New York 194: Guns N' Roses Mafia! (Day 8)

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 498, Egg wrote:
In post 469, jam wrote:Fair enough. Thanks for clearing that up.

Who's your top scumread right now, Egg?

Creature.

Creature, I think post 9 has been covered enough, but let me summarize. You admitted some nervousness about being scum. I gave you the benefit of the doubt that maybe it was an excitement thing, but you confirmed that it wasn't before you knew why I was asking. Your Role PM was fresh in your mind and we were just starting out so I think you may have recieved a scum PM and some of your nervousness came out. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I can't even count the number of times it's turned out to be accurate. Specifically off the top of my head, I remember catching Reck and cooldog with that tell when they were new. If I were to go back through my games, I bet I could find it a bunch more times. Others have covered things I think you've done that are scummy as well. For example, the hypocracy around people voting "easy" targets, whatever that phrase even means anymore these days. Oh, and just to clarify, there was nothing RQS about my questioning. I was working around my theory to see if it had any merit or not. I don't RQS.

I'll just admit: I feel the same nervousness when I am town too. I have difficulty to make a good post initially and I don't accept being mislynched D1. If you want to lynch me, at least you'll learn this is my typical town play. Take my reads seriously, they're not detailed as you would expect, but it's already an idea.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by Performer »

My 2 other ongoing went into OT for me in the morning, which I didn't expect. Catching up right now.
-----
In post 327, Egg wrote:
Performer wrote:I doubt the replace out and V/LA post, along with his statement of school project, came from scum

I got that. My question was why. Like it's one thing to believe that he was legitimately busy but I want to know why that has to come from town. Why wasn't he scum who was too busy to play? (And yes, I read the rest of your post. Just this is the part where I'm lost)

It's just how I read the Ness replace out. There's nothing more I can go into for why. Like I said, the replace out for Ness who's had a school project - I've seen replace outs from school-goers before and they've been town. That was why I read that slot as town.

I haven't seen anything from the replacement so far though and as I said before , I'm open minded so I reread the Ness ISO and wow. First 12 posts of filler along with a vote on someone who I've added to my townreads: Ilikebugs. Once I added that part of his ISO to the replace out, I see why he could be scum now.
In post 342, Egg wrote:Why should a VT without much to add be worried about being taken out first?

This is very questionable to me as well. Maybe it's just his completely overt town paranoia?
In post 344, Ilikebugs wrote:Id also like to know why I was asked to claim and why people were on jam before?

In post 349, Ilikebugs wrote:umm jam is too new so I dont know if hes acting scummy or townie for him

I'm starting to think ilikebugs is actually Townie based on these posts.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by Performer »

Wait a sec. Did we ever find out ilikebugs has any FM exp? ilikebugs, tell me about your FM experience.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 352, Slandaar wrote:I read your nonsense but you should have realized something. Your opinion should have revised at least slightly more likely majorly.

So, try again.

What the?
The town Slandaar I saw in the game with Titus, Ircher, BBT, Thor665, and Keyser - as well as the town Slandaar I played against last year - were very reasonable. How are you reading that Fragg is putting in a nonsense case against ira?
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by Egg »

That doesn't make any sense though. It's not like his teacher's considered his alignment in this game before setting a deadline on his assignment. Calling him town for that makes zero sense.

V/LA until Thursday

I'll try to check in if the thread is quiet, but I'm working 40 hours between tonight and Wednesday morning, then sleeping (if I find a babysitter) until meeting with the bank to try to get a mortgage, then I have my poker league that night. So yeah, Thursday.
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by SnarkySnowman »

pdodge
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 381, Golden Robster wrote:If I had to choose one person that is most likely to be scum, I'd choose kickass.

#377 irks me in ways I cannot describe.

Golden Golden Golden. If I've been wrong about you this game, I'm going to shoot myself.
I really don't find it transparent in that pg 16 interaction you had, with Egg about Kickass being scum.
:cry:
In post 399, Drixx wrote:Do I need to read what came already or is it mostly fluff?

My oh my. :lol:

Well if it isn't someone who I was scum teamed with a while ago, in a large normal.

Drixx , the voice of reason.
I hope I can read you well enough to discern your alignment this game.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 401, Drixx wrote:
In post 400, iraonavp wrote:You don't need to read anything, just shoot someone to confirm your predecessor's quintuplevoting dayvig survivor claim.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure my predecessor didn't claim that, LOL.

Yeah, he didn't claim that.
But then why did your predecessor claim he was a Town 3-shot Tracker? Awfully unwarranted, wouldn't you say?
In post 404, iraonavp wrote:Because SirCakez is making a lot of short quips that don't really mean anything or represent a wider perspective.

Short quips that...so you're saying he's just pushing out nonsense? -_ -
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 425, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:Performer sounds straightforward but I disagree with some of his posts (i.e. post , ).

What do you disagree with about my ?
From my 25+ games I've played on and offsite, as well as a few moderated games of varying capacity - I believe day 1 lynch means we have less of a chance of mislynching town (and possibly town PR). This means we have town PRs going to work overnight and more town remaining, to help us in the fight against scum. This of course, is just a general theory I hold.
In post 429, Creature wrote:
In post 236, Egg wrote:Creature, how many games have you played? Do you prefer being town or scum? Does being scum make you feel more nervous or confident (or if you've never been scum, which do you think would be true?.

In this site I completed one game and am playing this and 3 others.
I prefer being town because when I am lynched my play will be accepted next game.
Depends, I start nervous, go confident a little then nervous again, but it doesn't differ too much from my town play.

Also, pretty sure the size of the posts is not alignment indicative.

Creature do you have offsite FM experience?
I find it super strange that you believe if you're town, your town play will be accepted next game. Elaborate?
I typically find size of posts and effort, to be town rather than scum. If the posts are consistently incoherent wall posts, that's another story.
In post 444, Ilikebugs wrote:Okay so here are my reads so far:
Drixx I wouldn't think make himself such a target d1 if he was scum. It's been a while since I've played mafia so I can see myself as town doing what Drixx is doing in his current position.
Reubus hasn't talked at all so I'm hoping he can add something.
Killthestory started the Drixx vote which seems more scummy than town to me.
Egg I think is using player meta which can easily backfire. Also voted Drixx immediately after killthestory. However still neutral on him due to him actively asking questions.

ilikebug, Drixx actually is very involved as scum. I can't recall his town play very well, but I think he's involved as town too. For a player like him, I don't think effort would be a good tell for sorting him.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by Performer »

Finished reread of Creature's ISO - he did put up a reads list with SC, Kop, KAAG, and Drixx (though I don't know why he put him in his scum list).

I can agree with Something's case on Creature. Seeing as we have 9 or less days remaining, I 'd like to get more progress via a vote on VOTE: Creature
-----
Also just finished a read of Kop's ISO - his was understandable in moving the game forward. His sounded highly reasonable. Haven't seen enough from him though and he's now V/A until 4/8. Null read on this slot - I'd like to see more from him.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by KickAssAndGiggle »

What do you disagree with about my 292 ?
From my 25+ games I've played on and offsite, as well as a few moderated games of varying capacity - I believe day 1 lynch means we have less of a chance of mislynching town (and possibly town PR). This means we have town PRs going to work overnight and more town remaining, to help us in the fight against scum. This of course, is just a general theory I hold.

No Lynch on D1 = scum gets to choose first person to leave the game. Also, it's in town's interest to keep an odd number in the game...of course, vigs/sks etc can muddy the waters here, but generally I don't find townies advocating no lynch on D1 very often at all.

As far as "mislynching a PR" goes, that's why announcing L-1 and stating "intent to hammer" are sensible theories.

Can you link me to a "normal" game on-site where town voted No Lynch on D1? (Ideally, not just because deadline expired with no consensus: where they actually voted NL)
It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't
force
you to be right...
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

This is my only game going on at the moment so you have my undivided attention in little more than a few hours
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:53 pm

Post by pisskop »

we arent no lynching i dont even know why somebody was talking like its ever a sane idea
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:03 pm

Post by iraonavp »

VOTE: no lynch
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:10 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 494, Drixx wrote:You were there the last time someone posed a lose/lose question to me as a "reaction test", and if you recall I pointed out that it was a trap and declined to answer, and I'm sure you recall how that turned out.

I don't remember it well enough to comment currently.

You think there is a 'lose' to answering the question 'no'?
In post 496, SirCakez wrote:You know Guy is lynchbait Slandaar, you were in Ice Cream. Not a very good vote.

I am quietly confident in my vote.
In post 503, Performer wrote:The town Slandaar I saw in the game with Titus, Ircher, BBT, Thor665, and Keyser - as well as the town Slandaar I played against last year - were very reasonable. How are you reading that Fragg is putting in a nonsense case against ira?

Which points do you think are actually good?
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:54 pm

Post by Fraggernaut »

Finally off work & posting from my phone

We're not No Lynching. That's a atrocious idea.

Also I don't think Drixx is scum off one joke. His play IMO has been similar to a previous newbie we played together where he was the IC & town.

Ill post more once I'm home & in front of a computer.

Also need more pressure on Iraonavp & inactives.
GP:6 Town W/L (2-4) Mafia W/L (0-0)

Currently Playing: NY 194: GnR Mafia
Currently Modding: None
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:57 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

A couple things from those last few posts by Performer don't sit right with me. I'll look at it later when I have more time.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:41 am

Post by Egg »

Yeah no lynch would be pretty dumb. It's been a long time since I've seen it suggested but I feel like I remember it always coming from newbtown so this is weird /glorified prod dodge
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:21 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

I'll try to be less clueless as we go on but I've never played with 21 before. I don't even know where to begin
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:22 am

Post by Slandaar »

Reading the thread is a good starting point.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:33 am

Post by SirCakez »

I actually liked those posts from Performer, can you elaborate SS?
Creature does have off site experience, with me actually lol.
Still waiting on Reubus...
P-Edit: lol Slandaar. Yeah that helps.
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:52 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 519, Slandaar wrote:Reading the thread is a good starting point.

Obviously but 21 pages is a bit hard to sift through wouldn't you agree?
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:29 am

Post by Golden Robster »

bleh i have no motivation
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:31 am

Post by Golden Robster »

VOTE: Pisskop
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:32 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 521, Reubus Swagrid wrote:
Obviously but 21 pages is a bit hard to sift through wouldn't you agree?

I do not agree. You just read the thread and after 21 pages you should have a starting point. What is difficult about that?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”