This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:46 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #38

Tarhalindur[3](Oman, pwayne66, Tarhalindur)
Kakeng[2](theopor_COD, White)
Flameaxe[2](vollkan, Kakeng)
pwayne66[2](curiouskarmadog, Mastermind of Sin)
Trojan Horse[1](tyhess)
White[1](Flameaxe)

Not Voting[1](Trojan Horse)

pwayne66 wrote:
If we lynch him today, someone else might be scum tomorrow...why are you pushing to lower the number of townies?
I have answered this and you, again are deliberately misrepresenting my case. So be it.
you think Tar who is a claimed vanila townie (which I can only assume you believe) is a better than lynching anyone else who might actually be scum?

is that the defense that you stated?..if not you might have to explain it to me again.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:05 am

Post by vollkan »

Alright. My view:=

Advantages of Lynching Tar

* Cult is less likely to have 2 members tomorrow. As MoS says, Tar is a known vanilla so he will be a less desirable cult recruit.
* No prospect of a "possible cult" Tar lingering

Disadvantages of Lynching Tar

* He's still a townie at the moment. Thus, this lynch has no prospect of helping us.
* No information value at all. We are not going to learn anything that we can use to associate people as scum.
* Basically helps the mafia by taking out the cult for them
* Prospect of cult recruiting elsewhere and grabbing an unknown

On a balance, I am going to state my opposition to a Tar lynch today.

I'm going to
FoS: Pwayne
for pushing Tar's lynch. Initially, it was a viable option for speculating, but I can't see any basis for forwarding it given the costs v benefits.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:11 am

Post by theopor_COD »

vollkan wrote:Tar is a known vanilla.
How is he?

He could be a power role claiming vanilla.

He could be cult leader claiming vanilla.

He could be scum claiming vanilla.

He is not at this stage a
known
vanilla as you say or whoever it was say. He just claims to be ditto Kakeng. I think both claims should be taken with a pinch of salt and we should lynch the scummiest person around, the person most likely to be mafia or cult and for me that's Kakeng.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:29 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Tar's definitely not a confirmed townie, and that's a possible 3rd advantage to lynching him (in addition to the two vollkan mentioned). He may be a baddie already. Very possible he's acting up like he did in that other game, so as to look like a vanilla townie (though his last post, where he said we should lynch him instead of Kakeng, would've been extremely bold).

I don't think Pwayne deserves a FOS for pushing for a Tar lynch- it's reasonable, in my opinion- but this discussion has given me doubts about Tar being the best lynch. Perhaps it should be Kakeng after all. There is a reasonable chance that Tar is vanilla townie, and perhaps we should let the scum sweat over whether to kill him, and let the cultie sweat over whether to recruit him.

RRR... I'll put on the 3rd vote.
Vote: Kakeng
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:47 am

Post by White »

After thinking about this for a while if we're going to lynch Tar it would be in our BEST INTEREST to lynch him after he's been converted. That way we end up killing a culty which used up a recruit. There's also the distinct possibility that he'll get NKed by the mafia. Lynching him now is a pretty bad move. I'm against it. It took me a while to come to this conclusion but unless something more happens, i'm not voting Tar today.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:54 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

pwayne66 wrote:
If we lynch him today, someone else might be scum tomorrow...why are you pushing to lower the number of townies?
I have answered this and you, again are deliberately misrepresenting my case. So be it.

You mentioned that we are on a deadline, make your case. I've made mine and have stated why it yields the best result. I've done something. Your turn.

As far as MoS goes, I can dig CKD vote on me, he is frustrated and I have been mildly antagonistic. MoS's vote is starting to strike me as opportunistic.
How am I opportunistic? I read your arguments and presented my own case for you to be scum. It's not like I'm tagging along behind anyone. There isn't an "anti-pwayne" sentiment where I would be like "oooh, this is a chance to get him lynched!". Everything I said was my own opinion and came from reading your posts. I didn't even know CKD had voted you until you just said it in this post I quoted.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:58 am

pwayne66 wrote:
That's just idiotic. I think our cult leader just slipped up.
Because our cult leader would spend the first several pages urging everybody to not claim town and then try to kill a claimed townie so that I can gamble by trying to recruit somebody else? Why not let everybody kill kakeng and recruit Tar tonight when I have better odds.
Telling people not to claim town is something anyone can think of. It's not like you came up with some amazing original idea that would revolutionize how the town plays the game. The idea you were pushing was not *that* important, and it's a good way for scum to look like they are trying to help the town without hurting themselves overly.

Again, saying that Tar is a likely recruit is *not* a special idea. There was probably a 99% chance that someone, anyone, everyone, would realize that Tar was an obvious cult choice tomorrow. All you did today was give the cult a chance to completely WIFOM the town by bringing up this theory. That is not a protown action, you've only helped the scum. Lynching a protown player just to get rid of a WIFOM situation that's entirely
your
fault is not a good plan.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:59 am

pwayne66 wrote:
^^ WIFOM
I don't know if this is directed at me or not, but I can see why someone would think so. It's not WIFOM. If something is scummy then it benefits scum. I fail to see how MoS's theory benefits scum. So it can't be scummy.
It benefits scum because WE KILL A PROTOWN PLAYER TODAY FOR NO ACTUAL GAIN AGAINST THE SCUM. You are asserting that we gain something over the scum by killing Tar, and that's just not true.
Permanent V/LA.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Oman »

Guys, I have a thought.

What if we let him live and see how his opinions on others change. Someone he was previously happy to lynch he is now hesitant etc.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

It benefits scum because WE KILL A PROTOWN PLAYER TODAY FOR NO ACTUAL GAIN AGAINST THE SCUM. You are asserting that we gain something over the scum by killing Tar, and that's just not true.
No, you are saying I am cult. Removing a vanilla townie does not help the cult. You do bring up an interesting point about Tar being a bad cult member since everybody will suspect him (I wonder if people really will though...nobody seems that concerned now, so why later) , but for that matter, the cult can still target somebody else without having to kill Tar (in fact keeping him alive would create more angst for the town). But now it seems that we will have a WIFOM situation tomorrow either way...
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

All you did today was give the cult a chance to completely WIFOM the town by bringing up this theory. That is not a protown action, you've only helped the scum. Lynching a protown player just to get rid of a WIFOM situation that's entirely your fault is not a good plan.
Perhaps... that wasn't my intention and I haven't thought about it that way. Do you think any of the other posters that brought this theory up should feel guilty, or just me? Regardless, we have a WIFOM situation with me dead or alive.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:27 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Pwayne can you do me a favour and quote the persons name when your quoting, I'm reading it all and have no idea who your referring to.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by vollkan »

Theo wrote:
Vollkan wrote: Tar is a known vanilla
How is he?

He could be a power role claiming vanilla.

He could be cult leader claiming vanilla.

He could be scum claiming vanilla.

He is not at this stage a known vanilla as you say or whoever it was say. He just claims to be ditto Kakeng. I think both claims should be taken with a pinch of salt and we should lynch the scummiest person around, the person most likely to be mafia or cult and for me that's Kakeng.
I don't think I called him a known vanilla.

I have said:

Vanilla is not the safest claim in a game with cult, because it basically flags that by the next day you are very likely going to be of cult alignment. For mafia, that sort of thing would be idiotic. This is not a WIFOM because if a mafia claims vanilla they are basically avoiding claiming that they are scum by claiming that they are going to become scum.

The power role thing is possible, but in this case Tar has voted himself and looks intent on killing himself off. That doesn't strike me as power role behaviour.

Mini 500 -
Cult
Mafia. Why the hell did you claim vanilla?!? *headdesks*
...we now have a sitting duck for the cult.
I think that his actions are less likely to be anything other than a vanilla, but he isn't confirmed by any means.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Oman »

I'm in complete agreement with Pwayne. Anyone who thinks we should lynch a claimed Vanillia should DIAF, anyone who is with me in saying that this is not a good wagon and its stupid idea (
unvote
) gets muh townie brownies.

Pwanye gets them, Ckd does too but I'm more reluctant about him.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Finally people agree with what I said on like page 5. :)
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by Oman »

Add MoS to my list of brownie nominees
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:00 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

oman wrote:I'm in complete agreement with Pwayne. Anyone who thinks we should lynch a claimed Vanillia should DIAF, anyone who is with me in saying that this is not a good wagon and its stupid idea (unvote) gets muh townie brownies.

????
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

yeah, i dont have a clue what the crap he said.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:44 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

At least we agree on something...
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by vollkan »

Oman wrote: I'm in complete agreement with Pwayne. Anyone who thinks we should lynch a claimed Vanillia should DIAF, anyone who is with me in saying that this is not a good wagon and its stupid idea (unvote) gets muh townie brownies.

A suggestion Oman...lay off whatever brownies you are currently on.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:21 pm

Post by tyhess »

Why all the talk about brownies? It's making me hungry....
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:55 pm

Uhh, Oman? You do realize that pwayne is the one advocating lynching a claimed Vanilla today, which is why I'm trying to get him to DIAF, aka lynch.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:00 pm

pwayne66 wrote:
No, you are saying I am cult.

What are you trying to say here? This sentence has nothing to do with what you quoted, and it looks more like you are trying to change the subject than anything else, because you aren't responding to anything in the above quote.
Removing a vanilla townie does not help the cult. You do bring up an interesting point about Tar being a bad cult member since everybody will suspect him (I wonder if people really will though...nobody seems that concerned now, so why later) , but for that matter, the cult can still target somebody else without having to kill Tar (in fact keeping him alive would create more angst for the town). But now it seems that we will have a WIFOM situation tomorrow either way...
Yes they CAN recruit someone other than Tar. However, this is the situation I am advocating:

- Leave Tar alive, lynch someone who is more likely to be scum right now (you or Kakeng), cult attempts to recruit somebody

This is what you are advocating:

- Lynch Tar as a protown player so that the cult can't recruit him, cult attempts to recruit somebody

In both situations the cult attempts to recruit somebody. However, in your scenario we lynch someone who is more likely to be town than anything else. In my scenario, I give us a chance to kill scum today. Your scenario wastes a lynch and kills off a protown players, both of which are strictly helpful to the scum.
Permanent V/LA.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:15 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Mastermind of Sin wrote: Your scenario wastes a lynch and
kills off a protown players
, both of which are strictly helpful to the scum.
We don't yet
know
Tar's protown though do we? He's not my top target but he doesn't deserve a free pass yet.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:17 pm

theopor, in pwayne's suggested scenario, Tar is protown, since the whole reason he wants to lynch him is to prevent the cult from killing him. I'm not saying I never want to lynch him, but I want to lynch him on evidence that he is scum. pwayne is saying "here, I have evidence that Tar is protown, so we should kill him!"
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”