ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:43 am

Post by ChronX »

BM wrote:FoS: HeH for the whole 'i might modify my claim' argument. Srsly, if you were town, you would realise that there is no way that ANYTHING Chronx says can impact your claim as long as he doesnt go overboard with the claiming.
You know, BM, your play in this game has been almost as bad if not worse than you accuse everyone else of playing. Are you deliberately misconstruing what HeH ACTUALLY said, or did you not bother to read what he ACTUALLY said?

What he said is that by going first it would PREVENT him from modifying his claim, or in other words, he couldn't be accused of doing that. You then proceed to accuse him of being scum because he wants to avoid any appearance that he is scum.

Oh, and practice typing "paranoid". You aren't going to like the details of what I have to say.

Hurry up, HeH. It gets fun soon.

SP, you around?
Effectively done with MS
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:16 am

Post by distad »

<sigh>

[/tapping impatiently]
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Sorry for the delay -- work actually expected me to work. Imagine that. :roll: Now, as promised, here is my complete claim.

I’m the Cop. The first night (when =Confused= died) I investigated Battle Mage, but my choice was role blocked. I investigated BM again on the second night (when Raffles was killed) and this time he came back innocent. I investigated distad on the third night (when poor d3sisted II died for the second time) and he also came back innocent.

IMPORTANT: NOBODY VOTE!
I know this may be obvious, but I'm not taking any chances. We are likely in LYLO and one townie vote for another gives the scum a chance to quick lynch and defeat us. We've got some time and shouldn't rush to conclusions and lynch somebody without thinking everything through. I've got some ideas about who is scum that aren't what you might expect but I certainly think are valid. I've got to think them through and then I'll post. Obviously everybody should be considering all the angles as well. But I'll repeat:

DON'T VOTE FOR ANYONE YET!
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

not the strongest claim in the world by a long shot. The odds of having a Tracker and Cop and Jack of All Trades (3 roles with investigative capability) is very slim, and thats without also having a RB, 2 masons and a Doctor.
I also find it hard to believe that Distad is town.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ChronX wrote:
BM wrote:FoS: HeH for the whole 'i might modify my claim' argument. Srsly, if you were town, you would realise that there is no way that ANYTHING Chronx says can impact your claim as long as he doesnt go overboard with the claiming.
You know, BM, your play in this game has been almost as bad if not worse than you accuse everyone else of playing. Are you deliberately misconstruing what HeH ACTUALLY said, or did you not bother to read what he ACTUALLY said?

What he said is that by going first it would PREVENT him from modifying his claim, or in other words, he couldn't be accused of doing that. You then proceed to accuse him of being scum because he wants to avoid any appearance that he is scum.

Oh, and practice typing "paranoid". You aren't going to like the details of what I have to say.

Hurry up, HeH. It gets fun soon.

SP, you around?
lol it doesnt look like it is me with reading comprehension difficulties here. However, i'll give you 1 shot to explain yourself, because i really cba to deal with another CKD. :roll:
So, here's another question. I know you have trouble answering them, but if this fails, i don't think communication between you and us is going to be possible, full stop.
How could HeH have modified his claim based upon you confirming or denying seeing him on that night?

I'm getting ready to laugh my arse off at your response. :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Gorgon »

We have yet to hear from ChronX about who he has tracked last night and the night before; he has been suggesting that the results are interesting. I will reserve further judgement until he reveals this. Hopefully all the pieces will fall together neatly.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorgon wrote:We have yet to hear from ChronX about who he has tracked last night and the night before; he has been suggesting that the results are interesting. I will reserve further judgement until he reveals this. Hopefully all the pieces will fall together neatly.
he has also made inferences that he has information which presents me in a negative light, which truly intrigues me. Lets hope he doesnt backtrack now there is yet 1 more reason why i am not scum. ;)
Show

Nightkilled - 10

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:53 am

Post by distad »

Battle Mage wrote:not the strongest claim in the world by a long shot. The odds of having a Tracker and Cop and Jack of All Trades (3 roles with investigative capability) is very slim, and thats without also having a RB, 2 masons and a Doctor.
I'm reserving judgment until we hear from ChronX. I, too, find a lot of this rather fishy.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:14 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

If you believe all the power role claims it means we have/had the following power roles in the game: Doctor (=Confused=), Cop (me), Mason (Curiouskarmadog), Mason (d3sistedII), Tracker (ChronX), Role Blocker (Gorgon) and Jack-of-all-Trades (Battle Mage). That’s 7 power roles and there’s no way the town has that many – even in a speed game. Since I don’t think we have that many power roles on our side, I can think of 4 explanations: 1) One or more of the power roles are mafia aligned; 2) There is a Godfather to help balance things out; 3) I’m either an insane or naïve Cop; 4) One or more of the claims are false. Obviously more than one of these things is possible (and probable). Now I’m going to look a little closer at everyone.

The following are all dead, so their roles & alignments are obviously confirmed:
=Confused=: Doctor
d3sisted I: Vanilla
Raffles: Vanilla
Curiouskarmadog: Mason
d3sisted II: Mason

Now for the living, claimed power roles.

Hang ‘em High: Cop. I’m proceeding under the premise you believe my claim, although obviously you’ll have to judge for yourself. If you have any doubts about my claim, please raise them and I’ll be happy to answer. As for my sanity, in the Wiki it says: “All variant sanities are uncommon in Mini Games or other situations with just one Cop in the game.” Since we only have one Cop (so it seems), I think I’m probably sane and am proceeding under that assumption.

Gorgon: Role Blocker. Somebody role blocked me the first night, which makes his claim sound valid. The Role Blocker is a common role according to the Wiki, so it seems reasonable it would be in this game. Overall, I see no reason to believe he’s not a Role Blocker. However, according to the Wiki, “The most common Mafia power roles are the Mafia Doctor, the Mafia Cop, and the Mafia Roleblocker (this one also known as Prostitute).” I think there’s a good chance that Gorgon is a filthy whore. As I said above, due to the number of power roles out there, some of them must be mafia aligned in order to balance things out. I think this is most likely one.

ChronX: Tracker. The Tracker is not a common role, so it would be a little surprising (but certainly not out of the question) for one to be in the game. ChronX specifically stated he knew someone targeted BM on night 2. It would have been a real stretch to make such a specific statement unless his claim was true
or he knew in advance who someone was going to target at night
. I think it might be the latter. I don’t think ChronX is the Tracker – I think it’s likely ChronX is the Godfather and Gorgon is one of his scum buddies. He would know Gorgon was going to roleblock BM on night 2 and used that knowledge to claim Tracker, knowing Gorgon could back him up. BM says he investigated ChronX and he came back innocent – but that still fits if ChronX is the Godfather. Of course this whole theory only works if Gorgon is a scum Role Blocker. I have to do a reread to see if ChronX’s and Gorgon’s play fits this theory. If I recall correctly, it was ChronX’s claim that led to the mason lynch, which would explain why he claimed and makes me think this scenario is possible.

Battle Mage: Jack-of-all-Trades. This seems to be a very unusual role to have in a normal mini, so I think it’s also possible BM is the Godfather. He investigated innocent, so if he is scum he’s got to be the GF. Just going from memory I think ChronX’s play fits the GF role better than BM’s, but I’ve got to reread to get a better understanding.

To summarize, I think there are two likely scenarios. Here’s scenario one:

Town:
=Confused= (Doctor)
d3sisted I (Vanilla)
Raffles (Vanilla)
Curiouskarmadog (Mason)
d3sisted II (Mason)
Hang ‘em High (Cop)
Battle Mage (Jack-of-all-Trades)
distad (Vanilla)
Either Atticus or Sonicpulsar (Vanilla)

Scum:
Gorgon (Roleblocker/Prostitute)
ChronX (Godfather)
Either Atticus or Sonicpulsar (Goon)

Here’s scenario two:

Town:
=Confused= (Doctor)
d3sisted I (Vanilla)
Raffles (Vanilla)
Curiouskarmadog (Mason)
d3sisted II (Mason)
Hang ‘em High (Cop)
ChronX (Tracker)
distad (Vanilla)
Either Atticus or Sonicpulsar (Vanilla)

Scum:
Gorgon (Roleblocker/Prostitute)
Battle Mage (Godfather)
Either Atticus or Sonicpulsar (Goon)

I think either scenario is pretty balanced. Based on what I remember from the game, I’m thinking the first scenario is most likely. I’m now going to reread to see if either fits the past actions and I’m also going to try and come up with other scenarios and assess their likelihood.

Agree? Disagree? Point out any holes in my reasoning. Let’s discuss and figure out how to proceed.

Another possibility just occurred to me – there are two mafias. This would be unusual in a mini, but given the large number of power roles floating around it may be possible. That would put the current count at 3 town, 2 mafia & 2 mafia. I don’t even know if this is reasonable, but I wanted to put it out there for consideration as well.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

My comments are in bold within the quote.
Battle Mage wrote:not the strongest claim in the world by a long shot. The odds of having a Tracker and Cop and Jack of All Trades (3 roles with investigative capability) is very slim
I agree. If you look at my last post you'll see I think ChronX (or possibly you) is lying.
, and thats without also having a RB, 2 masons and a Doctor.
Again, I agree. That's why I think the RB isn't on our side at all.

I disagree. I've found him to be pro town all along and my investigation backs that up. It is possible he's the Godfather, which I'll consider as I reread -- but that would still give the town a whole lot of power roles.

ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:35 am

Post by ChronX »

I followed Gorgon on the night Raffles died. He went to BM's house.

The problem for me was, Gorgon has acted weird this whole game. And he was alluding to claiming due to the pressure BM had been putting on him to claim. And he hammered CKD, although claiming not to have realized he was doing so.

So I followed him again on the night d3sisted/mason was killed. Here's where it gets weird...he didn't go anywhere. His claim is that he went and blocked Atticus.

The problem I have with all of this is that I don't know what it means. Was I roleblocked but not informed, and instead just told he stayed home, as that what it would seem to me? Or did he lie? Or did he lie, but only about who he roleblocked...maybe he roleblocked ME because he doubted my claim, and THAT is what made me get the result I appeared to get. Or maybe he is a mafia roleblocker and roleblocked me because he DIDN'T doubt my claim.

I dragged out sharing this because it is so ambiguous, and I wanted as much untainted info as I could get out of people before I spoke of it. Personally, I wanted to press SP and Atticus to claim before I posted this, but I didn't think the rest of you would have any patience with that, and didn't want to jeopardize my credibility (further). I also wanted to see what people's reactions to HeH's claim would be while it was still fully in doubt (as, unfortunately, it is).

I don't know how to analyze any of this, and will gladly respond to further questions if they will help others analyze.

Another reason I followed Gorgon again is that the best experience I have with this game is the game I modded at the other site I play at (you know everything as it happens when you are modding, so it gives you pbp insight). In that game, 2 of the baddies opened the game with a love fest, but were soon openly accusing each other of being scum. Here, Gorgon opened the game blowing kisses to BM (as well as congratulating the scum on their doc kill, which is a huge scumtell); later, BM has pummelled the crap out of Gorgon.

From what I have metagamed of the original mod, he was an ambitious fellow, so I can totally see him setting this game up loaded with power roles, and trying to tweak it back and forth by also loading up the scum with tricks. Also, it took FOREVER for him to get approval to run this. So, a mafia roleblocker? I could see it. BM isn't going to like this, but I can still see him as the Godfather, although usually a Godfather has to be the killer and if he is roleblocked, the is no night kill.
Effectively done with MS
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:37 am

Post by distad »

Hey... I'll be back on in a little while. I just found out that my company was purchased late last night, so I'm not sure whether I need to get drunk or work on my resume or both.

BRB.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:40 am

Post by ChronX »

Cross posted with HeH's lengthy post. Reading and digesting, looks like we have similar trains of thought, except for the part where he suspects me and I can't clear him.
Effectively done with MS
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:11 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

So wow, we have a lot of power roles. Let me try to make a breakdown for reference on the conclusions I'm gonna make.

12 People:
2 Vanillas (d3ssisted 1, Raffles)
2 Masons (d3ssisted 2, CKD)
1 Doc (=Confused=)

We're left with 7 people, 3 of which I'm assuming are mafia.

Wow, this is getting fairly insane. We have the following thus far:

BM - Jack of All Trades
Gorgon - Roleblocker
Chronx - Tracker
HeH - Cop
Distad - Vanilla
Sonicpulsar - Vanilla
Atticus - Unknown

So yeah, I'm vanilla. That leaves Atticus to claim.

My first instinct would be to assume those claiming vanilla are most suspect without even looking at posts. But that'd leave myself, Distad and Atticus. HeH said Distad came up innocent but I'm actually inclined to not believe his claim.

I think HeH may be scum trying to look like a cop and made two "innocent" claims on Distad (who up until today most people saw as town) and BM (I feel like HeH is trying to win BM to his side). Quick conclusion: I think HeH may be scum. I'd like to hear what Chronx has to say and if it credits or discredits HeH in any way.

I don't have a good read on Distad yet. I'm actually leaning toward HeH and Distad being scum together and HeH's claim was a method of distancing himself from Distad. I'm not entirely sure. I haven't gotten a good vibe from Distad all game.

Next, I'm inclined to believe Chronx's claim. His claims seem legitimate and he's presenting them in a believable fashion. He's not being dodgey or indecisive.

I haven't liked BM's particular style of play this day. It makes me highly suspect but it's definitely not enough for me to vote for him yet. I'm very inclined to believe either him or HeH are scum. I don't it's likely they're both scum. If they are, they've done a great job of distancing themselves in my opinion.

I think Gorgon is telling the truth. He was one of the first to claim and his roleblocks have been backed by what others have said. I'm inclined to follow my original instinct and believe Gorgon's town.

That leaves Atticus. To be honest, he's lurked so much it's hard to really make a good call on him at all. Because of this (and it's convenient for me), I'm gonna say he's the third mafia member with HeH and Distad. Basically, HeH seems scummier than BM at the moment and I don't see a connection between Distad and BM.

So, that's my theory right now. To reiterate, I think HeH, Distad and Atticus are the scum. I'm far from willing to vote at this point, but I wanted to put my thoughts out there and see what others think. Have I made any logic mistakes? I tried to write down on a piece of paper everyone's claim and their implications and then compare that with my theory to see any discrepancies. It looks good to me.

Upon rereading this post, I thought it might be wise to go ahead and state some things people may ask about. If I'm wrong about Atticus, I'm not entirely sure who the third person would be. My claim that Atticus is scum is more out of convenience than anything. Assuming HeH and Distad are scum, I don't see a third link for them besides the lurker.

If I'm wrong on both HeH AND Atticus, I'm at a loss. It'd leave me with BM and practically no one else. I'd have to rethink this entire day's plays.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:12 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

distad wrote:Hey... I'll be back on in a little while. I just found out that my company was purchased late last night, so I'm not sure whether I need to get drunk or work on my resume or both.

BRB.
Good luck, distad -- hope it works out O.K. for you.

Back to the game. I want to give some thinking behind my investigation choices. The first night I chose Battle Mage simply because he was the most experienced player and I wanted to know his alignment. I got unlucky when Gorgon roleblocked me.

Going into night 2 I was still suspicious of BM, so I investigated him again. I considered investigating one of the claimed masons, but I really believed the claim since it seemed so unlikely to me that CKD would perform such a risky gambit if he were scum. I also thought if they were telling the truth there was a good chance one would die and I would waste my investigation. So I chose BM again. If you go back and read my posts from the following day, you'll see I dropped a number of hints that I thought BM was town and that we had a Cop on our side.

Going into night 3 the following people were alive: Me, BM, d3sisted II, ChronX, Gorgon, Atticus, Sonicpulsar and distad. I obviously wasn't investigating myself, I had already investigated BM, and d3sisted II was pretty much a confirmed mason after CKD's lynching -- so those three were out. I believed ChronX's claim at the time since I had investigated BM night 2 and he said he tracked someone going to BM's house night 2. At the time I was convinced he was indeed the Tracker (although I've since changed my mind -- see above theory), so I assumed he was town and didn't want to track him. That meant I had to choose between distad, Atticus, SonicPulsar and Gorgon -- and I figured the 3 scum were in that group. Therefore, my goal was to find the innocent one since that would mean the other 3 were scum. I thought distad was the most likely to be innocent, so that's who I chose.

Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:12 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Holy shit, I ate lunch with my wife and it took me over an hour to make/finish my post. As of the above post, I hadn't read anything past post 857. Just an FYI.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:23 am

Post by ChronX »

Well. One of my long held theories is now mostly in ruins; I thought for SURE SonicP was going to counterclaim cop once I saw that HeH had claimed cop. I had deliberately breadcrumbed in the direction of SP, implying at one point that it was he that I had followed, because I wanted other claims to have that essence of doubt about him and what he might claim.

I think all of the role claims should be treated with a grain of salt. Too many of them fit too neatly together...

As my sig indicates, but I want to call particular attention to it in this game, much like last week, I am leaving work shortly and will be occupied with family matters throughout the weekend. Luckily, this week there is no lynch to follow up on. Be advised that I do not expect to have much time for myself, nor much interest in reading and fighting on mafiascum during what time I can squeeze for myself. Most likely there won't be any content from me until Monday AM.
Effectively done with MS
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:26 am

Post by ChronX »

My last thought to leave the weekend on:
Hang' emHigh wrote:Therefore, my goal was to find the innocent one since that would mean the other 3 were scum. I thought distad was the most likely to be innocent, so that's who I chose.
This sentence should get you hung if we don't discover something else useful. Your goal as cop is to find the scum not the innocents. I think you just outsmarted yourself, pally.
Effectively done with MS
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:41 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

ChronX wrote:My last thought to leave the weekend on:
Hang' emHigh wrote:Therefore, my goal was to find the innocent one since that would mean the other 3 were scum. I thought distad was the most likely to be innocent, so that's who I chose.
This sentence should get you hung if we don't discover something else useful. Your goal as cop is to find the scum not the innocents. I think you just outsmarted yourself, pally.
I disagree totally -- I thought I had found a way to catch
all
the scum rather than just one. Here's my quote again with a key phrase emphasized:
Hang' emHigh wrote:Therefore, my goal was to find the innocent one
since that would mean the other 3 were scum
When I had to make my choice I was working under the assumption that 3 out of the following 4 were scum: Atticus, SonicPulsar, Gorgon and distad. If that assumption was true, then finding the one innocent among the group would by default identify
all
the scum. That's a better result than finding one guilty and still being unsure about the other 3. In light of recent events I no longer think my assumption was accurate, but at the time I thought it was valid. My strategy was a perfectly valid attempt to identify as many scum as possible.

FYI: As my sig also says, my access on weekends is limited. I should be able to check in, but I can't promise I'll be able to post much if at all.

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:52 am

Post by distad »

Well, I'm piecing this together in between conference calls (<sigh>), but this is what I have thus far:

I believe that BM, ChronX and HeH are all scum.

1)They spent the first 4 days of 'today' bickering. It's a huge distancing ploy that kills time so that now when the information is out there, we're under time-duress.

2)BM's claim is way too powerful. Vig, Doctor, Cop, RB, NK-immune, 'Reflector' ?? Good lord. Further, his explanation of =Confused= night doesn't make sense. If he figured that he would be killed, why wouldn't he have used his NK-protection that night? And if it is a standing protection that automatically is used the first night that he is targeted, why would he be surprised at all? He couldn't have died. It just doesn't make sense.

3)ChronX comes out with the idea to lynch a mason. Unfortunately, I agreed. BM knows that they're not scum, so pushes like all hell to not kill them that day; only to revisit them at lylo. After one died, they NK the other to remove the only confirmed townie. Then, the next morning, the first thing BM says is, "I hate it when I'm right." HA!

4)ChronX states that he's a tracker (non-confirmable) and says that he tracked someone to BM. He asks who targeted him, knowing that if no one else claimed to track him, one of the scum would certainly say "I did. I'm" such-and-such role. At that point, BM states that he's confirming ChronX and whomever targeted him (because he clearly didn't die, so that person MUST be a pro-town role).

5)ChronX claims a weird result from Gorgon. The whole time, I assumed that it was BM-ChronX-Gorgon. But, by claiming this weird result, he knows that in lylo, by spinning the town against Gorgon, it would be a scum-win.

6)HeH claims cop and has night results clearing BM. This alone doesn't ping the scumdar much. BM could certainly be a Godfather. The part that gets it is that only Gorgon and HeH said that they targeted BM on the night Raffles died. But, ChronX's weird claim against Gorgon shines the spotlight on HeH.

There it is.

Care to respond, guys?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:58 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Atticus has been smited.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:51 pm

Post by Atticus »

*sigh* I apologize for my lack of being able to post in this game. Something I should have made sure I was able to do before replacing in. If questions or comments are directed at me, I'm sorry, but I won't have time to do anything until late tomorrow. Do excuse me.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:09 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

ok a few pretty significant problem with this analysis. The largest issue is probably the fact that if Chronx and I are scum, Gorgon has to be scum, as does HeH. 4 man scum-team would already have won i think, so your entire theory is physically impossible.

Furthermore there are a few problems with your analysis of my claim in particular. I dont know what you mean by 'reflector'-in my experience the role is typically referred to as Redirector or something similar. You should also remember that these are only 1 shot powers.
My actions on Night 0 make total sense when you think about it. I could have used NK immunity to ensure that i survive to Day 1, but as the game wore on, the chance of me dying via NK would increase exponentially. I figured that the scum are going to take a pop at me on Night 2 if they shoot me on Night 1, so i might aswell try to get some information in case they do make a cock-up. Plus i was hoping that i would get Doc-Protection anyway.

Oh and the NK-immunity is not as you say it is. I choose it as my power for 1 night only, making me immune to NK for that night. Again, a 1-shot ability.

I'm not even going to assess the rest of this analysis, because it is built entirely on lies and misjudgements and impossibilities.

ftr, i really dont like the fact that Atticus isnt saying much. If he is town, we REALLY need his input. If he is scum, i dont want to see him lurk his way to victory...

BM
distad wrote:Well, I'm piecing this together in between conference calls (<sigh>), but this is what I have thus far:

I believe that BM, ChronX and HeH are all scum.

1)They spent the first 4 days of 'today' bickering. It's a huge distancing ploy that kills time so that now when the information is out there, we're under time-duress.

2)BM's claim is way too powerful. Vig, Doctor, Cop, RB, NK-immune, 'Reflector' ?? Good lord. Further, his explanation of =Confused= night doesn't make sense. If he figured that he would be killed, why wouldn't he have used his NK-protection that night? And if it is a standing protection that automatically is used the first night that he is targeted, why would he be surprised at all? He couldn't have died. It just doesn't make sense.

3)ChronX comes out with the idea to lynch a mason. Unfortunately, I agreed. BM knows that they're not scum, so pushes like all hell to not kill them that day; only to revisit them at lylo. After one died, they NK the other to remove the only confirmed townie. Then, the next morning, the first thing BM says is, "I hate it when I'm right." HA!

4)ChronX states that he's a tracker (non-confirmable) and says that he tracked someone to BM. He asks who targeted him, knowing that if no one else claimed to track him, one of the scum would certainly say "I did. I'm" such-and-such role. At that point, BM states that he's confirming ChronX and whomever targeted him (because he clearly didn't die, so that person MUST be a pro-town role).

5)ChronX claims a weird result from Gorgon. The whole time, I assumed that it was BM-ChronX-Gorgon. But, by claiming this weird result, he knows that in lylo, by spinning the town against Gorgon, it would be a scum-win.

6)HeH claims cop and has night results clearing BM. This alone doesn't ping the scumdar much. BM could certainly be a Godfather. The part that gets it is that only Gorgon and HeH said that they targeted BM on the night Raffles died. But, ChronX's weird claim against Gorgon shines the spotlight on HeH.

There it is.

Care to respond, guys?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:17 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

ooh. well that is intriguing. It means that we cannot confirm HeH. But i dont understand what you are saying about Gorgon. You are saying that he definitely didn't target Atticus last night? :shock:
There is 1 potentially valid explanation for this, but with only Atticus to claim, i'm not sure whether we will get it. If not, i'm very confused... :(

ChronX wrote:I followed Gorgon on the night Raffles died. He went to BM's house.

The problem for me was, Gorgon has acted weird this whole game. And he was alluding to claiming due to the pressure BM had been putting on him to claim. And he hammered CKD, although claiming not to have realized he was doing so.

So I followed him again on the night d3sisted/mason was killed. Here's where it gets weird...he didn't go anywhere. His claim is that he went and blocked Atticus.

The problem I have with all of this is that I don't know what it means. Was I roleblocked but not informed, and instead just told he stayed home, as that what it would seem to me? Or did he lie? Or did he lie, but only about who he roleblocked...maybe he roleblocked ME because he doubted my claim, and THAT is what made me get the result I appeared to get. Or maybe he is a mafia roleblocker and roleblocked me because he DIDN'T doubt my claim.

I dragged out sharing this because it is so ambiguous, and I wanted as much untainted info as I could get out of people before I spoke of it. Personally, I wanted to press SP and Atticus to claim before I posted this, but I didn't think the rest of you would have any patience with that, and didn't want to jeopardize my credibility (further). I also wanted to see what people's reactions to HeH's claim would be while it was still fully in doubt (as, unfortunately, it is).

I don't know how to analyze any of this, and will gladly respond to further questions if they will help others analyze.

Another reason I followed Gorgon again is that the best experience I have with this game is the game I modded at the other site I play at (you know everything as it happens when you are modding, so it gives you pbp insight). In that game, 2 of the baddies opened the game with a love fest, but were soon openly accusing each other of being scum. Here, Gorgon opened the game blowing kisses to BM (as well as congratulating the scum on their doc kill, which is a huge scumtell); later, BM has pummelled the crap out of Gorgon.

From what I have metagamed of the original mod, he was an ambitious fellow, so I can totally see him setting this game up loaded with power roles, and trying to tweak it back and forth by also loading up the scum with tricks. Also, it took FOREVER for him to get approval to run this. So, a mafia roleblocker? I could see it. BM isn't going to like this, but I can still see him as the Godfather, although usually a Godfather has to be the killer and if he is roleblocked, the is no night kill.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:57 am

Post by ChronX »

In between coaching assignments:

@BM, I said that I didn't see Gorgon do anything on the night d3/mason died. I don't know what it means. I don't have enough experience with the nuts and bolts of powerroles on this site to do more than speculate what I would have seen if he roleblocked me (its a paradox that could be handled various ways).

@complaint box: I probably won't ever mod on this site. Atticus' behavior is totally unacceptable and he would be replaced at the other site I've played. Here, it seems that picking up your prods and apologizing, while contributing NOTHING to the game for weeks, is viewed as a potential strategy to victory and not shitty inconsiderate behavior.
Effectively done with MS

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”