503: Dead People Have Powers - Happiness Or Destruction?

Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

503: Dead People Have Powers - Happiness Or Destruction?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:14 am

Post by Max »

Alive And Well (6)
ckillor
Draux
Qman
replaced by DeliciousGoldfish
Spambot

Not So Alive And Well (5)

Y, townie, nightkilled night 5
RandomActs, townie, Lynched day 5
Coron
replaced by skitzer, Townie, Nightkilled night 3
Kilroy8675309, Cop Lynched day 3
Night_Light, Townie, Nightkilled Night 2.

suspicious handbag
replaced by Seteal, Townie, Lynched Day 1 (Transporter)

Been Transfered To The Afterlife (1)

Death Omen, Town, Lynched day 4

kabenon007, Mafia, Lynched Day 2, Transfered, Night 2, Day 3, Night 3

Possible Roles:
Mafia PM wrote:You are mafia with X & Y. You can only kill when one of you is dead. During night you may talk among yourselves.
You win when all townies are dead or that is unstopable

Z is also a spiritual channeler if he is alive all dead people can talk and vote during day.
neutral PM wrote:You are neutral you don't know how you got here but you have one aim, To leave this town, because of quarantine you can't leave until end game stay alive until then
cop PM wrote:You are the town cop. When you are dead you may investigate 1 player a night. You win when the mafia have been all killed and all connections to the afterlife have been cut.
doc PM wrote:You are the town doctor. If you are dead you may protect 1 player a night. You win when the mafia have all been killed and all connections to the afterlife have been cut
Townie Spiritual Channeler PM wrote:You are the townie spiritual channeler if you are alive all dead people can talk and vote. Unfortunately to win all mafia must have been killed and all connections with the afterlife have been cut. Which unforunately means for town to win you must die.
townie PM wrote:You are a normal towns person and were a friend of a dead person unfortunately their dead and can't help you. However I know something that can your vote and your voice use it wisely
Last edited by Max on Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:09 am, edited 17 times in total.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:19 am

Post by Max »

Just The Everyday Rules
(Stolen from Cavan who mudkipped from MeMe who rule napped from Mert):

* Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
* Please be attentive and unvote, if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not required, but I’d appreciate it.
* Executions will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. If A majority is not reached it will be
* If I decide a deadline is necessary, a majority must still be reached. However, if no majority decision has been made by the deadline, I will lower the vote need by 1 for 24 hours. If this hasn't been reached I will continue doing so until we reach a lynch LYNCHES MUST TAKE PLACE
* The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so, and then only when it states you may do so.
* Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. A 'Bah!' post is acceptable, but nothing more.
* Don’t quote any PMs from me. You may paraphrase, however.
* If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice to me, tough! No choice will be made.
* Typing in code is fine, but no invisible text.
* If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
* No flaming or personal insults, outside what is necessary to argue a point. If I decide you have crossed the line, I will give ONE warning. If such behavior occurs a second time, I will seek a replacement or modkill.
* Remember, it’s a game. It’s supposed to played. It’s supposed to be fun. Do your part.

Your Out Of This World
Miracles
Rules

When Dead carry on playing remember DEAD PEOPLE HAVE POWERS
You can vote and talk when dead only one difference POWERS CAN BE USED WHEN DEAD
First Person To Die May choose whether to passage people of their choice to the afterlife (so do you lynch the cop first?)
To be transferred to the afterlife you must have been dead at least 36 game hours
3 game stages so Day, Night, Day or Night, Day, Night
Last edited by Max on Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:24 am

Post by ckillor »

do we need to confirm, if so, this is me doing just that!
My bandwagon can beat up your bandwagon.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:33 am

Post by Max »

With A strange Shudder The Worlds Blew Together
The Dead And Alive Could Stay Together Forever
Among This Region There Was A Town
Mafia And Townies Had A strange Frown
All of their powers had mysteriously gone
So power roles had decreased to none
All but one person didn't have a clue
What on earth they where going to do
Then someone told them their power was transferred
Info that Only A wise man inferred
That to use their powers once again
Then must go to the land of the dead!!!

Day 1 Has Started

with 12 alive and 0 dead its 7 to lynch

Please Read Rules
death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:50 am

Post by death_omen »

Hi guys,

Random Vote: Y

One letter names are so suspicious.
The journey to your destination is often much more important than the destination itself.
-DO

Ps. God, I'm so wise some times.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:50 am

Post by Y »

I always get "random" voted. I'm statistically challenged...
death_omen wrote:One letter names are so suspicious.
You're right... They always get the mafia roles...
Draux
Draux
Goon
Draux
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Draux »

You know what's even more suspicious than one letter names? =D

Vote: Suspicious Handbag
Night_Light
Night_Light
Townie
Night_Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:12 am

Post by Night_Light »

Odd references to old songs?

Random
vote: kilroy 867-5309
Draux
Draux
Goon
Draux
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:20 am

Post by Draux »

Max wrote:First Person To Die May choose whether to passage people of their choice to the afterlife (so do you lynch the cop first?)
There's something worrying about this rule. =/
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

So, if I am reading this correctly, the only way that our power roles, eg. the doc and cop, will have any sort of power, is if they are dead. So the question that obviously comes from this is do we have them come out so we can lynch them and thereby have power roles, or do we wait and try to lynch scum the old fashion way, and if we hit one of our power roles, then all the better? I'm leaning toward the latter, since we might hit scum without sacrificing any townie deaths, but in the event of a mislynch we can gain a little something from it.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by ckillor »

so we have to wait atleast 3 phases for a power role person to start to get any info? and if we don't start with one of the power roles then we would have to wait even longer?? wow. that seems crappy because atleast 4 people will be dead total by the time the first role gets activated
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:17 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

no, ckillor, as I gathered from the setup, it's three phases, as in Day1, Night1, Day2. So the power role would get power either day2 or night 2. So we would lose one other person, I believe. I could have interpreted it wrong, but that is what I gather.
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by ckillor »

but if we lynch day one, the mafia kill on night one, then lynch on day two, thats three people dead and Possibly one power role

oh but one mafia has to die for them to get to start killing so...
alot of it depends who we kill first, and if the mafia decide to sacrifice one of them selves
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by Spambot »

Is it me, or is this setup completely breakable? I think I'm missing something. If we lynch the cop, then he starts getting investigations, can't we just no lynch until he's investigated everybody?

I also have no idea what that line about choosing who moves on or whatever means. How do people go from dead to completely out of the game?
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by RandomActs »

The phrase "better off dead" keeps circling in my mind. It may be to our advantage to intentionly mislynch a power role, not only to get the clock moving toward their "return" but also to give us more time to discern who the scum might be. Scum can't kill until we get one of them. So until we lynch scum, we have the only killing power in the game. Imagine that! We just have to make sure that there's at least one medium alive, otherwise a dead power player will be useless.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
Night_Light
Night_Light
Townie
Night_Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:50 pm

Post by Night_Light »

Right, but even if we aim to lynch our cop, we'll have the same problem as trying to lynch mafia but in reverse. Since the set-up is pretty clear, there's a large incentive for mafia to fake-claim town power roles.

So, do we all have the impression that the first person we kill will forever have the power of decided whether dead people get to move on to the afterlife, or just be dead? And I'm a bit confused which of those states lets people use their powers...
Kilroy8675309
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by Kilroy8675309 »

Hmm... Night_Light raises a good point. The first thought that occurred to me was, "We lynch the Doctor, have the Channeller claim, and... win?" But, upon actually
considering
the game, you are correct, they can in fact lie.

I'm hesitant to lynch someone. Consider, if the Scum got the ability to shepherd people to the afterlife? What position would we be in, then?
If children cause accidents in the backseat, and accidents in the backseat cause children, which came first?

"My point is, make people explain themselves." --RafK
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:36 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Kilroy8675309 wrote:Hmm... Night_Light raises a good point. The first thought that occurred to me was, "We lynch the Doctor, have the Channeller claim, and... win?" But, upon actually
considering
the game, you are correct, they can in fact lie.
This is all so counter-intuitive to what I'm used to. What we don't know (yet) is whether the deceased's alignment will be revealed as usual during the death scene. And what recourse do we have against someone lying who's already dead? Can't lynch them again I suppose.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:12 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

spambot raises a good point. I could see that as a distinctly possible scenario, but I would hope that Max has some sort of counter to that, for that would just make the game far too easy, and therefore boring. I would assume that the major counter to spambot's point is that scum could claim cop as well, and then we are right back to square one, and then what? We really have no information to make an educated guess as to who is the true cop or doc or whatever. As far as I can see, the first person we lynch needs to be town... power role. I think. This game is going to fry my already fragile mind!!! :(
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Post by Spambot »

I think we need some clarification from the mod here. Clearly, I'm not the only one somewhat confused about the rules.

Also, real early thoughts:

The people that "random" voted and then gave a bad reason are weird. It's not random if you give a reason, no matter how bad the reason is. They could be trying hard too fit in or something. I guess that's more of an issue with logic for me, and not really scummy. Hey, it's early.

I liked the way NL pointed out scum could fake claim, but at the same time it probably was not a good play. Like, if they counterclaim the doc or something, then they're going to get lynched eventually anyway.

If we lynch scum today, do we autolose? This is what I'm not getting. I think it's highly likely the scum have a roleblocker of some sort, otherwise they'd never be able to stop the doc from protecting people. Basically, we need to kill them and then survive for 3 days, right? At that point, it looks like they can be removed from the game or whatever. It's very interesting that they can only kill if one of them is dead.
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
Draux
Draux
Goon
Draux
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:03 pm

Post by Draux »

Unvote

Yea, I sent a PM asking a few questions to Max. Either way, a Cop Lynch seems like the way to go at this point. I'm not exactly clear on the details of the "First Person to Die" rule, or the effects of someone being sent to the Afterlife or not, but Lynching a Pro-Town power role seems like the obvious choice. The Cop just seems far more useful than the Doc to me. However, the false-claiming makes this a very risky strategy. If we Lynch Scum instead of Cop first, that could be disastrous. Should there be a Cop counter-claim, I'm thinking we should leave the "Cops" and Lynch the Doc instead.

The Channelers are also a somewhat strange concept. I don't think we want the Town's Channeler to die early on, because then the Mafia would probably sacrifice their own Channeler to completely seal off all connections with the dead, making it much easier for them to win. The Mafia would probably want to get rid of the Town's Channeler at all costs, as this would give them a relatively big advantage over the Town. Something that's also been confusing me are these Neutrals. Is there only one? Is there more than one? Do they outnumber the Mafia? If there's a large number of them, then there's a likely chance that they'll choose to be on the Mafia's side. Since their goal is to survive, and the Mafia's win condition does not state that these Neutrals have to be killed, siding with the Mafia is the logical choice for Neutrals. This could be bad for us.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:31 pm

Post by Y »

The most obvious play is to kill the cop, no-lynch until we have results and then kill all the mafia and the channeler.

Possible problems:
False claims.
Cop's sanity. This could really prevent the town from using said strategy.

As I understand it, there is only one spiritualist. The mafia want him to live, so is the town until all mafias has been killed.
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:22 am

Post by ckillor »

its hard to tell if there is one spiritualist though because it looks like the mafia know who they are, which doesnt make much sense either.

i don't understand how neutral is different from townie
Kilroy8675309
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:36 am

Post by Kilroy8675309 »

Should there be a Cop counter-claim, I'm thinking we should leave the "Cops" and Lynch the Doc instead.
Who's to say there will not be a scum counter-claim of the doctor, also?
If children cause accidents in the backseat, and accidents in the backseat cause children, which came first?

"My point is, make people explain themselves." --RafK
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Max »

To clarify: Neutral has to survive to endgame

2 spiritualists: 1 town 1 mafia

When dead people are transported to the afterlife they are out of the game
The first 1 to die would be the transporter and would decide WHO among the dead would be transported and they would then have 3 phases remaining

When they are sent to the afterlife they are out of the game and their alignment revealed the 2 ways to do that is
A) Cut all ties with the afterlife then roles are revealed on the first turn of death
B) Send people to the afterlife then roles are revealed when the passage to death is complete

When A player dies they will get transported to the other side if the transported wants them to be

power roles will be revealed when they are in the afterlife (mafia will be called vanilla) when they reach afterlife the full role and alignment will be revealed
IF the neutral dies they will be removed from the game

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”