curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:07 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Sonicpulsar wrote:
Sonicpulsar wrote:CKD, BM, quit bickering like school children. It's not good for the game.
I think it is great for the game..care to comment on it either way? You think we are both town?..you think we are distancing?...you one of us is scummy?

what about chronx's vote?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:08 am

Post by distad »

ckd wrote: distad, will your vote follow soon since chronx and I are distancing or was that just fluff talk?
I already said that I brought it up just as the WIFOM side of your argument.

Still, I have to admit that I'm intrigued by ChronX's theory. I hate lynching a claimed townie, but if we end up tomorrow in lylo with two suspicious people as claimed townies, we would really be in trouble.
BM wrote: @Chronx-i see your point-we are actually in a precarious position. Its hard to see 3 scum though, in a game with only 2/3 power roles and 10 total players. Even so, i dont think killing a mason today is atall wise. If we havent hit scum by tomorrow, we should look at them very hard. As far as i can see, we can narrow down the group to a few potential scumbags, so in theory, we should be able to pull this off, even at LyLo if necessary.
But there were 12 players originally... 2 scum in 12 seems very light.

The part that I'm having trouble shaking, though, CKD, is that I've been touting your claiming mason on D1 as illogical as scum because it would be opening you up to more scrutiny. But, with the "if BM comes back town, lynch me" play, there is a lot more doubt. Surely, if we do lynch BM and he comes back town, you'll say "but don't lynch me, because I'm town and it's lylo." You'd have to.

Maybe this really has been a play from the get-go. Suppose you are scum and it has been a huge gambit. You anticipated our not lynching you yesterday. We had a lynch going, then PiGG comes out of nowhere. Thinking on your feet, you claim mason. It's close to deadline; we'll put it on the shelf until the next day. Then today, you figure we'll look elsewhere for the lynch, but when someone comes at you, you turn it into a "lynch him and then lynch me tomorrow if I'm wrong".

Then, what if BM comes back scum? Do we just blindly trust that you're not scum? Maybe that's the biggest gambit of all! You guys set up a situation where the two masons bus the third guy to gain infinite trust and then you waltz to victory.

Guh.

If we lynch one of you, and you are telling the truth, the scum will likely NK the other, and then we lose the benefit of having one of you officially confirmed. Granted, the cop (if we have one) would get an additional night to search, but it really would not be worth it.

We've got just under 2 days. I'll think about this some more tonight and I'll be back in the morning.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:12 am

Post by ChronX »

curiouskarmadog wrote:lol, back to lynch the masons are we?

what happened to that top three list of yours? I guess they really werent that suspicious to you after all?...oh and look, he even includes a "even if we mislynch the masons it will still be ok" plea in his post...you dont even have a real case against me.

look how quickly he abondons his "top three" and omgus votes when I start mentioning his lynch and I call out his next move which was going to be "lets lynch who is at the top of our lists"

yeah, I think you are scum with BM and probably distad too.

unvote
vote chronx

distad, will your vote follow soon since chronx and I are distancing or was that just fluff talk?
Hey stupid. Your post went up at 4:52, and mine was posted at 5:00 (my time, the point is, 8 minutes apart). Do you honestly think I had time to read your post, decide to construct an elaborate long plan involving lynching you JUST for OMGUS suck reasons, and type out that whole post in 8 minutes?

Also, I don't have a top 3. HeH asked for people to say what 2 they would most likely think were scum. My post: "I'm on Gorgon". We can't settle the issue of Gorgon's scumminess without putting him near lynch. He HAS done some scummy things, and hasn't really answered for them.

The other part of my alleged top 3 isn't 2 people, its 1. I am actually fairly certain that EITHER Heh OR SP is a scum. Not both, as I have been clear about. I can't figure out how to read the interaction, but I am convinced that one is scum, one isn't, and both know the alignment of the other.

I am not entirely convinced of the scumminess of you and D-II, but it seems as likely as Gorgon and unknown party, or 2 unknown parties.

Here is my official ranking of the remaining 8 people who aren't me in order of how likely I think it is that they are scum.

1. EITHER HeH OR SP (not both)
2+3. CKD and Pigg/D-II
4. Gorogon
5. Atticus (there is a significant drop here, but his "oh I'm so busy BS is anti-town in effect, but not necessarily because he is scum. i just think you need to PLAY if you are going to replace into a spot already vacated once).
6. BM
7. Distad. I haven't seen anything except scum hunting from him, even when he was posting while inebriated.
8. EITHER Heh or SP. Whichever one turns out to be not scum among them, goes here. Still can't figure it out.

If I had to name the 3 scum for 1 million nachos, I would pick CKD, Pigg/D-II and have angst trying to decide between HeH and SP (actually, I'm being coy, I am 75% one way on that).
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:19 am

Post by Gorgon »

ChronX, what the heck are you doing? You want to put one of the claimed masons at L-1 for ... what? So a cop can possibly come forward and say he has an innocent on the guy? That's assuming a lot. That's assuming there is a cop, and assuming that he has investigated the guy. Also, did you forget the part where one of the claimed masons could be a godfather, a theory
you yourself
voiced first? And what happens if no cop steps forth, eh? We " see what else happens"? Such as what? A quickhammer maybe? Because that would be just greaaaat if ckd is in fact the mason he claims to be, right?

If you want to lynch the guy, say so. But don't put it forth as some sort of test that could possibly out the cop for no reason. We've had enough of that today.

Also, BM ...
Battle Mage wrote:As far as i recall, i made
1 post
stating the simple fact that, if we dont hit scum today, we should certainly be looking in the direction of the masons.
Wrong. Very wrong.

Your post 64 (directed at ckd):
Battle Mage wrote:I dont 'know' you are a mason. Frankly i think we may have to lynch you at some point, simply to test your claim. If you are becoming a deliberate detriment to the town, it might be better to do this sooner rather than later, if only so we can concentrate tomorrow.
Your post 79:
Battle Mage wrote:We pretty much have to lynch CKD or Pigg tomorrow if neither are dead, and my threat was to some extent honest, though of course it was really meant as a warning.
Mind you, I think ckd's "Lynch BM, then me if he's town" is ludicrous ... there's way too much silliness going on here all round. I must say distad brings up an interesting theory ... ckd busses BM, and clears himself completely. I do find the way ckd's been going against BM so doggedly suspicious.

Things are getting a way too hairy this close to the deadline ...
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:22 am

ChronX wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:lol, back to lynch the masons are we?

what happened to that top three list of yours? I guess they really werent that suspicious to you after all?...oh and look, he even includes a "even if we mislynch the masons it will still be ok" plea in his post...you dont even have a real case against me.

look how quickly he abondons his "top three" and omgus votes when I start mentioning his lynch and I call out his next move which was going to be "lets lynch who is at the top of our lists"

yeah, I think you are scum with BM and probably distad too.

unvote
vote chronx

distad, will your vote follow soon since chronx and I are distancing or was that just fluff talk?
Hey stupid. Your post went up at 4:52, and mine was posted at 5:00 (my time, the point is, 8 minutes apart). Do you honestly think I had time to read your post, decide to construct an elaborate long plan involving lynching you JUST for OMGUS suck reasons, and type out that whole post in 8 minutes?
thanks for the name calling..check out post 604 at 3:44..your omgus vote came an hour later..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by ChronX »

You think I would OMGUS over THAT? and it was 15 minutes earlier, if you had bothered to compare the time. I was responding to your post of 6 minutes before THAT, in which you asked why I didn't like the play of lynching BM and then lynching you tomorrow when (WHEN!) BM turns up town. I sketched it all out, and I realized what I didn't like about it.

Also, I've never called BM scummy. I have challenged some of his notions, and I have pointed out some "scumtells", but I also went off on a rant of what I think of scumtells, like changing one's mind or tunneling...I've seen both cited as scumtells. I see scumtells when someone rides to the rescue of a near lynched candidate. I see scumtells when someone advocates a demonstrably ANTI-TOWN play, like "lynch A. I'm sure he's scum, but if he's not, lynch me tomorrow, I'm town."

BM: rolls crazy.
CKD: scummy
Effectively done with MS
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by ChronX »

Gorgon, read Distad's post if you don't understand my logic. We CANNOT go to lyLo with the mason question unanswered. The mason question IS unanswered. I have doubted it from the beginning, because of the incredible WIFOM it puts us in (if the claim is legit, the mafia don't kill them and cast aspersions). The better play in the long view would be to let the mason die, and claim at the start of day 2. It sets up the WIFOM of a counter claim, but the true mason would then know the truth. The town then lynches one of the 2 claimers, and either gets them a scum or knows EXACTLY who to lynch the next day. Capische? CKD's way put us with WIFOM inside WIFOM.

The "I'm PMing the mod" play was pretty slick, and caused me to waver in my feeling about the claim (see my post *rethinking whole game*). Up until THEN, I was certain it was a fake claim. CKD has overplayed his hand, and now I'm back to certainly doubting.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by ChronX »

I think we should ask Theo for a deadline extension. Even ignoring this new discussion, there is no consensus among us for what else to do. No lynch isn't a mathematically viable option...it would open tomorrow at 5-3, if we mislynch we are down to 4-3 and still assuming unopposed nightkills, the nightkill puts us to 3-3 and lose. The mafia isn't going to do us the favor of solving the WIFOM puzzle which is the claimed masons.

REQUEST: DEADLINE EXTENSION
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Yeah ChronX, I get your point ... I just didn't like the part about the cop coming forth. A cop shouldn't come forth unless he has a guilty at this point, as I've said. If he has two innocents, it just tells us that those two players are not both scum, since one of them could be a GF, as has been discussed. Not enough info to risk losing the cop for, IMO.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by d3sisted »

ChronX, we can do without the ad hominem. And if the best lead you have had this entire game is on the claimed masons, then we seriously need to relook your play. Not only are you expecting a miracle from the cop, you want him outed just to prove our innocence?

The only reason mafia is keeping us alive is because they're banking on people like you to sucker into the WIFOM idea that CKD's claiming brought about. As soon as you lynch one of us, the other becomes a major threat to mafia as a confirmed townie. So what makes you think we won't lose him too overnight? Then what do we have left? Because you insist on contemplating our claims, we've gotten zilch in scum-hunting discussion. We are essentially forced back to the very beginning of the game page 1, only with 5 less town (including doc and 2 masons), with 3 scum at large. Great play.

If you want to lynch us for being scummy, that's fine. But if your lynch is based solely upon the fact that we claimed mason, then seriously.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:57 am

ChronX wrote:You think I would OMGUS over THAT? and it was 15 minutes earlier, if you had bothered to compare the time. I was responding to your post of 6 minutes before THAT, in which you asked why I didn't like the play of lynching BM and then lynching you tomorrow when (WHEN!) BM turns up town. I sketched it all out, and I realized what I didn't like about it.

Also, I've never called BM scummy. I have challenged some of his notions, and I have pointed out some "scumtells", but I also went off on a rant of what I think of scumtells, like changing one's mind or tunneling...I've seen both cited as scumtells. I see scumtells when someone rides to the rescue of a near lynched candidate. I see scumtells when someone advocates a demonstrably ANTI-TOWN play, like "lynch A. I'm sure he's scum, but if he's not, lynch me tomorrow, I'm town."

your vote went up at 5:00 as you said..mine went up at 3:44..15 minutes huh?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:59 am

ChronX wrote:I think we should ask Theo for a deadline extension. Even ignoring this new discussion, there is no consensus among us for what else to do. No lynch isn't a mathematically viable option...it would open tomorrow at 5-3, if we mislynch we are down to 4-3 and still assuming unopposed nightkills, the nightkill puts us to 3-3 and lose. The mafia isn't going to do us the favor of solving the WIFOM puzzle which is the claimed masons.

this is called speed mafia chronx

Request the deadline stay as is

you got a problem with that..push my lynch somemore scum
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:11 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Deadline remains the same. Friday 9.00PM UK Time about 31 hours from now
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:13 am

d3sisted wrote:
The only reason mafia is keeping us alive is because they're banking on people like you to sucker into the WIFOM idea that CKD's claiming brought about. As soon as you lynch one of us, the other becomes a major threat to mafia as a confirmed townie. So what makes you think we won't lose him too overnight? Then what do we have left? Because you insist on contemplating our claims, we've gotten zilch in scum-hunting discussion. We are essentially forced back to the very beginning of the game page 1, only with 5 less town (including doc and 2 masons), with 3 scum at large. Great play.

If you want to lynch us for being scummy, that's fine. But if your lynch is based solely upon the fact that we claimed mason, then seriously.
why do you think I did the wifom comment right after I claimed..so the mafia would jump all over it and maybe keep us alive. town, the mason (roles) are the only thing that is keeping this game balanced you have to see that in this speed game. Bm and chronx are pushing to lynch or trying to discredit the only advantage the town has here and I am not sure why you dont see it...BM has been threatening me all day to get off his back..and chronx is so full of OMGUS that it is brimming over..review chronx's play..review his play, review his vote, he is trying to get his vote to catch a bandwagon...Yesterday, he was on the Pigg bandwagon, then tried to discredit the mason claim..Today alone he has voted HeH, then Gorgon..then this post.
ChronX wrote:I'm on Gorgon.

I remain convinced there is ONE scum between HeH and Sonicpulsar, but too close to call which.
now it is on me..he is just trying to see what the town will buy. This guy is working against the town!

If you are going to lynch one of us (masons), do it today...but know that the other will be night killed and you will be in lylo...if you do this..please go after chronx or BM tomorrow.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:53 am

Post by ChronX »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
ChronX wrote:You think I would OMGUS over THAT? and it was 15 minutes earlier, if you had bothered to compare the time. I was responding to your post of 6 minutes before THAT, in which you asked why I didn't like the play of lynching BM and then lynching you tomorrow when (WHEN!) BM turns up town. I sketched it all out, and I realized what I didn't like about it.

your vote went up at 5:00 as you said..mine went up at 3:44..15 minutes huh?
CKD, stop lying. It doesn't matter what specific time you have your settings set to...if your post went up at 3:44, mine went up at 4:00. They were posted 16 minutes apart. With my browser setting, it is labelled 4:44 and 5:00. Stop trying to push your OMGUS case with a lie.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:56 am

Post by ChronX »

CKD, was the d3sisted-I bandwagon scummy?
Effectively done with MS
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
ChronX wrote:I think we should ask Theo for a deadline extension. Even ignoring this new discussion, there is no consensus among us for what else to do. No lynch isn't a mathematically viable option...it would open tomorrow at 5-3, if we mislynch we are down to 4-3 and still assuming unopposed nightkills, the nightkill puts us to 3-3 and lose. The mafia isn't going to do us the favor of solving the WIFOM puzzle which is the claimed masons.

this is called speed mafia chronx

Request the deadline stay as is

you got a problem with that..push my lynch somemore scum
A thought which came to me last night, which concerns me greatly is the possibility of CKD-Desisted-Gorgon scumtrio. It would make the mason claim more viable, and would explain CKD's behaviour today-trying desperately to derail a lynch on Gorgon, even if it means sacrificing himself to do it.

oh and unfortunately our discussion may be cut short due to the deadline.

Confirm Vote: Gorgon

However, i will analyse Atticus before the day ends.
Theo
-if its not too inconvenient for you, could i please request a 90 minute deadline extension?
this will allow me to post when i get in from college, before we go to night.

thanks a ton in advance :)

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:09 am

Post 604 3:44 I call you scummy
Post 609: 3:52 I say I would lynch you today no problem
Post 614: 4:00 you vote me..

So yeah, I guess it was 15 minutes….what made you vote for me then, after you suspected 3 other people?…could it be that I said I would have no problem lynching you?
ChronX wrote:CKD, was the d3sisted-I bandwagon scummy?
Could be taken that way, but why would you need to be on it when your scum buddies were on it?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:14 am

fine lynch me then..I am tired of Chronx and BM's crap...if this town believes it then it deserves to lose...I think the only way to prove that Chronx and BM's scumminess is to know that I was speaking the truth..

lynch me..I dare you..come on BM, add your vote on...

what is your next plan BM when Gorgon comes up town?...we will be at lylo, you going to push for the mason lynch then?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:19 am

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:fine lynch me then..I am tired of Chronx and BM's crap...if this town believes it then it deserves to lose...I think the only way to prove that Chronx and BM's scumminess is to know that I was speaking the truth..

what is your next plan BM when Gorgon comes up town?...we will be at lylo, you going to push for the mason lynch then?
this post supports the theory i posted above. It also supports the theory that you are an idiot who we should put on ignore-mode. :p

I'm going to tell you the score one last time. I DO NOT NECESSARILY THINK YOU ARE SCUM. YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT THE PLAY FOR TODAY.

Understand? :x

Now grow up, and try and do the town a favour here. Either add your vote to a Gorgon wagon, or be quiet. Tomorrow you can continue trying to lynch me if you haven't sobered up by then. :roll:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:19 am

Post by ChronX »

CKD, I have explained that the reason I voted is that when you asked why I was opposed to a BM lynch today and your self-sacrifice tomorrow, I gamed out the outcome of that and realized that if we mislynch BM today, we are at LyLo tomorrow. Therefor, a townie offer to selflessly be lynched in punishment for leading a mislynch today is an anti-town move. Then I thought back to my initial skepticism about your mason claim, and your play today, and I have decided that I was correct to doubt your mason claim.

Boss calling, I have more to post.
Effectively done with MS
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Chronx, when you get back, you should vote for Gorgon. A No-Lynch today would be the epitomy of s**t.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:30 am

Battle Mage wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:fine lynch me then..I am tired of Chronx and BM's crap...if this town believes it then it deserves to lose...I think the only way to prove that Chronx and BM's scumminess is to know that I was speaking the truth..

this post supports the theory i posted above. It also supports the theory that you are an idiot who we should put on ignore-mode. :p

I'm going to tell you the score one last time. I DO NOT NECESSARILY THINK YOU ARE SCUM. YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT THE PLAY FOR TODAY.

Understand? :x

Now grow up, and try and do the town a favour here. Either add your vote to a Gorgon wagon, or be quiet. Tomorrow you can continue trying to lynch me if you haven't sobered up by then. :roll:

BM
keep calling me names BM

of course you dont want me lynched today...because if you push a case at lylo to lynch a mason and I come out town, you wont be found guilty because you won.

no, I would rather be lynched today, to prove that you and chronx are scum than be put under suspicion when we are at lylo..lynch me now...if you truly believe the gorgon/d3sisted/ckd scum group, hitting me today would be just as helpful to the town, right? Even better, because you would know who would need lynching tomorrow (d3sisted)...I am calling you out...vote me now...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i would like to see everyone participating at this point-preferably with BW votes on Gorgon. :p
Show

Nightkilled - 10

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:52 am

ignore away, but I am right..

you would rather the town lynch masons at lylo than now....answer this, why am I not the play today? why do you want to wait till we are at lylo?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”