503: Dead People Have Powers - Happiness Or Destruction?

Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:26 am

Post by Y »

Mod: Do we know when Setael starts to transport some one to the afterlife?
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:27 am

Post by Y »

Mod: Do we know when Setael starts to transport some one to the afterlife?

No
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:30 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Spambot spambot, you do have fallacies in your logic. You want to lynch scum, and yet you do not volunteer yourself? They already know, spambot, they already know.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:14 am

Post by Setael »

Spambot wrote:Alright, correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think we should be lynching me today and that the town spiritualist should claim. Now, this is from my perspective, and if you guys don't trust me then it can't possibly seem like a good plan to you guys.

However, if I am a ghost and can protect the spiritualist every night, I don't think the scum can win. It looks like the setup was completely open, so there should be no chance of them being able to interfere, and the only way I see us losing now is if the spiritualist dies and then the neutrals/last scum gain control of the lynch.

I haven't worked out the math, so I don't know if it's necessary to do this now, but we only need to keep one townie alive to win.

I think if anything else we try to lynch another scum today, that way they only gain one extra kill (kabenon with two nights left, new scum with 3). That cuts down on their number of shots at townies.

It looks like NightLight was town, and who knows how many we have left alive?

Does anybody disagree with my plan here for a reason other than not trusting me? I'm trying to figure out if there is a problem with my logic.
Spambot has a point. If mafia accidentally or on purpose NK the Town spiritualist tonight then we have a problem. If that were to happen, we would not want to lynch the real cop after all because it would do us no good - all ties to the afterlife would be cut off and he would not be able to make any investigations.

The worst thing that could happen is Spambot comes up vanilla (meaning he is scum) and they are able to make another NK while we are unable to make an investigation. Anyone think this is Spambot's goal? It also seemed like he may have been trying to trick the Town spiritualist into claiming before he is lynched. He should have told the Town spiritualist to NOT claim until after he comes up doc.

@the Town spiritualist: DO NOT CLAIM until after Spambot is lynched and comes up doc. If he comes up vanilla, he is lying to us and you will not want to claim because you will be vulnerable to scum NKs.

I'm torn. I can see scum being more likely to come up with this plan than the real doc, actually, since it prevents us from investigating someone tonight. Also, Spambot's play has been a lot like kabenon's was - very active and helpful and town friendly, and then kabenon came up scum. I need to reread them both, but I'm wondering if RandomActs is the real doc.

I'm also wondering about this:
Spambot wrote:that way they only gain one extra kill (kabenon with two nights left, new scum with 3)
Has Max told us this? My understanding was that once one scum dies, they are able to start making NKs and can for the rest of the game. Did anyone else assume it works the way Spambot said, or is it possible Spambot knows this because he is scum?

Mod: Can scum only make NKs if one of them has been lynched, but has not yet moved on to the afterlife? Or now that one has been lynched, are they able to make NKs every night from now on regardless?
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:23 am

Post by Spambot »

Setael wrote:
Spambot wrote:Alright, correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think we should be lynching me today and that the town spiritualist should claim. Now, this is from my perspective, and if you guys don't trust me then it can't possibly seem like a good plan to you guys.

However, if I am a ghost and can protect the spiritualist every night, I don't think the scum can win. It looks like the setup was completely open, so there should be no chance of them being able to interfere, and the only way I see us losing now is if the spiritualist dies and then the neutrals/last scum gain control of the lynch.

I haven't worked out the math, so I don't know if it's necessary to do this now, but we only need to keep one townie alive to win.

I think if anything else we try to lynch another scum today, that way they only gain one extra kill (kabenon with two nights left, new scum with 3). That cuts down on their number of shots at townies.

It looks like NightLight was town, and who knows how many we have left alive?

Does anybody disagree with my plan here for a reason other than not trusting me? I'm trying to figure out if there is a problem with my logic.
Spambot has a point. If mafia accidentally or on purpose NK the Town spiritualist tonight then we have a problem. If that were to happen, we would not want to lynch the real cop after all because it would do us no good - all ties to the afterlife would be cut off and he would not be able to make any investigations.

The worst thing that could happen is Spambot comes up vanilla (meaning he is scum) and they are able to make another NK while we are unable to make an investigation. Anyone think this is Spambot's goal? It also seemed like he may have been trying to trick the Town spiritualist into claiming before he is lynched. He should have told the Town spiritualist to NOT claim until after he comes up doc.

@the Town spiritualist: DO NOT CLAIM until after Spambot is lynched and comes up doc. If he comes up vanilla, he is lying to us and you will not want to claim because you will be vulnerable to scum NKs.

I'm torn. I can see scum being more likely to come up with this plan than the real doc, actually, since it prevents us from investigating someone tonight. Also, Spambot's play has been a lot like kabenon's was - very active and helpful and town friendly, and then kabenon came up scum. I need to reread them both, but I'm wondering if RandomActs is the real doc.

I'm also wondering about this:
Spambot wrote:that way they only gain one extra kill (kabenon with two nights left, new scum with 3)
Has Max told us this? My understanding was that once one scum dies, they are able to start making NKs and can for the rest of the game. Did anyone else assume it works the way Spambot said, or is it possible Spambot knows this because he is scum?

Mod: Can scum only make NKs if one of them has been lynched, but has not yet moved on to the afterlife? Or now that one has been lynched, are they able to make NKs every night from now on regardless?
I was actually kind of saying that the spiritualist might want to claim today if we lynch me, because otherwise the scum get a free shot at them. I realize this plan requires a ton of faith in you guys believing me, but I KNOW it's the right play. If you need me to try and convince you that RandomActs is lying, then just look at how he's been playing. He's been lurking very hard for the past couple days, and he hasn't even checked in today, I don't think. The way he jumped on Kabenon near the end despite "Spambot voting for him too" stinks as hell now.

Regarding the scum nightkills, that was a flavor assumption on my part. I don't know if I read that anywhere, but I just assumed that if there was no ghost scum, who would be carrying out the kills?
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
Kilroy8675309
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:59 am

Post by Kilroy8675309 »

Aww, Kabenon didn't turn up Cop. How depressing. Were you surprised? 'Cause I was surprised.

Vote: Kilroy8675309
I think we can disregard anything that Kabenon says right now. Spambot is the scum. Those statements seem to not be correllated, but they are.
If children cause accidents in the backseat, and accidents in the backseat cause children, which came first?

"My point is, make people explain themselves." --RafK
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:09 am

Post by skitzer »

mmm...not very convincing, Kilroy.

vote: Draux

Not very talkative. Seemingly innocent. Safe bet.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:13 am

Post by Y »

There's a major flaw in my theory that I didn't take into consideration because of something some one said after my post. My conclusions are very likely to be wrong.
I'm keeping the details to myself for now, since tomorrow (Game-wise) I'll know for sure.

I assumed, like Spambot, that mafia can kill only as long as there mafiosos in the purgatory. I'm also assuming that as long as at least one spiritualist is alive, we're in contact with the dead (Or else we wouldn't need to kill our spiritualist to win).

If that is true, we can manage as long as their spiritualist is alive, so killing ours will not be that bad. But, and this is a big one, the more townies we have out in the open, the chances of mafia hitting neutrals gets lower, so the spiritualist needs not to claim.

I think we should focus on killing scum as fast as possible. kabenon's posts might help us, but it seems like he keeps pointing at every one, making a lot of WIFOM. We should check his actions before he admitted he's scum.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:15 am

Post by Y »

skitzer wrote:mmm...not very convincing, Kilroy.

We actually know that there is a 99% of Kilroy being the real cop.
You do know where trying to make as little blind choices as we can, right?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:24 am

Post by skitzer »

Well I don't exactly get this variation

Now, I'm going to ask a question to all of you: Is it okay If I ask for a replacement? I don't get the game and all I'm doing is hindering the game.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:32 am

Post by Setael »

Spambot wrote:I was actually kind of saying that the spiritualist might want to claim today if we lynch me, because otherwise the scum get a free shot at them. I realize this plan requires a ton of faith in you guys believing me, but I KNOW it's the right play. If you need me to try and convince you that RandomActs is lying, then just look at how he's been playing. He's been lurking very hard for the past couple days, and he hasn't even checked in today, I don't think. The way he jumped on Kabenon near the end despite "Spambot voting for him too" stinks as hell now.

Regarding the scum nightkills, that was a flavor assumption on my part. I don't know if I read that anywhere, but I just assumed that if there was no ghost scum, who would be carrying out the kills?
I would like to reiterate to the Town Spiritualist -
DO NOT CLAIM.
This post of Spambot's made me very suspicious that he is the scum. He seems to be trying to get the Town Spiritualist to claim so they can NK him. If he doesn't claim, the odds are very low scum will hit him tonight. However, if he claims and Spambot happens to be scum, the Town Spiritualist gets NK'd and scum then have full control over when ties to the afterlife are cut off because they know who the scum spiritualist is. Spambot's plan seems really scummy. IGMEOY.

@skitzer - are you reading the game? I don't see how you're not understanding, unless you're just not reading. Do what you want. If you aren't going to read the game, then yes you need to get replaced.

@kilroy - don't be so smug. It's your own fault we didn't lynch the real cop. You should be taking full responsibility and apologizing to the town instead of trying to blame us. EVERYONE agreed that you seemed more scummy than kabenon. Whose fault do you think that is?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:34 am

Post by skitzer »

I just don't have the time. Fine. I'll read this afternoon. If I still have absolutely no idea, I'll ask for a replacement.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:10 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Y wrote:We should check his actions before he admitted he's scum.
You mean this one?
I, Scum, wrote:No death_omen. I am the real cop. I got my investigation and everything done. Setael is scum, and must have just waited on her kill for someone else to be lynched so she would have someone to pin as scum. Cuz I investigated you, and you turned up townie. So Setael was scum. She just waited. Smart move.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:21 am

Post by Spambot »

Setael wrote:
Spambot wrote:I was actually kind of saying that the spiritualist might want to claim today if we lynch me, because otherwise the scum get a free shot at them. I realize this plan requires a ton of faith in you guys believing me, but I KNOW it's the right play. If you need me to try and convince you that RandomActs is lying, then just look at how he's been playing. He's been lurking very hard for the past couple days, and he hasn't even checked in today, I don't think. The way he jumped on Kabenon near the end despite "Spambot voting for him too" stinks as hell now.

I would like to reiterate to the Town Spiritualist -
DO NOT CLAIM.
This post of Spambot's made me very suspicious that he is the scum. He seems to be trying to get the Town Spiritualist to claim so they can NK him. If he doesn't claim, the odds are very low scum will hit him tonight. However, if he claims and Spambot happens to be scum, the Town Spiritualist gets NK'd and scum then have full control over when ties to the afterlife are cut off because they know who the scum spiritualist is. Spambot's plan seems really scummy. IGMEOY.
It is also a good plan because it means that the scum have zero chance of hitting the spiritualist. Do you really think I'd come up with such a ballsy plan as scum? I mean, I've been saying all along that it's a terrible plan for you guys if you don't feel like you trust that I'm the real doc, and I'm not trying to make anybody follow it. I'm just pointing that the only way we lose is if the spiritualist dies and I don't want that to happen.

I guess a compromise is to lynch me now and then when I come up as the doc they spiritualist can claim tomorrow. It's a small chance that the scum will kill them, but from my point of view it's an unnecessary risk.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:23 am

Post by Setael »

Yes, I do think you'd come up with "such a ballsy plan" as scum because you are claimed and know we will be lynching you soon. If you are scum, we will know it shortly and no longer trust what you are saying. It makes sense that you would try to get the spiritualist to claim BEFORE you die if once you die we're no longer going to trust you.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Spambot »

You're not even trying to look at this from a townie perspective. I've been here posting and trying all game, and RandomActs has done crap.

Are we agreed that we want to either lynch the doc or scum today? Then take your pick, either way it's win-win from your perspective. Either I'm scum and you got me, or I'm the doc and the spiritualist can claim tomorrow.

Vote: Spambot
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Y »

kabenon007 wrote:You mean this one?
Yes, and all your posts before it. Maybe a few after this one.

We should decide what will be our way of action from now on: Do we kill the cop, or do we kill scum. I think we should wait for Max's answer (Whether they can kill if there are no mafiosos in purgatory).
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:36 am

Post by Y »

Spambot wrote:You're not even trying to look at this from a townie perspective. I've been here posting and trying all game, and RandomActs has done crap.
She is, and so do I. We can say the exact same thing about the cops. Your point is not convincing.
Spambot wrote:Are we agreed that we want to either lynch the doc or scum today?
No. Therefore these:
Spambot wrote:Then take your pick, either way it's win-win from your perspective. Either I'm scum and you got me, or I'm the doc and the spiritualist can claim tomorrow.
Is not exactly true.
Night_Light
Night_Light
Townie
Night_Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:47 am

Post by Night_Light »

I think we need Max to clarify when the scum can kill. I had assumed that htey could only kill while one scum was a ghost- that after the mafia was transported the kills would stop again until we had another dead mafia. In that case spambot's plan makes slightly more sense - if he doesn't come up doc we're only sacrificing one night.

even if the mafia can now kill every night, there's not much that we can do about it whether or not spambot is telling the truth.

So, overall, the spiritualist needs to stay under wraps for now, and shouldn't even think about coming forward until we have a proven doc dead. i would actually be OK with lynching either kilroy or spambot or random acts - i think we should just clear all three of them out and transport the vanillas.
Draux
Draux
Goon
Draux
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:09 am

Post by Draux »

skitzer wrote:mmm...not very convincing, Kilroy.

Umm, Skitzer, do you understand our current situation?

Spambot makes a good point. I'm actually not so sure now whether we should Lynch the Cop today or not. It all depends on the chances that the Scum will Nightkill the Spiritualist this Night, and possibly the next. Should we Lynch the Cop today, they have a 1 in 5 chance of hitting the Spiritualist this Night, and that becomes 1 in 4 the next Night. The question is, should we sacrifice Cop investigations to protect our Spiritualist for sure?

Something I'm worried about is why they Nightkilled Night_Light. She was clearly willing to be Lynched Day 1, indicating that she probably wasn't the Spiritualist. I'm not sure whether they didn't realise that or there's some other reason behind this.

Either way, we don't need to be hasty in Lynching the DocScum yet. We know one of two people is the DocScum, and it doesn't really matter which order we Lynch them in because Scum will still get the same number of Nightkills anyway - considering that we decide to Lynch the Doc even when the DocScum is dead. I never really considered that at least one Scum needs to be in the purgatory for them to Nightkill. I just assumed that as long as one of them is no longer alive, they can kill. We'd need a Mod clarification on this.

Anyway, I should
Unvote
for now while I think about this.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:11 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Night_Light wrote:i would actually be OK with lynching either kilroy or spambot or random acts - i think we should just clear all three of them out and transport the vanillas.
Not a good idea. We're both dead, once they lynch the last scum, game over for us. Come on, think Night_Light.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:47 am

Post by skitzer »

OK. Now I have time to
unvote
and read through the entirety of the game.

I want to say sorry for being such a jerk and not reading through before. Once I have finished, I will invocate and finally, make a true and sincere vote.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:55 am

Post by skitzer »

EBWOP: I got to the end of the first page, and I was terribly confused. I'm sincerely sorry, but I have to replace. I have very little idea how this game is comprised.

Once again, so sorry.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:24 am

Post by RandomActs »

Vote: Kilroy8675309

As was stated earlier, let's make sure we have a real cop lynched so the investigations can start. By comparing the death scenes we should be able to tell who the real cop is.

I don't like Spambot's plan. I think it's clear he's fishing. When all the scum are lynched,
then
we lynch the medium for the win. So the medium should not claim until then.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:24 am

Post by ckillor »

i thought that the cop would get revealed when he died. so doesnt it mean that kilroy is cop?
and if he isnt that isnt a huge deal since they already have ability to night kill and we can't wait three nights or however long for the dead to be passed on. so i
Vote Kilroy
My bandwagon can beat up your bandwagon.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”