curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:22 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

and another thing, if I was trying to save my hide..I would vote Heh..since he is currently in the lead...but whatever..I am done with you BM
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:oh look BM, trying to role fish again..

anyone want to guess who this 3rd person will be?..anyone? got money on distad..just a hunch..

at any rate...BM, when you hang us and find out we were indeed town..where oh where will you try to lead this town next?
gg paranoid. :p
Yes i'm rolefishing. You have a problem with that? :o

also please stop spamming this thread if you dont have anything new to contribute.

I'll repeat in case Gorgon and Chronx cant both see my other post:

Gorgon-please claim your role.
Chronx-if the guy who you saw hasnt claimed by deadline, please claim who it was.
Guy who targetted me last night-please claim so we can confirm you.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:28 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Battle Mage wrote:why do you think we have a cop AND a tracker?
I can see how my post was confusing in that regard. ChronX's claim makes it clear that whomever he targetted was performing some night action that didn't result in killing. Since the cop is the most common town role, I'm thinking that's who he investigated. But it could be a roleblocker or some other protective or investigative role as well. I did state this earlier in my post:
Hang 'em High wrote:Wow, that's a lot of power role claims going around, and this totally changes the discussion. We know we had a doctor. If we believe ChronX, we also have a cop (or possibly a role blocker or a different investigative role) and a tracker.
I should have made it clearer throughout my post that the second person could have been a variety of power roles -- sorry for the confusion.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:31 am

had a problem with it when you did it earlier too..

at any rate, I think it is important for the town to hear your thoughts on this NOW versus later...when we come up masons...who do you think the scum will be?

also, going to be interesting to see if he blames d3sisted for our own lynch...versus taking the blame or questioning chronx's about it..

also note, that Bm has no problem with chronx (deadline) claim..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:32 am

...blames d3sisted and I for our own lynch.."
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:had a problem with it when you did it earlier too..

at any rate, I think it is important for the town to hear your thoughts on this NOW versus later...when we come up masons...who do you think the scum will be?

also, going to be interesting to see if he blames d3sisted for our own lynch...versus taking the blame or questioning chronx's about it..

also note, that Bm has no problem with chronx (deadline) claim..
wow, failure to read alert. I'm not even going to respond to you anymore until you make a stab at telling the truth.
Currently you seem to be trying to screw the town up as much as possible, in an attempt to cost us the game. Bravo. Are you a Jester-Pair?

Of the two masons, i think CKD is the better play by far, simply because i think D3sisted might be helpful once his rather irritating sidekick is dead.

Analysis of Atticus pending. HeH-do i take it from your lack of claimitude that you are not the person Chronx saw last night?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:41 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Battle Mage wrote:Chronx-if the guy who you saw hasnt claimed by deadline, please claim who it was.
I'm not sure that is wise. On the plus side, this would confirm ChronX's claim. On the down side, if ChronX is telling the truth then we'd be exposing another power role for the scum. I don't know if that's a good trade at this point. As odd as it sounds, I think we can verify ChronX's claim by lynching a mason. If the mason comes back town, that means we have 3 known power roles -- doc & 2 masons. If that happened, then for ChronX's claim to be true we would have had 5 power roles. Since that's not likely, if one of the claimed masons comes back town then I'd have to conclude that ChronX is lying. We're going to have to deal with the mason question today or tomorrow. If we do so today, we'll not only know if the mason claim was legit but we'll also know if ChronX's claim was legit. And we wouldn't have had to reveal a power role to do so.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Hang 'em High wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Chronx-if the guy who you saw hasnt claimed by deadline, please claim who it was.
I'm not sure that is wise. On the plus side, this would confirm ChronX's claim. On the down side, if ChronX is telling the truth then we'd be exposing another power role for the scum. I don't know if that's a good trade at this point. As odd as it sounds, I think we can verify ChronX's claim by lynching a mason. If the mason comes back town, that means we have 3 known power roles -- doc & 2 masons. If that happened, then for ChronX's claim to be true we would have had 5 power roles. Since that's not likely, if one of the claimed masons comes back town then I'd have to conclude that ChronX is lying. We're going to have to deal with the mason question today or tomorrow. If we do so today, we'll not only know if the mason claim was legit but we'll also know if ChronX's claim was legit. And we wouldn't have had to reveal a power role to do so.
I dont think the two scenarios are mutually exclusive. Neither do i think that a mason isnt normally considered a protown power role.
My main concern is not confirming Chronx's claim. It is confirming another player, who we can then eliminate from our enquiries.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:46 am

I will enjoy our endgame conversation.

can I see why people request a replacement when you are in a game or ask the mod to not let you in games now...

I have tried to do what I can for this town...

town, tomorrow go back and reread Bm's plays... look at his actions, his role fishing, his mistruths, his crap assumptions, his bullying, the insults, his positioning, and the fact he never truly wanted the town to believe the mason claim.

BM and I do agree on one thing..if you really must hang a mason today vote me out first....

Bah, go town.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Battle Mage wrote:My main concern is not confirming Chronx's claim. It is confirming another player, who we can then eliminate from our enquiries.
But if ChronX's is telling the truth we'd be confirming a town power role and revealing it to the mafia. I don't think that helps us.

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:55 am

Post by distad »

Ah... two straight deadline claims. First CKD, now ChronX. Great.

I'll reserve judgment on ChronX's claim until the 3rd party verifies -- and no, CKD, it was not me.

I have to admit... I'm leaning toward a CKD lynch. I don't like thinking that we'll be in lylo with two unverified masons tomorrow if we miss today. Two things could come from this:
1) CKD is scum, which means we've outed 2
2) CKD is a mason, and scum has to choose between a claimed tracker and a confirmed mason.

(1) is ideal, but (2) is much better than questioning the veracity of your claim tomorrow in potential lylo.
Vote: CKD

Deadline is about 3 hours from now?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:57 am

Post by Battle Mage »

thats odd. it tends to be the other way around i.e. i usually quit games with blithering idiots in, simply because they aren't fun. I resent the fact that i'm being bullied into lynching you. But tbh, i'm starting to feel that i'd rather lynch a protown mason who keeps slandering me and confusing the town, than lynch someone i actually think is scum.
Unfortunately, your play here has been poor. You can make as many retorts as you want, but when the game is over, you will see the truth. I hope you are truly ashamed of yourself.

Oh and fyi, i'm going to make it quite clear now that i NEVER want to participate in a game with you again. Regardless of either of our affiliation, your lack of reading comprehension and total ignorance towards the game, really frustrates me.
I seriously reccommend that after this game, you do the same as i did, and seek help from an experienced player, who might be willing to train you up. Until such a time as you make significant improvement in your playstyle, and attitude, i dont reccommend you start any new games. If not for your own sake, then for the sake of everyone else on site who plays these games to have fun, and do their best.

Its a shame that it has to come to this. If you are scum i will at least take consolation from the fact that your play was slightly more understandable. Hell, i'd even take back some of the criticism of your playstyle, but not of your attitude. Regardless of affiliation, that is poor form. If you are town, i'm going to be exceptionally pi$$ed off with you at endgame, especially if we end up losing because of your antics.

Anyway, good luck with the training. If you want, i'll speak to some people, and see if they are willing to lend a hand. I may not be a great player myself, but i know lots of people who are. :p

Unvote, Vote: CKD

BM
curiouskarmadog wrote:I will enjoy our endgame conversation.

can I see why people request a replacement when you are in a game or ask the mod to not let you in games now...

I have tried to do what I can for this town...

town, tomorrow go back and reread Bm's plays... look at his actions, his role fishing, his mistruths, his crap assumptions, his bullying, the insults, his positioning, and the fact he never truly wanted the town to believe the mason claim.

BM and I do agree on one thing..if you really must hang a mason today vote me out first....

Bah, go town.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Atticus wrote:Reading = done. What I wouldn't give to be a day-vig.

Anyways, what struck me as I read was Mr. PiGG's Person by Person analysis on what was it... page 2? I've seen plenty of scum, when feeling pressured in any way, post anything, whether it be true or not. Just a small thing to note, but it also made me laugh really hard when I read it.

Also, if Battle Mage tells the truth, he is scum to me. He looks like town. Which by his definition, means he's probably scum. (In Amazing Race Mafia, I thought he was town and ended up killing him, the tracker) Just a bit of light metagaming is what I have right now.

Gorgon is very hard to read to me. He posts quite often enough, but as I think of it, there weren't too many actual opinions and not enough scumhunting going on. But of course, he's knew, so I don't know him, and I can't tell if this is what he would do regardless of alignment or whatever.

Distad I'm seeing as town, simply because he doesn't seem to be heavily concerned about the game, but he manages to keep it in check.

Sonicpulsar is neutral to me.

And those are the people who stuck out in my reading.
This post by Atticus deserves comment. Those are the people that STUCK OUT to him?
Since when did somebody neutral, 'stand out'?
Decidedly non-commital methinks.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:03 am

Post by distad »

Sorry that I didn't get to jump in, earlier. I had to deal with "Non-Farm Payroll" this morning and the mortgage market was hopping.

I understand what HeH is saying. The last thing we want to do is give scum another power role option to NK. However, it would be nice if we could confirm ChronX now. Otherwise, we could end up in a similar position as if we left the pair of masons alive.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ok sorry for the triple post, but i have read the entirety of Atticus's posts, and although he has done some scummy things, i dont think he is anywhere near as scummy as Gorgon, so i'm happy to leave him for today. We probably need to look at him if he is still alive tomorrow.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:08 am

Post by Gorgon »

The deadline is way too close for comfort now. I've been all too busy today. I've also been invited to a dinner party tonight (I'm at GTM; UK time -1 hour), so I won't be around when the deadline hits. I will need to go offline at around 1.5 hours before the deadline, at the latest.

It looks to me like there's way too much suspicion and antagonism surrounding the mason claim. I think if the mason claim is true, the scum will most likely let them live another night to continue this crap. In the worst-case scenario of an actual mason getting lynched, the claim will finally be confirmed, and we'll have one definitely confirmed player tomorrow if he survives the night. If the scum kill him, at least any remaining protown roles will still be alive.

Therefore ...

Unvote

Vote: curiouskarmadog

And no, I won't claim, and I think claiming the person that ChronX tracked is a bad idea. These are issues for tomorrow, IMO. It makes me uneasy that BM is the only guy pushing for these claims ... I don't think these 'orders' should be followed unless they gain more backing.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:12 am

Post by Gorgon »

Christ .... don't tell me I just hammered. I should have looked the thread over before posting. I wasn't expecting two votes on the guy before mine in such quick succession though. :shock:
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:12 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

If I'm not mistaken, that was the hammer vote. I think we've now got ChronX, me, distad, Battle Mage and Gorgon all voting for Curiouskarmadog. Unless I'm wrong, we should stop discussion until Theo realizes we've lynched.

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Gorgon »

We can still discuss before the lynch takes place. Night doesn't fall until the lynch has taken place ... right? I think that's usually the rules.

Again, I'm sorry. I opened up the reply and was writing, got interrupted (damn work), so it took about 15 minutes in all for me to finish the post.

Let's just hope it's not a mislynch. *Sigh*
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:20 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Gorgon wrote:We can still discuss before the lynch takes place. Night doesn't fall until the lynch has taken place ... right? I think that's usually the rules.
My apologies, I misunderstood. I thought we were supposed to stop posting after the hammer and didn't want anybody to get in trouble if they didn't realize that the hammer had happened.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:22 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorgon wrote:The deadline is way too close for comfort now. I've been all too busy today. I've also been invited to a dinner party tonight (I'm at GTM; UK time -1 hour), so I won't be around when the deadline hits. I will need to go offline at around 1.5 hours before the deadline, at the latest.

It looks to me like there's way too much suspicion and antagonism surrounding the mason claim. I think if the mason claim is true, the scum will most likely let them live another night to continue this crap. In the worst-case scenario of an actual mason getting lynched, the claim will finally be confirmed, and we'll have one definitely confirmed player tomorrow if he survives the night. If the scum kill him, at least any remaining protown roles will still be alive.

Therefore ...

Unvote

Vote: curiouskarmadog

And no, I won't claim, and I think claiming the person that ChronX tracked is a bad idea. These are issues for tomorrow, IMO. It makes me uneasy that BM is the only guy pushing for these claims ... I don't think these 'orders' should be followed unless they gain more backing.
I dont see the logic of that last point. Should you be more willing to claim if everyone asks than if one person does, in the knowledge that with lots of people requesting something, the odds of some of them being scum are higher. But w/e. The most important thing atm is to confirm Chronx, for which we need him to claim who he saw.

You're still obv scum, and whether it is a lynch or not, i still want Chronx to return so we can confirm him. This is of the utmost importance. srsly.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:31 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Battle Mage wrote:The most important thing atm is to confirm Chronx, for which we need him to claim who he saw.

You're still obv scum, and whether it is a lynch or not, i still want Chronx to return so we can confirm him. This is of the utmost importance. srsly
No, no, no, no, no. The lynch has happened and that isn't going to change. ChronX should NOT claim who he tracked and if anyone targeted Battle Mage they should NOT confirm ChronX's claim. All that will do now is expose a power role to the scum. We can confirm ChronX tomorrow when we can do something about it. Right now confirming ChronX will only help the scum.

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:47 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Final Votecount - CKDog 5 - ChronX, Hang em High, BM, Distad, Gorgon.

The town ultimately didn't believe Curiouskarmadog and decided it would be beneficial to lynch him. How wrong could they be?

Very was the answer . .

Curiouskarmadog, Mason, Town Aligned

Lynched day 2.

It's now night time - roles in by Sunday evening this kind of time
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:39 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Day Breaks and with sadness the coroner announces the death of one

d3sisted, Mason, Town Aligned

A very sad state of affairs.

It's now daytime, 7 of you remain - 4 to lynch. Deadline is set for 10 days from now which I think is the 17th October, have fun.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Bah. It sure sucks to be right. Ah well. I'm still confident we can pull this game back. Now first things first, i propose we institute a mass-claim today. Only we don't just claim randomly-we claim in a logical order. Assuming we are in LyLo, we need all the information we can get today, if we hope to pull off 3 consequtive scum lynches.
I highly suggest, nay, i DEMAND, that whoever targetted me on Night 2, CLAIM NOW. I dont want Chronx to claim who it is, nor do i want the individual in question to claim their role.
I simply want everyone to say yes or no to the question:
Did you target BM on Night 2?

After that question has been answered, i will claim fully, and then you guys should know the score, after which we can have a popcorn-style claim if you wish.
I'd like to request that nobody makes any votes before we have heard everyone's claim. With 3 scum and only 4 to lynch, it only takes 1 misplaced protown vote to cause a pathetic mislynch and its game over town.
After the claims we can discuss who to lynch-a task which will hopefully be made easier by having 3 confirmed innocents, as i speculate we may have after my claim.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”