503: Dead People Have Powers - Happiness Or Destruction?

kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

Very nice kilroy. Make an argument against my claim by turning my own line against me. Creative
kilroy wrote:Cute. I'm not going to argue with you, because there's no argument either of us can make to convince the Town. You know you're scum, I know you're scum, and I know I'm the Cop. That's as far as we can go, really.
Sounds like an argument to me.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Kilroy8675309
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by Kilroy8675309 »

I'm not turning anything back on you. I'm stating the truth. You have injured your own team's performance.
If children cause accidents in the backseat, and accidents in the backseat cause children, which came first?

"My point is, make people explain themselves." --RafK
Draux
Draux
Goon
Draux
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:50 pm

Post by Draux »

Huh? We found two Scum already? :shock:

I'm not sure what the Mafia were thinking, double-claiming both power roles. They know that neither of those four who have claimed power roles will be Lynched today, so they were probably trying to avoid a power role being Lynched first. The chance that we Lynch a Townie today instead of the one remaining Scum is very high. In my opinion, this was a misplay on the Mafia's part. I think it might pay to try fish out the remaining Scum and interrogate the claimed power roles before we decide on a Lynch. We have yet to hear from Coron/his replacement anyway.
Night_Light
Night_Light
Townie
Night_Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:59 pm

Post by Night_Light »

OK... so we've shortened the list of possible lynches by four.

@ draux, I agree, our position isn't that bad now, but it's possible that the scum had no choice. If a power role claimed (or they felt that one would) not making a sacrifice by counter-claiming would have allowed us to lynch a power role today, and made their jobs a lot harder. So from that point of view it was probably a risk that they had to take.

FOV: setael, for wanting a huge mass claim. I think rolling dice would have been preferable for the town.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:55 pm

Post by Spambot »

RandomActs wrote:
Spambot wrote:I thought about waiting to see what some more people claim, but I don't think it'll make too much of a difference.

I'm the doc.
Interesting. My PM says I'm the doc. I advise everyone
not
to lynch Spambot today.
Hahaha, that's awesome. Yeah, don't lynch either of us today. This guy is scum, one of the "cops" is scum, and DG is probably the last.

This post is so hilarious to me. I mean, [with a dignified accent]- "I advise everyone to BOLD NOT /BOLD lynch this imposter!" Like, you have to be wearing a monocle to say stuff like that, right?

Like, you had to do that or you might as well concede the game, but I hope you're happy that I already know who you are. I'll gladly get sent on or whatever to prove it.
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:00 pm

Post by Spambot »

Draux wrote:Huh? We found two Scum already? :shock:

I'm not sure what the Mafia were thinking, double-claiming both power roles. They know that neither of those four who have claimed power roles will be Lynched today, so they were probably trying to avoid a power role being Lynched first. The chance that we Lynch a Townie today instead of the one remaining Scum is very high. In my opinion, this was a misplay on the Mafia's part. I think it might pay to try fish out the remaining Scum and interrogate the claimed power roles before we decide on a Lynch. We have yet to hear from Coron/his replacement anyway.
No, dude, they had to do that. If they don't, cop gets lynched and then they lose a huge edge. I disagree with them counterclaiming me, but I'll take it if the scum want to throw themselves into the noose later. In the long run, it doesn't matter which of us is scum because we should kill all of us. As it is right now, I'm not going to be able to protect people and the cop won't get investigations, since we're not going to be lynched yet. They've basically traded themselves for semi-permanent roleblocks. It's certainly arguable whether it was the best play, but they didn't have time to discuss it.

You are either being kind of crafty and telling your buddies in the thread they are playing bad or you are town, judging from this post. I think DG is the most likely last scum, but we should lynch the person we think is likeliest town.
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:15 pm

Post by Y »

Setael wrote:I agree, but I think organizing the mass claim and going in any kind of order (like by dice roll) only helps the scum. It slows down the process while we wait for the person whose number is up to claim, and allows scum to see exactly who has claimed what and then have plenty of time to decide what will be most beneficial to them. If everyone just claims at will, it will be more confusing for scum, and some of them may slip up.
It does slow down the process, but letting the mafia wait until everybody claimed and then claim by themselves isn't better, even if it's done faster.

I'm a
Vanilla Townie

I thought d_o is the other scum... Maybe he or DG is the mafia Channeler.

Is there any one who wishes to claim Neutral instead of his claim? You need to remain alive and we need to narrow our possibilities, so it would help both sides.
Night_Light
Night_Light
Townie
Night_Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:21 am

Post by Night_Light »

I'm also vanilla town.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Setael »

kabenon wrote:I really liked the idea of randomness to see who went next, because then scum would be put on the spot in possibly a moment's notice, and if it took em awhile to respond, well it's obvious why.
Oh? It's impossible for a Townie to not look at the thread for a few days? As you know, that actually happens a LOT and mafia could take as long as they wanted to respond and we could never be sure they weren't just Town who hadn't been online in awhile. Besides that, there has been plenty of time for all the mafia to decide exactly what they were going to claim. Random dice roll was hardly going to catch any of them off guard.

Also, if we'd have gone by random dice roll, it might have taken a very long time. We've already pinpointed two of the mafia, both of which are likely NOT the mafia spiritualist, who probably wouldn't want to put themselves in such a precarious position. As long as we choose a Townie to be lynched first, we can then choose one of the claimed cops. If they are the real cop they will be able to investigate, and if they are not the real cop, there will be a night kill and the transporter can then send them to the afterlife. Three game days later, they are out of the game.

Something I don't think has been clarified or if so I missed it...

Question for the mod:
Once we lynch one of the mafia and they are then able to NK, are they able to kill the transporter? If so, is the transporter replaced or does that cut off the ability to send people to the afterlife?

This may affect whether we want to lynch one of the cops to test their claim.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Max »

Can you kill a person that's already dead?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:23 am

Post by Setael »

Good point.
death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:24 am

Post by death_omen »

Great a counter claim already, we can put kabenon007 on a scum list if hes lying or we can put Kilroy8675309 or the scum list if kabenon007 is lying,
DAM
what a confusing game..

Ok people who have claimed so far:

Me- Vanilla Townie
Ckillor- Vanilla Townie
kabenon007- cop
Kilroy8675309- Counter Claimed top Against Above
RandomActs- Counter Claims Doctor against Spambot
Spambot- Claims Doctor
Y- Vanilla Townie

We already have 2 claims counter claims made there is a slight choice that there could be 2 cops/doctors to add a bit a prejudice to this game but it seems unlikely.

This claiming thing wasnt such a good idea, BECAUSE how do we sort out the guilty from the innocent?
The journey to your destination is often much more important than the destination itself.
-DO

Ps. God, I'm so wise some times.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:31 am

Post by Setael »

Well it helps when you post something like that, which made you look like scum with kabenon. Why did you not just list both kabenon and kilroy as claiming cop? Your post clearly seems geared to make us think Kilroy is the one who is lying. I already had a strong suspicion Spambot was the one lying about the doc claim, and your post listing him the way you did only reinforced the idea.

I'll go ahead and present my scum list:

Spambot
kabenon
death_omen (possibly the scum spiritualist)
DeliciousGoldfish
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:45 am

Post by Y »

Setael wrote:I'll go ahead and present my scum list:

Spambot
kabenon
DeliciousGoldfish
I tend to agree with Setael's list...
death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:56 am

Post by death_omen »

woop di do, can you lynch me now please since i am the spiritualist...

Why would a mafia member be the first to claim wouldn't he/she be the last to claim after everyone else has already?
The journey to your destination is often much more important than the destination itself.
-DO

Ps. God, I'm so wise some times.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:20 am

Post by Setael »

If you are mafia, the last thing we want to do is lynch you. Of course we don't know for sure that you are the scum spiritualist, I just think the spiritualist would not have taken the risk of claiming a power role, so it is more likely to be one of my other suspects and I can see you being it more than Goldfish.
death_omen wrote:Why would a mafia member be the first to claim wouldn't he/she be the last to claim after everyone else has already?
I actually think it's a lot more likely that mafia would try to claim first to make the real cop or doc look like they are counterclaiming. Mafia had plenty of time to reason this out and decide to counterclaim the power roles and there is no reason for them to have waited. Possibly they were just waiting for the role claim to begin so they could claim the power roles first.

I also noticed that death_omen avoided providing a scum list. Please do so now.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:18 am

Post by Y »

I know it's very subtle, but here's d_o's claim:
death_omen wrote:I am a:
simple townie
I noticed he didn't claim vanilla townie, which is a well known role nor just townie, which is the role description.
Makes me feel as if he made it up. It could be only me though...
death_omen wrote:Why would a mafia member be the first to claim wouldn't he/she be the last to claim after everyone else has already?
To later say it's something mafia wouldn't do?

I get the feeling that d_o just wanted to claim something and be cleared.

I think one of the counter-claims might be the spiritualist. He doesn't want to get lynched.
I also think that the one deciding whether to pass people to the afterlife or not can do it only when they die.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by Setael »

The wording he used could also mean death_omen is neutral or another role that wasn't vanilla but opted to claim vanilla. Though it could be a scumtell on omen's part, this could be Y fishing for the Town spiritualist.
Y wrote:I think one of the counter-claims might be the spiritualist. He doesn't want to get lynched.
I can see this going either way. I was thinking we would definitely lynch the least scummy seeming cop 2nd and under the assumption that scum would've seen this coming, I didn't think the spiritualist would counterclaim. But, if the scum assume we'd NEVER lynch the power roles and their counter claimants, then maybe the spiritualist could be one of those who counterclaimed.

On the one hand, if we don't lynch any of those 4, we are less likely to allow mafia to start making NK's. On the other hand, until we start lynching them, the cop and doc are powerless. Also, we are only going to be able to confirm which cop is telling the truth by lynching one (not as the first lynch, but after) and seeing what happens. If the scum start making night kills, the transporter will know to send them to the afterlife. If the scum decide to wait and not NK so as to not reveal the identity of the one lynched (assuming they're allowed to NOT NK if they so choose), we still win because it prevents a NK.
Y wrote:I also think that the one deciding whether to pass people to the afterlife or not can do it only when they die.

Did someone say otherwise? I thought this was common knowledge - what motivated you to bring it up?
Kilroy8675309
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by Kilroy8675309 »

Y wrote:
Setael wrote:I'll go ahead and present my scum list:

Spambot
kabenon
DeliciousGoldfish
I tend to agree with Setael's list...
I tend to agree with Y on Setael's list. It's rather good, actually, and probably pretty accurate.

I would like to hear d_o's scum list, though. Obviously, he doesn't concur with this list. Well... maybe not openly.
If children cause accidents in the backseat, and accidents in the backseat cause children, which came first?

ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by ckillor »

death_omen wrote:woop di do, can you lynch me now please since i am the spiritualist...

Why would a mafia member be the first to claim wouldn't he/she be the last to claim after everyone else has already?
so are you claiming to be the mafia or the town spritualist? and why would you just come right out and say it?
My bandwagon can beat up your bandwagon.
Draux
Draux
Goon
Draux
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:05 pm

Post by Draux »

If I must say it (which I don't think I do), I am Vanilla Townie. I haven't claimed until now because I didn't think there was any further need to claim after four people have claimed power roles. I'm pretty sure Mafia wouldn't claim Mafia at this point, neither would Neutral claim Neutral, nor Town Channeler claim Town Channeler. Everybody would simply claim Townie, and the mass claim loses its purpose.

And Ckillor, he was being sarcastic. Whoever is the Town Channeler, please do not claim. I disagree somewhat with Setael's Scum list in terms of the claimed power roles, but I don't think I need to explain any further on that yet. His suspicions for the third Scum seem solid, with my addition of Coron who has yet to post. I also find Ckillor a little strange, but I'll let that pass as Newbieness. Y, you are pointing out details which do not need pointing out, almost like you are fishing. Your posts are filled with illogicality/WIFOM, and there's something about the way you easily agree with other people that doesn't click with me. But more importantly, let's not jump to conclusions as to who is Scum yet. We need to hear from everybody first.
Kilroy8675309
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:19 pm

Post by Kilroy8675309 »

Neutral really should be claiming Neutral, however, because if they're in the general Vanilla Townie pool, it's very likely they will be lynched.

Draux
Draux
Goon
Draux
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:26 pm

Post by Draux »

If Neutral claims, the Mafia would kill them for being "confirmed". Then again, the Mafia's win condition do not require Neutral to be killed, so it's arguable.
Night_Light
Night_Light
Townie
Night_Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by Night_Light »

So, we now need to pick a vanilla townie to lynch. Perhaps we should each make a suspects list, and then lynch whomever appears on none/least of them? Mine so far would have DG, DO, and Setael.

Oh, and
unvote
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:20 pm

Post by Setael »

night light wrote:So, we now need to pick a vanilla townie to lynch. Perhaps we should each make a suspects list, and then lynch whomever appears on none/least of them? Mine so far would have DG, DO, and Setael.
I'm not surprised you suspect me, considering you obviously haven't read the thread.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”