bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:45 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Let me read a bunch and then post later.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:16 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Notable things I noticed: Pages 1-5

Scarecrow (Dragons of Summer, henceforth) claims Fircoal was using codes.

Later, after BM obv joke reveals that his role has already told him who the scum are and Fircoal follows up on the joke by saying, "I guess you caught me then" Dragons says:

Scarecrow Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:27 pm Post subject: 69

BM and he then fight about the whole thing.

FoS: Dragons of Summer

Pooky builds a very weak attack on Admiral, based on his random vote for the guy with tildas in his name.

They fight about it for a couple of pages.

FoS: Pooky
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:35 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Notable things I noticed: Pages 6-10

Dragons votes pooky, perhaps trying to take attention off himself and join a bandwagon.

Ancalagon casts 4th vote for pooky…seems like a BW vote.

Dragons changes vote again. To Twito based on metagaming (following BM’s observation. Note that BM made the observation, but didn't vote or FOS for it.)

Talitha suggests lynching lurkers if we can’t find replacements
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:16 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Posts 11-20

Fielding Melish (Shanba) puts 4th vote on Talitha…seems BW

Miztef (replacement) didn’t find anything scummy in 11 pages…defends Talitha

Pooky forgets real content in favor of joke posts

Miztef says this:
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:19 pm Post subject: 328
I don't understand Pooky's FOS on me here, not that I understand much of what Pooky does.

Are you saying I'm trying to stop people from voting Battle Mage? If so, I can tell you that I honestly don't think Battle Mage is scum at this time, and that's why I'm not voting him. The evidence against him is limited at best, and Jordan makes a fine point that BM has had some helpful content.

Pooky counters with an excellent post:
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:54 am Post subject: 333

right

so you honestly think he isn't scum

but you put an FOS on him.

That makes tons of sense.

If you were covering your ass in case we lynched him.

Mtzef unFoSes BM in response

Talitha votes Jordan on gut feeling

Talitha votes for Fielding Melish for inactivity

FoS Mitzef and Talitha
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:11 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Pooky...I'll prioritize people after I'm done reviewing (which probably won't happen until Monday, by the way).
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by bobbyplump »

My analysis: 21-now

Theo states definitely that Niempie is scum. I don't like people being so sure.

OK...just got to N9V's role claim. Pooks isn't scum. K. Why didn't he list both investigations?

Jordan encourages cop not to reveal second investigation. Why? I don't understand that. It could have narrowed the potential scum field.

Yikes...Skruffs looks scummier and scummier (I'm writing this on page 25...too many things to mention).

Ancalagon (cicero) not scum...K.

I've hated everything Skruffs has said today. I see we're in the middle of a mass claim. If we weren't, I'd be voting for him. (still on page 26)

Just a thought: the way Skruffs and Jordan are bickering, it almost seems orchestrated.

Theo is posting in generalities and not doing much Day 3 until Talitha beats him over the head about it.

I officially hate pooky in this game. His ONLY saving grace is N9V's claim.

I'm all for a mass claim. I won't comment on the claims yet. So I'll post my pre-mass-role claim thoughts here in a second.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:11 pm

Post by bobbyplump »

My analysis and my wolf list:

~N9V~
- I have several problems with his role claim. One, at first he just lists one investigation. Second, he then lists BM (who was killed) as his third investigation. Third, he claims innocent on Pooky, who is playing terribly (i.e. not helping the town AT ALL...I've counted one good post from him all game).

However, the claim hasn't been countered yet, so it's hard to argue it. Maybe the mass claim thing will clear this up.

cicero - Cleared by N9V and seems town.

Dragons of Summer - Both he and his predecessor have seemed scummy.

JordanA24 - Honestly, I like his play (except encouraging N9V to keep investigations secret). The only other thing that gives me pause is his constant bickering with Skruffs today. As I said before, it almost seems orchestrated.

Quagmire (replaced Miztef , who replaced Coron) - Nothing against you, Quag, but Miztef set off my wolfdar. You'll make the list.

PookyTheMagicalBear - Innocent unless N9V is disproved.

theopor_COD - Was certain about Niempie, and was wrong. And really seemed to mail it in today until Talitha got on his case.

Talitha - Has been pretty town the whole game, except when she was pretty bummed about the pace of the game. Then she got a little loose. I don't think scum would have come up with the mass claim idea.

Skruffs - Everything about him today has seemed wolfy.

Shanba - No complaints against him/her (??)

The List:

Likely Wolf:

1. Skruffs
2. Dragons

Wouldn't be Surprised:

3. Quagmire
4. Theo
5. Jordan

Will Totally Change is N9V is Lying:

6. N9V
7. Pooky

I'd Be Shocked:

8. cicero
9. Talitha
10. Shanba

Is really attractive:

11. bobbyplump
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:28 am

Post by bobbyplump »

DoS, I had 33 pages to read. If I wrote all the scum traits for each person, it'd be a novel. I summarized the highlights in my first three posts and then had the list at the end. If you have a specific question, I'd be more than happy to answer it.

Talitha - what the heck is wolfsbane?

I'm the nursemaid. Back-up Doc.

Quagmire, you're the first on my list who hasn't yet claimed. Let's hear it.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by bobbyplump »

JordanA24 wrote:It would have narrowed the potential scum field, but in the same stroke, it would have been another confirmed townie (assuming ~N9V~ isn't scum) with a great big target painted on their back.
I don't quite agree with your logic here, Jordan. Wolves should know who is a townie anyway. They don't need a cop to tell them.

By the way, I don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but a Fletcher (TheAdmiral) is a person who makes arrows. I have no idea how this affects the game, but I looked up fletchers today b/c I didn't know what they were.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:08 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Shanba wrote:I'm male, btw.
Noted.

I should have realized that was a male tree frog in your avatar.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:51 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Fair point, Jordan. I can see both sides of it. Really, in retrospect it's just a minor point that doesn't have much of a bearing on where I ranked you.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:44 am

Post by bobbyplump »

I agree with you Cicero. I think her not telling us what wolfsbane is is bullcrap. I thought we agreed to give our role and the flavor. So far, we just got flavor from her.

But frankly I think it'll be hard for wolves to sell their fake claims, and I don't know why a wolf would be the one to suggest this tactic. Unless, of course, they discussed it at night.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:20 am

Post by bobbyplump »

cicero wrote:But I do have to say in Talitha's defense that I am far more likely to believe that someone with an immunity power is named "wolvesbane" than "Gong Farmer" who "cleans out the latrines."
QFT
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:47 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Quag may not even know that he's next yet, if he hasn't read this far up.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:36 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Uh...Quag? I thought you were going to post yesterday?
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:49 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Quag, would it be too much work for you to review the last two pages to see who has claimed and who hasn't? Especially since you just read the game.

Or did you not really read the game very well because you already know who your fellow scum are?
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:11 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Hey guys...I've been in Seattle for work from Saturday until last night (I told the mod when I agreed to replace, not sure if he posted it here or not). I'm getting caught up at the office today. Won't be able to catch up on the thread or post until tonight or tomorrow morning.

Read this page and saw Shanba has a question for me. I'll read it and respond when I have the chance.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:57 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Pooky, what's your flavor?
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:03 am

Post by bobbyplump »

I can confirm Cicero. This will probably trigger some people's scumdar, but I felt it to be the right play.

My role description was accurate. My flavor was not. I am really the Sorceror's Assistant. Translation still is back-up Doc.

The reason I decided to change the flavor was in hopes of nabbing a wolf false-claiming Doc. Quag, Jordan, Shanba, Theo, and Cicero all claimed after me. If any one of them were wolves, it'd be a golden opportunity for them to claim Doc, and that would have told me they were scum. None of them did, so gold star for them.

I asked Pooky's flavor just a second ago because I wanted to give him the chance to claim Doc. I'm coming clean now in light of Cicero's post and the fact that Pooky claimed townie, not special. I'd still like to know his flavor though.

So...anyway...

Fircoal protected BM on N1
Jingolaw was activated and protected Jordan on N2
Jingolaw protected N9V on N3

I'd be happy to answer any questions.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:45 am

Post by bobbyplump »

I told you I was activated when Fircoal died. I protected N9V last night.

I think Pooky's plan is bullcrap. I wouldn't be surprised if Quag was a wolf, because his claim doesn't make sense to me (a tailor is a target-switcher? not buying it). His only saving grace to me is that he didn't claim Doc after I claimed back-up. Then again, four or so people claimed AFTER him, so he may have been worried someone else would take it.

But Pooky's plan makes a major leap in logic saying I'm a wolf. Frankly, I think he's trying to get the Doc lynched so his Night Kills aren't blocked any more.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:20 am

Post by bobbyplump »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:are you kidding? did you even look at what happened yesterday?

I pretty much called DoS out and got him lynched and set Skruffs up to be killed the night afterwards.

DoS was the Alpha Wolf, there is no wolf higher than the alpha wolf. Check out the other werewolf game played in normal, http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2021

Alpha Werewolf is the Werewolf Godfather.

So unless you think I decided to take my godfather who was under no suspicion whatsoever and get him killed and then set up another werewolf to be killed, I can't be scum.

Here i'll say it for you again, there's no way I could be scum because it DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE FOR ME TO PLAY THE WAY I AM PLAYING IF I AM A WEREWOLF.

There is no werewolf higher than alpha, I just took the werewolf godfather and handed him on a bloody platter to you, for you to doubt my innocence when you have an innocent result on me at this point is absolutely mindblowing.

There is no assistant freaking sorceror, Bobby's completely full of it. Think for a second who you would kill if you were scum and bobby is assistant doctor, i'll give you a hint, it's the doctor.

The very fact that he isn't dead is good as proof that he is guilty.
Could you show where you called DoS out and got him lynched? Because from my reading of the game, you've made meaningless nothing posts the whole game!

The only thing that has saved you to this point is your innocent read. I don't know how to explain that unless 1. N9V has fooled us all (which I don't believe he has, I trust him) or 2. There's something we don't really know about this game.

Judging by how this game has played out with the roles and the flavors, I think it may be the latter.

You say: "DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE FOR ME TO PLAY THE WAY I AM PLAYING IF I AM A WEREWOLF."
I'm no expert, but isn't that WIFOM? I've seen scum play in a lot of strange ways.

You say: "There is no assistant freaking sorceror, Bobby's completely full of it. Think for a second who you would kill if you were scum and bobby is assistant doctor, i'll give you a hint, it's the doctor."

Let's hash that out a bit. I considered protecting myself last night, but I couldn't imagine the scum trying to kill me. After the mass role claim, there are only a handful of people that can possibly be scum. If I were a wolf, I wouldn't want any more people eliminated from that pool via investigation. That's why I protected N9V.

I also considered protecting the Vig (per your suggestion, by the way in post 943...interesting that you would suggest that, then target the Cop). But I figured again, if I were a wolf, a confused Vig could help my cause. So I wouldn't NK him.

Something else that doesn't smell right. You've been non-helpful all game. Posting one-sentence goofball posts like, "It's clear we all need to follow Pooky to victory. Let's lynch so-and-so." And you never stated an explanation. Now, when someone turns the heat on you, you get indignant.

Vote: Pooky
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:23 am

Post by bobbyplump »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I've been protecting your ass since night 2.
Bullshit. So you were a townie yesterday, but now you are a Doc.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:39 am

Post by bobbyplump »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Ok since clearly some people are having qualms with my foolproof plan, I will list everything out so people are satsified with a guranteed win tommorrow.

First off, we have a dead sibling, that clears the other 1 Sibling

so out of 9, we have 8 unconfirmed.
Agreed.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Out of those 8, I would HIGHLY clear myself, N9V and Talitha, Cicero,

because

1) N9v is uncounterclaimed cop
2) Talitha's reaction to Skruff's claim is definitely not wolf
3) I threw the alpha wolf under the boss, set up skruffs to be nightkilled, and i've got that innocent investigation on me
4) Cicero has a innocent investigation and a confirmed night ability.

So we've 4 "murkies".
1. You can clear N9V. Agreed
2. No way can you clear Talitha based on her reaction to an obviously bogus claim. If you're scum, and one of your fellow scum makes a stupid play, you bus them. Not saying Tali is scum for sure, but she certainly isn't cleared.
3. I still want to see where you were responsible for bringing down DoS. You aren't cleared.
4. Cicero is confirmed. Agreed.

I don't really have a problem with your Quag/Vig thing. Again, unless there's something the town doesn't know, such as a Wolf Role Blocker or something. But what I have a problem with is you putting me - the true Doc role - on the block.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:45 am

Post by bobbyplump »

What was Quag's claim again? Can he redirect if he's lynched during the day, or only if it's an NK?
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (isolation #24) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:03 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Why, Theo?
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (isolation #25) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:40 am

Post by bobbyplump »

You know, DoS and Skruffs were my top two suspects as well.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (isolation #26) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:03 am

Post by bobbyplump »

cicero wrote:
bobbyplump wrote:You know, DoS and Skruffs were my top two suspects as well.

And yet you didn't vote for him yesterday...
That's because I joined the game in the middle of the mass roll claim. After the claim, we were discussing the best course of action, when you all of a sudden dropped the hammer! I didn't have a chance to vote for him!
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (isolation #27) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:10 am

Post by bobbyplump »

cicero wrote:5. Bobby's claim of "ok I'm really the sorceror's apprentice after he called himself the nursemaid didn't sit well with me when he did it. I thought...hmm... what would I do if I was scum and could see me coming up with what Bobby did.
What I would do if I were scum would be to claim "Townie", then completely change my role to "Doc". Something isn't right.

I didn't tell the whole truth in my claim, but I gave the correct role. Pooky, who claimed early, gave no flavor and no role. And now all of a sudden he is changing everything.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:17 am

Post by bobbyplump »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I've been protecting your ass since night 2.
This quote is interesting since N9V didn't come out as the cop until after Night 2.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (isolation #29) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:56 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Jordan, I can't speak to why Jingolaw did anything that he did. I have no idea.

I made a list based on what I read. I was saying Skruffs was scummy back on page 25. That I finished my list shortly after his claim is just rather crappy timing for the town.

I still want to know why Pooks says he's been protecting N9V since N2, even though he didn't come out until the following Day.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1029 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:13 am

Post by bobbyplump »

One more thing to chew on, as I re-read Pooky's claim that he led the kills of DoS and Skruffs. I think it makes perfect sense for Pooks to bus DoS.

Pooky is a wolf that appears innocent upon investigation. So Pooky and his fellow wolves decide to make Pooky untouchable. He comes out yesterday and busses the Alpha Wolf. The town will assume the Alpha Wolf was immune to investigations, and thus clear Pooky.

THAT is how it makes sense.

He didn't turn against Skruffs until Skruffs started doing the same stupid things that I noticed in my summary posts. And he didn't tell the Vig to shoot Skruffs until AFTER the gong farmer claim.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:35 am

Post by bobbyplump »

@ Jordan...nothing ever said the Alpha Wolf is immune to investigations. Why couldn't there be another one that is?

@ Pooky...you counterclaimed because you caught crap for your "Let's lynch the Cop then shoot Quag" theory.

And face it, when your Cop NK failed, you realized the wolves were screwed. Desperate times call for desperate measures. So you come out and say, "Kill Bobby and shoot Quag." Then, after you complete your NK, the wolves will either have won (3-3) or be the town will be in LYLO (4-2), depending on the number of wolves.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:34 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Lesson of this game: Mass roll claims work.

I'm still relatively new to this game, but every mass claim I've seen has either led directly to a victory like this game, or at the very least has not impared the town's chances at all.
I'm your huckleberry.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”