Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:33 am

Post by Drunken Pirates »

In post 3549, Varsoon wrote:
Continuing with the special aspects of the main characters of SaGa Frontier:
T260G is a robot! Throughout the game, he is offered different robotic bodies as an alternative to the one he begins with.
These bodies all have special abilities, but the game makes it pretty clear what their differences are. Most of these bodies can be found at Nakajima Robotics in Shrike.

I WANT THE BB8 MODEL
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:34 am

Mollie, It's already in the PT darling. ;) I would answer but he wants your thought processes.

Sensei, trust in Mollie.

Gale, the evolution is mutual. I am much worse on larges. This is the most engaged I have seen you. Keep it up. We'll get there.

~Titus
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:37 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 3577, Drunken Pirates wrote:@ZZZX, cause it's like whaaaaaaat, are we reading the same thread?

pretty sure we are. its just that I am looking frmo a more generic point of view since i didnt interact with most of the slots that much yet.
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:37 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 3584, Sensei wrote:One of Lowkey/DGB is probs scum btw.

I like dis but

why not both :giggle:
redacted
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:38 am

In post 3578, Sensei wrote:Titus can you please explain to the town that double-lynching is optimal.

it is most defo optimal and I did explain it and it is scummy as fuck that yoyo and abr are saying otherwise!
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:39 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 3596, Drunken Pirates wrote:@ zzthing will you plz vote drixx for MC?

Sure. I dont mind
MC:Drixx
redacted
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:41 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 3604, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 3578, Sensei wrote:Titus can you please explain to the town that double-lynching is optimal.

it is most defo optimal and I did explain it and it is scummy as fuck that yoyo and abr are saying otherwise!

The only way for town to catch scum = daylynch
its a well known fact that daylynch = town driven
nightkill = scum

so more daylnch = more scum dead = better

kind of as straightforward as it can be.. How can somoene disagree to that?
redacted
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:42 am

Post by ZZZX »

Also is it me or is drixx posting... a little less frequently?
redacted
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Gale Wing Srock »

In post 3598, Drunken Pirates wrote:oh thank god titus you are here they are driving me crazy.

will you plz look up whatever it is that gale wants so he will hush up about it ty <3

Sorry Mollie, I have just faced this playstyle twice before and both were small games with people who weren't talking a lot.

According to me, the lesser the posts and better the content, the easier it will be to look for any information later on. But Idk how you guys are managing such rapid pace posting and tracking all the information at the same time. The notepad entry that I made for this game is no longer sufficient to just hold minimal information.

And looking through my notes at present is giving me a headache right now, and those are notes for less than half the game.

Anyways, its my problem and I am trying to work through it. If you guys have any suggestions, then I am all ears.
Lowkey
Lowkey
Goon
Lowkey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:50 am

Post by Lowkey »

I'm still back on page 140 but I don't have anywhere near enough time to catch up fully because this got spammed overnight and I've got food to eat and research to do.

Unvote

If we have two lynches, Flum is not one of them. Not today. It's a terrible idea, you'll have to trust me.

Also @ w/e talk is going on above, I see why they'd want to save that for later but it's pretty clear Sensei panicked even though he was only being voted for pressure and overreacted with an insta-claim and ability use. I probably would've saved the double lynch for later too. Not really alignment related or scummy if you ask me.
Lowell/Hinduragi
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Sensei »

Well I guess I'd be lying if I said the pressure on me had nothing at all to do with it.
But I think I needed to say something eventually if I'm to try and get the most pro-town mileage out of my role.
And there's a fuckton of slots that need to die imo. Might as well start early.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:55 am

In post 3605, ZZZX wrote:
In post 3596, Drunken Pirates wrote:@ zzthing will you plz vote drixx for MC?

Sure. I dont mind
MC:Drixx

actually I think it wld be wiser to have sensai as MC since he is conftown and he cld use the MC protection.

sensai how do you feel about that?
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Sensei »

Not a bad idea actually.
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:02 am

Post by itlepip »

MC:Sensei
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:06 am

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

Just, to throw in my .02 about double lynching:

Double lynching consistently changes the fundamental balance of power in the game. Instead of the ratio being 1:1 of town:scum controlled kills, it becomes 2:1. You run the risk of steamrolling town into an unwinnable situation pretty quickly if the scum team is widely townread and manages to keep themselves from getting lynched, but if the scum team is in such a strong position, it's likely town would do the exact same thing, only it would take them longer.

Which brings me to my point about the *risk* of consistently attempting to double lynch: If the power of towns' NA's are greater than the power of the scums, it's possible that it might be more advantageous to town to *not* double lynch all the time. We already have evidence of vig shots under town control - likely multiple roles with at least single shots, through the nature of the MC system and Varsoons assurance that the game has been balanced against never ending scum MC shenanigans; this is in addition to the killing abilities among the techniques. We have lost one of those vigs, but there are almost certainly more. By constantly no lynching, we are reducing the opportunities for those power, and others to be useful.

I feel like a double lynch is certainly a strong move this early in the game(though if we only had one shot at it, I would be inclined to want to save it for later in the game), but we need to exercise caution.

Wgeurts has told me he's going to have to do a buncha reevaluating in light of sensei's confirmation as either town or a teammate of R&L(with the teammate possibility being improbable, but still possible). I really want to see what he has to say about Maxwell. :P

DP: I'm very confused about your ABR stance. You said not so long ago that your heads had resolved the confusion with regards to ABR, by essentially saying that Titus was scum reading him because of what she viewed as attacks on her abilities. In spite of that, you are still pushing for someone else to be MC, and just generally displaying uncertainty about him. Didn't the mollie head say she was townreading him? I would expect if the Titus head scumread was resolved, you would be in favor of ABR? Is the Cooldog concern that great, that the connection between the two that you believe you see overrides your town read on his slot?

zzzx: I don't see much of worth coming from you, and if it is there, it's hard to follow. I read your posts, and I don't feel as though I've gained much information. That leaves me without much to comment on.

I actually disagree with most of those who have commented that the DGB interaction somehow made her seem town, and you scum. There's nothing wrong with interacting with a scumread, I think it's dumb to just not interact with scumreads further once you've established them, that's the sort of thing that keeps you from refining your reads and reevaluating the game state. I feel that's either a difference in the way I feel about effectively engaging with scumreads, or some confirmation bias going on with regards to the people who supported her stance.

-Cerb

pedit: Sensei as MC is only a good idea if we feel there's sufficient other primary targets for scum that making him MC won't simply make him the default kill tonight, unless we don't mind losing the double lynching ability+having Drixx as MC tomorrow. There's also the little fact that we don't actually *know* he's confirmed town, AND that ABR has claimed he will deliver scum to us on D3(without clarifying if being MC is required for the mechanism of that ability to work)/that not getting MC to him today will be disastrous for town.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:06 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 3607, ZZZX wrote:Also is it me or is drixx posting... a little less frequently?

True enough, but I just think it's a natural digression. Nobody was throwing shade on him, so I don't feel like he's trying to lurk out.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:11 am

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

Oh, and yes, I'm aware of the potential benefits of scum being highly incentivized to target a specific slot. Nothing needs to be said about that. I'm just being pessimistic.

-Cerb
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:14 am

vote for MC: sensei
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:17 am

CALLING ALL TOWN:

PLZ MOVE YOUR VOTES TO SENSEI HE IS CONFIRMED TOWN PLZ TY
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:19 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

Tis is true especially for me

VOTE FOR MC:Sensei

~Lina
Hydra of Frozen Angel and Shiro
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Zulfy »

MC:
Sensei

VOTE: Drunken Pirates
no investigation no right to speak
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:23 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Let's hope he doesn't die horribly, but I agree this is a good move.

MC: Sensei

Way better than Albert.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 3498, Drunken Pirates wrote:

okay

did you drink the water? did you? you did didn't you. cos if you wanna lynch klingon at this point I don't know what to think. yoyo you don't get stuck in confbias this bad and concoct a narrative to push your read like ever.

I am not confbias, and i am not concocting a narritive.

I told Klingon exactally what she has to do to get me to unvote her: develop some real reads not based on OMGUS and calm down and stop lashing out at me so I can get a better read on her. Hell, she can even develop a case against me if she wants, but it has to be based on the thread, not on her not liking that i voted her.

Until I have a better read on her, I will not and can not let this go. Other people badgering me to unvote her will just makes me dig my heels in more.

Klingon got herself into trouble here, and she has to get herself out of it. You can't help her do that. I get why you want to, and it makes you look more town, but it doesn't work that way. I need to get something from her i can read before i can unvote her. Otherwise we're going to be stuck in this loop for the rest of the game.

(Note Im now several pages behind so for all i know she might have already done this.)
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:42 am

In post 3608, Gale Wing Srock wrote:
In post 3598, Drunken Pirates wrote:oh thank god titus you are here they are driving me crazy.

will you plz look up whatever it is that gale wants so he will hush up about it ty <3

Sorry Mollie, I have just faced this playstyle twice before and both were small games with people who weren't talking a lot.

According to me, the lesser the posts and better the content, the easier it will be to look for any information later on. But Idk how you guys are managing such rapid pace posting and tracking all the information at the same time. The notepad entry that I made for this game is no longer sufficient to just hold minimal information.

And looking through my notes at present is giving me a headache right now, and those are notes for less than half the game.

Anyways, its my problem and I am trying to work through it. If you guys have any suggestions, then I am all ears.

use the search function for this thread. titus can help you with that she has mad search skills.

anyway, I have an appt to get my breast squashed. senseit you are in charge don't let any1 near rylai.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In theory it is. In a complex theme game like this where mislynching the wrong power role screws us, it's less clear.

Probably be worth trying, but it'll be really tricky to heard cats; we will need 9 votes on wagon a and 9 votes on wagon b at the same time without anyone hammering right, so you use your ability and they're both hammered? We need literally everyone in the game to work together to pull that off.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”