pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 507: Big Brother Mafia - Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:27 pm

Post by pablito »

Mini 507: Big Brother Mafia

backup mod: JDodge

Big Brother Mafia is the sequel to Ultimatum Mafia. Using the same dichotomy voting scheme and incorporating the US Reality Competition, Big Brother Mafia uses very different rules. Please read them before confirming. If you do not feel comfortable playing with the ruleset or do not feel you can keep up with the deadlines in the game, please notify me ASAP.
New Note:
Also, prods will be sent out frequently and liberally. These prods should not dissuade you from further participating. I prod frequently to monitor activity levels to see when you pick up prods in relation to when you post. However, if you give lacking and delayed posts after you pick up a prod, it may indicate to me that you need to be replaced. Quantity of prods is not a bad thing by itself. If you do not post for 96 consecutive hours, you may be replaced without any notice.

Note: Please read ALL rules carefully (they're in the next post) because this game involves different mechanisms and strict deadlines.

Julie Chen: Welcome to Big Brother. This year, we have an interesting crop of houseguests from every single corner of the world. From an albino exotic dancer from Dubai to a seven-foot blonde snapping turtle breeder from Estonia, our houseguests span every single lifestyle that has not yet been cast on Big Brother. By casting such diverse houseguests this year, we hope to break down the typical stereotypes and game strategies that plagued previous seasons of Big Brother. This will be unlike any other Big Brother that you’ve seen before. Who will win the US$500,000 prize this year? But first…the rules.

Game Status: Game Over

Houseguests (4)

DragonsofSummer
mneme

Skruffs(r/trabony)
Elmo(r/ChaosOmega)

HoH
nominees

Homeless Model/Actors (8)

D1 - distad (r/Flare), floater, townie
D2 -
ryan, passive aggressive, mafia

D3 - Vel-Rahn Koon, floater, townie
D4 - farside22 (r/ckillor), floater, townie
D5a - farside22 II (r/pickemgenius), floater, townie
D5b -
KaleiÐoscøpe (r/Untrod Tripod), alpha dog, mafia

D6 - kuribo (r/FaerieLord r/Save The Dragons), floater, townie
D7 -
Pug89, passive aggressive, mafia

Links

D0 - HoH selection
D1 - HoH, nominees
D2 - eviction/HoH, nominees
D3 - eviction/HoH, nominees
D4 - eviction/HoH, nominees
D5 - eviction/HoH, nominees, removal, event
D6 - eviction/HoH, nominees
D7 - eviction/HoH, nominees, vote, final eviction
Last edited by pablito on Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:14 am, edited 67 times in total.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:50 pm

Post by pablito »

During each gameday, one player will be crowned with the role of Head of Household (HoH) and has the responsibility of nominating two players for eviction (lynch). The players will have the opportunity to discuss potential candidates before and after the two nominees have been announced. Before the deadline, except for the two nominees and the HoH all players must publicly vote on who they want they want to evict. Votes are irrevocable and the nominee who has the most eviction votes will be evicted (lynched). In the case of a tie, the current HoH will publicly break the tie. The most recently evicted player will then unilaterally select who s/he wants to be the next day’s Head of Household. The game ends when either one of the mafia families equal/outnumber all other players alive or when only townspeople remain.

Each game cycle has several deadlines. Failure to meet certain deadlines may result in forfeiture of power or modkill (if necessary). The first deadline is for the HoH to nominate two players. This must occur within 7 days since the last lynch. The HoH cannot nominate himself for lynch and must nominate only two players. The second deadline is for special powers (such as power of veto, coup d'etat or america's player, etc.). These powers can only be used by the 10th day in a game cycle. Beyond that point, these powers cannot be used in that game cycle. By the 14th day, each nominee must PM me the name of who they would like to become the next HoH in case s/he is evicted. Also, aside from the nominees and the HoH all players except the nominees must publicly vote to evict one of the nominees. If you fail to vote before the deadline, you may be modkilled. Once a player has been lynched, his/her selection for HoH will be crowned for the next game cycle and the deadlines reset.

The general rules for Big Brother (US) can be found on wikipedia here. This gives a list of possible special powers. However, there will not be any competitions to win any power.
Last edited by pablito on Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:51 pm

Post by pablito »

Rules

• Each game cycle, one player will be crowned
Head of Househould (HoH)
by the most recently lynched townsperson. This person will hold the position of HoH for the remainder of the cycle and thus cannot be lynched, unless a special power allows otherwise. The HoH has the responsibility of nominating two players for eviction by the 7th day in the game cycle. If for some reason nominations have been changed due to a separate game mechanic, the HoH may lose his ability for nominations or may be forced to change his/her nominations. If this occurs, the HoH will be notified of the changes and new deadlines. The HoH’s only other responsibility is to place a vote in the event of a tie. The HoH should continue to participate in the game throughout the week, as lynches are the only way to eliminate the scum.
• Once the two
nominees
have been announced, each nominee must PM the mod who s/he would like to become the next HoH in the case that the nominee him/herself is lynched. No individual can become HoH in consecutive game cycles. If no PM is received prior to the nominee being lynched, previous data or a random choice may be used in its stead. A lynched person cannot send in a choice after his/her lynch.
• Except for the current
HoH
and two
nominees
, all other players must vote to lynch/evict one of the nominees. Failure to do so before the deadline may result in modkill. All votes must be in bold.
Vote: Nominee
. In this game, there is no unvoting and please do not confirm your vote. Once you vote, you are stuck with it. Everyone who is eligible must vote before deadline. Lynches will require a simple plurality of votes. If the count ends in a tie, the current HoH will break the tie publicly. If at deadline a player has not yet voted by the 14-day deadline, he may be modkilled.
• Once all players have voted, I will formally post a final vote count. If I do not formally post a final vote count, assume that the lynch has already occurred and deadlines reset. Once you have been lynched, you may no longer post,
not even a “bah” post
. Please do not discuss the game further with people inside or outside the game.
• If any special powers exist in the game (ie: power of veto, coup d'etat or america's player, etc.), they will be a one-shot ability that can be passed onward to other players. The current holder of the power can elect to use it that week or pass it onward to another player (but not the person who sent it to him/her) for the next week. The first time that the ability is used by any player in the game, it will be removed for the remainder of the game. When a special power is used in the game, the current holder will PM me how s/he wants to use the power. These powers must be used by the 10-day deadline (to prevent last minute manipulation). Once I receive notice that the current holder wishes to use the power, I will reveal the results of said power, as well as the history of who has had that power during each week in the game.
• Do not edit/delete any previous submitted posts. Do not use invisible text or color=black.
• Do not quote any PMs from me, or anything from outside the game. The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread.
• Please try to post at least once per day. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread and PM me ASAP. Treat this game as a commitment and be considerate.
• I am your mod. Anything I say goes. PM me if you have any questions.

Please confirm in thread. Mafia may talk to each other via PMs until the game officially begins. Once all confirms are in, we will begin shortly thereafter.

Deadlines

1 - HoH crowned
7 - HoH must announce the two nominees
10 - Any special powers must be used
13 - All votes must be posted in thread. Both nominees must have PMed their choice for HoH for next week in the case of his/her eviction.
Last edited by pablito on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by pablito »

Open Roles

alpha dog trio x3 wrote:You are in
the alpha dog trio with AAA BBB and CCC.
. You may talk with your fellow mafia until the midpoint of D0. I will notify you 48 hours before this deadline. You may
NOT
PM your fellow mafia or any other player still alive after that point.

Win condition: The alpha dog trio is alive and outnumbers or equals all others still in the game.

Please confirm in thread
passive-aggressive trio x3 wrote:You are in
the passive-aggressive trio with XXX YYY and ZZZ.
. You may talk with your fellow mafia until the midpoint of D0. I will notify you 48 hours before this deadline. You may
NOT
PM your fellow mafia or any other player still alive after that point.

Win condition: The passive-aggressive trio is alive and outnumbers or equals all others still in the game.

Please confirm in thread
floater townie x6 wrote:You are a “floater”. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread.

Win Condition: You win with the Town when all evil is gone.

Please confirm in thread
Sup, later.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:16 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

OMG FIRST CONFIRM!
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:39 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

/confirm
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:45 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

/confirm
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:34 am

Post by ckillor »

/confirm
My bandwagon can beat up your bandwagon.
trabony
trabony
Townie
trabony
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:09 am

Post by trabony »

/confirm
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:14 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

/confirm
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:00 am

Post by Pug89 »

/confirm
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:29 am

Post by ryan »

/confirm
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

/confirm.
Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:13 am

Post by Flare »

/confirm
Pleased to meet you. Won't you guess my name?

But what's puzzling you is the, nature of my game.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:14 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

/confirm
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:59 am

Post by pablito »

Seeing that 11 confirms have been in, I feel comfortable starting Day Zero so that activity and motivation does not wane. During Day Zero, no one will be lynched and no one will be crowned HoH. This is to give players the opportunity to talk before automatic deadlining starts up.

Please note that there will be no voting or any game mechanisms starting during day zero. More importantly, please note
Mafia families are still free to PM other fellow mafiosos during Day Zero
. I will announce a deadline in the future for when intramafia communication must stop. I will give 48 hours notice before the deadline is set. Therefore, since mafia are day-masons at this current stage, it may be detrimental to the town or even to mafia to get too in depth with strategy talk.

However, feel free to get to know each other while we wait for everyone to come in.

Julie Chen: Tonight on Big Brother, 12 houseguests from all walks of life will enter the Big Brother Household. What surprises are in store for this season? Will there be any romances or secret rooms to find? Will any of the players have a pre-existing relationship? Find out on tonight's live episode!
Sup, later.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Pablito, one thing I want to clear up that I don't see in the rules:

How is the HoH chosen for the first day? I see that the lynched player chooses the next HoH, but how are we picking an HoH to start us off?

Game sounds like a lot of fun, btw. Thanks for hosting it.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Hi VRK!

Mini 425 ftw!*erhm loss :(*

<3

To the rest of you

Minor <3 since I haven't played with you yet.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by ckillor »

YAY for Chenbot!!! don't for get to add in "And Then," a lot pablito, so that your chenbot imitation is perfect
My bandwagon can beat up your bandwagon.
Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:54 pm

Post by Flare »

Hello all, STD, Peg, etc etc

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:58 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Yay the game is started!
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:53 am

Post by Flare »

DoS, if you lurk, I am kicking you in the shin.

And by lurking I mean our definition of lurking. Not 'Oh Em Gee I'm posting, leave me alone'

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:23 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Sweet shin kicking. Always up for making someone hop on one leg :twisted:

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Who wants to be my fuckbuddy who's really my long lost mother?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:21 am

Post by ryan »

Uh..............no thanks.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”