DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 2023, Sensei wrote:You normally associate appeasement with townreading, though.
The most telling example would be townreading an aggressor with appeasy language and stuff.
I haven't seen max do this.

I mean appeasement in the way Britain appeased Germany in the early 20th century. As in not a good way.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 1963, ZZZX wrote:Up to about 60 right now. will make all info in one huge wall tomorrow as i finish all last 20 pages (or 40 since thats the pace we are going)!

It's hard to get a read on you when you're always so detached from this game. When are you going to be around in real time?
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by Drunken Pirates »

Hi peoples! Time for your daily dose of Titus. In your face, no nonsense straight talk from the woman who just will not take no for an answer.

Great, gotcha laughing, now onto business.

ABR, we don't trust you. Either a) you're rewarding me for my epic brilliance which you have done in no game ever or b) you're buddying the fuck out of me trying to divide this hydra. Guess what, b won't work. We're lynching who Mollie wants today and that's itlepip. In no circumstances do dare think that I have slithered off and died. Understood.

Second, your party sucks shit. You want to be elected, you're putting together an all town neighborhood. There's not a chance in hell CoolDog is getting our approval. Both heads have issues with his recent posting. CoolDog has no read on me? Pardon me, but how the fuck is that possible for town. It isn't. Then, he doesn't plead with me to post like many others. Thanks but no thanks. Return to sender.

Yo yo has issues with me. The outright attempt to power grab is just fifty levels of Ewwww.

Try again on the party.

Third, I see the motion you are trying to do here as scum, before you can do it. Drixx is so close it is driving me crazy but I want you to stick with your gambit and try to agency capture me when I have been calling for your head since the start. Maybe call Klingon. I hear she needs buddying too.

Fourth, we have itlepip wagoned. Even if I was playing by myself, I wouldn't join you on Max. Focus on getting one scum lynched before lynching anyone else.

~Titus
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Alright Flum, you get what you want. Titus is off the party.

One slot open. Considering Cool Cucumbers or Lowkey.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by Sensei »

DP is far more town than both of them put together imo.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 2025, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 2023, Sensei wrote:You normally associate appeasement with townreading, though.
The most telling example would be townreading an aggressor with appeasy language and stuff.
I haven't seen max do this.

I mean appeasement in the way Britain appeased Germany in the early 20th century. As in not a good way.

How is the way I described also not in a good way?
Also what?
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 2022, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Early game, there were a lot of people making concessions about votes and such to be put on an adventuring team. I didn't like it, because it felt like gross politics that wasn't gonna get us a good team, and that players were more concerned with getting cool powers than catching scum.
Albert was also doing that, but I was townreading him heavily at that point because of his tone, confidence, and agreeing with most of what he was saying, so I voted him.

:nod:

In post 2022, MaxwellPuckett wrote:By progession, do you mean how my reads changed as the game went on, or something else?

:nod:

*sidelong, mischievous glance at Titus*

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Titus is off the party.

*questioning glance*
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:18 pm

In post 2028, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Alright Flum, you get what you want. Titus is off the party.

What about me? I'm solid town apparently.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 2032, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 2028, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Alright Flum, you get what you want. Titus is off the party.

You want it too much.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by Fluminator »

I might suggest putting Shiro back on actually. His English skills evaporating because he was so excited he thought he caught scum seemed pretty genuine to me, and they apparently have a role that helps the party.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by Sensei »

^that
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 2011, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 587, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
CoolDog: While I'm not townreading Rylai, I don't think the reasons people have stated for townreading her (if players have) were meta reasons. In fact, the player who brought up the meta (Yosarian I believe) is scumreading her.

Not sure what this was about, don't think I ever said anything about R&L's meta.

Anyway, Max doesn't make a lot of attacks considering the number of posts he's made, but I like the Klingon, the archangel, and the DS votes. Not seeing a lot here that's reading as scum. Can you clarify, Albert?

Also, Albert, what do you think about DiamondSentinel?

If I misremembered, I misremembered. I do it a lot when I'm phoneposting and don't want to check.
In post 2013, DiamondSentinel wrote:@Yosarian I have one slight problem with Max, which I know is a problem I have as town, but others think is scummy. He's far to flippant with his reads. He's gone from scum-reading someone to a hard town-read in such short time. It honestly just looks like appeasement if they seem even the slightest bit threatening.

I don't know how you play, Diamond, but I don't really think of players in terms of sliding scales where scummy actions move them downward and towny actions move them upward. If I'm unsure about some things I put them closer to null, but basically if a player's more recent posts hit me in a different way then I'm more inclined to go with the more recent read, because that's the one that was formed with more information. To use ABR as an example, I didn't even realize what was wrong with his play until I went to check out what the MC rules were, saw that where I'd heard them was from ABR's underlined post, and then it was basically an epiphany of 'what the fuck how is no one noticing this'.
In post 2020, DiamondSentinel wrote:@Alfred Only if I see that his will actually be worth anything. I find Itle more scummy.

@Sensei Mine is the reverse. He went from a pretty town read to a solid scum read on me. Alfred is the one I was referring to. He seemed confident he was scum early, and now is pretty solid town on him.

Reads change as you make posts, Diamond. And who is Alfred? Is that Albert? It can't be him, so who is it?
In post 2019, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 2011, Yosarian2 wrote:Anyway, Max doesn't make a lot of attacks considering the number of posts he's made, but I like the Klingon, the archangel, and the DS votes. Not seeing a lot here that's reading as scum. Can you clarify, Albert?

tl;dr

sheeps, gets called for sheeping, does the opposite. his reads are too flexible and convenient

You're going to need to be more specific with this accusation. This is a game with a constantly changing state and you're telling me to stagnate? My reads change every day.

DiamondSentinel: Who am I appeasing? I feel like all I'm doing is arguing.

Look not farther than ABR if you want appeasement, with his post just now. All of that about townreading Titus, trusting DP, like a whole paragraph on it, blah blah blah, it meant nothing and he's just proved that. His words are empty and he'll say whatever he wants to keep the people on his side on his side.
Albert, if you want me to read that differently, explain it.

Diamond: That's a great question, actually. Are you still scumreading ABR, Sentinel? I can't remember.

Errant: Talking with you about this is going to be hard. I kind of explained how my reads work one or two posts before this one, though, so tell me if that doesn't explain it for you. If it doesn't let's just talk later.
Or, were you talking about my read on the DP slot specifically?

Sensei: Who cares about wanting it too much? Most important is that the team is comprised of town. If Diamond is SOLID TOWN as ABR claims, then there shouldn't be a problem. It's only the MC where towniness plus capabilities as leader are equally important.

PEDIT again: Rylai and Lina are a good candidate for the team, yeah.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Oh, wow, my explanation of my reads was actually in this post. I kept adding to it and thought they were separate.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by Sensei »

Max wrote:Sensei: Who cares about wanting it too much? Most important is that the team is comprised of town. If Diamond is SOLID TOWN as ABR claims, then there shouldn't be a problem. It's only the MC where towniness plus capabilities as leader are equally important.

I was half joking.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Max, answer my question! Are you Canadian?
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:27 pm

In post 1785, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
My new party

Spoiler: Second-in-Command
Titus

I'm convinced that Titus is town. Her logic for suspecting me makes complete sense from her point of view, her push on Max mirrors my own, she has been out in the cold looking in for the majority of the game, and doesn't plan on changing her opinions to fit in. Should I die, there's no one I would prefer succeeding me than Titus. As Titus reads these words, she will be more convinced that I'm scum, thinking I'm trying to bribe her with frivolities because I won't die and so this is nothing but a token gesture. She's wrong. The risks of my dying are real. Should the worst befall me, similar to Kylo Ren, I trust Titus to finish what I started.

I question CoolDog and call ABR scum, as he predicted. In is where I call him out.

Cmon ABR, you're making this too easy. Getting a counter will be harder, but at least you've made it clear you need CoolDog in the party. I'm sure that has nothing to do with Drixx's thoughts...nothing at all.
by the way, that last sentence is totally sarcastic.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:29 pm

In post 2029, Sensei wrote:DP is far more town than both of them put together imo.

I think she's town as well but she refuses to work together.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:30 pm

In post 2041, Drunken Pirates wrote:Cmon ABR, you're making this too easy. Getting a counter will be harder, but at least you've made it clear you need CoolDog in the party.

I could go with Cool Cucumbers and Lowkey if that's preferable to the majority. I don't need anyone in the party.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:30 pm

In post 2033, Sensei wrote:

You want it too much.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I ONLY want the party for the chat. I do not care about getting the reward.

Imo our biggest weapon against scum is communication and a party gives us that.
“Why was I chosen?'
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:32 pm

In post 2043, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 2041, Drunken Pirates wrote:Cmon ABR, you're making this too easy. Getting a counter will be harder, but at least you've made it clear you need CoolDog in the party.

I could go with Cool Cucumbers and Lowkey if that's preferable to the majority. I don't need anyone in the party.

Then, why if you really wanted to work with me, did you kick me out and keep CoolDog? You knew I would scumread you. You said it yourself.

If you want to work together, you have to kick CoolDog from the party.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:32 pm

You're not even voting for me, why do you think you should come along?
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by Sensei »

@diamond

You can chat just fine in the thread.

There are people in this game who's insight would be a lot more valuable than yours with a chance to discuss in a scum free environment and some who also would benefit from it role wise.

Your motivations are questionable in this regard.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:35 pm

I'm curious as to why Titus' scumread on Max is suddenly gone as soon as he opposes me.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:37 pm

I find it funny ABR dodges my point in .

Either ABR kicks CoolDog from the party, or he links them as scum partners. His move.
~Titus

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”