03 am

Post by ryan »

I believe I said you don't have enough evidence to call me scum (or anything legit), but whatever floats your boat buddy.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:58 am

Post by mneme »

Agreed that ryan's slip means he should be up on the block tomorrow. Dragons of Summer on principle, as well, baring other good choices (with secret ballots deciding the first HoH, there's a good chance that our first HoH is scum, as the scum have a slight edge in their people getting the Headship first day). That said, neither is up for the vote today.

Of the two, I have to admit that distad has been trying to participate in the game and scumhunt. Skruffs, on the other hand, is spouting a combination of obvious stuff and bunk, with no division between them.

Vote: Skruffs

[quote=Skruffs]
Mneme - I disagree. Dos should have, if he wanted to stimulate conversation, picked people that other people had already started backing.
[/quote]

Appears to miss the point that this is still mafia. People don't back other people; they attack them, and 3/4 of the town's interest is toward finding any particular scum despite the town being 1/2 mafia, since the scum aren't on the same side. It also appears to miss the fact that there were no large groups when DoS had to pick targets; instead, there were tiny bandwagons amid a lot of nothing.

Moreover, it also misses the fact that the final debate at the end of each day isn't all that important, and isn't where most of the debate in this game should be. Far, far more important should be the debate that decides who the two candidates are in the first place, which in an ideal game should result in two scum up on the debating square. And the decision of who those two people are is likely to be far more accurate if, in the end, it derives from the town consensus than if it's essentially random.
Did I say too much?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by Skruffs »

distad wrote:Actually... Skruffs did the rolefishing. I, however, TOTALLY agreed!

This is false. "Floater" is an alignment, not a role.
pablito wrote:
Open Roles

alpha dog trio x3 wrote:You are in
the alpha dog trio with AAA BBB and CCC.
Win condition: The alpha dog trio is alive and outnumbers or equals all others still in the game.
passive-aggressive trio x3 wrote:You are in
the passive-aggressive trio with XXX YYY and ZZZ.

Win condition: The passive-aggressive trio is alive and outnumbers or equals all others still in the game.
floater townie x6 wrote:You are a “floater”. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread.

Win Condition: You win with the Town when all evil is gone.

Please confirm in thread
See? Ryan missed that, somehow.
There *are* no 'roles' to fish for. If there is anything in the game, there is 'special powers' as shown on the first page, and not even THEY are guaranteed to be in the game. So yeah. Who's accusing me of role fishing, again?

Mneme -
First Irrevocable vote cast, right?
K. I hope you feel you can win against Ryan, if I go out. Call that OMGUSsy if you like. ^.^

Interestingly enough, you were attacking my replacement back when it was trabony and Flare. You 'didn't buy' Flare's nomination - why not? I'm just curious because you seem to be anti-Trabony and ambivalent to flare since when both of them were equivalently lurking. Now with Distad's strange floater communication, you've kind of ignored it and instead focused on me, again. Is this 'scum hunting'?

Did you put a lot of thought into it before you put down the first vote? Did you ask town what the consensus was? Because it... to me, at least, seems like you were kind of rash. Especially what with me just pointing out that Ryan just claimed scum. SO yeah, that is REALLY not looking good on you, in my eyes.

I'd really like it if you could list out where you think Distad ahs been contributing and where I haven't. It's not hat I think that Distad hasn't been posting - I'm just curious where this bias you have came from.
(I'm sorry if you think that this post is 'obvious stuff' and 'bunk', but, I'm still in the game, and I intend to make the best of it.)

Those aren't my final nominations, but those are most likely my nominations. If Distad *is* scum with Ryan (I'm not saying he is), I doubt you could trust him to do that. Scum will obviously try to nominate townies, especially early in the game. Another strike for mneme, who is tryign to imply that scum will try and help town find other scum. That's not a sure thing, or even a maybe thing at all, unless one scum group is wounded and the other isn't.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Me bad, mneme, you do acknowledge RYan's scumminess on the first part of your post, but I was kinda caught up in the whole "let's not lynch distad" part of your post.

I am Very curious about why you refute my point about 'least liked players' being town - because, as you say, scum are (I guess) going to attack each other on the starting gate and (apparently) try to get each other nominated day one, but, you do the opposite of that and say that scum will try to collaborate to try to get one of their own as HoH? Which side of the coin do you really buy into?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Skruffs »

And, again, looking through my posts, I see nothing where mneme can say that distad is scumhunting (yet), unless he means the part about RYan claiming non-floater. But... Distad isn't the one who pointed that out, so, I don't buy it.

Mneme, please explain yourself more.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by distad »

When I said rolefishing, I used Ryan's word exactly, Skruffs. This whole time I've said that I think you're town also and that we're getting the short-end. My implication was not that you had ill-will; it was to back up my claim by showing that I was not the first person to cry wolf about Ryan.

I don't think that the group will be well-served by either of our departures. However, I want to stay in the game, so I have to lobby for me/against you.

And you can say what you want about 'floater' being an alignment and not a role, but FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES, it is a role. That is your position in the game. You come into the game as one of the three. So, call it what you want, but the fact is that it is a role.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by pablito »

I'm gonna count the weekend as a total of one day or something like that. So that means only ChaosOmega needed to be prodded.
Sup, later.
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by ckillor »

distad wrote:
What I find amazing is that you're caught, and you automatically accuse me of not showing why I'm town. On the contrary, that's exactly what I'm doing.
as far as defending your town-ness, all you have done is accuse ryan right? or did you post other reasons of why you are town also?
My bandwagon can beat up your bandwagon.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by distad »

I'm actively scum-hunting. I've told you that I'm 'town'. That can only go so far, though. If the defense only required that, no one would ever get lynched in this game.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

I agree ryan's slip, is almost a little coincidental for him to not be nominated next week. I am very intrigued/befuddled with mneme wanting bith ryan, and DOS as noms next week. I would like to hear:

distad: convince me you're town.
skruffs: convince me you're town.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:20 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I don't expect I'll be able to convince you I'm town, I guess the real question everyone needs to decide - and the unfortunate part is that if we really are both townies, then the majority of voters are scum - is who is going to be better at hunting scum?

I personally feel I will be more of an asset. In every game I am in as town, I go "out there" to find and root out the badguys. In Exile mafia, which is a game fairly similar to this, I had a good portion of the town's strategy down to win the first day - and I wound up getting lynched for it, too, but I had pegged two of the four scum day one. I'm in a similar situation here, and with so many scum, I can understand why they might try to get me lynched instead of distad, who is playing it smart and laying low.

I don't lay low, though. Take that as you will.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:13 am

Post by ryan »

pickemgenius wrote:I agree ryan's slip, is almost a little coincidental for him to not be nominated next week. I am very intrigued/befuddled with mneme wanting bith ryan, and DOS as noms next week. I would like to hear:

distad: convince me you're town.
skruffs: convince me you're town.
I have no problem being nominated next week and would gladly refute the attempted "case" that our "alleged townies" have presented on me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”