heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:44 pm

Post by heatherlou »

I'd be inclined to think the SK hasn't posted yet either, that they saw the game started and sent in their kill. I don't think they wanna post because I don't think they wanna be questioned, even on a random vote, or get pressured too much in the case of posts after the SK kill.
unvote, vote: m4yhem
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by heatherlou »

well yeah and it would make sense that the SK kill was random cause they don't care, they have to kill everyone to win.
Rooting out scum is a lot harder with such a strict death deadline!
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by heatherlou »

Mgm is acting super scummy to me. I realize there have been lots of exchanges between HazzelQ and Mgm, but coming out of them the one thing that stands out to me is that Mgm up and changed their mind. The flip-flopping on the lynch v. no lynch is the most scummy for me. From the SK kill Mgm all you've been saying is how we need to get someone up there cause we're on a deadline. I just don't understand the sudden change in heart. I know Mirth mentioned her reasons for a no-lynch, were they that convincing to you?
But there again, I don't know what to think about the voting for someone, then killing them as the SK. I think that is so scummy that you wouldn't do it.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by heatherlou »

Yeah, I am reading your posts. Particularly post #110, which comes close after you say this:
I'm antsy all right! We're on a deadline and if nothing happens and the SK doesn't stay on target in killing mafia, we're toast after a mere 4 death townies. Don't you think a townie would get restless with an impending deadline?
I thought that was a pretty damn good idea. Then mirth expressed some questions about pushing for a lynch. Particularly:
I don't really see how not having a lynch before the SK's deadline is a bad thing (as long as when we do decide to lynch it falls on a deadline) in a nightless game. Please explain it to me? Why hurry?
Instead of explaining right then, you just kind of sit it out and don't answer her question. You just say:
Not having a lynch actually starts to sound like a good option
In fact, at the beginning of that post, you're still advocating for a lynch, cause you don't want to be waiting too long to lynch scum, which is a good point. Then a few posts later you answer hazzelq (post 122) with a more coherent idea about why you're abandoning the push for a lynch (and not a quick lynch). That inital switch is what I'm saying is scummy.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:32 pm

Post by heatherlou »

You're right mirth, my post didn't come down to a very good point.
The point was answering MGM that, yes I read his posts, and I think switching was a scummy move, even if they did eventually explain it, the switch was sudden and remained unexplained in the post where they switched.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by heatherlou »

Ok, I'm thinking I'm WIFOM'ing myself to death with this game. I don't like voting unless I'm airtight on my reasoning. Mgm, I don't think my reasoning with you is tight (hence my super confusing ass posts). This is why i haven't voted. Hazzel is still looking scummy to me. I don't like his confusing of the games or the aggressive nature he's been having with the last posts. All of this has been said and I agree with it.
HazzelQ wrote: Ok, you need to read what happened again. I posted directly after I made that mistake, before anyone else said anything about it. Oh, and also- #1 is total fallacy dude since I am not scum.
I don't think pointing out the mixing up makes it any less of a scummy move. It wouldn't have gotten by anyway, even if you hadn't pointed it out, especally twice.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:15 am

Post by heatherlou »

vote: HazzelQ
For mixing up games and generally acting really defensive at the beginning of the questioning. I don't think pointing out the mixing up makes it any less of a scummy move. It wouldn't have gotten by anyway, even if you hadn't pointed it out, especally twice.
Damn right I'm lurking, this game has been nothing but back and forth arguments and I think we just need to lynch cause we're all grasping at straws.
As for other scum, I have no concrete ideas
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by heatherlou »

I was waiting for more from Hazzel after I made my initial post of thinking Hazzel was scum. I've seen that and didn't realize so much time had gone by since I voted. It looks like I've been waiting forever to make up my mind, when in fact I've had my mind made up. Mgm reminded me I should just vote instead of holding it back.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by heatherlou »

Honestly, I thought we had this in the bag. I am standing behind my HazzelQ lynch. Especally with all this vote jumping going on, I personally think it is imparitive to get a scum lynch by deadline. While it would be nice to lynch the SK, i think they are gonna be harder to find/agree on. I think Hazzel is mafia, not the SK, but I think they are (or at least were) the most agreed on lynch, so that we can get some scum out of the way. I don't have a full on scum list. Out of the Kinetic/CKD arguement, I'd be more inclinced to agree with Kinetic. however I'm not sure on either of you. CKD your total encouragement of finding the SK above all else seems scummy to me. I see what you're trying to say because the SK is the one killing all of us, but town doesn't win until we find all the scum. Lynching scum of any kind is important.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by heatherlou »

I am so happy we lynched a mafia member! But unfortunately we lost another townie. I kind of thought the SK would continue to lynch lurkers, but they took CKD up on the offer....I need to re-read as well. I've got my eye on kinetic for putting such a strong case on CKD, however kinetic you're right you were pushing for hazzel as well so you're not huge on my list. This is a hard hunt to me. Be back with more thoughts.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:11 am

Post by heatherlou »

I am not the most serious lurker here. I turned my vote on HQ because I thought he was scum, and he was. I don't think that's putting him under a bus as a scum buddy. What that is to me is I had a little doubt towards HQ so I decided to withhold my vote. Mgm called me out on it, and I wanted a lynch, so I voted him.
Kinetic, you were ready to vote HQ to lynch him, then at the last minute you try and turn the lynch around to CKD. When you find you can't get a good bandwagon started, you fly back to HQ, then just kill CKD as the SK. That is scummy in my book.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:41 am

Post by heatherlou »

Kinetic wrote: So, let me get this straight:

First, you just off-hand say lurking isn't scummy, because there are people lurking more than you.

So just because you say you didn't bus him, you didn't? I don't believe it.

A little doubt? Please, you were completely on HQ's side, and then when things began to turn you did a little dance, and all of a sudden voted for him. Exactly like you say though, MGM called you on it, and you got scared, so you voted.

Ha, so now you try and turn my suspicions back on me? Please. The entire day I found both CKD and HQ scummy. I explained so completely. If I was teamscum with HQ, wouldn't it have made more sense for me to have initially voted CKD? I kept on HQ, and then when things started rolling on HQ, the way CKD reacted really caused alarms to go off in my head. I felt he was even scummier than HQ at that point. So I wanted to see if we could pressure him. I admit, I was wrong about him, but look at the posts. CKD WAS acting scummy as hell, and I wasn't the only one who thought so.

And I'm surprised at how everyone all of a sudden thinks I'm the SK, yesterday everyone thought I was scummy because they thought I was teamscum with CKD... now that that has been proven false everyone is scrambling to find some way I could still be scummy.

I think anyone jumping on me thinking I'm the SK is scummy. Heather, I'm even more convinced now that you are scum. I'm still not sure, mafia or SK, but I'm leaning toward mafia now.
Well, I don't know any other way to prove to you I wasn't bussing HQ.
And please let me know when I was 100% completely for HQ? You make it sound like I was a freakin cheerleader all over HQ. I was not. I was more passionate about voting for him then I ever was when I was unsure of his scumminess.
If I was HQ's scumbuddy, there would be no reason for me to be so vehement against him. I could just be kind of wavering and then vote for him. Would still cast suspicion away from me without giving me a concrete position. What you are proposing I did by throwing my fellow scum under a bus so completely just wouldn't be a good strategy for a scummy person.

I believe the case against me presented by Kinetic is clearly to get some pressure off of him. He's, in all aspects, trying to make me look more extreme than I really am. Raffles, you just stated you have not seen me come up with an original opinion. How can I be extreme and at the same time not come up with an original opinion?
vote: Kinetic
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #453 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:55 am

Post by heatherlou »

I have a hard time defending myself because of my horrible lack of posting. You guys don't even really have that much fodder to go off of for scum tells from me.
I put kinetic at L-1 because I'm sure he's a good lynch. I really don't think we're mislynching here.
Kinetic, The only reason I'm coming back 'with a vengence' (and even then it's still hard for me to post as frequently as cases against me keep coming up) is because I've been newbie-ing this game to the extreme, because there are so many active and opinionated players in here. This whole thing is all about making mountains out of molehills and I'm not that type of person.
Mirth, I've been defending kinetic's accusations since post 422. I systematically addressed everything he accused me of.
I am not the lynch for today. All you guys really have to go off of is that i suck at playing mafia and I haven't spoken much. This will be a mislynch if you lynch me.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #547 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by heatherlou »

Ok I'm here. I lost my internet connection unexpectedly. Thank you for not lynching me, and now you know despite my crappy defenses that I wasn't mafia! Raffles surprised me, I was getting huge pro-town vibes from them. So at least we're not in LYLO because of how the SK killed.
You shouldn't lynch me because it would be a bad move for the town, and fruitless.
I thought Kinetic was mafia too....I don't feel that kinetic is the SK, cause I am almost positive he would have killed me any way he could have. I'm not going to go quick voting, now this game is getting down to the wire.
Mirth, I don't agree. Kinetic was pretty hard on me as mafia and I didn't die at night.
Mgm, are you basically convinced the SK is someone who wouldn't contribute? Or are you just voting for me to get rid of a player who isn't as talkative?
To me, the SK could be any and everyone. At this point I'm only sure of my own innocence--but, because of how much power the SK has with kills, I don't feel they would be a lurker. They would have a vested interest in the game because it's a fun role for them. I think they could stick their necks out the easiest without having to worry about getting a finger pointed at them, because their kills don't have to be systematic.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #553 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:43 am

Post by heatherlou »

Mgm wrote:Why would Kinetic have killed you? It's far more fruitful to kill an active player and if he thought you were mafia, strategically, it was better to keep you alive to help get rid of one more townie to strengthen his odds.
The SK doesn't increase any odds if they keep mafia alive as opposed to town. Not that I can see any way. Or are you saying because I am less active that it would be better for the SK to keep me alive?
Mgm wrote: I think it's a serious possibility that the SK lurked, after all, the more you say, the easier you can slip up and an SK has no buddies to back him up. If they're not in danger of lynching, shutting up might well have been a good strategy. I do however, think that after the Raffles kill, he knew that lurking was dangerous now, so I expect the SK -if they lurked to be chattier than before. Hence my suspicions of you.

I'm still not seeing it. I still think not lurking would be more benificial to the SK because, if they were an especally persuasive person, they could run the whole game, night and day.
Mgm wrote:As I said, the SK has no backup, sticking their neck out can get them killed if a few too many people find it suspicious. I doubt the SK would risk their life to take a gamble.
They have no need to risk their life. Even kinetic, who has been one of the most active players in the game, is getting suspicions known and listened to without having to risk their life. Kinetic has been to L-1 sure, but the activity that kinetic generates also provides them with people who support them enough to make sure they don't get quicklynched. In this last case that was Mirth.
Mirth wrote:So by those criteria, Heather, who do you think is most likely the SK.
Well, by those criteria, it would be either you, Mgm or kinetic. As I said in my last post, I have no huge suspicions on any particular person.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #560 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:43 pm

Post by heatherlou »

Kinetic wrote:
heatherlou wrote:
Mirth wrote:So by those criteria, Heather, who do you think is most likely the SK.
Well, by those criteria, it would be either you, Mgm or kinetic. As I said in my last post, I have no huge suspicions on any particular person.
And I find this interesting. This is directly conflicting with what you said earlier. First you're sure I'm not the SK, now I'm in your top 3?

That's more than enough for a
Fos:Heather
I was saying, based on the sole crtieria that the SK is a contributor (directly answering mirth's question) it would be you three because you guys are the biggest talkers. I am not making a scum list.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #570 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by heatherlou »

Mirth, i don't really have a scum list.
There are a few things I don't like:
I don't like that Kinetic keeps talking about the SK being extra-knowledgeable about the game. Are you saying that because when the SK kills everyone gets to find out the person who was killed's alignment?
I don't like that Mgm is condemning everyone who doesn't vote by deadline. As he said, if we lynch wrong, the SK wins. I'm all for a scum lynch, but not just any lynch before deadline
I don't think Stewie has done anything particularly damning. I think kinetic is going after him with a force that doesn't match the 'scum moves' kinetic's been throwing out.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #586 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by heatherlou »

I will vote before deadline:
vote: Mgm

i've had weird vibes from you from post one, but I thought it was just because you were talking a lot so we had a lot to go off of. If you really want me to vote, this is where I'll go. I simply don't feel strong at all about Stewie so I'm especally not going to hammer someone I don't even think is scummy just to get a lynch.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #595 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by heatherlou »

damnit. I realized I voted right after stewie, which doesn't make me look good, although I had been pointing out Mgm scum stuff before I actually voted for him. I really really wish he hadn't been a townie.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #608 (isolation #20) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:22 am

Post by heatherlou »

I need to say something about this. Kinetic, you're bringing up a very WIFOM arguement regarding the SK. You're basically saying the SK can follow your ideas, bringing us to the fact that: 1.) you're actually the SK or 2.) the SK is trying to frame you. Neither of these are very good for you, and the phrase about you giving the SK ideas struck me as really scummy. I'm not gonna vote obviously.
Also thank you, by pointing out mirth's lynch history of non-scum I'm realizing what horrible scum finding instincts i've had this game too....ugh. I agree we wait for the SK to make their move.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #610 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by heatherlou »

I thought our SK kills usually happened later on sundays? That would put what you were saying before when the SK usually kills, that's why I said it then.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #621 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:57 am

Post by heatherlou »

I'm here. Honestly, I'm not seeing how Mirth confirmed me as not the SK either, aside from me being stupid and not keeping in mind the rules (but that was all me). To be honest, I don't read PBP posts usually so I skimmed over her most recent PBP analysis. The SK's being pretty damn smart though to be honest by killing off one of the most analytical players and leaving in one of the loudest ones. I'm in the middle of a road trip, I'll check back in soon. I'm starting to see your side of things against Stewie, Kinetic.
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #623 (isolation #23) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:06 pm

Post by heatherlou »

I'm here, I'm back for good. I can't say completely that I am for or against either of you. This is tough for me. I would like to hear kinetic explain how mirth proved I wasn't the SK
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #627 (isolation #24) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:31 am

Post by heatherlou »

You raise a good point Stewie. You guys are killing me with this decision. No, I'm not the SK, but I already have that figured out. I love your metagaming kinetic (I didn't know you could find all that stuff out :)). I'm an internet hog, what can I say.
However, I've gotta trust my instincts. I may die soon (and lose)so I will cast my vote now and hope for the best:
vote: Stewie
-Brendan Gill
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #632 (isolation #25) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:46 pm

Post by heatherlou »

YES! Finally my instincts were right! Thanks for staying away from me enough not to lynch me kinetic :)
This was the first game I have finished---thanks you guys for making the endgame so fun!
-Brendan Gill

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”