ErrantParabola, Yimmy, ArcAngel9, Lowkey

With 20 Alive, it takes 11 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-22 14:10:00)
The Main Character is
Drixx
Spoiler: MC Vote
Albert B. Rampage (6):
Rylai and Lina, Albert B. Rampage, Yosarian2, MaxwellPuckett, DrippingGoofball, Fluminator
Drixx (2):
Lowkey, Drixx
Wickedestjr (2):
Wickedestjr, ArcAngel9
Yosarian2 (1):
CooLDoG
Drunken Pirates (1):
Klingoncelt
ZZZX (1):
ZZZX
Rylai and Lina (1):
DiamondSentinel

ErrantParabola has replaced Sharky5x.
Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:50 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1297, Lowkey wrote:
In post 1286, Rylai and Lina wrote::( you do forgive me ?

I'm kind of feel dizzy here

arrgh :(

Yah, we're good here. Cheer up homie

@Lowkey - So your assertion is that R&L is scum and will give fake names, and other scum will both claim a name, and we lynch one and then the other and R&L get town read? I'm not sure that logically follows. And I think it's up to the people who have those characters if/when they claim. My point is that I don't think there's any real up side to R&L keeping that info private. What if R&L get night killed and that info is redacted from their role card flip? The names themselves won't help scum in the least just by being said.

If RL was scum, yes. That would be fucking genius and we'd lose the game quite literally at D1 and I'd totally do that as a gambit if I was scum here. I'm saying make the names private no matter what but perhaps don't have the named people claim just yet. I agree with you there. RL is town though so the information is good too. I don't think we should be using this info to verify their alignment, especially after what just happened. They are town.

I'm saying that putting the names out there is the optimal play. The people who have those characters can claim if and when they see fit. And you seem to have missed my point ... if they gave the names and suddenly we had two people claim the same name and we just happened to get scum with the first one we strung up, you wouldn't be at all suspicious that it might be a setup? I know I would.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Drixx »

I don't like who I'm sharing vote space with.

Unvote

I still have a problem with DGB's low number of posts and unwarranted attacks on me. I still think there needs to be some explanation. I don't at all have any sort of town read on ZZZX.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Drunken Pirates »

In post 1275, Drixx wrote:
In post 1272, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 1262, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:

pedit: Yosarian, you are creating a parallel where none exists. It's not like roleblocking you. It's like inventing to you. He wouldn't invent a power to someone he was uncertain of. He would only invent it to someone whose alignment he was very certain of.

That analogy does not work, because I'm the only one who can use them. It's an investment that costs nothing.

Cool. If nobody else claims being able to use rings, then it seems like as long as you don't scum yourself up, then you should get them. I don't believe you claimed exclusive use of rings prior to this post. If you did, I misread, and my bad. I doubt I'll get any rings, for whatever that's worth.

yoyo has been screaming for items (rings) for quite some time now drixx!
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Errantparabola »

*reads role PM*
*smiles in amusement while shaking head*
*waves to everyone*
*opens page 1 of thread and begins reading*
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1304, Drunken Pirates wrote:

pedit: Yosarian, you are creating a parallel where none exists. It's not like roleblocking you. It's like inventing to you. He wouldn't invent a power to someone he was uncertain of. He would only invent it to someone whose alignment he was very certain of.

That analogy does not work, because I'm the only one who can use them. It's an investment that costs nothing.

Cool. If nobody else claims being able to use rings, then it seems like as long as you don't scum yourself up, then you should get them. I don't believe you claimed exclusive use of rings prior to this post. If you did, I misread, and my bad. I doubt I'll get any rings, for whatever that's worth.

You think? Did he claim he was the only one who could use them prior to that post? I didn't catch it if he did.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:57 am

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

I love you Drixx. Thank you for actually explaining who exactly you had a problem with and why, instead of just fucking unvoting while vaguely saying you didn't like the wagon. Much appreciated.

What I was trying to nail down was the fact that I did not put words in your friggin mouth man. You said, yourself, that in x situation, you would do one thing, and in y situation, you would do another. That's really all. I don't think you actually mean that you would act differently in each of those situations, so I'm trying to determine which it really is.

I feel like you're all making the foolish assumption that R&L's names are somehow indicative of the alignment of those who claimed them until R&L has flipped themselves?

-Cerb

Hi EP. Good luck catching up. :D
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:58 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 1249, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 528, DiamondSentinel wrote:I take it we aren't voting anyone for MC who starts out by voting themselves, right?

In post 773, DiamondSentinel wrote:The way it formed is indeed nonsensical. A conceited self-vote started a wagon. Obviously he's town, but incompetent town, and scum thinks they can manipulate him.

In post 777, DiamondSentinel wrote:@Shiro Are you even reading? No, I don't think that. But scum obviously wants him to be MC because they think he's useless.

HE'S LITERALLY POSTED 5 FUCKING TIMES. I DO NOT WANT A LURKER AS OUR MC, AND ESSENTIALLY TOWN LEADER.
Wow, tell me how you really feel. :roll: You are making a
lot
of unfair assumptions about me just because I had a busy weekend in real life.

First, my self vote is not an action fueled by conceitedness. It's because I
know
that I am town, which, at the time of my vote, made self-voting a better placeholder than any other option. None of my strongest town reads even had MC votes at the time, so there's literally no reason for me not to vote myself. Seriously, what's the problem here?

Second, you have no reason to think I'm incompetent. That's just a rude thing to say and very strange considering you agreed with my vote choice at the time you made that comment.

Third, you have no reason to think that I'm easily manipulated. For what it's worth, I'm actually a very independent player - I almost never hydra, never vote someone just because I'm told to (barring deadline), and reach most of my conclusions on my own.

Fourth, if I've been useless then why are you town reading me? Busyness during a weekend shouldn't merit you writing me off as a non-entity.

TL;DR - my inactivity is a fair point, but painting me as an arrogant, amateurish, and incapable person is just crazy.

I asked you this question and never got a response;
In post 292, DiamondSentinel wrote:He's scum, but his wagon is crap. Not in the sense that it's scum driven. In the sense that it won't lead to a scum lynch. And I feel like my sense of understanding wagons is better than my sense of understanding people.
On page 12, and about 24 hours into the game, why is it necessary for the bandwagon to have lynch potential?

Ask me the questions again. I don't remember what they are.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:59 am

Oh wait, nvmd, you did.

1 second. gotta catch up
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:59 am

@Drixx, Cerb, Mollie, Ok, I know I'm not supposed to be butting in here, but I must comment.

If RaL claims the names of the confirmed town in the thread, those possessing the names would be forced to claim, even if otherwise disadvantageous to do so. The reason being is that we have no way of knowing if scum have a janitor. If the slots didn't claim and scum shot and janitored those slots, the fake claim would allow them to coast to victory. We should not depend on getting lucky in scum shooting a mason lover and the other mason lover flipping like in Stevens Universe.

So these slots would be forced to flavor claim, thus removing them off the table as mislynches for scum. It would be MUCH better if scum tried to mislynch those characters and then they claimed the matching flavor that a hood would be aware of.

RaL needs to be in the night 2 adventure. That adventure needs to be all town.

@TCC, Drixx said he didn't like the company on DGB. There was only one other voter on DGB, ZZZX. Thus, Drixx does not like ZZZX.

~Titus
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:03 am

Post by Drixx »

By the way ... productive couple pages. Thinking through things instead of making a decision on the spot is way more optimal.

P-Edit: We're saying the same thing about the names, in different ways, Cerb. Obviously if R&L claim they have the name of confirmed town players, they should share those names. Whether those people are town or not depends a lot on P&R.

P-Edit2: Interesting point Titus. I suppose that's probably a good point. I'll think about it rather than accept it on the spot if that's okay with you? And thanks for clarifying what was obvious. I was just not going to reward Cerb with a response for being sarcastic with me.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:03 am

Post by Errantparabola »

*points at *
*points at "luminous"*
*nods vigorously*
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:06 am

I wasn't being sarcastic Titus. I realize that. I was being appreciative of the fact that Drixx gave thoughts on both of the other slots on the wagon he was moving away from. I'm not always a sarcastic ass guys. :-/ I express sincere appreciation for people doing things I like, while being an ass to those who do things I think are terrible.

Yes, DP, I agree with what you're saying about what has to happen with regards to the names R&L have saved up. I believe, however, that you're focusing too much on a unlikely marginal benefit.

We need there to be all town on the adventure.
We need R&L to be town.
We need people to try to lynch those slots.
We need the push on those slots to happen before they would otherwise claim.

If all those things don't happen, then the marginal benefit of being able to analyze who was pushing someone who is now known to be conftown doesn't exist. I'd prefer to take them off the mislynch table now, and force scum to shoot them at some point, especially if they're strong, threatening players. As I said, better chance for our protective roles to do their jobs.

-Cerb
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:07 am

EBWOP; "Both of the slots involved in the wagon" :P

-Cerb
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any pronouns

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:07 am

Post by Yimmy »

In post 546, Drixx wrote:
In post 545, Albert B. Rampage wrote:We already told you to go to Wakatu because it's a ghost town. You are being a HUGE DISTRACTION to the momentum we are building on Rylai.

Well you don't have to make it a huge distraction. People can think about it and decide what they think. That's all I asked.

Like 3 people have said something about which region to go to. I'm glad for the advice from those of you who have, but the majority of the game hasn't offered word one about it.

Maybe because the others don't really care. I have no idea what the difference might be and don't really care to bother with that
In post 670, Rylai and Lina wrote:
In post 664, Albert B. Rampage wrote:You're not going to seduce me into unvoting you, my decision is made. Now it's up to the others to reach their conclusion.

If your town you just stated that you want to play against your wincon

I'll catch up some more and finish the readslitst later
that's good to know

~Rylai

I don't really see FA feigning this confidence as scum
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:07 am

@Wicked

The point wasn't whether or not it was going to happen.

The point was that the way the wagon was going was very characteristic of a scum-driven mislynch. If it was going to happen, then he would flip town. That's my read on the wagon.

Also, I just want to let everyone know, at this point, aside from a few select people (including Wicked for lurk, Flum for general scuminess, and DGB because reasons I don't feel like sharing) I couldn't care who gets MC. There are some I'd prefer to be in a party with, just because I have things to say to them in private, and there are people I couldn't give a crap about.

Also, I'm just going to put this here because reasons. VOTE: Fluminator

You happy now Albert? I'm not voting you. Also, looks like I ought to help you on that MC wagon.
MC: Albert, I suppose
“Why was I chosen?'
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:10 am

In post 1313, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:I wasn't being sarcastic Titus. I realize that. I was being appreciative of the fact that Drixx gave thoughts on both of the other slots on the wagon he was moving away from. I'm not always a sarcastic ass guys. :-/ I express sincere appreciation for people doing things I like, while being an ass to those who do things I think are terrible.

Yes, DP, I agree with what you're saying about what has to happen with regards to the names R&L have saved up. I believe, however, that you're focusing too much on a unlikely marginal benefit.

We need there to be all town on the adventure.
We need R&L to be town.
We need people to try to lynch those slots.
We need the push on those slots to happen before they would otherwise claim.

If all those things don't happen, then the marginal benefit of being able to analyze who was pushing someone who is now known to be conftown doesn't exist. I'd prefer to take them off the mislynch table now, and force scum to shoot them at some point, especially if they're strong, threatening players. As I said, better chance for our protective roles to do their jobs.

-Cerb

As someone who does wagon analysis, that's greatly hindering to my play and FMPOV the likelihood is hardly marginal. While Mollie and I are still sorting reads, offering mislynch bait is pretty good to see who jumps. This is
exactly
what I did with Sukoden and Jeanne versus Lickedty Quickety.

Scum playing in a field where there are fucking impossible lynches that no one knows who they are is a good thing. There are only so many easily mislynchable players in this list.

~Titus
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:12 am

In post 1300, Lowkey wrote:Hey mollie, what do you think of sensei townslipping like I said earlier

I wanted to adventure with him until he thought we had scumslipped when we really haven't. ffs I gave titus the go ahead on that post that was sitting in our hydra pt cos i told titus to sit on her fingers for a bit and that is what she did in her spare time. it was a good post I think.

I feel like sensai is coming across as placating to me to every1 in all of his posts (not making waves). I am not really seeing it as a townslip the way you are. sorry. :(
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:12 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

Drixx if we claim the names you will reconsider that adventure?

or is it already begun?

~Rylai
Hydra of Frozen Angel and Shiro
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:15 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1319, Rylai and Lina wrote:Drixx if we claim the names you will reconsider that adventure?

or is it already begun?

~Rylai

Adventure begins at night. I'll be happy to reconsider.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:17 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 1320, Drixx wrote:
In post 1319, Rylai and Lina wrote:Drixx if we claim the names you will reconsider that adventure?

or is it already begun?

~Rylai

I'm w8ing for shiro for outing the names

You must reconsider

~Rylai
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Say why
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:19 am

In post 1306, Drixx wrote:
In post 1304, Drunken Pirates wrote:

You think? Did he claim he was the only one who could use them prior to that post? I didn't catch it if he did.

well no.

but how exactly was he supposed to know he was the only 1? I mean his thought progression "OMG NO1 ELSE SEEMS TO NEED TO GET RINGS I MUST HAVE THEM NO1 IS CCING ME I DON'T CARE IF I AM ON THE ADVENTURE I JUST WANT YOUR BOOTY GIMME MY RINGS GODDAMMIT" seems to check out.

I might be paraphrasing tho.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:19 am

In post 1321, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 1320, Drixx wrote:

or is it already begun?

~Rylai

I'm w8ing for shiro for outing the names

You must reconsider

~Rylai

Drixx said he would reconsider. Please don't out the names. :neutral:

~Titus

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”