Mini #509: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Game Over!

dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:47 pm

Post by dybeck »

petroleumjelly wrote:
As for prodding "non-players", it's your job to tell Rita who is not playing, not her job to find them.
Well... when Rita's game fails due to lack of participation, Rita will know who to blame. Because it can't have escaped Rita's attention that only about three people are posting anything significant in this game.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:48 pm

Post by dybeck »

;)
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:49 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

This game hurts.

Anyway, I'm glad Flameaxe unvoted. I'd be up for an Originality lynch as well.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:09 am

Post by Mirth »

CES why are you so set against lynching Peers?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:19 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Peers wrote:
Mirth wrote:Mirth has no sense of humor, if you haven't noticed.

Originality, your calling for a hammer kind of sets of some alarm bells in my head, but not too many, as Peers has been getting on my nerves with his bad playing.
I'm not the one ignoring the the last few days of being able to look for possible signs of scuminess in people other than me...
Without getting into this more...you can help with this...
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:39 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Mirth wrote:CES why are you so set against lynching Peers?
As I said several times before, I'm fully convinced Peers is town, simply because I can't imagine him playing like this if he were scum.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:56 am

Post by Unright »

I'm happy with my Peers vote. In my opinion, right now the pressure is on those not voting Peers to either defend him or make a stronger case against another player.

PlaysWithSquirrels
Cogito Ergo Scum (need something better than that)
Blight's replacement
dybeck
killerbob
Peers

^
I'm looking at you guys.
Vote Right -- Unvote Unright!
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:23 am

Post by Peers »

Since I have nothing to lose by alienating my supporters... erm, supporter, with less than a day before deadline... could CES be scum, looking to make himself look innocent when I'm revealed as Town? Could Unright and Mirrth be Scum and setting CES up to look like Scum for supporting me, since they both know I'm Town?

Simply put... remember, when I'm revealed as Town, there are X+1 people in this game who know my alignment: The scum, and myself. So who in this game is acting like they know my alignment... and who's acting like they don't care?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:43 am

Post by jmar »

Yeah I've got my eye on CES, just because he seems so sure that Peers is town, but his reason for it isn't very good in my opinion (just his gut basically). Plus he just said he'd be up for an originality lynch, when originality's been far less scummy than Peers. Looks to me like he wants to appear to want to take down anybody but Peers, but he knows Peers is going down anyway.
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:54 am

Post by Mirth »

Now Peers, you're being too simplistic there. The only people who actually know your alignment are you and your potential partners. If you're not mafia, then the mafia has no way of knowing your alignment either. Because none of us know how many killing roles are in this game. We won't have any ideas as to number and type of killing role until after night.

That said, I'm not a fan of Unright (look back for why) but what sealed the deal for me about you is your comment about how annoying townies should be lynched to help town when you were attacking Flameaxe. Last time I encountered someone with that playing philosophy, they were scum.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:28 am

Post by Peers »

Mirth wrote:Now Peers, you're being too simplistic there. The only people who actually know your alignment are you and your potential partners. If you're not mafia, then the mafia has no way of knowing your alignment either. Because none of us know how many killing roles are in this game. We won't have any ideas as to number and type of killing role until after night.
Hrm. I stand corrected. The only people who know if I'm Mafia or not are the Mafia (and myself, if I'm not Mafia). It's entirely possible I'm a serial killer, but I have no idea who in the show could fill that role, so it never entered my mind. However, if I am, in fact, Not Mafia, then people who are in the Mafia want me dead regardless of if I'm town, SK, survivor, whatever.

It's also possible (in a game this small?) that I'm a bomb, and kill whoever hammers me -- which would explain why nobody's bothered hammering. Too much risk for too little gain, waiting would get the same job done.

Of course, it's also possible I'm the jester, and I've played you all for saps... but I'm not. Or am I? No, wait, I'm not. Nevermind.

Anyway, even though I won't be dead for another twelve hours or so, I'll write my 'bah' post now: I apologize. I'm the sort of person who is slow to heat up, but one heated, stays hot for a while... and reheats quickly. And the best way to heat me up is to attack me on things that aren't true, or nag over piddling little details (yes, that makes married life an adventure). I got pushed, I got heated, and I played poorly. I've had losses in other games here, but this is the first one where I can only blame myself; I didn't get played, I didn't get tricked, I simply got too hot and burned myself. Mirth is right; lynch the annoying player so they can't distract you from hunting scum. That's what I said, and I stand by it... but I'm able to accept I was the annoying player. Now get ready to go get those scum, 'cause Day 2 will be the day the town takes over.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:42 am

Post by Mirth »

No, you missunderstand. I said that you said lynch the annoying player. And saying that means that you dont particularly care if a protown player is lynched. It is the non-caring that bothers me, not the annoyingness.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:36 am

Post by Peers »

Mirth wrote:No, you missunderstand. I said that you said lynch the annoying player. And saying that means that you dont particularly care if a protown player is lynched. It is the non-caring that bothers me, not the annoyingness.
Yes, but regardless of being town or not, it's what I believe. A bad town player (like myself in this game) can distract the town from hunting scum. Look at how many of you have refused to even discuss other people the last week... regardless of if you think I'm scum or not, you'd have to be an idiot to think there's only one scum in the game. It's an entire day lost. And if you didn't lynch me? I'd still be a distraction in day two that could prevent finding scum. Get me out of the way now so you can actually focus on the game. It's what makes sense.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:44 am

Post by Mirth »

I don't think its a lost day at all. There is some other information floating around, and I don't know about anybody else, but I find CES's defense of you really interesting. I also find the non-participation of a few people interesting.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:27 am

Post by Peers »

CES's defense of me is slightly less interesting if you believe I'm town... or maybe just interesting in a different way.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:05 am

Post by Mirth »

It's interesting either way you look at it. If you're town, why is he so sure. If you're not town, why is he trying so hard.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:31 am

Post by dybeck »

Don't be idiots.

It's OK for CES to be of the opinion that Peers is not scum. Just because you've all comvinced yourself Peers is scum doesn't mean that there's no room to question it.

You should take a long look at your reasons and try to come to terms with the fact that you're actually pointing the finger (at both Peers and CES) out of a complete lack of information, rather than because you've actually spotted scumtells.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:51 am

Post by Flameaxe »

dybeck wrote:Don't be idiots.

It's OK for CES to be of the opinion that Peers is not scum. Just because you've all comvinced yourself Peers is scum doesn't mean that there's no room to question it.

You should take a long look at your reasons and try to come to terms with the fact that you're actually pointing the finger (at both Peers and CES) out of a complete lack of information, rather than because you've actually spotted scumtells.
You haven't exactly contributed a boatload yourself...you know.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:56 am

Post by jmar »

Of course it's okay for him to be of that opinion, but his defense of him and his willingness to lynch basically anybody other than Peers is what makes me suspicious personally.
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:56 am

Post by Mirth »

Not a lack of information. CES is saying he is convinced Peers is town because he "can't imagine scum playing that way." The problem here isn't that CES is defending Peers, it's how he chooses to defend Peers. He's making a blanket statement that he doesnt think Peers is scum even though Peers isn't playing well. He's not trying to justify this statement, he just keeps repeating it. Look back at his posts and notice that he doesn't try to back-up his support of Peers with quotes from Peers' posts that might suggest townishness. (The only post he quoted in his defense of Peers was the reserve the right to claim putty post). Yet before this he was very suspicious of Peers, and then turned around almost without warning and started defending him. I'm curious as to why. I'm don't know if CES is scum, but his defense does not make sense to me, and thus I'm going to be suspicious of him until I'm given reason not to be.
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:51 pm

Post by originality »

I like how CES says he is "fully convinced Peers is town" while the only evidence he manages to produce is "I don't think scum would play that way". wifom anyone? CES is being a bit too stubborn. Someone worth looking into D2.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by Mirth »

Originality, I must say that contrary to what your name declares, you've been anything but newand innovative. Do you have anything to say that wasn't said already?
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:50 pm

Post by originality »

This: In my experience, stubbornness=mafia.

(I'm looking at you dybeck)

Ok seriously now: I'll go over how tomorrow's events might affect CES

If Peers comes out scum, CES' opinions automatically lose a lot of weight. It is sort of weird though, if they are scum together, why would CES be such an adamant supporter of Peers' towniness? Especially when its so apparent that he'll be lynched soon? That wouldn't make much sense, as the mafia would try to distance themselves from one another, unless CES is just being dumb scum. This is something to think about.

If Peers came out town, then a mafia CES would be a good possibility, as it seems as if he is trying to build credibility for himself on the town's eyes by supporting someone he knows for a fact to be town, which would explain his strong conviction. Something to remark is how CES defends Peers so much in these final moments when its 90% sure Peers is going to be lynched.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:58 pm

Post by Mirth »

They could be mason partners, but I don't think that possibility is likely at this moment because of Peers' claim.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:13 pm

Post by Peers »

Annnnnd I believe I'm dead now, yes?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”