Mini #509: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Game Over!

jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:18 pm

Post by jmar »

Hello all... looking forward to kicking some Ranger ass.
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:19 am

Post by jmar »

Cogito Ergo Scum is worried about scum tells. Even if he is only joking.

Vote Cogito Ergo Scum
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:24 am

Post by jmar »

Yeah its mostly random. I didn't mean much by it- I know he's joking but I felt like tossin in a random vote.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by jmar »

Wow, some bad blood here?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by jmar »

Yeah? Well your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:31 am

Post by jmar »

Ehh... I don't think it's anything. Not enough for me to vote him yet anyway.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by jmar »

I don't think anyone actually wants a lynch right now. It's just a bandwagon.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:56 am

Post by jmar »

Well damnit. I guess we're a sucky town then if we can't even lynch someone on the first page :(
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by jmar »

We're four pages in and we've gotten nowhere. I for one am not happy with a random lynch- in my opinion it shouldn't even be up for discussion.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:09 am

Post by jmar »

Or perhaps more than one mafia team?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:40 am

Post by jmar »

How does that mean he's scum though? Looks to me like he just missed the opening where the mod posted that the townies were Putty Patrollers.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:31 am

Post by jmar »

It's not true, the mod posted the townie PM in the opening in which Putty Patrollers were described. So we know multiple people (vanilla townies) are Putty Patrollers.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:50 pm

Post by jmar »

Care to elaborate why you find that scummy? Because it seems hypothetical to me. I understand your points guys but i think it's a bit of a leap to say Peers just power claimed.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by jmar »

Good call- I wasn't thinking of it that way.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:16 am

Post by jmar »

That's an interesting accusation coming from someone who's barely posted at all yet. You just made 4 posts that could have easily been one, and you had one before that which didn't say anything. But the reason I haven't said too much is because nothings really happened so far. The first 3 pages are discussions about random lynchings and people being pissed off at each other, then there was the whole power claim which I also offered my thoughts on. But there's not much to go on yet, so far I have no idea who could be scum. You say stop with the speculation on the setup, yet you offer no alternative? What would you have us discuss?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:45 am

Post by jmar »

I agree with Mirth- Peers, if that's what you meant by that statement, why didn't you say that in the first place?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by jmar »

Blight- I don't really have any explanation for that, I just didn't understand it when I first read it- I thought it could have been hypothetical, but I didn't read it closely enough until he explained it,
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:21 am

Post by jmar »

I've already defended myself against PlaysWithSquirrels' accusations. If you still wanna bandwagon me I've got no problem with it. But I'm gonna
unvote, vote: PlaysWithSquirrels
, because A, he seems like a jackass, and B, he's really pushing for a lynch when he has very little to go on. Plus he showed up around the 5th page and accused me of lurking. So, yeah.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:26 am

Post by jmar »

Fair enough, here's mine.

1. PlaysWithSquirrels- I explained my reasons in my last post, but basically because he's calling for my head without anything to go on.
2. Peers- He definitely backtracked on the whole power role thing.
3. Unright- I don't really find him all that scummy, but the fact that we know he's not a vanilla townie shoots him pretty high up the list.

Can somebody explain to me why originality's last move was so scummy? I'm not following you guys on this one. Seems minor at best to me.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by jmar »

I'm a bit behind on my reading and busy with mid-terms and stuff, I should have a post summarizing my thoughts tomorrow, although I did post my top 3, that's where my thoughts still are right now since I haven't read the next couple of pages closely yet.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by jmar »

Hey all.

Got caught up on my reading. I definitely think that Flameaxe is being a complete jerk and isn't really helping us catch scum, "playstyle" be damned. But overall I don't get a scum vibe from him.

This, however, set off alarm bells in my head...
Peers wrote:
Either you're scum, or you're a poor town player who distracts the rest of us from finding scum. Either way, you need to go.
As much as it pains me to, I agree with UA and Flameaxe on this one Peers. It's never OK to lynch a townie, no matter how obnoxious they are. You were already on my list- even though you claimed you didn't backtrack (rereading, I somewhat see what you're saying, it still felt like it to me though). Even with that out the window you're up on the list anyway because you're a claimed power role. PlaysWithSquirrels seems to have disappeared, Unright's been quiet but townish lately (though I'm still suspicious of the power role), but you've really gone and tripped my scumdar. I'm ready to vote you, but I guess I'll give you a chance to say something to change my mind.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by jmar »

Peers wrote: Unless, of course, nobody received that PM because nobody is a vanilla townie. It'd be a little high-powered for a small game, but this -is- Power Rangers...
Peers wrote: *shrug* I'm town. Specificly, a Putty. Some of you will believe that, some of you won't, you'll find out in two more votes I guess.
Contradict yourself much?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:22 am

Post by jmar »

I did think Peers' statement was hypothetical, because I didn't read it closely enough. Originality explained it to me- his theory makes no sense unless he had a power role. I'm sorry, but the whole "maybe I said it to confuse the scum" defense is really weak in my opinion. I'm not letting him off.
Unvote, Vote Peers
. If my vote count is correct, that's 5 on him, but mod, can we get a vote count please?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:24 am

Post by jmar »

Why's that?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #24) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:19 am

Post by jmar »

@ Peers: Posts 133-135.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #25) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by jmar »

Peers wrote:
jmar wrote:@ Peers: Posts 133-135.
Christ, man, that was two weeks ago! It took you this long to decide to act on it?
You just claimed Putty! Which contradicts what you earlier said! That's why I'm acting on it.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #26) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:07 pm

Post by jmar »

I understand we've been over the argument. I still see your side of the argument as weak, because it felt a lot like backtracking to me. You may in fact be a Putty, but for me, a Putty wouldn't make that statement. I'll concede that it's possible that you made that statement intending it to be hypothetical, in fact that's how I took it at first. But looking at it closer it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to say that if you're not a Putty. The fact that you just claimed Putty shoots you to the top of my scum list, which is why I voted you now and not before. If you had claimed a power role, I probably would have believed you. And what's with this "last week" stuff? Just because it happened then it doesn't impact the game now? Everything you say in this game can be brought up at any point, whether its in defense of yourself or used as evidence against someone else. Your attempts to discredit my ideas just because I use evidence from a week ago just say to me that you really don't have much else to defend yourself with.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:18 am

Post by jmar »

Eh, I've said this already multiple times. I didn't read his post closely enough, originality explained it, and I took a closer look. That's all. If you want to vote me for it that's your right. Peers, I never attempted to hammer you, in fact in the post where I voted for you I believe I said that puts you at L-2 if I calculated correctly, and I was pretty sure I had.

Also, isn't OMGUS voting this late in a scum tell? I'm not the most experienced here, so I can't be sure. Someone mentioned something to that effect in one of my other games. Anyways, I'm tempted to do it even when I'm town so I won't hold it against you Peers, but something I found interesting.

You say "what possible reason could I have for saying what you did..." then say you were trying to confuse the Mafia. That's assuming your town. For all I know, you're scum, in which case wouldn't it be completely plausible to say you were trying to confuse the town? Your logic makes no sense.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:41 am

Post by jmar »

Peers wrote: We get into WIFOM territory there, then.
Exactly. Which is why your logic makes no sense.
Peers wrote: Why would I -want- to say "Oh, but it makes sense if I'm Mafia", especially when my defense is that I'm town?
What? When did I say you would want to say that? Obviously you wouldn't if you're trying to convince us that you're town, but that's neither here nor there. I was simply disproving your argument.
Peers wrote: And if I was scum trying to confuse the town... boy, that plan worked me right up to L-1 and might very well get me there again and further, huh?
Hey, nobody said it was a good plan.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #29) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:13 am

Post by jmar »

Is it just me or does dybeck voting for Peers, then unvoting and voting for Unright two posts later highly suspicious? One of his reasons was "I don't want this day to end just yet," but most of the Peers bandwagon unvoted. And Unright didn't even say anything to change dybecks mind, he just said he's going with his gut. IDK, seems like it could be a dybeck-Peers connection to me. Make it looks like he's against him, but not really. Something to think about.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:41 am

Post by jmar »

I'm still waiting for someone to explain the reasoning behind my bandwagon. I find it interesting Mirth has asked people several times and nobody's responded. Do you guys even know, or are you just going with the crowd?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:36 am

Post by jmar »

Still waiting for my question to be answered, but thank you, PlaysWithSquirrels, for your continuing lack of adding anything valuable to this game.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:57 pm

Post by jmar »

Well, as much as I'm on pins and needles for your explanation, which I assume is coming in 5 minutes, my question was more directed at everything else on the bandwagon. You've explained your position more than anyone, even if I don't agree with it you're entitled to it. I was more interested in why everyone else is voting me, and if they have their own reasons.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:54 pm

Post by jmar »

It's not really OMGUS. I can safely say if that was the case against anybody else I'd still be voting for you, you don't really have a case in my opinion. You say my response was overreacting, but really, I think I logically refuted your accusation, which didn't make sense to me. I think I more got caught up in the irony of you accusing me of not contributing when that was like, your first post of any substance. I can see why the first post would appear scummy, I don't really have anything to say about it. It was just something I posted because that's where I felt the conversation was going at that point and I was trying to get everyone back on track.

Whatever. I don't think anything I'm gonna say is gonna convince you I'm not scum, mostly because I'm pretty sure you're scum and you've found your target, so I'm not too worried about it. If I do get lynched, you're going down the next day easily once everyone sees I'm town, so I guess that's good. Like I said before, I'm much more interested in the others on my bandwagon.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:44 am

Post by jmar »

Well nothing I can say is going to change your mind then, since I've already addressed that. But I think it's kinda obvious I should be on the Peers bandwagon just in terms of survival (I have plenty of other reasons, all of which I've stated at various points). It's pretty obvious that either me or Peers are gonna go, so not voting for him is A) Throwing my vote away and B) Not helping my case for remaining amongst the living.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:13 am

Post by jmar »

Peers wrote:Reasons to vote for Jmar:

Sept 28, 12:24 pm: Yeah its mostly random. I didn't mean much by it- I know he's joking but I felt like tossin in a random vote.

Oct 2, 9:12 pm: We're four pages in and we've gotten nowhere. I for one am not happy with a random lynch- in my opinion it shouldn't even be up for discussion.

There's our first contradiction... he votes randomly but does not want a random lynch. So then... why vote randomly?
Everyone votes randomly to start things off. I don't think anybody keeps their first random vote on and leaves it until the person is lynched... although you seem to have proposed it on the very same page...
Peers wrote:We either lynch someone totally at random, or don't lynch anyone at all. If we lynch at random, at least there's a chance of hitting a scum... and UA may just be trying to protect himself with that "Oh, I always do this" 'joke'...
I find it a bit ironic that the post everybody keeps quoting from me was in response to your suggestion to lynch randomly.
Peers wrote: Oct 5, 7:50pm: Care to elaborate why you find that scummy? Because it seems hypothetical to me. I understand your points guys but i think it's a bit of a leap to say Peers just power claimed.

Oct 11, 4:26 pm: Can somebody explain to me why originality's last move was so scummy? I'm not following you guys on this one. Seems minor at best to me.

He constantly seems unable to see why other people are scummy until others explain to him... the classic sign of a scum who wants to vote for someone but wants to do it in a way that he can claim innocence. "Yes, I voted to lynch townie X, but it's because Player Y explained why we should! Y must be scum! Not me!"
Peers, the dead horse called. He wants you to stop beating him. I've already said this over and over, I just didn't understand in either case. And I don't think I've ever tried to shift blame toward originality. I accept full responsibility for voting you. Hear that everybody? If Peers turns up town, lynch away. Originality has no blame for my actions.
Peers wrote: Oct 18, 3:18 pm: Also, isn't OMGUS voting this late in a scum tell? I'm not the most experienced here, so I can't be sure.

This on the same day of the game in which he, himself, OMGUS'd PlaysWithSquirrels. Coupled with another claim that he's not the most experienced here, so he can't be at fault for his choices.
I didn't OMGUS PlaysWithSquirrels. I voted him because I thought he was grasping at straws, kind of like how you are here. If someone put up that weak of a case against anybody I'd be voting for them.
Peers wrote: Oct 19, 9:12 am: Is it just me or does dybeck voting for Peers, then unvoting and voting for Unright two posts later highly suspicious? One of his reasons was "I don't want this day to end just yet," but most of the Peers bandwagon unvoted. And Unright didn't even say anything to change dybecks mind, he just said he's going with his gut. IDK, seems like it could be a dybeck-Peers connection to me.

I guess having someone unvote for you is a scumtell now... he saw several people unvoting me and pulled a 'connection' out of thin air to try and convince people to get back on the bandwagon.
Unvoting and then voting for someone else with basically no explanation seems pretty scummy in my opinion. Anyways, how is this convincing people to get back on your bandwagon? If anything it was turning attention away from you and toward dybeck.
Peers wrote: Jmar, I think you're scummy, especially from how you try to defend yourself with "I'm not the most experienced here" and a constant inability to see how other people are scummy until it's 'explained' to you.
That quote was not used in defense. I said that when I was asking if OMGUS voting was a scum tell, leaving open the possibility that I could be wrong because I may have remembered it wrong. I wouldn't say its a constant inability to see how others are scum, I was asking people to explain their ideas more fully because I wasn't following their line of questioning. In my opinion, jumping on someone as scum because they simply didn't understand something is a lot more scummy, no?
Peers wrote: But at the end of the day... it doesn't matter which of us die. Remember saying this?

Oct 25, 11:54 pm: If I do get lynched, you're going down the next day easily once everyone sees I'm town, so I guess that's good.

You better believe it works both ways. When I die my death, my noble death, my Putty death... you'd better believe you're going down the next day. And no claims of "But I only voted for him after originality explained why I should" or "But I thought that OMGUS was a scumtell! I didn't know!" will save you.
You don't scare me, scum. I'm willing to be one of us is scum, and I know its not me, so you're statement is basically meaningless, and your attempts at guessing what my hypothetical defense would be the next day are laughable at best. You're pissed that you've been caught, and so you go into a mocking tone as defense, except you forgot that I never actually used either of those as defense, and never will.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:18 am

Post by jmar »

You don't remember correctly. When I voted, I said it put him at L-2 if I counted correctly. Then you said it was L-1 and I was wrong. Then we discussed it and came to the conclusion it was L-2 (though Peers kept saying it was almost "hammer" for some reason). You're welcome to go back and do a vote count, but it was L-2. As for your other reasons, I wouldn't say going head-to-head with Peers is really staying "under the radar." I mean, if Peers ends up being town for some reason I'm pretty much a dead man. You admit the case against me isn't very concrete, but you're voting anyways. I don't quite understand that logic, but hey, you're free to vote as you please. All I can do is respond.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #37) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:38 am

Post by jmar »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:That was because UA unvoted in a quote. At that point, it wasn't sure if the mod would count the unvote, and I think saying it's L-2 while the mod could very well count it as a L-1 is scummy.
I guess I just didn't really consider it wouldn't be counted. I thought it was a little odd, but saw no reason it wouldn't be. Regardless, don't call it L-1 now if the mod did end up counting it. That's a little disingenuous.
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
jmar wrote:As for your other reasons, I wouldn't say going head-to-head with Peers is really staying "under the radar." I mean, if Peers ends up being town for some reason I'm pretty much a dead man.
You didn't go head-to-head with Peers. Me and PWS voted for you when Peers was almost lynched, and now there's a deadline one of you is probably going to get lynched. That's why you guys vote each other.
But that's not why I'm voting Peers. I had my vote on him way before the deadline, and I've been arguing with him for the last 5 pages or so. Either way, I wouldn't say I'm exactly "under the radar," or even trying to be.
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
jmar wrote: You admit the case against me isn't very concrete, but you're voting anyways. I don't quite understand that logic, but hey, you're free to vote as you please. All I can do is respond.
So does the case have to be concrete for me to vote you? I said before it's mostly gut that makes me think you're scum, and I think that's a perfectly valid reason.
Fair enough. Like I said you're free to vote as you please. I guess it's more a difference in playstyle. If I'm 19 pages in and we're deadlined, I'm gonna vote for the guy with the more concrete case against him.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by jmar »

Chill out dude, it's only a game. No need to get into personal attacks.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (isolation #39) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:26 am

Post by jmar »

But, didn't you say like two pages ago if you went down I would go down the next day?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (isolation #40) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by jmar »

If you think you're scum, then go ahead?

*confused*
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #41) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:43 am

Post by jmar »

Yeah I've got my eye on CES, just because he seems so sure that Peers is town, but his reason for it isn't very good in my opinion (just his gut basically). Plus he just said he'd be up for an originality lynch, when originality's been far less scummy than Peers. Looks to me like he wants to appear to want to take down anybody but Peers, but he knows Peers is going down anyway.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (isolation #42) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:56 am

Post by jmar »

Of course it's okay for him to be of that opinion, but his defense of him and his willingness to lynch basically anybody other than Peers is what makes me suspicious personally.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #43) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:51 pm

Post by jmar »

Unofficial vote count since we seem to have a third wagon here...

Peers – 5 – Mirth, originality, jmar, UltimaAvalon, Unright

originality- 3 Flameaxe, Cogito Ergo Scum, dybeck

jmar – 2 – PlaysWithSquirrels, Blight

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch! 4 to lynch at deadline, which is tomorrow.

Not Voting – 2 – killerbob, Peers

Deadline in about 2 hours I believe?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (isolation #44) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:52 pm

Post by jmar »

Oops... it says deadline is tomorrow. Prolly cause I just copied and pasted jelly's format.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (isolation #45) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:19 am

Post by jmar »

But scum killing them off just because they found him annoying? That's a bit of a stretch for me. And you don't really have anything to back up this theory.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (isolation #46) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:21 am

Post by jmar »

them should be him. Whoops.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (isolation #47) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:53 am

Post by jmar »

dybeck, by "warrants more investigation" do you mean bandwagoning to get a claim? Because otherwise I don't understand... you just say he's scum with no explanation. Although a bandwagon may get this game moving...

Still, I don't like originality's comment... it's just weird. I don't know if it's scummy, but it's certainly out there.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (isolation #48) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:06 pm

Post by jmar »

Not really.

Unvote, Vote Unright
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (isolation #49) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:36 am

Post by jmar »

dybeck wrote:a topic that will divide the town down the middle.
I agree we need something to discuss, but this part confuses me... why do we want the town divided?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (isolation #50) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:21 pm

Post by jmar »

I'm here. I also don't really know what to say. Perhaps I should reread (sigh...)
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (isolation #51) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:44 am

Post by jmar »

UltimaAvalon didn't like me? I never got that impression. He wasn't voting for me...
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #52) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:26 am

Post by jmar »

I think we may need some replacements, especially for Unright since he appears to have fallen off the face of the earth, and he's one of the candidates for a lynch today.
Mod, any thoughts on this?

DrippingGoofball, you seem pretty sure on CES and Unright as scumbuddies, or maybe that's just your playstyle (or possibly I'm misreading it). I understand the case against CES, and the case against Unright (basically because he claimed non-vanilla), but why the connection?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (isolation #53) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:45 am

Post by jmar »

To be honest, I don't think any of the cases presented thus far are very strong, but I don't really have any alternatives. The case against CES, as made mostly by DG, is that he tried to set himself up to look good on Day 1 because he knew Peers to be town. On day 1, Originality seemed pretty townish to me on Day 1, at least moreso than Peers, although his vote-unvote thing was pretty scummy, and there it does seem like he couldn't keep his story straight as to how many votes he thought was on the person at the time. Then today he came out with the whole "UA was killed because he was annoying" thing, which I thought was pretty odd. He's probably the best case thus far, but I still have a feeling in my gut that he's town. As for other people, dybeck completely ignored my question about "dividing the town down the middle," and he's been pushing for an Unright lynch pretty hard, when all we know is that he's a power role. I thought voting Unright might pressure him to at least stop lurking (and, if we were really stuck for discussion, claim) but it appears he's just disappeared. But DG has rubbed me the wrong way the most as of late. He immediately started by voting me, obviously without reading the game, then basically went after CES when there are scummier candidates, basically ignoring originality. I know I haven't had much to say recently. I was going to reread, then I replaced into a newbie game with 18 pages and that took up a lot of time. I think it's a bit untrue to say I only show up when my name has been mentioned, or that I gloss over everything, because it's simply not true. I'm a little more wary today, because I was pretty sure Peers was scum yesterday, and that ended up being false, so I decided to play more passive today (something I'm trying out in all my games, actually, since I seem to have a habit of pursuing one person too aggressively).
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (isolation #54) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:01 am

Post by jmar »

jmar wrote:Also, I wonder why several people unvoted and voted Jmar if the wagon truely had nothing to go on.
Scum hoping to appear clean once Peers went down? Hmm... I should reread this part.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (isolation #55) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:13 am

Post by jmar »

dybeck wrote: But I climbed off once it became unlikely he was town.
Really? (I'm assuming this is a typo, or are you basically claiming scum?)
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote: Again, it wasn't certain that Peers was going to get lynched. I've said this several times. Your wagon was bigger than Peers' for a while, and our lynch target wasn't yet decided.
In terms of numbers, you're correct. But once the deadline was set, I think it was inevitable. Nobody really had a case against me. PlaysWithSquirrels pushed pretty hard, but in the end when we asked him to state his case it was very weak. And everyone else on the bandwagon seemed to just be following him. At that point I would argue that Peers was going to get lynched.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (isolation #56) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:17 am

Post by jmar »

jmar wrote: What is the case against JMar, exactly? I just reread the game again (as is probably evident) and I still am not seeing it. If you want to point me just to the post numbers I'll look it up for myself, because I know going back and finding the quotes is a pain.
I've been wondering the same thing since PWS started the bandwagon on me yesterday. I'm just saying, don't hold your breath.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (isolation #57) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:56 am

Post by jmar »

I feel originality has done some odd things, but nothing especially scummy. His scummiest move was his vote-unvote. I don't definitely think he's town, and he should be looked at carefully, but I don't want the town to rush into a vote. I did that to Peers day 1 and it didn't work out. I think some people are perfectly fine with sitting back and lynching him but I haven't seen nearly enough evidence to justify that yet. I guess you could say I would think a scum would be more careful than he has been(I know, I know, WIFOM). Plus I just have a feeling in my gut that he's town.

I don't like DG because he made a vote without reading the game, and it was obvious. Originality was the topic of discussion at that point, and he completely ignored him (and ignored someone's direct question about him, in fact it might have been yours Mirth) and went straight for CES. He says this about originality:
DrippingGoofball wrote: originality feels town except for the speculation about the NK. Looks like he might be scum that's disappointed no one picked up the rationale of his nightkill, so he has to point it out to us to send us spinning.
Basically, "feels town, might be scum." Then he zeroes in on CES, with what I also find to be a weak case. (Setting himself up to look good after the mislynch, which could be scummy, but CES could just have genuinely thought Peers was town- dybeck, for example did also, but DG doesn't mention him). After that his logic just seems very weird to me. He called you CES's scumbuddy for not voting him because he was lurking, then voted CES (even though CES didn't do anything between the time he voted me and the time DG votes him... so why not unvote and vote him when he first makes the case?) Then he references Unright and CES being scumbuddies (at least that's what I made out of the Canada thing). So, I like how he's going after somebody other than originality, but he's barely addressed anybody else besides CES. That's not scumhunting. It's pushing for a lynch. And he says he wants to lynch CES too... ("Frankly, I'd rather lynch CES"... on like the second page after he's joined the game).
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (isolation #58) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:33 am

Post by jmar »

My apologies, I always forget to check. (I'm not great at remembering either).
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (isolation #59) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:44 am

Post by jmar »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote: I actually thought the point PWS brought up was a decent one. Jmar hardly made any informative posts early in the game, and then accused someone else of not being productive. It was quite OMGUSy, too.
This is what I still don't understand, and probably why I got rather pissed off at PWS. Reread the game. The first 4-5 pages are senseless jokes and a self-bandwagon by UA. I tried to comment on what I thought was relevant to the game, but having never played with UA before (All I could gather was it was tradition or something?) I honestly didn't know what the hell was going on. I was still here and wanted to get the game rolling, so I tried to contribute, but didn't really have much to say (admittedly, those posts are rather pointless). Shortly thereafter, PWS, a person who had all of 2 posts at that point with about as much useful information as mine did, accuses me of not being productive. If calling him a hypocrite is being "OMGUSy," I guess I'm guilty, but I find senseless bandwagon pushing among the scummiest moves possible in mafia, and PWS' bandwagon was screaming it.

In other news, I'm about ready to vote DG, but I'd like to see his response to Bookitty's analysis first.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (isolation #60) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:35 pm

Post by jmar »

I think what they, and myself, would like to know, Flameaxe, is how so?

Okay, CES, so you're problem then was with my vote, but you forgive PWS because he was just going with the best he had at the moment. For me, PWS was the best I had at the moment, because I felt he was pushing a baseless wagon. I understand OMGUS is usually a scumtell, but I don't think there's any rule that you can't vote for somebody who is voting for you baselessly.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (isolation #61) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:04 pm

Post by jmar »

You know part of mafia is stating your case, right? If you don't have one though, that's understandable. It seems to be a growing trend among people who vote me.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (isolation #62) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:20 pm

Post by jmar »

Well, when 3 people are asking you to explain more fully, it's obviously not "fucking obvious" now is it?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (isolation #63) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:31 am

Post by jmar »

Okay, keep it to yourself then. You're the one who looks like an idiot.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (isolation #64) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:43 am

Post by jmar »

Perhaps if I
unvote, vote: DrippingGoofball
, something I was thinking about doing anyway, she'll be more likely to show up.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (isolation #65) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:26 pm

Post by jmar »

It's not out of the blue. I asked DG for an explanation, and I thought she might be lurking. But now it appears she wants to be replaced, so...
Unvote
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (isolation #66) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by jmar »

Then why wouldn't Peers have claimed his actual name then Mirth?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (isolation #67) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:33 pm

Post by jmar »

Flameaxe Translator wrote: Because I don't actually have one.
You're right. This is fun :P
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (isolation #68) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by jmar »

Flameaxe, your comments are useless without posts to refer to. Nobody in their right mind is going to go through and match up your comments to the posts because that's stupid. All of a sudden it sounds like you don't agree with any of dybecks posts, so why did you just vote him now if he's been so scummy the entire time?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (isolation #69) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:06 am

Post by jmar »

Fair enough, I didn't actually know about the "view all posts by X" feature, which certainly made things easier. Still, Flameaxe has yet to answer the question, and I think it's a tad scummy that he only started to do this after dybeck prodded him. As for Mirth, I don't see what the big deal is in dybeck asserting he's pro-town... shouldn't we ALL assert that? Also, I'd like to see a replacement for DG, I had a lot of questions for him.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (isolation #70) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:35 am

Post by jmar »

If I were scum, you'd be giving me a huge break by not posting any reasoning behind your assertions.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (isolation #71) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:35 am

Post by jmar »

First off, my apologies for not posting in awhile. I had exams, and then moved back home from college and had holiday/family stuff to attend to. I can't promise I'll be the most active player over Christmas but I'll try to check in when I can.

Regarding CES' last comment... whoa whoa whoa... hammer dybeck if he doesn't claim by some arbitrary deadline? Does somebody want to explain to me why exactly we're ready to lynch dybeck? I've seen a couple scummy things from him- namely his comment about "dividing the town down the middle" and his Day 1 play (he voted Peers, then unvoted him in his next post and voted Unright, then chastised everyone who voted Peers) but I honestly haven't seen anything that bad from him today. I know this will provoke Flameaxe to make some sarcastic scumbuddy comment but seriously, I'm surprised at how fast this wagon has formed and I'm almost sure at least one scum is on it at this point.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (isolation #72) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:01 pm

Post by jmar »

*bangs head against wall*
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (isolation #73) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:27 pm

Post by jmar »

I love how most of the town just sits idly by while Flameaxe wagonhops seemingly at random and without reason.

I'd ask for reasons but I feel like I'm talking to a wall whenever I do so. As such, this has been long overdue...
Unvote, vote: Flameaxe
, call it an OMGUS all you want but I think my thoughts on your idiotic play are pretty well documented.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”