Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by Hang 'em High »

I understand this, because in addition to claiming I also want to include content analyzing the ramifications of my claim. However, I don't see why we can't simply claim first, wait for ChronX to say who he tracked on night 2 and then follow-up with posts that pull all the information together.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:59 am

Post by Gorgon »

What's with the deadlock?

I don't see what difference who ChronX says he tracked on the second night makes to either HeH's or BM's claim. It only makes a difference to whether HeH can be confirmed or not ... he already said he targeted BM on the second night, so he can't go backing out of this. Whether ChronX says he tracked him or not is completely irrelevant to his claim. BM has said he was blocked on the second night, so he has also commited to a powerrole claim.

Of course, if ChronX claims to have tracked some third party, then we definitely have a problem ... although I still don't see how this would make a difference to HeH's or BM's claim. In this case, SP and Atticus should claim whether they have a powerrole or are just plain vanillas before ChronX says who he tracked on the second night.

Also, I don't understand why BM wants to wait to hear who ChronX tracked on the second night before claiming.

I realise now, though, that I was too hasty in saying whom I blocked. The correct way would have been to ask anyone who had been blocked to come forward. The way I did it, people can just safely say that yes, they were blocked on the night in question, and this says nothing about whether they actually have a powerrole or not. Ugh. I obviously still got a lot of living and learning to do ...
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:37 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

The only deadlock from my point of view is I want Battle Mage to either claim before me or at the same time as I do. I don't want to leave open the possibility he could modify his claim based on what I say. It makes no difference to me when ChronX reveals specifically who he tracked, although it probably makes the most sense for him to wait until BM and I have claimed.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:39 am

Post by Gorgon »

OK, fair enough ... so we wait for BM. What's keeping him, of all people?
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:57 am

Post by distad »

I think he's waiting for ChronX.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:01 am

Post by Gorgon »

distad wrote:I think he's waiting for ChronX.
Well, ChronX is definitely waiting for BM ...

BM has said that he doesn't have a problem with claiming before ChronX says who he tracked, though, so I think it's just a matter of BM and HeH carrying out HeH's plan of posting their claims simultaneously. I don't see any problem with this.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:01 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

That's what he said, but I don't think the reason he gave for wanting ChronX to go first is compelling.

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:30 am

Post by distad »

[resisting urge to request mod-prod of BM] :lol:
Show
I will likely be posting far less than I used to for personal/professional reasons.

Distad's Law: No posting after 7 drinks!
Open 36:
Um... I'm the champion of inebriated posting and I will challenge any comers to that.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:31 am

Post by ChronX »

Here's where we are:

Dead doc
Dead masons

My claim, can follow someone each night and see where they go, wasn't used on the night Confused died, followed someone to BM's house on the night Raffles died

Gorgon's claim, that he roleblocked HeH on the night Confused died and that he blocked BM on the night Raffles died, and Atticus on the night Desisted2 died

HeH has claimed to have been blocked on the night Confused died, and targetted BM on the night Raffles died

BM claims to have BEEN blocked on the night Raffles died

SP claims to have not targetted BM on the night Raffles died

Atticus claims to have not targetted BM on the night Raffles died

Distad claims to have not targetted BM on the night Raffles died. He also complains he didn't get a cool power role, so he has implicitly claimed vanilla town or mafia goon as well.

Analysis: BM complains of me being cagey while being cagey. From the outside looking in, BM has made some odd assertions throughout the game, notably the cop fishing yesterday and wanting to fish for more info from me today.

I believe that BM should go next, and then HeH. I would then like SP and Atticus to fully claim.

I AM NOT going to reveal my Raffles-night target nor my activity last night until I see what everyone else has to say.
Effectively done with MS
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorgon wrote:
Well, ChronX is definitely waiting for BM ...

BM has said that he doesn't have a problem with claiming before ChronX says who he tracked, though, so I think it's just a matter of BM and HeH carrying out HeH's plan of posting their claims simultaneously. I don't see any problem with this.
lol i dont see how this solves anything. Frankly the order of claims is irrelevant. I don't care whether i go first, last or somewhere in between. But, as i volunteered to claim first, and i'm a man of my word, i shall.

The only condition i am setting is that i am not claiming before Chronx has claimed who he saw on that 1 night. I don't understand his reluctance-it cant possibly have any impact on my claim, as i am hardly under suspicion for targetting myself. :roll:
I dont really have a good reason for this request, except that there is no reason not to, and personally, i would find it very helpful (as would every protown player here). We already know that ChronX saw someone, and 2 people have claimed to be that person. I'd like to conclude this so we can move onto the next thing (claims). Plus i'd like an explanation for the strange post Chronx made on the last page.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 am

Post by Gorgon »

ChronX wrote:I AM NOT going to reveal my Raffles-night target nor my activity last night until I see what everyone else has to say.
Battle Mage wrote:The only condition i am setting is that i am not claiming before Chronx has claimed who he saw on that 1 night.
Ugh, so it is a deadlock. How do we resolve this? If you guys keep stalling like this, this game is f*cked.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:57 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

My comments are in bold within the quote.
Battle Mage wrote:The only condition i am setting is that i am not claiming before Chronx has claimed who he saw on that 1 night. I don't understand his reluctance-it cant possibly have any impact on my claim, as i am hardly under suspicion for targetting myself. :roll:
I think ChronX fears his revelation could possibly have an impact on
my
claim. My guess is he fears I'll change my claim based on what he reveals. I won't -- but he doesn't know that.

I dont really have a good reason for this request, except that there is no reason not to, and personally, i would find it very helpful (as would every protown player here).
There
could
be a reason not to, which I mentioned above. If you don't really have a good reason for asking ChronX to post first, then I don't understand why you're holding out. ChronX has said he'll reveal the info after we've claimed so we'll all know then and can thereafter analyze everything. As long as we're telling the truth ChronX's revelation should have no impact on our claims. It will affect our post-claim analysis, but that will be true whether he reveals his information before or after our claims.
We already know that ChronX saw someone, and 2 people have claimed to be that person. I'd like to conclude this so we can move onto the next thing (claims). Plus i'd like an explanation for the strange post Chronx made on the last page.
I agree with this -- I'd like to know what he was getting at.

BM

ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:57 am

Post by ChronX »

BM wrote:i can vouch for Chronx's innocence, 100%
This could be true for a number of reasons, only some of them benign. I'm sorry, BM, my info affects more than just your claim, but my hesistance is MAINLY because you have been reactive in what info you have allowed out so far. Gorgon says he roleblocked you, you say, YES, I was roleblocked. Now you want to know if HeH was your visitor who I saw. I am not going to allow you more opportunity to tailor your revelations to my facts. It is time for you to present facts, which must include or account for being roleblocked on the night Raffles died.

I've re-read your paranoia rants at CKD, so you don't need to revisit that theme if you feel that way about me right now.

As someone pointed out with my seemingly-random metagamey questions, I was clearing up some things for myself before I decided on proclaiming yesterday. Perhaps, in the same way, your claim will tie together some of your dubious behavior, and I await your info with an open mind.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:59 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

ChronX wrote:My claim, can follow someone each night and see where they go, wasn't used on the night Confused died, followed someone to BM's house on the night Raffles died
Why didn't you use your power on the night =Confused= died?
ChronX wrote:I AM NOT going to reveal my Raffles-night target nor my activity last night until I see what everyone else has to say.
Can you please clarify why you think this is so important?

ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:00 am

Post by ChronX »

Which post? I have been pretty considered with everything I have done since the time I began to seriously contemplate a claim game-yesterday (as opposed to real life yesterday) , so I'm sure I can offer a look into my thought process (provided it doesn't compromise my ability to suppress who I followed on raffles-died night).
Effectively done with MS
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:01 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Oops -- cross posted with ChronX. Ignore my second question -- you answered that well. The first question still stands and I'd still like clarification on this:
ChronX wrote:
Gorgon wrote:What a crappy start. Lucky scum bastards ... :(

Vote: Battle Mage
because he's the only one here whose name I remember seeing in the games I've read.
*cues the Debbie Boone music*

Memories....da da da doo doo dee da....Troubling scumtelly in his first post MEMMMMMMMMM-O-RIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES...of the way...we were.....

ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:02 am

Post by ChronX »

HeH, let me remind you that I wasn't me yet on the night Confused died. Survey Says was doing this job (poorly, or not at all) back then. As best I can determine, SS just didn't bother to use the power.
Effectively done with MS
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:04 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

ChronX wrote:HeH, let me remind you that I wasn't me yet on the night Confused died. Survey Says was doing this job (poorly, or not at all) back then. As best I can determine, SS just didn't bother to use the power.
Ah -- forgot about that. Me shakes fist at SS. :x

ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:08 am

Post by ChronX »

Ah, yes. That post.

As much as I want it to be clear that my own personal jury is out on BM, I also want it to be murky whether my own personal jury is in or out on Gorgon. Its very easy to read this game and find a lot of scummy things about Gorgon.

And I've already said that I think EITHER you (HeH) OR SP is a mafia member, and I still feel that way.
Effectively done with MS
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:26 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

In my mind the jury is out on just about everyone until we've gotten all the claims out in the open and can compare what people have found. I have a pretty good idea of what we'll find, but we'll have to wait until everyone has claimed before tying it all together with any confidence.

Anyway, thanks for answering. That was a rather uninteresting diversion, but it did keep us busy for a few minutes and answer some minor questions. And now we're back to waiting for Battle Mage. :checks watch:

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:48 am

Post by distad »

He should be out of class by now. We'll see.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Hang 'em High wrote:In my mind the jury is out on just about everyone until we've gotten all the claims out in the open and can compare what people have found. I have a pretty good idea of what we'll find, but we'll have to wait until everyone has claimed before tying it all together with any confidence.

Anyway, thanks for answering. That was a rather uninteresting diversion, but it did keep us busy for a few minutes and answer some minor questions. And now we're back to waiting for Battle Mage. :checks watch:
The jury is currently out on everyone apart from Chronx and Gorgon as far as i am concerned. And hopefully you will consider me to be innocent after my claim, so there is one less chance for us to blow this game.

Fyi, i hate the fact that Chronx is witholding information here. I'd find this game so much more breakable if he could confirm HeH's claim. It seems Chronx, you are wary of how i consider you so certainly innocent.

So i'll claim. It may help when reading this claim that you reread my entire play. It should be entirely consistent with my role-i tried to leave breadcrumbs along the way to confirm myself and to make sure my information was accessible upon my death.

I would like to add now that, after my claim, i DO NOT want HeH to claim immediately. I definitely want my answer from Chronx first, because frankly, if he can confirm HeH, there isn't a great deal of point him claiming first, and we might want to change the order.

Claim will be in next post.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ChronX wrote: I AM NOT going to reveal my Raffles-night target nor my activity last night until I see what everyone else has to say.
Actually i must've missed this post. Before i claim, i'd like Chronx to retract this statement. I don't want to claim fully and then leave Chronx with an excuse to be unhelpful. :roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:15 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Battle Mage wrote:I would like to add now that, after my claim, i DO NOT want HeH to claim immediately. I definitely want my answer from Chronx first, because frankly, if he can confirm HeH, there isn't a great deal of point him claiming first, and we might want to change the order.
Can't say I understand why, but I'll hold off until ChronX posts. This assumes ChronX has no problem with me waiting -- if he does then I'll claim before he answers. Basically, it doesn't matter to me either way.

I will be leaving in about 15 minutes and likely won't be checking back until morning. It's my anniversary and I don't think the wife would take too kindly to me playing mafia -- if I tried to I think we'd have a real lynching on our hands.

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Looks like the ball's in your court now, ChronX.

This game is still going ridiculously slowly. Did I miss the part where the 'Speed' element was dropped, or what? :|

Claiming shouldn't take this bloody long, dammit.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”