Newbie 470: Trouble at Mount Excitement - Mafia Wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:00 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Happiest Sadist wrote:
Mastermind of Sin
why do you think that we should be lynching
Charms
today? Although he has been acting suspicious, much of his suspicious behavior has been in supporting
Dark Lady Shaiann.
. So if she is not scum, then it is likely that
Charms
isn't either.

Because of that, if we are lynching one of
Charms & Dark Lady
, we should lynch
Dark Lady
. Consider the unfortunate circumstance where we kill one of them and they were innocent. If we find out
Dark Lady
is innocent, it provides evidence that
Charms
is at well. However, if we find out
Charms
is innocent it provides no similar evidence about
Dark Lady.
Actually, I find it possible that Charms is scum latching on to a protown player (Dark Lady). It's possible the are both scum, but I feel stronger about Dark Lady.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:05 am

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:Obviously if I unvoted him it's becuase I was back to being undecided......

I don't understand how just becuase Charms talks about me, we have to automatically be a team. I belive that if we really were, we would both be talking about eachother and then denying our involvment together like crazy, or just not talking about eachother at all, especially when it comes to defense of the other, because I think that is just a little bit to obvious. The only reason why I never denied it immediatly (or said anything about it, even after I asked about it) is becuase I wasn't really worried about it, and I figured that if I denied it you would definetly think I was lying since you guys were already pointing fingers at me anyway (plus I didn't really have good enough reason to back it up at the time. I didn't really see any harm it what she was doing). I have a feeling that she just might be trying to put some attention on me by pointing out obvious facts about my actions. The more my name gets said, the more (most likely bad) attention I get..... Which basically rules out that if I'm innocent Charms must be aswell and vice versa. There is always a chance that her actions may be purely innocent, just like mine, but even so......

vote: Charms

And, yes, I am aware that scum will sometimes lynch their own to try and make themselves look more innocent, and have a higher chance of winning, so take this however the Hell you want. The only reason why I say it is becuase some one would probably bring it up anyway.......

And if you don't know....now you know.

.......And who said what about me wanting a claim?
Dark Lady, nearly everything you just said was WIFOM, and therefore can not be counted as evidence at all. If you ARE scum, you've obviously thought about what you think scumpartners would do, since you just told us. Therefore, if you ARE scum, you would specifically avoid doing the things that you just told us scum would do, so that you could turn around and say "look, I didn't do what scum would do, I'm protown!"

That is EXACTLY what you are doing right now. On top of that, you just voted and unvoted Charms for no reason. Do you or do you not think Charms is the most likely person to be scum? If you do, why did you unvote her? If you don't, why did you vote her in the first place?
Permanent V/LA.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:52 am

Post by Dark_Lady_Shaiann »

I explained why I voted and then unvoted Charms.......

I'll start from the begining.... Read the 1st paragraph really slow.

Joubert was a random starting vote, which then changed to
ShadowLurker becuase he voted for me and didn't give a good reason why (and kind of still hasn't)
. I unvoted Shadow because the first time I voted him the only main reason I had was because he voted me. So I unvoted him. Then I started looking into the whole me and Charms thing, since that came up a few times, and I decided to say something about that, and with a bunch of backwards logic, ended up voting Charms. When asked to explain it (again), I jumped to a lot of different things that I was thinking about, and came back to ShadowLurker and Happiest Saddist, and how suspicious that looks to me, so I revoted for ShadowLurker with an FoS at HappiestSaddist, because
HappiestSaddist voted me because I voted ShadowLurker
, and I honestly do believe I'm going to stick with that,

I might seem a little weirder than usual over these last few posts, but thats most likely becuase I have been up for like 20hrs, and can't go to sleep becuase I had an energy drink (Monster, Khaos) like 10 hrs ago at work. My body is tired but my mind won't stop, and at that point it's really hard for me to concentrate on one thing. So I will jump around to a lot of different things, talk too much (and if you were here with me) too fast. I already have like some weird form of ADHD....I should have known mass amounts of caffiene wasn't going to make it any better. I should be a bit more clear headed tomorrow, but my vote will still stand.

PS...what does WIFOM mean?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:08 am

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=WIFOM

Dark Lady, please stop giving us stream-of-consciousness posts. You're making posts that are hard to read, and hard to understand. I suggest that you hit preview before posting and try to edit your posts so people can actually see what you are getting at.
Permanent V/LA.
Charms86
Charms86
Townie
Charms86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:20 am

Post by Charms86 »

I hate to display my ignorance, but what does FoS stand for?
Charms86
Charms86
Townie
Charms86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:25 am

Post by Charms86 »

OK, never mind I looked it up on the Wiki site. I'll use that as a reference from now on. :)
Charms86
Charms86
Townie
Charms86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:00 am

Post by Charms86 »

Actually, I find it possible that Charms is scum latching on to a protown player (Dark Lady). It's possible the are both scum, but I feel stronger about Dark Lady.
I wouldn't describe what I'm doing as "latching on to" Dark Lady. I really only mentioned her once (other than my random vote for her) and that was in deciding whether she was scum or not. All remaining times were clarifications of why I said what said. As I mentioned earlier, this post was very similar to Joubert's post about me possibly being scum.

Mastermind of Sin-- Just to clarify, when you say you feel stronger about Dark Lady, you mean that you feel stronger that she is town than me?

My vote stays on you because I feel like you're making much more out of my seemingly "scummy" actions than is actually there. I think it's scummy to be pointing a finger at anyone this easily.

That is all for now.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:10 am

Post by Joubert »

My vote stays on you because I feel like you're making much more out of my seemingly "scummy" actions than is actually there. I think it's scummy to be pointing a finger at anyone this easily.
But aren't you doing the same thing with your vote? A vote is much more serious than a FoS...
Charms86
Charms86
Townie
Charms86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Charms86 »

Good point. I think that because a lot of us don't have a tremendous amount of information to go off of, we have to take any info. we do have and run with it.

So it seems MOS's vote for me is just as legitimate as my vote for him.
Malrokin
Malrokin
Townie
Malrokin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:51 am

Post by Malrokin »

I agree with MoS about Charms assuming DLS is innocent despite her actions. Only scum would have a hard time seeing suspicion in other players posts.
I don't agree with HS's suspicions of Charms based on reading too much into what she posted, the whole subtext and faint praise thing is very subjective WIFOM.
DLS's defensiveness is very scummy, "the lady do protest too much methinks". Her actions are a bit weird too, voting ShadowLurker for something HS did? Because his reason for voting you:
ShadowLurker wrote:Um... maybe you should stop oversimplifying things and read the reasons people are voting you? Everything you say and do should have a purpose and motivation, if you can't explain that when asked in a protown manner, then yeah, I'd have to say you're probably scum.
Seems good enough to me.
ShadowLurker wrote:DLS: Why did you unvote yet still want a claim?
Umm, I get the first part but the second part seems out of left field to me, care to enlighten me?

At the moment I suspect HS for his WIFOM suspicion of Charms and for post 91, you are trying very hard to tie DLS and Charms together. I suspect DLS for her overexplaining her behaviour and her recent voting pattern. And I have a little suspicion of Charms for assuming DLS is innocent.
I believe that lynching DLS will give us the most information about HS and Charms, and of the three she is at the top of my LoS.
Vote: Dark Lady Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:25 pm

Um... maybe you should stop oversimplifying things and read the reasons people are voting you? Everything you say and do should have a purpose and motivation, if you can't explain that when asked in a protown manner, then yeah, I'd have to say you're probably scum.
Ummm.....yeah....thats not really a reason.....just an obvious fact. If you don't have a good explination, don't do it. I hadn't done much of anything needing an explination when SL decided he was "Happy with his vote". Most of my posts were a bunch of nonsense. If he had gone with the "DLS is trying too hard to look friendly" route, then no, I probably wouldn't mind so much, becuase that is what it looked like, even I said that, but I didn't want to get accused of lurking either. He basicaly claims he voted me because I wasn't able to explain myself (about nothing).....but now that I am explaining myself, I'm still suspicious. Didn't I say something about before?

On a different note, subtext is a dangerous tool.....
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:28 pm

I think what pisses me off the most, is that people are actually going along with SL and HS, even though to me it doesn't make any sense. Thats why I'm overexplaining, because I don't understand how no one else can see what I see.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:46 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Vote Count

Malrokin (1: Joubert)
Dark_Lady_Shaiann (3: ShadowLurker, Happiest Sadist, Malrokin)
ShadowLurker (1: Dark_Lady_Shaiann)
Mastermind of Sin (1: Charms86)
Charms86 (1: Mastermind of Sin)

alive,
to lynch!
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:48 pm

Unvote, Vote: Malrokin

We don't have time for "information" lynches. We get like two days to find scum barring anything miraculous happening, and this is one of them. Let's not waste it. I doubt Dark Lady is scum.
Permanent V/LA.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:34 pm

Post by Joubert »

Time? If I'm not mistaken, there isn't any deadline...
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:19 am

Random question..... Isn't everything in and about this game basically WIFOM? To accuse that is to basically point out the whole point of the game.....
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:07 am

This is a discussion about WIFOM (click here)

Joubert, I'm talking about time in terms of the game, not real life days.
Permanent V/LA.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Unvote

DLS: Please answer my question of why you wanted a claim even though you unvoted as wanting a person to claim their role is a sign you think they are scum, unvoting is a sign you do not think they are scum.

MoS: Do you believe newbies as scum are more likely to suggest the idea of lynching for information? If so, why?

Charms: What is your take on why MoS is voting for you?

Oh and I have been busy all this week and will be even more busy this weekend, I promise a nice large post on Monday though. I have just read this game over from the start and I would like those questions answered.

Thanks.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:36 pm

DLS: Please answer my question of why you wanted a claim even though you unvoted as wanting a person to claim their role is a sign you think they are scum, unvoting is a sign you do not think they are scum.
I didn't want a claim. I was explaining how some one in my last game constantly did that, and how annoying and scummy it seemed to me.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:38 pm

And I already did answer that before....
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:56 am

ShadowLurker wrote:
Unvote

MoS: Do you believe newbies as scum are more likely to suggest the idea of lynching for information? If so, why?

Oh and I have been busy all this week and will be even more busy this weekend, I promise a nice large post on Monday though. I have just read this game over from the start and I would like those questions answered.

Thanks.
Newbie scum are always more likely to suggest something that benefits scum, by way of the fact that they are scum.
Permanent V/LA.
Charms86
Charms86
Townie
Charms86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by Charms86 »

It seems like MoS voted for me because he suspected that by my defending DLS, it meant I was either scum with her or scum latching on to her. Initially, I thought that accusation was extremely far fetched, but now I'm not so sure.
It seems like almost anything in this game can look like suspicious activity...

Newbie scum are always more likely to suggest something that benefits scum, by way of the fact that they are scum.
Is this why you're voting Malrokin?

I don't know about Malrokin yet, but his point about Happiest Sadist has me feeling more suspicious about HS.

Unvote, Vote: Happiest Sadist
Happiest Sadist
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:49 am

Post by Happiest Sadist »

How is my suspicion of Charms WIFOM
Malrokin
? Wine in front of me is not any bad argument. It is an argument of the form Scum would not do X. However Scum try to make pro-town players believe they aren't scum. Therefore Scum will do X.

My argument might be overemphasizing trivial choices of words. It might have other flaws. I don't think it does. However one thing it does not have is WIFOM reasoning.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:38 am

*bump*
Permanent V/LA.
Malrokin
Malrokin
Townie
Malrokin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by Malrokin »

Happiest Sadist, I thought WIFOM was basically second guessing someones actions, trying to read more into what they say or do than what's there.You see her defense of her actions as a ploy to make DLS look more town and you as scum, I can see the first part but the second, it could be seen as trying to make MoS look scummy with his reason for his vote. This I thought was the WIFOM, she could be deflecting onto you, MoS, or niether.

Now I feel I must apologize for asking to be replaced. In a few weeks I will be moving, internet access unknown.
unvote

I will let my replacement decide where best to put his/her vote.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”