Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:28 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Wikipedia wrote: The first mention in official law documentation of the 'mafia' came in the late 1800s, when a Dr. Galati was subject to threats of violence from a local mafioso, who was attempting to oust Galati from his own lemon grove in order to move himself in.
THIRTEENTH VOTECOUNT

Thorn
(4) - Kison , WhoMe? , davidangelsummers , Kanaga

Cephrir
(3) - dybeck , curiouskarmadog , killerbob
dybeck
(1) - Cephrir
Twomz
(1) - Thorn

Not voting
(8 ): Sonicpulsar , Tarhalindur , thinktank , ZONEACE , Flyinghawk , Twomz , ChocolateAttack , Blight

Needed for a lynch: 9 votes
Negotiable deadline: 9 days

If by deadline no one has 9 votes player with more votes is lynched
If two players have same number of votes lynch is decided by duel
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:19 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Thorn wrote:Ill try to be on here tomarrow if im not able to by tomarrow night mod please replace me. im sorry again , i thought i would have more time than i did.
Well, we are past tomorrow night and Thorn has neither posted nor responded to my PM, so she should probably get replaced.
The problem is: Is a replacement really useful/necessary?

I'm inclined to not replace Green Day anymore rather than abuse the good will of a new player and have him/her read 24 pages of game just to probably get deadline lynched.

If the players think he really deserves to be lynched just do it anyway and pretend he ignored you.
If you think he deserves to see another Day I will replace him on Day 3.

I even considered modkilling Green Day for leaving the game like this, but this would only hurt the game and the players.

That said I'm still open to opinions and suggestions. And if Thorn shows up just ignore everything I've said in this post.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:25 am

Post by Kison »

Although I support Green Day deathage at this point, the wagons are pretty close, and the tide _could_ change.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:40 am

Post by dybeck »

i want to hear more from Cephrir.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Kanaga
Kanaga
Townie
Kanaga
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by Kanaga »

Could you guys explain why the Karen bandwagon only makes sense to simple minded people and mafia rather then quoting it?
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by Blight »

Vote: Thorn

I think finding a replacement would be just a waste of time for Rikimaru and the replacement.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by dybeck »

FOS: Blight

I
think that we could use some more discussion today. If we'd had more discussion yesterday, we'd have had a better lynch.

To blindly stumble into another lynch for no good reason is stupid beyond belief. Not to mention scummy.
Flyinghawk
Flyinghawk
Goon
Flyinghawk
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:04 pm

Post by Flyinghawk »

Dybeck, regarldes of whether more discussion is necessery, should we still replace GD?

I'd like to hear more from cephrir, too.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:11 pm

Post by Kison »

I don't think a replacement is going to help much if we look at today as the end of Green Day, but like I said, the tide could change, and Green Day may live another day.
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:44 pm

Post by Blight »

dybeck wrote:
FOS: Blight

I
think that we could use some more discussion today. If we'd had more discussion yesterday, we'd have had a better lynch.

To blindly stumble into another lynch for no good reason is stupid beyond belief. Not to mention scummy.
Blindly stumble into another lynch? Um, you have been watching how he was playing the game, right? I don't think lynching Green Day is a blind lynch at all.

What's there to gain from a replacement? The replacement's not going to be able to justify Green Day's behaviour. We'll maybe get a claim, but then it's a matter of whether or not people will buy the claim.

I just don't think it's fair to Rikimaru or the replacement to bring in the replacement in a situation where there's a good chance that he/she will be lynched anyways. And, if we decide not to lynch the replacement, we're basically at square one with Green Day's replacement.

I honestly think it's too much of a hassle for someone who's more than likely scum anyways, but if everyone else thinks he should be replaced then that's fine too. I won't agree with it, but I'll deal with it.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Post by dybeck »

Lynching Green Day is slightly less idiotic than Karen, but this day is FAR from over. Let's see what happens when his replacement posts his defence. To suggest that we should lynch before a replacement is found is just likely to leave us in the dark again tomorrow.

Mod
: Can we cancel this deadline please?
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:08 am

Post by davidangelsummers »

dybeck wrote:Lynching Green Day is slightly less idiotic than Karen, but this day is FAR from over. Let's see what happens when his replacement posts his defence. To suggest that we should lynch before a replacement is found is just likely to leave us in the dark again tomorrow.

Mod
Why do you think two players have not responded? Looks to me like Thorn agreed to replace and then saw his role and the arguement against him then scarpered.
I am happy for today to go on but I am really not happy about the situation they have left ..and I wont forget it either..Which is what some people seem to want to do..
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:27 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

playing devil's advocate..

or the role was boring and they would rather play somewhere else...

that being said, i still understand green day's BW and am not as opposed to it as I was the easy Karen lynch..

still think Cephrir is the way to go today (especially while we try to get the replacement situation figured out).
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:28 am

also for the record, I think we need a replacement vs a mod kill or a plain lynch for lurking
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Thorn
Thorn
Townie
Thorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:03 am

Post by Thorn »

Im sorry yall , two days go by and I still have extremely limited acess to the internet with no prospect of it getting better within the week. Figures. right when I read most of a 22 .. now 28 .. page mafia thread and join I loose my internet. *sigh* Ceist la vee.

This is not good for the town but if you need to mod kill me then do , I wasnt expected my internet to fail on me. However I wanted to add some last minute thoughts/defense , up to page 18 it seemed like the same thing that had happened to Karen ( at the beginingof her lych anyways ) was happening to Green day , as in the village idiot was the one who had the most votes when everything he did can be chalked down to newness and his personality ; he asked what FOS meant and look at his sig. Ive yet to read the last pages so I dont know who is the most suspious atm but at page 18 there were more than a few lurkers after that Cephrir and Kanga were the top suspects in my mind , Cephirir for not responding to Curiousasadog's accusations and Kanga just kept trying to get the game moving.
Thorn
Thorn
Townie
Thorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:06 am

Post by Thorn »

davidangelsummers wrote:
Mod
Why do you think two players have not responded? Looks to me like Thorn agreed to replace and then saw his role and the arguement against him then scarpered.

heh , I hadnt even opened the PM with my role when I posted that I wouldnt be able to .. post. Why are you trying to get to get the easiest person lynched?

( sorry for the double post , i hadnt saw that when i posted a second ago)
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Twomz »

Thorn wrote:Ceist la vee.
...? C'est la vie?

Also
Kanga just kept trying to get the game moving.
How exactly is this suspicious? I would say the opposite would be true (stalling). If you meant trying for a quick lynch that is one thing... but just getting the game moving is not suspicious behavior imo.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:59 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Thorn is back so Thorn keeps her role. Just ignore post #576
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

Gah, I can't do it today either. Have to do an essay. Tomorrow for sure.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:20 am

note to all my games:

going to be a light poster for the next 3-4 days (best man in a wedding) should be back and posting regularly by Sunday/Monday.

happy with my vote here.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Kanaga
Kanaga
Townie
Kanaga
Townie
Townie

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by Kanaga »

Kan
a
ga thinks that getting the game moving is a good idea, especially considering we have a what, week? deadline now and everyone is starting to get inactive.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

we don't have a lot to go on til we hear from thorn who is apparently gonna participate now. Im not comfortable doing anything until then.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Flyinghawk
Flyinghawk
Goon
Flyinghawk
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by Flyinghawk »

I hate third-person speak, and I agree with Zoneface.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by thinktank »

must wait till thorn and Cephrir speak before actions must be made as flying hawk and zoneface have stated. perhaphs what they will have to say will get the game moving, lets hope so.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Kanaga
Kanaga
Townie
Kanaga
Townie
Townie

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:50 pm

Post by Kanaga »

Flyinghawk: Notice the underlined bolded letter? Should I have capitalised it for you? You see, I have the same problem as Zone
NO F
ace.

Right now, I think we should wait for another Thorn post and for Cephrir Dybeck analysis. Then, we can choose a bandwagon or move to a new suspect.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”