Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

wow, s**te. Looks like i got simul-
posted
bandwagonned. :evil:
You people say
I
have no patience. :roll:
I srsly dont like the fact that Gorgon has outright lied in post 815.
I disagree with HeH in post 821. Dude, we cant go after Chronx full throttle, because he is CONFIRMED TOWN. I dont know how i can make this any clearer. We need to open his eyes to the situation and get him to contribute, but votes wont achieve that. I thought patience might work, but i guess all that patience is rewarded with around here is ridiculous BW voting.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:31 am

Post by ChronX »

Flavor, BM?
Effectively done with MS
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Gorgon »

Where did I lie, BM?
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ChronX wrote:Flavor, BM?
lol my pm didnt contain any flavour. I srsly hope you are taking the rip here... :shock:

Gorgon-you lied when you said i logged off the site, when in fact i was on the site the whole time, making my claim post.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:39 am

Post by Gorgon »

Battle Mage wrote:Gorgon-you lied when you said i logged off the site, when in fact i was on the site the whole time, making my claim post.
Well, I didn't know that, did I? I didn't see you on the Forum Index, so I thought you weren't on. Now I know that you were writing a long claim post, so I retract this statement. But it's only a lie if you know it to be false, BM.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:41 am

Post by ChronX »

Yeah more or less...more of a swipe than a rip.
Effectively done with MS
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:42 am

Post by ChronX »

And yeah BM, me and HeH couldn't see you in the currently logged in list either. I was checking because I wouldn't have left my vote on you if the whole remaining town was logged on.
Effectively done with MS
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:43 am

Post by distad »

I didn't see you logged in, either, BM. I specifically looked for it, also.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ChronX wrote:Yeah more or less...more of a swipe than a rip.
:?:

Actually, i dont even wanna know. Just claim who you saw on the second night already. :x

I dont know why i wouldnt have appeared on the list. I dont go on 'Hidden' Mode, so unless the site is broken, or you all lie, i have no idea why i wasnt listed.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:46 am

Post by Gorgon »

Battle Mage wrote:I dont know why i wouldnt have appeared on the list. I dont go on 'Hidden' Mode, so unless the site is broken, or you all lie, i have no idea why i wasnt listed.
I guess your online status is only updated if you load something, so if you just have a post window open for a long time, while not opening anything else on the site, you disappear from the list.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:51 am

Post by distad »

BM - I don't understand how you can't recall if you are missing something. Don't you still have your role pm?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

distad wrote:BM - I don't understand how you can't recall if you are missing something. Don't you still have your role pm?
no something from my role pm-something about the game itself that i wanted to comment on... :roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:52 am

Post by ChronX »

What blunder did I make? You can disagree with my claim timing, but it advanced the game exponentially over where we would be now if I hadn't.

You and I also seem to disagree about the power of my power. My results are barely results at all. I can't determine alignment, or even action. Suppose I followed someone and they ended up at Raffles house that night. I couldn't say for SURE that they were the murderer. I could have pointed the finger and the accused could say, well, I'm the cop and I went and investigated him that night. He was town! (LOL)

I thought claiming was a chance to divert the mafia if the masons turned out to be masons. Clearly they thought d3sisted was the better townie to kill, and they would have had no reason to suppose there was still doc protection out there.

And for discussion, you sure have set up a nice WIFOM if we get through today without the game ending and you wake up alive tomorrow. Heck, you even possibly have powers you haven't told us about yet!
Effectively done with MS
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:56 am

Post by distad »

Battle Mage wrote:
Role: Jack of All Trades

Ability:
several 1-shot powers which can be used at night.

At the start of the game i had:
1 shot Cop Investigation.
1 shot Doc Protection.
1 shot Roleblock.
1 shot NK Immunity.
1 shot Redirect.
1 shot Vig-Kill.

I may have forgotten one, but i think thats it.
Bolded for emphasis.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:57 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ChronX wrote:What blunder did I make? You can disagree with my claim timing, but it advanced the game exponentially over where we would be now if I hadn't.

You and I also seem to disagree about the power of my power. My results are barely results at all. I can't determine alignment, or even action. Suppose I followed someone and they ended up at Raffles house that night. I couldn't say for SURE that they were the murderer. I could have pointed the finger and the accused could say, well, I'm the cop and I went and investigated him that night. He was town! (LOL)

I thought claiming was a chance to divert the mafia if the masons turned out to be masons. Clearly they thought d3sisted was the better townie to kill, and they would have had no reason to suppose there was still doc protection out there.

And for discussion, you sure have set up a nice WIFOM if we get through today without the game ending and you wake up alive tomorrow. Heck, you even possibly have powers you haven't told us about yet!
you clearly forget that if the game isnt over by tomorrow, assuming we dont hit scum today, there can only be 2 scum. That means you and Gorgon are no longer confirmed innocents. Do you actually deny this, or are you simply enjoying acting paranoid too much to stop and get a grip? :o
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:41 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

distad wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

Ability:

1 shot Doc Protection.
1 shot Roleblock.
1 shot NK Immunity.
1 shot Redirect.
1 shot Vig-Kill.

Bolded for emphasis.
I'm very curious to hear this answer as well.
Battle Mage wrote:Next i want Chronx to claim ONLY who he saw target me on the Night Raffles died. I dont want a full claim-just the bare necessities to allow me to get a grip with where we are.
HeH can claim after, and ONLY AFTER, Chronx has met this request.
@BM
: I don't understand why you want me to hold off. You're conviced ChronX is town and I therefore assume you think he's telling the truth. I can only assume you still have doubts about me. Wouldn't having me claim first be better for the town? From your perspective, wouldn't it be better to have the unknown person (me) reveal first? That way I wouldn't be able to tailor my message in light of what ChronX says. Please explain why you are so adamant ChronX claim first.

@ChronX
: BM wants you to reveal who you targeted night 2 before I claim. I don't really see why, but I'm holding off claiming until I hear from him with an explanation. Would you prefer I claimed first?
Battle Mage wrote:By the way, if anyone has any doubts about my claim, i have 1 special breadcrumb up my sleeve. Unfortunately as it is slightly immoral to use it, i'd rather not unless i have to. But just so you know. ;)
I have doubts about your claim. However, if what you have is possibly immoral you shouldn't use it without the mod's approval. I want to win, but I want to win fairly.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:25 am

Post by ChronX »

I am curious about BM's explanation for both things he is being asked about right now. Then you and I can have a palaver. Maybe we should make the deal that you spoke of with him, I will post what I know while you post what you know.

If you read BM's output today, he has done a nice job of casting aspersions on me without quite coming right out and doing so. Maybe its unconscious OMGUS since I am being pretty outspoken in my doubts about him.
Effectively done with MS
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:26 am

Post by ChronX »

/ooc Once I leave for my train today, I am LA until I get back to work tomorrow. There is drinking to be done, and Distad used up the drunken posting quota for this game already.
Effectively done with MS
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:33 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

ChronX wrote:I am curious about BM's explanation for both things he is being asked about right now. Then you and I can have a palaver. Maybe we should make the deal that you spoke of with him, I will post what I know while you post what you know.
I don't think it will be necessary. I actually have my claim written and saved in Word so I can copy & paste it quickly. I have no problem claiming first and I actually think it makes more sense from a town point of view, since it would prevent me from modifying my claim based on what you say. I don't think it works the other way, since I don't see how my claim could change what you say. Unless BM has a good reason I'm not seeing for you to go first, I'll go ahead and claim.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:33 am

Post by distad »

I agree. Although, I plan to add a little extra tomorrow, anyway. So, get it while the getting's good!
Show
I will likely be posting far less than I used to for personal/professional reasons.

Distad's Law: No posting after 7 drinks!
Open 36:
Um... I'm the champion of inebriated posting and I will challenge any comers to that.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:30 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Votecount - None

Anyone need a prod let me know
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:39 am

Post by distad »

BM should be returning from class pretty soon. I anticipate an answer by the time I get back from the gym (which I'll be leaving for in about 45 minutes, FYI).
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:45 am

Post by Battle Mage »

distad wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

Ability:

1 shot Doc Protection.
1 shot Roleblock.
1 shot NK Immunity.
1 shot Redirect.
1 shot Vig-Kill.

ah i forgot to delete that lol. As it goes, when i originally typed it up, i forgot that i had the 1 shot Vig-Kill, so i was right to make the comment. :p

@HeH-what doubts do you have about my claim? I dont think i could possibly have breadcrumbed any better, nor could i have done a better job with the night choices i made. As far as i'm aware, you werent particularly suspicious of me before today. Why has my claim increased your suspicion of me?

As far as Chronx claiming first goes, its pretty simple. As far as the game is concerned, if Chronx can claim that he saw you target me on that night, you needn't, and shouldn't claim first. It also puts us in an entirely different situation, because it gives us 4 confirmed innocents from a group of 7. In that case we can take our time to work through the process of questionning and lynching them, and hopefully win the game.
But, if Chronx can't confirm you, then time may be important, as we will have 1 innocent in a group of 4 suspects. Even worse-if Chronx saw SOMEONE ELSE target me, we have to re-evaluate our entire strategy. Mass-claims might be postponed until tomorrow, because we would have a confirmed guilty.

And in actuality, there is nothing that Chronx can say that will allow you to retract what you have already claimed. Whatever he says will have absolutely no impact on your claim, because you have already claimed to be out that night. As i've said countless times, i dont want a full claim from Chronx-just the details of that night.

What Chronx says about unconcious OMGUS is probably true. I admit that when i am confronted with attacks that i see as totally illogical, and i feel that people aren't paying attention, i find it hard just to let them be. Thats why i try to discourage personal attacks in mafia-personal emotions really screw up your scumdar.

FoS: HeH
for the whole 'i might modify my claim' argument. Srsly, if you were town, you would realise that there is no way that ANYTHING Chronx says can impact your claim as long as he doesnt go overboard with the claiming.

If Chronx cant confirm HeH as targetting me on the night i was RB'ed, i'd say my top suspects are Distad and HeH, with the 3rd scum being amongst SonicPulsar and Atticus (probably the latter).

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

distad wrote:BM should be returning from class pretty soon. I anticipate an answer by the time I get back from the gym (which I'll be leaving for in about 45 minutes, FYI).
returning from class? its late evening here. I'm more concerned with going to sleep soon. lol
Show

Nightkilled - 10

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:56 am

Post by distad »

Hmm.. I guess I had my time zones off by a couple. I was thinking 7:30 when it came out as 9:30.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”