Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Atticus »

In all honesty, HeH, I probably haven't read half of this game.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:29 am

Post by Atticus »

Sorry, meant to be addressed to distad. Anyway, reading now.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:51 am

Post by Atticus »

I did a read over the last couple of pages, and unless HeH contradicts me, I've found something.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by Hang 'em High »

I can confirm that I was roleblocked on the first night, which further validates Gorgon's claim. Unfortunately, it's not going to be as cut and dried as BM is hoping. I will make a full claim, but first I want Battle Mage to do so. BM, please reveal your power and the results you received. Once you've done so I'll do the same.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:53 pm

Post by Sonicpulsar »

I don't really have much to add right now. I'm interested to hear what BM has to say now. I'll be able to give any new posts a good look while I'm in lab tomorrow.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:35 am

Post by ChronX »

I am back from my weekend o' "fun" and relieved to be at work. Nothing like family to make you glad for your desk job. Anyway. I await BM and HeH's revelations before I discuss what I did last night.
Effectively done with MS
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:36 am

Post by distad »

Okay... I'm back. It was a VERY needed long weekend. :)

All of these claims are particularly interesting to me. HeH and SP are breadcrumbing and I'm curious about Gorgon's claim (particularly why he would randomly RB on Night 1 without any information).

Frankly, I feel left out. Everyone has these neat roles and I get nothing. :?

I'll wait to see BM's and Atticus's theories and hopefully we can put something together.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:55 am

Post by Gorgon »

distad wrote:I'm curious about Gorgon's claim (particularly why he would randomly RB on Night 1 without any information).
Well, at the time I didn't know I had the option of not blocking anyone, although I know better now. You live and learn, I guess. :?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorgon wrote:Okay, I'll claim.

I'm a roleblocker, and yes, I blocked BM on the second night, on my perpetual hunch that he might be scum, and that if he were scum, he would be a likely candidate to be sent to do the nightkill, seeing that he went against the flow in general at the end of the day, and opposed the d3sisted lynch, and was therefore possibly least suspicious of the scum. Heck, I had to pick someone anyway.

On the first night, I selected randomly and blocked HeH. Last night, I blocked Atticus as a very possible scum candidate. I picked him over HeH because HeH was redeeming himself a lot by the end of the day with his analyses, while Atticus was as lurkish as ever.

Guess HeH is next.
ah thats good. I'm going to assume that HeH doesnt want to counter that, so i think we can confirm Gorgon as town, which is awesome. Now, i'm intrigued by HeH's offer of me claiming first, so i will comply, but only when Chronx claims who he saw on the second night, targetting me. Obviously if he saw HeH, HeH can also be confirmed. If he saw Gorgon, HeH still remains a suspect.

Distad's post confuses me a little. There was no real reason to claim vanilla yet. I also don't see what you mean about SP and HeH breadcrumbing. I don't see why you would question Gorgon about his Night 1 Roleblock choice. Obviously as a protown power role like RB, you want to confirm yourself as early as possible. By using his power every night, Gorgon has managed to confirm himself as innocent.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:05 am

Post by distad »

What I'm saying is that it seems risky to me to use the RB on Night 0 when none of the game has been played. I've never had that role before, though, so I guess I shouldn't question that particular game-theory.

The breadcrumbs were large, more like chunks of bread. Saying that they will claim later today after they've heard more. Whether true or not, they are implying that they have a power role.

My claiming vanilla was more of frustration because almost everyone in this game has had something to claim and I certainly drew the short stick. We're all going to end up claiming today anyway; it was not unwarranted.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:12 am

Post by Gorgon »

distad wrote:The breadcrumbs were large, more like chunks of bread. Saying that they will claim later today after they've heard more. Whether true or not, they are implying that they have a power role.
Where did SP say he was going to claim? I'm not seeing it ...
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:21 am

Post by ChronX »

Battle Mage wrote: ah thats good. I'm going to assume that HeH doesnt want to counter that, so i think we can confirm Gorgon as town, which is awesome. Now, i'm intrigued by HeH's offer of me claiming first, so i will comply,
but only when Chronx claims who he saw on the second night, targetting me
. Obviously if he saw HeH, HeH can also be confirmed. If he saw Gorgon, HeH still remains a suspect.

Distad's post confuses me a little. There was no real reason to claim vanilla yet. I also don't see what you mean about SP and HeH breadcrumbing. I don't see why you would question Gorgon about his Night 1 Roleblock choice. Obviously as a protown power role like RB, you want to confirm yourself as early as possible. By using his power every night, Gorgon has managed to confirm himself as innocent.

BM
I think not, BM. You have your cake. Now go on and eat it.

I HIGHLY recommend that everyone else sit back and let this play out between HeH and BM. They are full of info they are just DYING to share once someone else shares some.

Distad, your are singing just the right tune.
Atticus, what did you find?
SP, if you breadcrumbed, let the birds eat it for now.
Gorgon, roleblocker is a bit like vig, night 1 (zero, whatever) its a huge crapshoot whether to use it or not. In a game with 1 mafia, and several protown power roles, you have higher odds of blocking the cop or the doc or whatever. Much like his cop fishing earlier, BM is either really bad at this game or full of it at the moment.

So, BM....enlighten us. Or persuade HeH.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ChronX wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: ah thats good. I'm going to assume that HeH doesnt want to counter that, so i think we can confirm Gorgon as town, which is awesome. Now, i'm intrigued by HeH's offer of me claiming first, so i will comply,
but only when Chronx claims who he saw on the second night, targetting me
. Obviously if he saw HeH, HeH can also be confirmed. If he saw Gorgon, HeH still remains a suspect.

BM
I think not, BM. You have your cake. Now go on and eat it.

I HIGHLY recommend that everyone else sit back and let this play out between HeH and BM. They are full of info they are just DYING to share once someone else shares some.

Distad, your are singing just the right tune.
Atticus, what did you find?
SP, if you breadcrumbed, let the birds eat it for now.
Gorgon, roleblocker is a bit like vig, night 1 (zero, whatever) its a huge crapshoot whether to use it or not. In a game with 1 mafia, and several protown power roles, you have higher odds of blocking the cop or the doc or whatever. Much like his cop fishing earlier, BM is either really bad at this game or full of it at the moment.

So, BM....enlighten us. Or persuade HeH.
this post makes little sense to me. Why now so cagey with information? especially such important information...
I'm not claiming until we know where we stand. That means you confirming either Gorgon or HeH as targetting me on Night 2.

Then i will gladly claim all.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:32 am

Post by distad »

Gorgon wrote:
distad wrote:The breadcrumbs were large, more like chunks of bread. Saying that they will claim later today after they've heard more. Whether true or not, they are implying that they have a power role.
Where did SP say he was going to claim? I'm not seeing it ...
He said that he did not target BM - then EBWODP that he did not target him on N2, specifically. I assumed it to mean a power role.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:13 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

@ Battle Mage.
Let's claim at the same time. Compose a post that reveals your role, powers, what you did each night and the result of your action. I'll do the same. When you're ready, post a note and we'll pick a time to simultaneously post. That way, our claims cannot be modified based on what the other has said. If either of us fails to post at the agreed upon time they will look inherently scummy. I've got nothing to hide. If you don't either, please agree with this course of action.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:40 am

Post by ChronX »

Hey, for clarity, why don't we stop referring to nights by number and honor the memory of the dead:

The Night Confused Died
The Night Raffles Died and
The Night Desisted/Pigg/Mason2 Died

I don't want anyone to forget about good old Confused especially.

So, for clarity:

SP, you DID NOT target BM on the night RAFFLES died?
Effectively done with MS
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:45 am

Post by ChronX »

Gorgon wrote:What a crappy start. Lucky scum bastards ... :(

Vote: Battle Mage
because he's the only one here whose name I remember seeing in the games I've read.
*cues the Debbie Boone music*

Memories....da da da doo doo dee da....Troubling scumtelly in his first post MEMMMMMMMMM-O-RIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES...of the way...we were.....
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:23 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Battle Mage wrote:
I simply want everyone to say yes or no to the question:
Did you target BM on Night 2?
No. Can I make it any clearer than that? Before, I realized I left my response somewhat ambiguous and wanted to clarify (and I said as much).
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Hang 'em High wrote:
@ Battle Mage.
Let's claim at the same time. Compose a post that reveals your role, powers, what you did each night and the result of your action. I'll do the same. When you're ready, post a note and we'll pick a time to simultaneously post. That way, our claims cannot be modified based on what the other has said. If either of us fails to post at the agreed upon time they will look inherently scummy. I've got nothing to hide. If you don't either, please agree with this course of action.
lol its ok dude. I've said i have no problem with claiming first. But, the thing that does bother me is not knowing who Chronx actually saw targetting me. Not that it has any impact on my claim itself, but it does have serious impact on what we should do next.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ChronX wrote:
Gorgon wrote:What a crappy start. Lucky scum bastards ... :(

Vote: Battle Mage
because he's the only one here whose name I remember seeing in the games I've read.
*cues the Debbie Boone music*

Memories....da da da doo doo dee da....Troubling scumtelly in his first post MEMMMMMMMMM-O-RIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES...of the way...we were.....
i'm sorry but i'm missing the significance of this. lol
Can you just claim who you tracked on the 'night in which Raffles died'.
From your posts at SP, am i to assume that you saw HIM targetting me!? :shock:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:26 am

Post by Atticus »

ChronX wrote:Atticus, what did you find?
HeH confirming that he was roleblocked invalidates my suspicion.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:32 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

My offer to Battle Mage stands, although I'm leaving now and probably won't have a chance to post again until tomorrow morning.

Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:34 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Battle Mage wrote:lol its ok dude. I've said i have no problem with claiming first. But, the thing that does bother me is not knowing who Chronx actually saw targetting me. Not that it has any impact on my claim itself, but it does have serious impact on what we should do next.
I don't see why ChronX needs to say this before we claim.

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:42 am

Post by distad »

Hang 'em High wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:lol its ok dude. I've said i have no problem with claiming first. But, the thing that does bother me is not knowing who Chronx actually saw targetting me. Not that it has any impact on my claim itself, but it does have serious impact on what we should do next.
QFT. If BM's claim doesn't depend on ChronX, specifically, what's the hold up?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

distad wrote:
Hang 'em High wrote:
QFT. If BM's claim doesn't depend on ChronX, specifically, what's the hold up?
because as well as my claim, i'd like to make some reasonable assumptions, which it is very hard to do when we cannot ascertain whether HeH is confirmed innocent or not.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”