Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by Expedience »

You do realize that we have currently used 2.5 days out of the 14 that we have available?

I'm not usually one to highly value day time, but this is fucking ridiculous.

I don't have strong feelings about Lowell being scum, in general I'm lost and really would like to use more of the time.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

1) would you be willing to policy lynch a dumb hammer?
2) if not, then isn't it better to make sure people have a chance to weigh in?

Ps Madonna put us back at l1 and has expressed clear preference for quick hammer. We may well see a quick hammer yet.

PPS in case you can't tell, I don't love gambits generally or am much good at them. Eventually that may change as I get experience, but the idea of policy lynching a dumb town quick hammer on day two makes me uncomfortable. Especially since I think we already have some idea of what Lowell's flip might tell us.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 418, Boonskiies wrote:If Lowell does end up flipping scum, might be worth looking into as a last resort bus/trying to derail it a little. TownLowell I'd probably start town reading Exp from that, though.

Funny that you think the wagon is crap, yet you put the assumption of him flipping scum BEFORE the assumption of him flipping town, and even build on it. Looks like lining up lynches to me.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:18 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 451, mhsmith0 wrote:1) would you be willing to policy lynch a dumb hammer?

Are you smart enough to realize that this is literally you right now?
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 399, Madonna wrote:If people are going to be so fervent in their idea that Lowell is scum, I would like a hammer to help us be clear where players want to stand.

So Madonna, do you actually have a fervent belief that Lowell is scum?
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Expedience »

Because "oh we should quickhammer this guy because other people are scumreading him" is absolutely terrible.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

@exp: you may well be right about things going overly fast. Otoh we sure do seem to be getting strong takes on the matter with it suddenly turning into crunch time.

Ps @mod: updated vote count please

PPS I may be a dumb hammer. But I'm not a dumb quick hammer (which is what I thought you were primarily getting at). 24 hours is plenty of time I think. Especially since I honestly believe in the lynch. I'm willing to take d2 heat for it if I'm wrong. My reasoning is explicit and I believe in it.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 455, Expedience wrote:Because "oh we should quickhammer this guy because other people are scumreading him" is absolutely terrible.

+1
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by Madonna »

To be clear, I do not care for this wagon, but if you guys are so convinced of your arguments, well, here is your chance to put your vote where your feelings are. L-1 is not just for pressuring the lynch candidate. I do not mind settling the wagon's read.
Make the right decision,
VOTE: Madonna
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 458, Madonna wrote:To be clear, I do not care for this wagon, but if you guys are so convinced of your arguments, well, here is your chance to put your vote where your feelings are. L-1 is not just for pressuring the lynch candidate. I do not mind settling the wagon's read.

"Fuck it I don't care who we lynch today"
Wow.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Now I'm REALLY glad I went along with exp's suggestion. With intent to hammer on the board, a quick hammer would I think be very telling.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 452, Almost50 wrote:
In post 418, Boonskiies wrote:If Lowell does end up flipping scum, might be worth looking into as a last resort bus/trying to derail it a little. TownLowell I'd probably start town reading Exp from that, though.

Funny that you think the wagon is crap, yet you put the assumption of him flipping scum BEFORE the assumption of him flipping town, and even build on it. Looks like lining up lynches to me.

I'm considering the possibilities? Do you want me to just wait her with a finger up my butt and not prepare for anything? If you actually read my stances on things, I am putting exp as town so your point is entirely moot. It's day fucking 1; it's fucking dumb to assume you are 100% correct all the time.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 450, Expedience wrote:You do realize that we have currently used 2.5 days out of the 14 that we have available?

I don't have strong feelings about Lowell being scum, in general I'm lost and really would like to use more of the time.

To be fair, we are a very active group, and I believe we've accomplished much more in these two days than most do in ten.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 437, knightmare wrote:@Garmr - just general stuff about the game. The stuff that happened today, etc.

I felt like 292 was the post you are looking for as that was me trying to get my head in the game and my thoughts onto the forums. If there is something specific you want me to address that I haven't I am ok doing that because that helps me get into your mind and you into mind so we get some understanding and make better judgement then sure I will.

But if you want me to talk find something random about today and talk about it I don't see the point. Since everything I think is important and/or alignment indicative will come up in conversation naturally anyway.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 458, Madonna wrote:To be clear, I do not care for this wagon

Are you townreading Lowell? I cannot think of any town reason why you would try to quickhammer a townread.

In post 458, Madonna wrote:you guys

You mean the town?
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by Madonna »

In post 459, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 458, Madonna wrote:To be clear, I do not care for this wagon, but if you guys are so convinced of your arguments, well, here is your chance to put your vote where your feelings are. L-1 is not just for pressuring the lynch candidate. I do not mind settling the wagon's read.

"Fuck it I don't care who we lynch today"
Wow.

This is not what was said.

People either need to keep voting Lowell or get off the wagon.

I do appreciate people waiting for his claim before lynching him, but I do not think he needs this pressure.
Make the right decision,
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by Madonna »

In post 464, Expedience wrote:

You mean the town?

lol
Make the right decision,
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 462, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 450, Expedience wrote:You do realize that we have currently used 2.5 days out of the 14 that we have available?

To be fair, we are a very active group, and I believe we've accomplished much more in these two days than most do in ten.

I can think of one relevant comparison where you're correct :lol:
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 464, Expedience wrote:VOTE: Madonna

In post 458, Madonna wrote:To be clear, I do not care for this wagon

Are you townreading Lowell? I cannot think of any town reason why you would try to quickhammer a townread.

You mean the town?

Sick, I knew I liked you.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 465, Madonna wrote:
I do appreciate people waiting for his claim before lynching him, but I do not think he needs this pressure.

So you don't want him pressured but you're fine with him dead? I... I don't even know where to start engaging this logic. :facepalm:
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by knightmare »

@Expedience - having 14 days for DL doesn't mean that you need to use all of them. This is the only site I have ever played at where phases are this long. I am used to 72h Days at the longest with some games as short as 48/24 complete phases. 14 days is the ridiculous measure. We have generated a lot of content - what do you need to continue twiddling our thumbs for? The only concrete information we gain is through alignment reveals anyway.

@Boon - I still want to lynch Lowell because I still don't believe he is town and I don't think I can effectively clear him through his play either. I'm not going to spook myself off the wagon because Madonna is being sketchy around it. If anything they are just outing themselves more.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 179, Madonna wrote:
In post 172, knightmare wrote:I can understand tunneling, Sayana. I don't think that's the case here.

My point is that I think Lowell is
twisting things to make me look scummy
and that his perspective is not genuine.

Again, look at post again I think it's pretty obvious he is not being objective.

I am quoting you, knightmare, but I think others have expressed this sentiment about Lowell as well, and this needs addressing. is a great post. and are great follow-ups. There is nothing indicative of a scum mindset in these posts. is a little eh, but I agree that because of knightmare's play, it is plenty fine.

In terms of content to action ratios, Lowell is doing a whole lot better than most. His reasoning has been simple and clean, and I like that.

It looks like you're townreading him here.

If you already think he's town, what is there to learn from his lynch?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 454, Expedience wrote:
In post 399, Madonna wrote:If people are going to be so fervent in their idea that Lowell is scum, I would like a hammer to help us be clear where players want to stand.

So Madonna, do you actually have a fervent belief that Lowell is scum?

Will agree here we have plenty of time so there's no need for town to compromise lynch in this situation. There's been plenty of people expressing there interest to scum read lowell as well.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I agree with knight. Longer posts do nothing but help scum due to being able to put more potential WIFOM and setup more confusion. We've had a good amount for a day 1. Theoretically speaking, at this rate if we took all 14 days, we'd have 140 pages for day 1. That is just not needed.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

It's why I quick hammer on early days.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”