Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Unvote, Vote: Yosarian2

I don't like he said we shouldn't speculate Vig/Cop choices. That sounded like scum spouting town rhetoric. In this case, we should decide who to vig today, and I was only saying who I would investigate as a
list of people who weren't investigated or dead already
. We shouldn't give the cop and vig a chance to target the same person, so the scum can try to kill the person I investigate, but if there's a scum still alive after the lynch and vig kill, I have a good chance of finding scum as well, and even if they kill the person I investigate, we have another lynch/vig to get rid of the last two people. What Yos2 said makes no sense at all, and it really feels like it came from scum.

I would support vigging Xdaamno tonight.
Permanent V/LA.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by Rishi »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Yosarian2

I don't like he said we shouldn't speculate Vig/Cop choices. That sounded like scum spouting town rhetoric. In this case, we should decide who to vig today, and I was only saying who I would investigate as a
. We shouldn't give the cop and vig a chance to target the same person, so the scum can try to kill the person I investigate, but if there's a scum still alive after the lynch and vig kill, I have a good chance of finding scum as well, and even if they kill the person I investigate, we have another lynch/vig to get rid of the last two people. What Yos2 said makes no sense at all, and it really feels like it came from scum.

I would support vigging Xdaamno tonight.
Uh. I think you mean VitaminR.

I really don't like how Kinetic is doing his best to steer us to lynch someone else. If he was really town, then he'd know it would be the best play to start lynching the unconfirmed people. My vote stands for now.

If we lynch VitaminR, I will probably vig Kinetic. We can discuss the vig choice without discussing the cop choice.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Rishi: Let me ask you this- You are unconfirmed as town, but you know you are town. Would you just lay back and die or would you at least try and get the scum to die first?

I agree, the best play is to lynch/vig among the 4 "unconfirmeds". I also believe that I shouldn't be lynch/vigged because I know I'm vanilla. So I'm going to attempt to get the person who I think is the most likely to be scum to be lynched, and the person who I think is second on my list vigged.

Will I blame you if you choose me as one of those? No. Do I think even if I'm not chosen that I will be chosen tomorrow. Yes I do.

But until I'm dead I'm going to do everything I can for the town, even if what I say won't be taken at face value by the town until after my demise.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:45 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:In this case, we should decide who to vig today, and I was only saying who I would investigate as a
. We shouldn't give the cop and vig a chance to target the same person, so the scum can try to kill the person I investigate.
That's true. I didn't see it that way. Still, I think separating the unknowns into two groups (a vig and a cop group) and then letting those roles choose during the night who to target is a good idea.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:54 pm

Post by Kinetic »

If we choose, or at least discuss, the vig kill, this gives the person who is the target time to defend himself. It also does a few other things.

I think directing the vig kill is a good idea. We don't need to direct the cop though. As long as he knows who the vig is taking out, he can avoid that person. In addition, if we only choose one of two people for the cop to investigate, and the same for the vig, the scum wins. If we choose one for the vig, and leave 3 open to the cop, the scum have a much worse chance at picking off the investigation target, if that is their plan.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:45 am

Post by Rishi »

Kinetic wrote:Rishi: Let me ask you this- You are unconfirmed as town, but you know you are town. Would you just lay back and die or would you at least try and get the scum to die first?
Absolutely I would lay back and sacrifice myself. Remember, if you are pro-town, you win even if you are dead. We win as a team. It makes no difference if you're dead. The town can't really lose this. All you're doing is confusing the issue.

PLUS, what I don't like about what you're doing is that you are forcing us to use more pages against our limit and more time.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:14 am

I disagree with Rishi. I would not sacrifice myself under any circumstances. I would defend myself and, more importantly, give as much of my opinion on the scum as possible, so that the town would have all my thoughts before I died.

Unvote, Vote: VitaminR

Sorry, I don't know why I get them mixed up, but I do. Probably the extra letter/number on the end.

Happy Belated Vote Count

Kinetic (3): Rishi, Xdaamno, VitR
Xdaamno (2): Kinetic, Guardian
Guardian (1): Pooky
VitaminR (1): MoS

not voting (1): CTD

8 alive, 5 to lynch
Permanent V/LA.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:25 am

Post by Rishi »

Well, maybe everyone should list their two most likely candidates for scum and those will be the ones we lynch/vig? In case we're wrong, I can see that this debate will be very useful in determining out targets tomorrow, but I really think we should reach a consensus and move into the night.

My top two candidates are Kinetic and Xdammo.

I don't see CTD as scum for reasons already stated. Since we had a nightstart, it's possible that he concocted a fight with Sarcastro, figuring that one of them would be lynched Day 2 and the other would be presumed innocent. That's quite a gambit and I think should be considered as only slightly more likely than Pooky being the godfather.

I agree with CTD's metagaming of Guardian. I've played with him enough that I hope I can spot when he's town at this point. He seems town here.

I could see why VitaminR is suspicious. I just think Xdammo and Kinetic are more likely to be scum.

Unless I calculated wrong, we have four chances to catch scum. In fact, if there is a doctor in this setup and no godfather, there is no possible way for us to lose. I realize those are two big ifs, especially the first one.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:55 am

Post by Kinetic »

Rishi: That isn't a pro-town state of mind. MOS has the right idea, and that is what I ascribe to. I will not lay back, and it is my opinion, even if I am lynched or impaled by you tonight with that lance of yours, that I will get everything I have to say out. That way, if I am unfortunately killed, everything I pointed out can be used by the town to win. This game is NOT open-shut just yet. We are in a good position. It is not good play to blow it just because we think its a sure thing.

I think its obvious, but my top two candidates are Xdaamno and VitR.

I've already stated why, but the basic reasons are that: Xdaamno is acting completely different than when I ever played with him, and when I confronted him on it he claimed that this is how he always is. That isn't the truth.

For VitR, of all the players he's the only one I don't have any trust in. Not in his opinions, judgments, and I'm pretty sure there was a lot more that I said earlier, but I can't quite remember it all.

Third on my list, is CTD. Note, there is a BIG distance between my suspicions on CTD and VitR. He's only third because I no longer think that Guardian is scum.

Fourth on my list is Guardian, mainly because despite what I think, he's still in the "unconfirmed" pool.

Fifth is Pooky, only because despite me thinking he's innocent, and even being investigated as such, it is not 'impossible' for him to be guilty. Its just a technicality, and at this stage of the game, is virtually pointless, but I feel like I should still point it out for later, if the game lasts that long.

Sixth is Rishi. The only reason he's so low is because he's got an uncontested power role right now. I don't really agree with many of his opinions on game theory. He hasn't been very scummy overall though, and just because his game theory is different from mine doesn't mean he's scum. Just that we disagree on how the game should be played.

Seventh is MOS. Uncontested Power Role. Successfully contested scum trying to claim his position. So far he has played smart and well. I don't see any reason at all to think he is scum.

So that's how I see the game.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:06 am

Post by Guardian »

From least to most likely to be anti-town:

Rishi -- confirmed NK role that didn't kill Night 0. Very, very clever SK (super unlikely), or definite vigilante. Also, accurate me-metagaming.

MoS -- counter claimed scum, lynched scum. His role is not confirmed... but I think it is quite likely at this point. CES could have faked claimed and MOS decided to super-gambit and fake-counter-claim, but I doubt it highly.

CTD -- His suspicions make sense, Sarcastro desperately wanted him lynched.

Kinetic -- I *still* don't understand why trumpieza was scummy, and Kinetic hasn't been that bad at all. His playing makes sense as town.

Pooky -- Investigated innocent, not clear read one way or the other other than that, and it seems likely there is a scum power role, godfather or otherwise.

VitaminR -- use a fake case to put easy pressure on me, don't like his suspicions today, and yesterday his hopping on to the Sarc wagon seemed like potential busing.

Xdaamno -- Shadow-lover/lurker, ABR killed because he was RBer of Xdaamno(?), not much interactions with dead scum.

Also, VitaminR and Xdaamno are kind of defaults; the top four I really doubt to be scum, and Pooky was an investigated innocent.

I would support a lynch/vig VitaminR/Xdaamno combo at this point.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:40 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Since I know Ibaesha will post if someone doesn't... We're waiting on Xdaamno and Vit R specifically. Please respond both of you. We'd also like to hear from CTD and everyone else, but they're not as urgent.

I was all ready to make a post and everything! Do you guys want prods or what?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:11 am

cmon guys. Let's just lynch VitR and vig Xdaamno. Kinetic just isn't worth it today. I like the way he has reacted to pressure. We have plenty of chances to win. Let's do this.
Permanent V/LA.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:08 am

Post by Guardian »

I am fine with lynching VitaminR, vig Xdaamno, although I believe Xdaamno more likely to be scum. I'd more than likely hammer VitaminR, if it came to that, though.

MoS, now that you are a 99% confirmed cop, can you explain your suspicion of trumpieza earlier, or point out to where you did and I forgot?

I remember you saying someone else would have to point it out or I'd find you scummy for pointing it out -- at this point, I'd like to understand, especially with the not insignificant chance of you being killed tonight.

mod: please prod CTD and Xdaamno
Neither has posted since Saturday.

Everyone: we need more votes. There are very few people who are viable lynch candidates today, so unless VitaminR or Xdaamno is very convincing to the contrary, let's lynch/vig them and move on.
Do not lynch me.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:20 am

Post by Rishi »

Unvote, Vote: Xdammo

I'll play along. I'll even vig VitaminR tonight. However, if Kinetic turns up scum, I reserve to the right to say, "I told you so."
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I still prefer VitR/Kinetic, as they've both claimed vanilla and are therefore our safest option.

I have to say I wasn't as enthused by Kinetic's defense as some other folks. I particularly disliked the "sword of the town" bit, particularly since it's coupled to some pretty contraditory stuff:
Kinetic wrote:I really don't think I've been scummy since I've entered the game.
Kinetic wrote:Right now Guardian, I am in a very unique position. I'm the sword of the town. Because all of my suspicions will be re-evaluated after I'm lynched.
I'm being given a free license to be scummy
to achieve rises out of players and evaluate them before I die.
Eh?

In addition, I didn't like how he went from "I think Guardian might be scum after all" to "just yoinking with ya" only to arrive at a meta others had already expressed.

And finally:
No, I don't think wanting to prevent your own lynch is anti-town. I just think he was particularly smug about it.

Having said that, I definitely want Xdaamno to make a significant contribution before we end the day.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:55 am

Post by Xdaamno »

If I eventually do get lynched/vigged/killed in whatever other way, I'd like you guys to take a
serious
look at whoever derailed the original theory and moved onto a suggested lynch/vig of myself. This obviously won't mean anything now, but remember this post. I won't throw any suspiscions due to that right now, as that's an if/then.
Guardian wrote: Shadow-lover/lurker, ABR killed because he was RBer of Xdaamno(?), not much interactions with dead scum.
That's complete BS because scum don't hold grudges. They'd kill a RBer either way, if they knew their identify.

While I'd obviously advocate Kinetic over myself, I'm not liking his lynch/vig at all. Out of everyone, I'd go for VitR/Rishi.

ZOMG SCUM PARTNERS KINETIC/XDAAMNO - I'm going to hate having to defend against that one.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:08 am

Post by Rishi »

Xdaamno wrote:While I'd obviously advocate Kinetic over myself, I'm not liking his lynch/vig at all. Out of everyone, I'd go for VitR/Rishi.
Great idea. I'll vig myself.
Xdaamno wrote:ZOMG SCUM PARTNERS KINETIC/XDAAMNO - I'm going to hate having to defend against that one.
There's only one scum left. It is really obvious that you're not paying attention to a damn thing going on in this game. And you are the one who voted for Skruffs and didn't even unvote after you were told it was a mistake.

I was somewhat borderline before, but I'll fully for this lynch now.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:22 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Rishi wrote: Great idea. I'll vig myself.
Because
obviously
I meant we should vig you? I meant we should vig VitR, and lynch you. I'd like to know what your thought process was for this statement.
Rishi wrote: There's only one scum left. It is really obvious that you're not paying attention to a damn thing going on in this game.
Is that supposed to be insulting? I'm making an effort, but it's hard to memorize who's been killed in a load of games. Plus, that's not 100% confirmed. You could be a SK for all I know.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:23 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Ah, wait... I got that wrong. No lynch/vig if we lynch the vig... durr moment. Lynch VitR, vig someone else, considering lynching the vig tommorow, because
Rishi wrote: I was somewhat borderline before, but I'll fully for this lynch now.
for a post that he didn't even point out any scum tells in is absurd.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:36 am

Post by Rishi »

You don't think suggesting a lynch of the vig is a scumtell? I'll admit you may have made a reasonable mistake, but in a game that is short in both time and posts, we are sure wasting a whole lot of both on your mistakes.

Furthermore, you were asked to claim. You didn't. That's also somewhat scummy.

And Skruffs isn't even in this game. That's the mistake you were making. If you don't know the situation in "a load of games," perhaps you should play in fewer games? Personally, I expect that people would know what is going on in a game when they're playing, or at least keep notes. Is that so wrong?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:51 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

unvote

vote Xdamno
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Guardian »

Xdaamno requesting lynching the 100% proven and not counter claimed NK-er (which all logic indicates is a vig -- he DIDN'T kill night 0) makes me even more comfortable with my vote.

Xdaamno, if you want to get a claim in, that's fine, but I would not at all object if someone hammers you before that happens. I find it *highly* likely that you are scum.

I am happy Rishi is willing to go with the plan and vig VitaminR; I will be very sad if Kinetic is in fact scum. My sig would have to be something like "Got told by Rishi". :lol:
Do not lynch me.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Guardian wrote: Xdaamno requesting lynching the 100% proven and not counter claimed NK-er (which all logic indicates is a vig -- he DIDN'T kill night 0) makes me even more comfortable with my vote.
No, I'm obviously playing this off the top of my head. If I was scum, do you think I'd expect you to go along with that?

RC: Vanilla, but it won't do me any good.

Remember my first post this page.
Check my wagons after you lynch me, if you do.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:21 pm

Xdaamno, I investigated Rishi. If he's SK, he not only didn't kill N1 (I wouldn't expect him to do that as SK. Hell, I might not have done it as SK), he also has investigation immunity.

Unvote, Vote: Xdaamno

Please vig VitaminR tonight.

End of Day 2 Vote Count

Xdaamno (5): Kinetic, Guardian, Rishi, Pooky, MoS
Kinetic (2): Xdaamno, VitR

not voting (1): CTD

Ibby gasps as Xdaamno is yanked from the cozy spot he's been dozing in all day and thrown over the back of his own horse. Xdaamno blinks and attempts to come up with some sort of excuse to explain his lack of attention. The villagers of Sunnyflower Acres aren't having any of it, though. The same rope that was used to hang the criminal bandit, Cogito Ergo Sum, is tossed around Xdaamno's neck and a collective breath is held until the crack of a whip sends Xdaamno to his demise.

Xdaamno, Commoner, has been lynched

It's now Night 3. Day 3 will begin no later than Oct 2.
Permanent V/LA.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by ibaesha »

The Final Chapter

Under the cover of darkness, the bandit propped himself against the maple tree outside the tavern and waited. He knew his target would be one of the last to leave for the night. He watched as the villagers filtered from the tavern on their way home, still singing well-known tavern songs. Once he had been one of them, drinking ale and dancing with the tavern keeper's daughters, before heading home to his beaten down shack of a home. That small amount of amusement just hadn't been enough to keep him from making a deal with his friends, for profit. Even at the expense of the lives of people he'd known all his life. They were nothing to him now though, his closest friends had died at their hands, and he'd even seen them hang one of their own. He knew his chances of survival were slim, but at the very least, he'd see to it that one more would die at his hands. It was time. Near the last of the villagers had made their way down the path from the tavern. He knocked an arrow quietly, and aimed at the tavern door. He'd have to make a perfect shot if he was going to succeed.

One villager always waited until the rest had left the tavern before making his own exit. He generally chose one to follow each night, in hopes of either defending them from the bandits on the road or discovering if they were a bandit themselves. This habit had only proven to be useful once and he'd bloodied his sword, killing a bandit who had given himself away when he had snuck off into the woods. This night, he knew that there was a good chance he would be the one whose life was forfeit, so he left the tavern through the cellar containing a small unknown hatch-door that opened a short distance from the maple tree. As he lifted it, it made a horrid screech and he rolled his eyes. So much for an attempt at stealth, he should've known better anyways. He pulled himself through the opening anyways, making an even worse racket.

The bandit spun around at the noise nearby, and immediately took aim in the direction of the sound. It was difficult to see much in the darkness, the tavern lights had been extinquished. Even so, he was able to make out the large figure that seemed to be pulling itself out of the earth itself. "Ha", he thought. It was strange that his target hadn't left the tavern before lights out. "That big oaf thought he could fool me." Despite his inability to get the perfect shot as he had hoped, the bandit loosed an arrow at the figure as it stood upright. As he figured, the arrow penetrated, but didn't kill. He knocked another and took aim again. However, his hiding spot had been revealed and his intended victim was moving towards him at an alarming rate for someone so large.

The Knight looked down at the arrow sticking from his armor and took hold of it, breaking it off and tossed it to the ground. In the same fluid motion, he grasped his sword, unsheathing it and headed straight for the maple tree. He knew the bandit was hiding there somewhere, but it was difficult to see in the darkness. Another arrow pierced his coif, and he felt a sharp sting, but he never faltered as he bounded towards the tree. He glimpsed a slight movement as the bandit knocked another arrow. The Knight knew there was no way he'd make it to take his attacker at melee, before the bandit got another shot off so he raised his sword, pointed it at the bandit, and threw.

Just as his last arrow was set loose, the bandit was skewered by the heavy sword and pinned to the tree. He grasped the hilt of the sword sticking from his torso, but knew it was of no use. He coughed, then chuckled as his arrow pierced the Knight's eye, falling the large man instantly.

Rishi, Knight, has been shot

VitaminR, Bandit, has been impaled

The remaining villagers of Sunnyflower Acres are finally safe from the criminals and Ibby has finished her book!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”