Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

I'll be gone, starting now, until Saturday afternoon.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by distad »

Hey, come on guys...

I'm well beyond any constructive analysis at this point 8) , but isn't anyone else going to add something before the deadline? 7.5 hours?
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:41 pm

Post by Atticus »

I don't have the time to read the whole game right now, but I'm going to stick with the d3sisted lynch.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:04 pm

Post by distad »

6 more hours...

Maybe at some point in the next couple of days you can have a look at the last 5-6 pages and see if there's something else to pick apart.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by Raffles »

I'm not feeling this lynch, reasons are weak, easy to oppose but virtually no opposition.

Vote: ChronX
Woof!
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:06 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

After much deliberation the town settled on lynching d3sisted. Having strung him up and then pulled the lever, they were all horrified to notice he was

d3sisted, vanilla townie, town

It is now night phase, all roles in by 11pm UK time Sunday 23rd. 5pm Forum time.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:21 am

Post by theopor_COD »

9 of you awake.

To find the dead body of Raffles buried deep in the ditch.

Raffles, Vanilla Townie, Town Aligned

NEW DEADLINE IS 10 DAYS FROM NOW.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:56 am

Post by d3sisted »

Damnit you guys! Lynching a V/LA won't give you anything!

Bah! Go town!
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:02 am

Post by Raffles »

SLAUGHTER THEM!
Woof!
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:51 pm

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Well, no one else has seemed to respond to the game so I'll start off by saying woohoo, we lost a vanilla townie and not a power role! And a townie who wasn't posting much anyways.

All things considered (a favorite program of my by the way), I'm happy, although thoroughly distressed at the idea that one of the supposed masons wasn't NKed. It's already hurting my head, but the WIFOM implications are vast. I'll have to think on it a bit to see why they weren't killed and what it implies. It would have been so much easier if they would have just killed one of the masons...
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:43 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

well this is rich, neither one of us was NKed, YOU SCREWED UP MAFIA.

The think that they will be able to push a case against Pigg or I to get the town to do their dirty work. I dont think they will fall for it. I am interested to see who will push the case out of the gate. I am so tempted to vote Chronx, but the fact they took out Raffles (whose last post was a vote on Chronx) and Chornx would most likely come after Pigg and I day 2 seems like a set up. Lets say Chronx is town...I go after Chronx Day 2, Chronx goes after Pigg or I..that will pretty much leave everyone untouched Day 2....think it is a set up, not sure though.

going to reread, it is going to be interesting to see who actively and passively pushing a mason lynch Day 2.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:18 am

Post by Gorgon »

Yes, this is indeed an odd development.

It's a good thing that both of the guys we lost are vanillas. Yes, I know it's supposedly a scumtell to express sentiments over who gets killed, but I really am glad. Also, one of the positive aspects of townies dying, obviously, is that their past words and actions are confirmed as that of a townie. We still have to judge for ourselves whether they have merit or not, but at least we know they're not lies or deception.

It's annoying that Raffles didn't state his case against ChronX - now we'll never now why he voted him ... but cdk's theory that he was killed to setup ChronX is interesting. We have to be careful here. But maybe ChronX really is scum, and this is what he
wants
us to think ... damn WIFOM. Or he just wanted to take out someone who could go after him forcefully today. Another possible reason for killing Raffles is that he opposed the d3sisted lynch. Since d3sisted was actually town, eliminating anyone who stands out by not having gone with lynching him helps blur the lines between scum and town. As it stands, BM is the only living guy who opposed it, although opposing a popular lynch can also be a tactic to look town; you know the guy's town, so when he really comes up as town, you'll look good the next day.

I find it unlikely that cdk and MR.PiGG aren't actually Masons. If cdk really is scum, he was taking a huge gamble on the fact that there might actually be real Masons out there who could take them down. It's possible of course, but it's more likely IMO that they are Masons, and that the scum are trying to muddy the waters by springing the WIFOM trap ... in a quick game, I can see this as a tactic to distract us from finding the real scum.

If we are in agreement that we probably have two confirmed innocents out of nine players, things are looking pretty good right now.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:27 am

Post by Gorgon »

EBWOP: Dammit, I keep calling ckd cdk ... I'll try to avoid that as much as possible.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:38 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Still trying to absorb everything, but here are some initial thoughts. First thing I wanted to do is try and assess where we stand. I'm thinking we probably started with 9 townies and 3 scum -- I can't see starting with an 8:4 ratio considering we began with a NK and it's a speed game. That would put the town at too severe a disadvantage. So far we know:

=Confused=: Doctor
d3sisted: Vanilla Townie
Raffles: Vanilla Townie

We've also possibly got:

curiouskarmadog: Mason
Mr.PiGG: Mason

For argument's sake, let's say we believe the mason claim for now. We're left with 7 players, 3 of whom would likely be scum and 1 of whom would likely be a Cop. We could also have a vigilante, role-blocker and/or Godfather out there as well. I don't think a serial killer is likely given how the first two nights have gone. My best guess is that out of those 7 players we have 3 scum, 2 vanillas and 2 townie power roles.

Now, the above assumes we believe the mason claim. Should we? I'm inclined to say "yes", at least for today. First, CKD making that claim would have been a huge gamble for limited benefit; I think it would be a very odd play to make if he were scum. Also, if we assume the claim is legit I can see why the scum would not NK them last night. While confirmed townies are bad for the scum since it narrows our focus, CKD and Mr.PiGG are hardly confirmed. Simply by letting them live the scum have raised serious doubts about their towniness and opened us up to WIFOM discussion.

Further, masons aren't nearly as dangerous as a Cop and we most likely have one on our side, plus possibly another power role as well. I think it makes sense for the scum to make a random killing to try and kill the Cop (or other power role) since they could get lucky and nail a dangerous power role while at the same time opening up the possibility that we would take out CKD or Mr.PiGG and do some of their dirty work for them. I'm certainly not clearing CKD or PiGG -- I think there is still plenty to doubt about the claim -- but I don't think they should be our top targets today.

I think our best bet is to focus on the 7 living, unclaimed players. That's Battle Mage, Hang 'em High, Sonicpulsar, Gorgon, ChronX, Atticus and distad. When I have a little more time, those are the folks I'm going to take a closer look at (well, except myself obviously).
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:21 am

Post by distad »

While I certainly don't advocate cheering that the two 'deceased' are 'only' vanilla, we are rather fortunate that a cop/vig/etc didn't get killed.

On top of HeH's analysis, I just don't believe that we have an SK at all. If there actually is a 3-person mafia as he suggests, adding an SK would be weighted WAY too heavily against town. I don't buy it.

I'm also inclined to believe the mason's claim, if only because we probably do have something like that to help swing the balance back toward town. My only guess as to why scum wouldn't have taken them out is because it would have proved that the remaining one definitely was town, as opposed to having two probablies. It's all WIFOM, though. It just seems HIGHLY unlikely (and potentially costly) that ckd would claim mason as scum to provide an 'alibi' for PiGG. Of course, if it were a gambit, it worked amazingly well.

I'll join in and give a player-by-player analysis hopefully later today at work.

9 alive, 5 to lynch, and it seems that the deadline is Wed, Oct 3 at 1:21pm Pacific Time -- 9:21pm England Time (correct?)
Show
I will likely be posting far less than I used to for personal/professional reasons.

Distad's Law: No posting after 7 drinks!
Open 36:
Um... I'm the champion of inebriated posting and I will challenge any comers to that.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:22 am

Post by Gorgon »

Hang 'em High wrote:Simply by letting them live the scum have raised serious doubts about their towniness and opened us up to WIFOM discussion.
This sounds like you know for sure that the scum are actually someone other than the claimed Masons.

Explain pls.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:00 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Gorgon wrote:
Hang 'em High wrote:Simply by letting them live the scum have raised serious doubts about their towniness and opened us up to WIFOM discussion.
This sounds like you know for sure that the scum are actually someone other than the claimed Masons.

Explain pls.
I don't know that at all and certainly didn't mean to imply so. Earlier in the post you quote I said:
Hang 'em High wrote:For argument's sake, let's say we believe the mason claim for now.
My whole post was working under the assumption that the mason claim was legit. For reasons I stated in that post, I tend to think it was. However, later my post I said:
Hang 'em High wrote:I'm certainly not clearing CKD or PiGG -- I think there is still plenty to doubt about the claim -- but I don't think they should be our top targets today.
So, to answer your question -- I don't know whether the claimed masons are scum or not. The jury is still out. However, I think it is more likely they are telling the truth than lying, so at this point I think our focus should be elsewhere.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:09 am

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:well this is rich, neither one of us was NKed, YOU SCREWED UP MAFIA.

The think that they will be able to push a case against Pigg or I to get the town to do their dirty work. I dont think they will fall for it. I am interested to see who will push the case out of the gate. I am so tempted to vote Chronx, but the fact they took out Raffles (whose last post was a vote on Chronx) and Chornx would most likely come after Pigg and I day 2 seems like a set up. Lets say Chronx is town...I go after Chronx Day 2, Chronx goes after Pigg or I..that will pretty much leave everyone untouched Day 2....think it is a set up, not sure though.

going to reread, it is going to be interesting to see who actively and passively pushing a mason lynch Day 2.
Sure you aren't overplaying this a little CKD? I mean, come on! We aren't stupid-we know what your survival means. You appear to be setting up for an attack on anybody who attacks you, which is scummy. I dont find your survival atall suspicious. I mean, most half-decent scumgroups would want to avoid leaving a confirmed townie, when there was a possibility of lynching 1 and NKing the other. The disadvantage of lynching a mason, is that the other will almost certainly be NKed. Of course, should we have this WIFOM at LyLo, we could be in a difficult position with regard to them. I think it might be wise to leave the whole 'attacking us is scummy' thing for now. By all means take notes, and post them once you are confirmed, but in the meantime, anything you say on that issue is WIFOM to the rest of us, and so doesnt hold much value.

You might be better placed looking at those who AREN'T pushing the mason lynch until this point. Imo, scum are more likely to suck up to protown power roles, than directly oppose them. They will only go for a lynch on them, once they are sure that it is achievable.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

how is it an 'odd' development?

In my opinion, perhaps the greatest positive we have got from the night is that the guy who died was acting incredibly scummy before the deadline. In fact, i genuinely cringed when i saw his last post-even moving him upto second scummiest player (behind Gorgon). So, i'm pleased that there is 1 less person high on my target list, as it means that we have a better chance of a good lynch today. I dont really see why Raffles was killed actually-unless the scum wanted to set up the argument that Gorgon is suggesting, or they really considered him a threat.
Gorgon also makes a good point about Raffles position on the Desisted lynch might have something to do with it, which would suggest that the wagon on Desisted was riddled with scum.

I also agree with what Gorgon is saying about the masons. Personally, i dont think we should look at them today. If we have a Cop, i highly reccommend that they come forward, if they can prove that the claimed masons are in fact scum. Otherwise, we should leave them till tomorrow at least. I find it hard to see 2 scumbags claiming masons, unless there was a 3rd member (which is likely anyway). We could be dealing with mafia power-roles here, which i am a little wary of.

I'm very interested to hear the logic behind what HeH is suggesting to be the game setup. As far as i can tell, having that many protown power roles would severely unbalance the game.

I'm a little unsure what to do now. Gorgon remains my top suspect, and yet his play today has seemed genuinely protown. I probably need to read some of the other unconfirmed players as well, but first i'd like to see some sort of player analysis from everyone. I'd especially like to see people's opinions towards:

ChronX
Distad
Gorgon
Battle Mage (me)

thanks in advance,
BM
Gorgon wrote:Yes, this is indeed an odd development.

It's a good thing that both of the guys we lost are vanillas. Yes, I know it's supposedly a scumtell to express sentiments over who gets killed, but I really am glad. Also, one of the positive aspects of townies dying, obviously, is that their past words and actions are confirmed as that of a townie. We still have to judge for ourselves whether they have merit or not, but at least we know they're not lies or deception.

It's annoying that Raffles didn't state his case against ChronX - now we'll never now why he voted him ... but cdk's theory that he was killed to setup ChronX is interesting. We have to be careful here. But maybe ChronX really is scum, and this is what he
wants
us to think ... damn WIFOM. Or he just wanted to take out someone who could go after him forcefully today. Another possible reason for killing Raffles is that he opposed the d3sisted lynch. Since d3sisted was actually town, eliminating anyone who stands out by not having gone with lynching him helps blur the lines between scum and town. As it stands, BM is the only living guy who opposed it, although opposing a popular lynch can also be a tactic to look town; you know the guy's town, so when he really comes up as town, you'll look good the next day.

I find it unlikely that cdk and MR.PiGG aren't actually Masons. If cdk really is scum, he was taking a huge gamble on the fact that there might actually be real Masons out there who could take them down. It's possible of course, but it's more likely IMO that they are Masons, and that the scum are trying to muddy the waters by springing the WIFOM trap ... in a quick game, I can see this as a tactic to distract us from finding the real scum.

If we are in agreement that we probably have two confirmed innocents out of nine players, things are looking pretty good right now.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:50 am

Post by Gorgon »

Battle Mage wrote:how is it an 'odd' development?
Because I really was expecting a claimed mason to end up dead, as per people's suggestion that the scum wouldn't want to risk keeping them both alive, and because I believed the claim. I haven't seen many games with masons, and I've certainly never seen a game where there are two claimed masons on day 1, so I went with the expectations already voiced.

With regards to HeH's explanation, I can see how he could have got carried away with his assumption that the mason claim was real, and thus not minded his phrasing. I was mostly testing his reaction ... and I'm keeping my eye on him, not least because as he was one of the guys Raffles went after yesterday. The same applies to BM, although I'm not sure how much of that was just personal antagonism ... but I do know that he wasn't the only one to call BM scummy for dragging the NK discussion along.

Raffles is an experienced player and a good scumhunter, from what I've seen. Now that we know he's town I think it's likely that he must have been onto something. 100% of what he had to say can't all be crap, IMO. The same applies to d3sisted. At least now I know two people whose words I can trust, even if they're dead.

Btw, why was Raffles scummy in your opinion, BM? I saw him as very aggressive, which is supposedly town-like. The most dubious thing was voting ChronX without explanation, but I'm sure that was mostly due to time constraints.

I'm trying to play more aggressively today, since I got called on my lack of assertiveness at the end of yesterday. We really need to bag a scumbag today or we'll be at Lylo tomorrow, and mucking around isn't helpful. I will review and post some player analyses later today.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

fair enough. I would merely reccommend that you take everything said by a dead guy with a pinch of salt. Yes, Raffles was almost certainly being honest, but he didnt actually have any knowledge by the look of it. If he was a Cop or something, it would be different, but as it stands, this stinks of a setup to me.

The reason i felt Raffles was so scummy was mainly down to his last post. I didnt have time to comment before the deadline, but when i read it, it absolutely reeked of distancing from a mislynch. As it goes, i was wrong with this suspicion, but i guess being right about Desisted cancels it out right?

I've italiced and underlined a part of your post which i find a little fishy. I cant seem to shake the feeling that you are scum. :oops:

BM
Gorgon wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:how is it an 'odd' development?
Because I really was expecting a claimed mason to end up dead, as per people's suggestion that the scum wouldn't want to risk keeping them both alive, and because I believed the claim. I haven't seen many games with masons, and I've certainly never seen a game where there are two claimed masons on day 1, so I went with the expectations already voiced.

With regards to HeH's explanation, I can see how he could have got carried away with his assumption that the mason claim was real, and thus not minded his phrasing. I was mostly testing his reaction ... and I'm keeping my eye on him, not least because as he was one of the guys Raffles went after yesterday. The same applies to BM, although I'm not sure how much of that was just personal antagonism ... but I do know that he wasn't the only one to call BM scummy for dragging the NK discussion along.

Raffles is an experienced player and a good scumhunter, from what I've seen. Now that we know he's town I think it's likely that he must have been onto something. 100% of what he had to say can't all be crap, IMO. The same applies to d3sisted. At least now I know two people whose words I can trust, even if they're dead.

Btw, why was Raffles scummy in your opinion, BM?
I saw him as very aggressive, which is supposedly town-like
. The most dubious thing was voting ChronX without explanation, but I'm sure that was mostly due to time constraints.

I'm trying to play more aggressively today
, since I got called on my lack of assertiveness at the end of yesterday. We really need to bag a scumbag today or we'll be at Lylo tomorrow, and mucking around isn't helpful. I will review and post some player analyses later today.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:32 am

Post by Gorgon »

Battle Mage wrote:fair enough. I would merely reccommend that you take everything said by a dead guy with a pinch of salt. Yes, Raffles was almost certainly being honest, but he didnt actually have any knowledge by the look of it. If he was a Cop or something, it would be different, but as it stands, this stinks of a setup to me.
Yes, I will take the dead guys' words with a grain of salt and look at things from my own perspective, and yes, they didn't have any more knowledge than the rest of us, but it does help to have the words of an experienced confirmed pro-town player at hand. I'm not going to throw it all out - it will be taken into consideration when I analyse the game.

Also, you're certainly not a disinterested party here. Both Raffles and d3sisted were suspicious of
you
for the NK discussion early on, and how you flipflopped over the issue of how important it was.
Battle Mage wrote:As it goes, i was wrong with this suspicion, but i guess being right about Desisted cancels it out right?
Perhaps. As you say yourself, opposing the d3sisted lynch could have been scum distancing.
Battle Mage wrote:I've italiced and underlined a part of your post which i find a little fishy. I cant seem to shake the feeling that you are scum. :oops:
lol yes ... when you put those together like that, it does look fishy. But the reason why I'm trying to play more aggressively is not primarily so I will
look
more townlike - it's so I will actually do the town some good ... although I'm sure you'll agree that looking townlike is certainly a concern for town as well as scum. It's frustrating to play as town, trying the best you can, and then get called scummy at the end of the day. It also draws attention away from the real scumbags. I'm hoping this day will be better.

I'm still trying to find my rhythm here, and getting experienced people's perspective on what benefits the town, what looks scummy, etc. helps me with that. I found it a little odd that you were calling Raffles scummy, when he was doing what I'm led to believe a good townie must do, and what I'm now trying to do ... being agressive. But yeah, his last post before his death was the number one scummy thing he did ... I agree with that. Just wanted to be sure.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:40 am

Post by distad »

BM wrote: I'm very interested to hear the logic behind what HeH is suggesting to be the game setup. As far as i can tell, having that many protown power roles would severely unbalance the game.
I keep kicking this around... We've been running under the assumption that both masons are town. What if one of the masons is scum? Considering PiGG's play through D1, this seems at least very possible to me. I doubt that CKD would claim mason for himself and PiGG if CKD were the scum-mason. If we do, in fact, have a scum-mason, I bet that it is PiGG.

I agree with BM that if a cop can nail one of the two of them as scum that it would behoove the town to know it, but if a cop can identify one as town, I don't think it would be as beneficial to claim this early. Losing a claimed mason (and confirming the other) is much better than confirming the two masons and losing a cop to an NK, IMHO.
Show
I will likely be posting far less than I used to for personal/professional reasons.

Distad's Law: No posting after 7 drinks!
Open 36:
Um... I'm the champion of inebriated posting and I will challenge any comers to that.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorgon wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:fair enough. I would merely reccommend that you take everything said by a dead guy with a pinch of salt. Yes, Raffles was almost certainly being honest, but he didnt actually have any knowledge by the look of it. If he was a Cop or something, it would be different, but as it stands, this stinks of a setup to me.
Yes, I will take the dead guys' words with a grain of salt and look at things from my own perspective, and yes, they didn't have any more knowledge than the rest of us, but it does help to have the words of an experienced confirmed pro-town player at hand. I'm not going to throw it all out - it will be taken into consideration when I analyse the game.

Also, you're certainly not a disinterested party here. Both Raffles and d3sisted were suspicious of
you
for the NK discussion early on, and how you flipflopped over the issue of how important it was.
Battle Mage wrote:As it goes, i was wrong with this suspicion, but i guess being right about Desisted cancels it out right?
Perhaps. As you say yourself, opposing the d3sisted lynch could have been scum distancing.
Battle Mage wrote:I've italiced and underlined a part of your post which i find a little fishy. I cant seem to shake the feeling that you are scum. :oops:
lol yes ... when you put those together like that, it does look fishy. But the reason why I'm trying to play more aggressively is not primarily so I will
look
more townlike - it's so I will actually do the town some good ... although I'm sure you'll agree that looking townlike is certainly a concern for town as well as scum. It's frustrating to play as town, trying the best you can, and then get called scummy at the end of the day. It also draws attention away from the real scumbags. I'm hoping this day will be better.

I'm still trying to find my rhythm here, and getting experienced people's perspective on what benefits the town, what looks scummy, etc. helps me with that. I found it a little odd that you were calling Raffles scummy, when he was doing what I'm led to believe a good townie must do, and what I'm now trying to do ... being agressive. But yeah, his last post before his death was the number one scummy thing he did ... I agree with that. Just wanted to be sure.
I dont think anyone could describe me as 'disinterested' here. I also stand by the comment that you should not use the comments of a dead player as evidence behind suspicion (ESPECIALLY if that player was NKed). With lynched players, it is slightly more acceptable, as there is less likely to be a motive behind their death.

And yes, i entirely agree that my play with regard Desisted could have been distancing. However, if it was, i didnt do especially well. I might have pushed an alternative wagon, but at deadline, i certainly could have made more of a show of not voting for Desisted.

I really dont think you should take my suspicion of you as an insult on your PLAY. Regardless of your affiliation, you have been a helpful player. However, looking scummy is often something that is natural to us. I believe i've said before-i am one of the biggest offenders of this. It sucks to be misunderstood, but thats the way it goes. If you die, and you come up town in this game, all the players here will use that knowledge when they play with you elsewhere. Thats adaptive meta-gaming! :)

I should also remind you here that aggression is not always protown. In fact, in my experience, when i play aggressively, i often get lynched more. People see aggression, and they think scum. It can also annoy people if you appear jumpy and agitated, and you get lynched. Still, i agree that aggression can be a sign of genuine scumhunting. I'm just saying that it could also be construed as scummy.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:58 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Battle Mage wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:well this is rich, neither one of us was NKed, YOU SCREWED UP MAFIA.

Sure you aren't overplaying this a little CKD? I mean, come on! We aren't stupid-we know what your survival means. You appear to be setting up for an attack on anybody who attacks you, which is scummy. I dont find your survival atall suspicious. I mean, most half-decent scumgroups would want to avoid leaving a confirmed townie, when there was a possibility of lynching 1 and NKing the other. The disadvantage of lynching a mason, is that the other will almost certainly be NKed. Of course, should we have this WIFOM at LyLo, we could be in a difficult position with regard to them. I think it might be wise to leave the whole 'attacking us is scummy' thing for now. By all means take notes, and post them once you are confirmed, but in the meantime, anything you say on that issue is WIFOM to the rest of us, and so doesnt hold much value.

You might be better placed looking at those who AREN'T pushing the mason lynch until this point. Imo, scum are more likely to suck up to protown power roles, than directly oppose them. They will only go for a lynch on them, once they are sure that it is achievable.

BM
I must admit that when I first read the post, I was put off..then someone (gorgon?) mentioned that maybe the mafia didnt hit us for other reasons that I didnt even consider, so it really was in the mafia's interest to NOT lynch us. So I have to agree with most of this post...I agree that there will need to be some tough decisions made. I hope we do not get to lylo.
Battle Mage wrote:

I also agree with what Gorgon is saying about the masons. Personally, i dont think we should look at them today. If we have a Cop, i highly reccommend that they come forward, if they can prove that the claimed masons are in fact scum. Otherwise, we should leave them till tomorrow at least. I find it hard to see 2 scumbags claiming masons, unless there was a 3rd member (which is likely anyway). We could be dealing with mafia power-roles here, which i am a little wary of.
Don’t know how I feel about a cop claim quite yet. The cop has had two nights to investigate, that information would be very helpful. But I do not want to lose the cop yet. Hopefully if we get ready to mislynch a townie that he knows is innocent he will come forth, but whether he should come out before then…I don’t know.
Gorgon wrote:
This struck me as odd. How do you know Raffles is an experienced player and a good scumhunter? Have you been in a game with him before?
distad wrote:
I agree with BM that if a cop can nail one of the two of them as scum that it would behoove the town to know it, but if a cop can identify one as town, I don't think it would be as beneficial to claim this early. Losing a claimed mason (and confirming the other) is much better than confirming the two masons and losing a cop to an NK, IMHO.
Interesting, as I said before. I can not quote PMs..but we are both town and we both know each other as town. So if one of us is scum or town so is the other. You will just have to take my word on this. I do not think the cop should come out yet, unless someone is about to be lynched that he knows to be pro town…or he has a scum hit.

Battle Mage wrote:

I should also remind you here that aggression is not always protown. In fact, in my experience, when i play aggressively, i often get lynched more. People see aggression, and they think scum. It can also annoy people if you appear jumpy and agitated, and you get lynched. Still, i agree that aggression can be a sign of genuine scumhunting. I'm just saying that it could also be construed as scummy.

BM
also, I just got lynched (day 1) in a newbie game where I played super agressive, and the reason most commonly provided for that lynch was because I was "very aggressive"...

also

MOD can we please get a prod or a replacement for PIGG?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”