Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 73, mhsmith0 wrote:Non-serious vote to put knight at L-2 because... ?

Check Sakura's reaction. :good:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 60, knightmare wrote:
In post 58, texcat wrote:Yep. Good enough for a first vote. Not good enough for Knight to have to defend. Plus Knight's defense stinks. For reactions, really?

Sakura's reason was because I sheeped an RVS vote. You agree that's scummy?

Also, seriously - why the fuck else would I sheep an RVS vote that was clearly going nowhere while blatantly saying I was shamelessly sheeping it if not for reactions?

JFC you guys lack critical thinking skills.

I had a different understanding of the reason for Sakura's vote. I don't believe that it was just for sheeping.

I didn't say that it was scummy, I said that it was good enough for a first vote, while at the same time not good enough to bother defending against. It certainly
might
be scummy, but your continued poor defense
does
look scummy.
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by knightmare »

Firstly - I would ask why didn't you say this from the get go? It wouldn't have made your vote look as bad as it did initially otherwise.

Secondly - I can tell by reading this that you are working under the assumption that I think I've caught Sakura as scum? That's not the case at all. So with that in mind - let me address your points now.

In post 50, Sayaka Maizono wrote:OK.

Your reaction towards Sakura was really bad. I feel you aren't considering the motivations behind her posts and instead are just posturing here. As a few examples: what is the purpose in calling a post on page like 2 "reaching"?
Who do you think is more likely to "reach" on page 2
, scum who wants to blend in and avoid tipping anyone off; or town who starts with the game with no information and thus wants to push around to get reactions? Both of which are things you said in this thread btw so I know you're aware of this. I think you saw her pushing you and got worried that it would gain traction, and overreacted.

Moreover for someone who acts like they caught scum straight out of RVS phase you haven't so much as voted her and instead keep your vote on the RVS wagon you joined? If you were going for reactions here you should have voted her. I think what you did is more like scum testing the waters to see if their push would be well received before wanting to commit to it, than town who is believing of what they're saying.

Your entire angle contradicts itself tbh, and it's for this reason I'm voting you.

I can react badly to something and still be townie, first and foremost.

Sakura's reason for voting me was crap, and I addressed it as much. You are assuming, again, that I didn't consider their motive. I wondered if perhaps they were just pushing a bad case to see how I'd react, but later she apparently doubled down on it when I pushed her to explain more. So I doubt that was what she was doing.

I called her post reaching because that's what it was. It being on page 2 is irrelevant. A reach is a reach, and her trying to say I could be scum sheeping a partner in Smith is a gigantic leap in logic for that stage of the game. The bold is something I would agree with in a generic sense, but I see what you're getting at. That said, at the point we were in the game either alignment is going to have to 'reach' to make any sort of case.

Once again, you are working under the assumption that I am scum reading Sakura outright - which isn't the case. If it was, I would've stated explicitly and I would be voting here. You'll find that I'm a pretty straight shooter and I say what I mean. I rebutted her case because it sucked, but I'm also very aware that bad cases don't always equal scum and I would need more time to gauge how she progresses elsewhere. Townies tend to trend up, scum tend to trend down in my experience.

In post 34, knightmare wrote:"Refuse to believe" ? That's a rather hard line to take so early in the game when your reasons for me being scum aren't that good in the first place. Not sure if you're scum or just extremely subjective in your scum hunting, but either way it's not a good look.

This is a kind of thing I think scum are more likely to say than town because all it is a bullshit neutral sounding comment that's designed to look good and posture. If you were town and you were actually unsure out of her posts what is the point in throwing that "it's not a good look on the end" if not to throw shade at her? And if you were town and thought she was more likely to be scum, you would have said as much instead of acting unsure about it (which again points to being afraid to commit to it).

I said it's not a good look for her because it's not a good look. Plain and simple.

For me, from my POV, I now have to try and evaluate Sakura while ignoring the bias that she is calling me scum for a shit reason if I want to remain objective. So yes, it does look bad for her imo and makes it harder for me to judge her clearly in this regard. If you want to call it posturing, fine, but I don't need to have a 100% read on a slot at this point. I can also challenge something someone says without scum reading them.

In post 34, knightmare wrote:2) I did want to generate discussion/reactions, and it's worked. You bit and now others can weigh in on our interactions.

"You bit and now others can weigh in on our interactions"? Plzzzz.
[/quote]

I think you guys are taking this in the wrong way. When I said 'bit' I meant that she reacted to it. Not 'bit' as in I've caught scum who stumbled into my trap. Lol that's ridiculous

I didn't mean it in a negative context, which is apparently how you are interpreting it.
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by knightmare »

In post 76, texcat wrote:
I had a different understanding of the reason for Sakura's vote. I don't believe that it was just for sheeping.

I didn't say that it was scummy, I said that it was good enough for a first vote, while at the same time not good enough to bother defending against. It certainly
might
be scummy, but your continued poor defense
does
look scummy.

How can you agree if you don't know what the original reason was?
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by knightmare »

In post 64, Sakura Hana wrote:
All of these were perfectly fine for sheeping, yet you didn't you only did so later.

2) I "bit"? That's funny since i could've completely ignored your vote, instead i engaged you on it by asking you a question, something that can't actually be ignored.

Bold - Again,
so what
? I thought Smith's vote was funny so I picked that one. You're seriously making a mountain from a molehill.

2) I addressed this previously, but yeah... you're taking that the wrong way. I didn't mean that negatively, just that you reacted to it generally. Which you did.

In post 71, Almost50 wrote:
In post 47, chilledtea wrote:VOTE: Sayaka Maizono
Early town points for chilled

I thought this was good as well.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 23, Sakura Hana wrote:VOTE: knightmare
Why RVS twice?

The expressed reason was not for sheeping. I can read.
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by knightmare »

lol

Two RVS votes?

Must be scum.

:facepalm:
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Enough of knightmare to get an initial town lean on him. Sayaka though could use some pressure to get them talking.

VOTE: Sayaka

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Preliminary town leans: chilled, Garmr & knight. Everyone else is more or less in the null zone.

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Lowell »

In post 61, knightmare wrote:
In post 57, Lowell wrote:Oh hey knight is scum. Good find, whoever started this. Early wagons rule. BLOOD!

VOTE: knight

Stats say at least one of the people on my wagon by now is scum.

Is it you?

VOTE: Lowell

More seriously - did you actually read anything or are you just parroting off of someone you can't even readily recall after 2 pages of reading?

Eh, basically the second thing.

No but really, this guy is scum. I'm a gut player, and my gut is always* right about these things. The entirety of his ISO is him getting madder and madder while trying to look calm and collected. Even the latest few "let me put together a ponderous, methodical case on some rube to look like I'm helping" reeks of scum.

Again, not sure how, or why, this wagon started. But don't care. Go with me on this, sheeple. He doesn't like being caught for something so stupid, but hey it's fun for the rest of us.

* not always
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by Lowell »

Also all these ppl who aren't knight but are getting unreasonably worked up about knight's impeding lynch: what's up with you people. Relax, kill, repeat.
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by Madonna »

Until I am caught up, no votes from me. But I will assume four pages means we are out of RVS and into the fun times.

I am sort of aware that there was some sort of disagreement between knightmare and one of the S people, and I hope that bore a lot of fruit. We L-1 anyone out of that? You can spoil me if you please, but I can read. Cheers.
Make the right decision,
VOTE: Madonna
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 84, Lowell wrote:I'm a gut player, and my gut is always* right about these things.

I am a gut player too, and my gut currently disagrees with the speed of the wagon considering when my gut is right the person i want to lynch is almost impossible to lynch.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Madonna »

By the end of page 2, I liked the knightmare wagon, but what is this?
In post 39, Sakura Hana wrote:All these people sheeping me are giving me the chills however...

Why do you state worry about sheeps instead challenging them? Why not be happy with their votes unless you think knightmare is a mislynch?

Will get through the next two pages to see whatever other nonsense people are peddling.

pedit: is the site being really slow for anyone else? I have been trying to post for, like, five minutes and no dice.
Make the right decision,
VOTE: Madonna
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Lowell »

Well I would argue that knight is impossible to lynch, because as soon as the votes got serious many folks, including you, mysteriously got cold feet.

So you see we have a bit of a catch-22 here. Which hurts my brain. Let's do less thinking and more playing with our hearts... and guts.... kill knight.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:54 pm

Post by Lowell »

89 was in response to 87, punked by 88.

But also I agree with 88, so it can stay.
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by knightmare »

In post 84, Lowell wrote:Eh, basically the second thing.

No but really, this guy is scum. I'm a gut player, and my gut is always* right about these things.
The entirety of his ISO is him getting madder and madder while trying to look calm and collected.
Even the latest few "let me put together a ponderous, methodical case on some rube to look like I'm helping" reeks of scum.

Again, not sure how, or why, this wagon started. But don't care. Go with me on this, sheeple. He doesn't like being caught for something so stupid, but hey it's fun for the rest of us.

* not always

This post sounds like a bunch of narrative spin to push me as scum. The bold and italics parts are especially bad, nothing objective there - just an attempt to smear me regardless.

You're acting as if there's never a world where town!Knightmare gets annoyed for being sussed and wagoned for stupid reasons.
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by knightmare »

In post 89, Lowell wrote:Well I would argue that knight is impossible to lynch, because as soon as the votes got serious many folks, including you, mysteriously got cold feet.

So you see we have a bit of a catch-22 here. Which hurts my brain. Let's do less thinking and more playing with our hearts... and guts.... kill knight.

It's pretty obvious why people second guess themselves when you plop scummy ass votes on my wagon in the manner you did.

You're claiming a lot of ignorance regarding the events of the thread considering how hard you want to lynch me. So instead of acting like opportunistic scum who thinks they've found low hanging fruit - you reread and bring something original to the table?
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by knightmare »

In post 82, Almost50 wrote:Enough of knightmare to get an initial town lean on him. Sayaka though could use some pressure to get them talking.

Can you explain more please?

In post 83, Almost50 wrote:Preliminary town leans: chilled, Garmr & knight. Everyone else is more or less in the null zone.

I don't necessarily disagree with you on those two. Garmr seems to be looking at things objectively but he also strikes me as a strong player generally so I would say my town lean there is cautiously light. I liked chilled's reaction to Sayaka's naked vote earlier, I had similar thoughts to what I'm assuming he did in that instance.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 69, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 67, Garmr wrote:also what's your thoughts on lowell?

His OMGUS vote was the first thign that caught my attention, but also was accompanied by a defiant tone, thought it was townie back then. Haven't looked at all the votes on the wagon so far, it's just that suddenly sayaka and boon voted in succession and gave me a chill. Probably my gut trying to tell me something.
I still dont think Knight's very townie, but if he is the people that blindly sheeped me would be the first ppl i would look at... I usually have trouble convincing ppl of my reads since they come from gut most of the time, and ppl just blindly sheeping me gives me a bad feeling.

rarely stick and the wagons always seem to fail. I wouldn't be surprised if he got confidence from that. Besides judging from his actions his not going to lurk this game unlike a previous game. Nothing he has done this game rings town to me. The only post of his I actually like is this.

In post 89, Lowell wrote:Well I would argue that knight is impossible to lynch, because as soon as the votes got serious many folks, including you, mysteriously got cold feet.

But I wouldn't expect him to push this logic since the last game we had just ended recently and this logic I focused on ari who was town which was a factor as to why we lost the game that and johnny sucks at cop.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 93, knightmare wrote:
In post 82, Almost50 wrote:Enough of knightmare to get an initial town lean on him. Sayaka though could use some pressure to get them talking.

Can you explain more please?

In post 83, Almost50 wrote:Preliminary town leans: chilled, Garmr & knight. Everyone else is more or less in the null zone.

I don't necessarily disagree with you on those two
. Garmr seems to be looking at things objectively but he also strikes me as a strong player generally so I would say my town lean there is cautiously light.
I liked chilled's reaction to Sayaka's naked vote earlier, I had similar thoughts to what I'm assuming he did in that instance.

Well shucks I will take that as a compliment :oops:
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by knightmare »

In post 80, texcat wrote:
In post 23, Sakura Hana wrote:VOTE: knightmare
Why RVS twice?

The expressed reason was not for sheeping. I can read.

You're right actually, and apparently I have been working off a misunderstanding this entire time. I thought Sakura was sussing me for sheeping an RVS vote, when I guess originally it was because I made a second one? LOL... still, both are terrible reasons to be scum reading me and I stand by that. Saying I am defensive for arguing how these are bad is also a terrible reason to be scum reading me.

I get that it's D1 and players tend to leap on the first person who moves, but when I'm getting pushed for bad crap like this what happens is that it opens up the door for
actual scum
(hint hint: Lowell) to start pushing me for it as well.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:19 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 88, Madonna wrote:unless you think knightmare is a mislynch?

Yeah, that was about it. I've explained it afterwards as "i rarely get sheeped this easily and it's usually impossible to get my suspects lynched" (usually not even past my own vote).
Hence why i said it was giving me the chills, a.k.a i had a bad feeling about it.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:19 pm