Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:00 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

I'm having doubts about mhsmith right now tbh, he's voting you for wanting a CC, while he was basically doing the same thing.
That being said I'm torn between whether expedience is town or scum, mostly based on his reaction to the counterclaim.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1009, Boonskiies wrote:Yeah, I'm okay with that.

@Sakura - what exactly are your thoughts on Garmr?

This was boon talking about a potential garmr wagon (then at two votes), which he ended up not joining, in favor of staying on Sakura. To the extent that boon was sacrificed to protect someone, that's who would seem to stick out, unless you think that texcat (the popular pre boon wagon) was strategically important enough to have boon take her place. I'm not yet sure that the theory holds together, but I THINK tahts where it would point. Will dig deeper to see if I'm missing anything.

Ps@sakura: I didn't want a cc. I was about as explicit as I could be on that point. That a cc ended up coming from that situation was very much NOT what I intended.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:07 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1274, Expedience wrote:VOTE: Garmr

Also, I doubt Direfire is scum. Especially not for the reasons I can see Garmr preparing to pull out of his ass.

You know, it's a lot more fun if you wait until after those reasons get ass pulled.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:11 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Edit: the garmr wagon was at one vote when boon posted that, and then bumped to two soon after. But it was right around that time the plausible alternative to boon or Sakura.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:11 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 783, Garmr wrote:
Boon
-I originally thought because he was more active than he usually is was a sign he was trying to improve his town game since he hardly gets voted as scum but these last couple of pages make me feel diffrent. I don't like how he was trying to threaten me by linking me to tex cat while buddying me at the same time.

In post 742, Boonskiies wrote:Garmr, if you and texcat are scum together, bus your buddy now please. Texcat is scum, we can lynch you tomorrow instead of today, okay? See, if you think about it, I'm actually protecting you.

Chilled, if texcat flips town, I'm coming hard after you tomorrow.

In post 744, Boonskiies wrote:Yeah, but Garmr is always like this too.

I really don't like being buddied.

I think Garmr is bussing Boonskiies here.

As far as other scum, I would say maybe Maestro / texcat / Almost50. That's really all I can see.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:12 pm

Post by Expedience »

Sakura, you were telling the truth about being vengeful, right? It would just be good to check in case it was some sort of gambit to pressure Boonskiies.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:14 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 1277, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 1274, Expedience wrote:VOTE: Garmr

Also, I doubt Direfire is scum. Especially not for the reasons I can see Garmr preparing to pull out of his ass.

You know, it's a lot more fun if you wait until after those reasons get ass pulled.

You're right, but I'm impatient. He can still explain why though.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:16 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

VoteCount 3.2With 10 players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

Maestro (0):

Almost50 (0):

Sakura Hana (0):

Lowell (1):
texcat
mhsmith0 (0):

texcat (0):

Garmr (1):
Expedience
Dierfire (0):

ToastyToast (0):

Expedience (3):
Almost50, mhsmith0, Garmr

Not Voting (5):
Maestro, Lowell, ToastyToast, Sakura Hana, Dierfire

The deadline is in
(expired on 2016-04-19 06:00:00)

NOTES:
None
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:03 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1280, Expedience wrote:Sakura, you were telling the truth about being vengeful, right? It would just be good to check in case it was some sort of gambit to pressure Boonskiies.

Ugh, what's with this role fishing. For one i do lots of gambits but also im a type of player to claim early for no reason, it's better for scum to figure it out on their own.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:35 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1279, Expedience wrote:As far as other scum, I would say maybe Maestro / texcat / Almost50. That's really all I can see.

Interesting. Why don't you toss in Sakura and Toasty there too. Oh, and smith for that matter. :P

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:42 am

Post by texcat »

I've had a bit of a reread of yesterDay. I think Garmr was the target of the NK and protected by ChilledTea. CT seemed to think otherwise. I think I still think Lowell is scum, but Exp looked bad yesterDay and his posts toDay look worse.

VOTE: Expedience L-2
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Lowell »

I wish everyone could stop offhandedly saying how bad I look. I have feelings.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:57 am

Post by Dierfire »

Sorry to be absent, I'm coming back with content within six hours.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:14 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1286, Lowell wrote:I wish everyone could stop offhandedly saying how bad I look. I have feelings.

You look like a model lowell
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:30 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1279, Expedience wrote:
Boon
-I originally thought because he was more active than he usually is was a sign he was trying to improve his town game since he hardly gets voted as scum but these last couple of pages make me feel diffrent. I don't like how he was trying to threaten me by linking me to tex cat while buddying me at the same time.

In post 742, Boonskiies wrote:Garmr, if you and texcat are scum together, bus your buddy now please. Texcat is scum, we can lynch you tomorrow instead of today, okay? See, if you think about it, I'm actually protecting you.

As far as other scum, I would say maybe Maestro / texcat / Almost50. That's really all I can see.

So you bring up the point boon was buddying and then say I was bussing becuase I pointed out how uncomfortable I was with being buddied since boons never done that before. That's Scummy rhetoric Exp!
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by Dierfire »

I've been reading through Boonskiies in ISO for associations.

In post 227, Boonskiies wrote:152 by Alm looks like coaching. I checked the front page and couldn't find anywhere where it said scum had day talk. I am leaning town on chilled, though, but meh. Day 1. Just somethings to keep an eye out for later in the game.

This looks suspicious to me. If he wasn't going to push it at the time, then why mention it? He knew that chilledtea was not going to flip Mafia, so this strikes me as a possible attempt to chain chilledtea to Almost50 at some later point.

In post 266, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 265, texcat wrote:I am sympathetic with Lowell and his case on you. Sakura bothers me for two reasons. First her unvote when you attracted the wagon. This does not seem particularly bad though. It was basically an RVS wagon that took off. I can understand her unvote. Second is that she never attracted the Almost50 vote. This is what I was referring to when I said connections that don't mean anything without a flip. If Almost50 flips scum, Sakura would definitely get a scum nod.

What would your thoughts on Sakura be if Almost flipped town?

In post 274, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 268, texcat wrote:Almost50 flipping town wouldn't really affect my read on Sakura. It would just mean that a flailing townie didn't vote her.

Okay, then why do you say that if A50 flips scum, Sakura will get the nod? He doesn't affect your read on Sakura? Why not vote Sakura instead of A50 then? Don't get me wrong, I like the A50 vote, but makes me a bit nervous.

FoS: Tex

This series makes me feel that texcat is Town here (particularly if Almost50 is Mafia, but even if not). I don't think that these questions, leading to Boonskiies claiming to be suspicious of texcat, needed to happen at that point in the game if they were both Mafia. The partial encouragement to move the vote from Almost50 is the thing that might also indicate that Almost50 is Mafia.

In post 412, Boonskiies wrote:Did someone say L-1?

Boonskiies has a reputation for dropping a hammer on any player to reach L-1. The fact that he does not do so here, with Lowell at L-1, is suspicious.

Boonskiies places his vote on texcat in , which makes it further unlikely that texcat is Mafia.

Boonskiies continues to not drop a hammer on Lowell in , after mhsmith0 has declared intent to hammer, and .

Boonskiies has that interaction with Garmr in . It never actually makes it to a vote for him, although Garmr does make it to a vote for Boonskiies in .

So, I am reading texcat as Town, and I'm suspicious of Almost50, Garmr, and Lowell. My next task is to read those three again in ISO.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Maestro »

Here, sorry.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:53 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 1283, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1280, Expedience wrote:Sakura, you were telling the truth about being vengeful, right? It would just be good to check in case it was some sort of gambit to pressure Boonskiies.

Ugh, what's with this role fishing. For one i do lots of gambits but also im a type of player to claim early for no reason, it's better for scum to figure it out on their own.

This is your last chance to retract your claim. I still don't 100% believe you for what it's worth.

If it gets to MyLo and you retract, then you will be lynched because you had a chance to retract earlier.

If you are really vengeful, then lynching you at MyLo is still the best thing to do. I hope you understand.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:53 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 1284, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1279, Expedience wrote:As far as other scum, I would say maybe Maestro / texcat / Almost50. That's really all I can see.

Interesting. Why don't you toss in Sakura and Toasty there too. Oh, and smith for that matter. :P

Because I don't think those players are likely to be scum.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 1289, Garmr wrote:
In post 1279, Expedience wrote:
Boon

So you bring up the point boon was buddying and then say I was bussing becuase I pointed out how uncomfortable I was with being buddied since boons never done that before. That's Scummy rhetoric Exp!

I didn't say why I thought you were bussing, and that's not why. That's not even rhetoric anyway.

Your were townreading Boonskiies earlier and you suddenly turned on him. I don't think he was "buddying" you at all here, that doesn't even make sense. He was literally calling you scum (while not really pushing you for that matter).

It was all so sudden and the reasons you gave sound fake. I don't think Boonskiies' posts that you quoted changed your read on him, Boonskiies isn't doing what you accuse him of doing. I think you knew he was scum all along and decided at that moment to bus him.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Expedience »

Garmr, could you explain why you think Direfire is scum? Thanks.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:35 am

Post by Lowell »

First, let me say I don't see the Exp case. I had a decent townread on him D1. I could be missing something here, but I'm not seeing what has changed. Yet, at least.

VOTE: smith

He's the answer, friends. A lot of problems here, mostly having to do with his voting. He tunnelled me for awhile on day 1, several times threatening IN LARGE FONT to hammer me. Never happened.

He later moved on to Boon. Though his "case" against him (too lazy to search for the vote post) reads as a passionless meta. More like coaching--"here's how you act more town, guy"-- than someone who actually wanted to see the lynch. Sure enough, he soon unvoted as the pressure got hot, more or less without explanation.

Then he tried sakura, when that wagon was seen as the counter to boon. then that fizzled, so he jumped ship. Somehow he ended the day without a vote on ANYONE, which raises huge red flags.

tl;dr
Smith is blatantly avoiding being out in front of anything. Didn't want to bus his partner but didn't want to be seen driving a counter-wagon. Wanted to threaten to lynch me (repeatedly) but didn't want to actually be the hammer (because he know how I'll flip). Everything about this guy reeks of calculation.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Lowell »

Here's the sequence I mention above. Passive case, is "put off" by the wagon (that he is on!) might actually bear fruit, then unvote without explanation. Pretty sincere, guy.

In post 959, mhsmith0 wrote:I'm looking at prior Boon games...
town http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7765456
town http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7737426
town http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7643819
scum http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7231303

and the whole tone sounds completely different from him here.

on the other hand...
scum http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7186368
546 http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p7152032
That one (and some of the next few) sound similar to some of the stuff he's been spewing this game.

Moreover, I just don't see cause for him to get THAT angry in the first place in this game. Feels like he's playing it up. And I agree with TT's bit about him active lurking; he's posting a lot, but he really isn't doing much of anything productive.

VOTE: Boonskiies

In post 987, mhsmith0 wrote:I will admit I'm a bit put off by the L-2 and L-1 votes not bothering to point that out. Also, I'll parrot Sayaka from earlier and ask that we don't quick-hammer day 2 like we did day 1. I'm still comfortable being on this wagon, but let's at least take a bit of time before we hammer.

In post 993, mhsmith0 wrote:UNVOTE: Boon
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:42 am

Post by Lowell »

And BTW that's 4 RL hours between 987 and 993.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:54 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Ok fine i'll admit it, it was a gambit.