distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:33 am

Post by distad »

It is 6 to lynch, 4 to lynch at deadline.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Raffles wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:2. It cant have been more than a few days since i last posted. This game is active, and i am following, but sometimes i dont get the chance to reply to everything.

3. The only thing that has been directed at me in particular recently from what i can see, is the accusation from Gorgon that i am 'following Chronx blindly', by voting for the same person. I need to reread, but Chronx gives me protown vibes, and his vote made sense to me. We need a lynch soon, and BWing seemed like a good idea at the time.
However i need to read the last few pages, as there has been some heavy posting lately. lol
Wouldn't these two contradict each other? If you have been following, why do you need to go back and read? Only possible explanation is you are lying about the first, and I'm not talking about "I am following" part.
lol don't be silly. I have been following the thread, hence i know what has and hasnt been directed at me. However, i have not had the chance to fully delve into every individual post, for which i need to reread.

I think i'll try and provide some sort of LoS before the day is out, in order to compensate for my absence.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:45 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Gorgon wrote:To me, this says that d3sisted is our deadline lynch, unless someone comes up with a
very credible
alternative, or there is reason to assume that a no lynch would be a better option.

I have some reservations over the fact that d3sisted will probably not have a chance to claim, though, so I want to hear from as many of you as are able to post before the deadline about your take on this.
I don't think a no lynch is a good option. We're not likely to have a strong night game, so no lynching robs us of our major power and gives the scum a free night kill.

I hate lynching someone without giving them the chance to claim or at least explain themselves. But he did have the chance -- and chose to ignore it. To me, that's enough to override my concerns over lynching an absentee.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ok, i've read D3sisted's play, and frankly, i don't think he is the best play today. There is no denying that he has lurked his way through the day, and that he hasn't really put his obvious intelligence to good use. On the other hand, his posts, when made, have been completely reasonable i feel.
The only scumtell i can associate with him is the whole 'Confused' link. But thats not enough to go on today.

Verdict: Neutral
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:04 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

@Battle Mage: What do you think of d3sisted going silent when he received 3 votes?
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mr Pigg. Last to confirm, with HH, though it is interesting that the latter was replaced as a priority over Pigg, which could be a town-tell (because scum need activity at night). He accumulates a few early votes, which seem a bit eager. When he finally shows up, he seems keen to type the standard, meaningless content, which is often provided by scum in order to ‘lurk in plain sight’.
His most recent post is a stupid comment about the quality of the posts so far. Of course, it could be a genuine opinion, so its not a tell, but I still feel it was a rather ‘back-handed’ comment. I wouldnt mind if he was lynched today, because although he hasnt been especially scummy, his content wouldnt be missed, and i dislike letting lurkers live too long.

Verdict: Slightly Scummy
Show

Nightkilled - 10

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:14 am

Post by distad »

I was just looking back at p1 and the confirms that BM mentions and while he is totally correct that they were the last two to confirm, if you look at the times of the two posts by spag (replacement warning and replacement announcement), it appears that Pigg did pick up the PM in the extra 24 hours and HH did not, which seems a null-tell to me.

I'd love it if it were that easy, though, BM! :)

I'm not fond of PiGG, either, BM. But, I think we're in a better position with the d3 gamble than a no-lynch. I would have no problem unvoting to get a dialogue going on PiGG, but he doesn't seem willing to get back into the game, either, and he doesn't have much steam -- dangerous this close to a deadline. Instead, I'm going to leave my 4th vote on d3 in the meantime unless we get somewhere with Pigg (or someone else), just in case nothing progresses prior to the deadline.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:43 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Given my stated aversion to lurkers, I would love to go after Mr.PiGG. Unfortunately I don't think it would do us any good since he hasn't posted anywhere since the 11th.

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:08 am

Post by Gorgon »

I expect BM is going to do an analysis on everyone - perhaps he has some ace up his sleeve.

Anyway, d3sisted is a more logical choice than MR.PiGG in my eyes, sucky as I find MR.PiGG. At this point he's more likely to be replaced than not, IMO. I think it's very dangerous to go after someone who's in that position on the basis that his content so far is of little use, and therefore he is dispensible.

Also, BM, to be honest, I think you're concentrating too much on scumtells. If d3sisted is scum, why would something necessarily stick out as uberscummy in what little he has posted? I may be a newbie with only one completed game behind my belt, but to my mind I think it might be useful to consider people's motives as well. For instance, as town, what motivation could d3sisted have for acting the way he did? What motive does he have as scum? I myself am finding it hard to find a motive for him doing what he did as town, but then again, as I've said, I am inexperienced. Truth to tell, d3sisted's play in this game baffles me. He certainly has not been very helpful to the town so far. While this may not mean he's automatically scum, I think it is something to consider.

I know you've been looking for ways to improve your play, so that was my two cents. Of course, if you're scum, it's a moot point in this game anyway, but I think it could be useful in general.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Actually, i do have some ideas of what i am going to find. And yes, i am going to do an analysis of everyone. It just happens that i chose the 2 lurkiest players first.

I agree with what you say about Desisted, but personally, i tend to lynch people over scummy behaviour. I think we are all aware that scum are far more careful with their posts, and are perhaps less likely to look scummy than townies, but really, aside from committing 'Too Townie' fallacy, its our best bet. Really, i dont want to lynch anyone who i dont get at least some scummy vibe from. Imo, its a waste. I'd rather cross someone off the top of my suspect list, than lynch someone who i never really considered as a valuable play.

BM
Gorgon wrote:I expect BM is going to do an analysis on everyone - perhaps he has some ace up his sleeve.

Anyway, d3sisted is a more logical choice than MR.PiGG in my eyes, sucky as I find MR.PiGG. At this point he's more likely to be replaced than not, IMO. I think it's very dangerous to go after someone who's in that position on the basis that his content so far is of little use, and therefore he is dispensible.

Also, BM, to be honest, I think you're concentrating too much on scumtells. If d3sisted is scum, why would something necessarily stick out as uberscummy in what little he has posted? I may be a newbie with only one completed game behind my belt, but to my mind I think it might be useful to consider people's motives as well. For instance, as town, what motivation could d3sisted have for acting the way he did? What motive does he have as scum? I myself am finding it hard to find a motive for him doing what he did as town, but then again, as I've said, I am inexperienced. Truth to tell, d3sisted's play in this game baffles me. He certainly has not been very helpful to the town so far. While this may not mean he's automatically scum, I think it is something to consider.

I know you've been looking for ways to improve your play, so that was my two cents. Of course, if you're scum, it's a moot point in this game anyway, but I think it could be useful in general.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:42 am

Post by Atticus »

Gorgon wrote:
Raffles wrote:
Unvote

Where the heck is BM?
Good effing question. BM got himself replaced in another game that I'm in with him, so I don't know what's up with him these days.

@Atticus - Do you mean to say that you'll stick with voting HeH? Because, you know, it doesn't seem you're actually voting for anyone ...
Somehow I thought I was voting for him. I guess I will keep it in my pocket then.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

AntiPathy/CuriousKarmaDog. Antipathy only makes 1 post-which is a random vote on Surveysays. His comment on the doctor rang some alarm bells with me, but not a lot to go on here.
CKD on the other hand, has been posting prolifically since his arrival. He also makes a comment on the Doc, but other than that, his first posts are fairly sound. His analysis of some aspects of the game are also fair. He does try to compliment me. A null-tell normally, but the last time somebody came in and buddied up to me, they were scum, and screwed me over royally (See Shanba’s Mini). The first post of his that really rings alarm bells, is his 7th, in which he starts by claiming desperation to pounce on anything. I cant fault his honesty, but this could be an indication of scum-as it is primarily scum who have to work on bogus cases in order to get mislynches. He doesn’t want to join a BW on me or HeH, which could suggest distancing (from a mislynch). He OMGUS FoSes Chronx. I like his post 19 however.

Nothing really concrete saying CKD is scum, but he gives me bad vibes. Definitely someone to keep an eye on, but probably not the best play for today, unless we want an information-lynch, in which case, killing CKD could be fruitful.

Verdict: Instinct says Scummy. Brain says Neutral.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mr.PiGG
Mr.PiGG
Townie
Mr.PiGG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:52 am

Post by Mr.PiGG »

Sorry guys i lost track of this game long ago, I've really lost interest in this and Idk if we should lynch tonight, BUT it is speed mafia. Right now the scummy-est person to me was d3sisted. Pretty much for all the reasons everyone else have said. From the start of the game too he seemed alittle over pushy any ways.
unvote Vote : D3sisted
And always remember my brother, one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, knick knack, paddy whack, give a dog a bone, two thousand, zero, zero, party, oops! Out of time, my bacon smellin' fine. Pharaconvict "don't be a menace"
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:54 am

Post by distad »

Unvote

I have to head out from work right now, but I didn't want to leave him at -1 now that PiGG has decided to join us.

I'll be back in about 2-3 hours after the gym.
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Mr.PiGG, can we expect any further contribution to the game, specifically in the next 24 hours or so? Or should we take post 312 as your contribution to the game til the deadline?
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:49 am

Post by Gorgon »

Wow ... Piggy's back, and joins the bandwagon, putting d3sisted at L-1. Christ. I'm going to have to think about this.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by Gorgon »

I've thought about it.

Unvote

Vote: MR.PiGG

At least he's more likely than d3sisted to be around to defend himself/claim.

Also, I very much did not like him mindlessly getting on the d3sisted bandwagon like that.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by distad »

I'm inclined to vote for PiGG. He has been spotty at best; he's at the same level as d3, in my eyes; and he's rejoining after a long absence just in time to put d3 at -1. And how does he defend it? "Pretty much for all the reasons everyone else has said." Pretty much? That implies that there's something more. Maybe you're bussing a scumbuddy? No one else has said that...

I'll look back to find exactly the minute that the deadline comes and I will see how much time we really have. If it comes down to it and I have to choose between two people that I think are equally scummy, I'd rather pick the person that is 'done' with the game than the person who will be back on Friday.

Good grief.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by distad »

Well, this is a little better. 2pm west coast time tomorrow. That's 21.5 hours from now (and just as I'm finishing work).

We have plenty of time to debate the whole PiGG/d3 scenario out by then.
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by Sonicpulsar »

distad wrote:I'm inclined to vote for PiGG. He has been spotty at best; he's at the same level as d3, in my eyes; and he's rejoining after a long absence just in time to put d3 at -1. And how does he defend it? "Pretty much for all the reasons everyone else has said." Pretty much? That implies that there's something more. Maybe you're bussing a scumbuddy? No one else has said that...

I'll look back to find exactly the minute that the deadline comes and I will see how much time we really have. If it comes down to it and I have to choose between two people that I think are equally scummy, I'd rather pick the person that is 'done' with the game than the person who will be back on Friday.

Good grief.
Vote: Mr.PiGG

On top of the quote above, I'd like to pressure him into defending himself (putting himself out there a bit).
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by Atticus »

Hang 'em High wrote:
Gorgon wrote:To me, this says that d3sisted is our deadline lynch, unless someone comes up with a
very credible
alternative, or there is reason to assume that a no lynch would be a better option.

I have some reservations over the fact that d3sisted will probably not have a chance to claim, though, so I want to hear from as many of you as are able to post before the deadline about your take on this.
I don't think a no lynch is a good option. We're not likely to have a strong night game, so no lynching robs us of our major power and gives the scum a free night kill.

I hate lynching someone without giving them the chance to claim or at least explain themselves. But he did have the chance -- and chose to ignore it. To me, that's enough to override my concerns over lynching an absentee.
I think we are likely to have a strong night game. Speed robs the town of information. Deadlines are good for scum, not town. However, I do not think no lynching is a good idea.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:01 pm

Post by Atticus »

As for Mr. PiGG I'm
Shocked and Apalled!,
and I'd be willing to vote him for so casually putting d3sisted at -1 with minimal reasoning.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by ChronX »

unvote
vote Mr. Pigg
Effectively done with MS
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

dammit Pigg, why did you have to be so f-ing scummy?

well, he is not scum he is a damn mason with me...

I didnt want to claim this damn early in the game to so that we could aovid a night kill and give the town a chance...but his crappy play has made me do it..

please please please..remove your votes now..before deadline gets here!
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Pigg, why did you have to lurk then post so close to deadline?...if you werent going to participate in the game, you should have been replaced...now I had to claim so the town doesnt lynch you...great job...you can bet your sweet ass one of us (probably me) is going to be NKed...

You guys wondered why I didnt pressure Pigg for lurking..now you got your answer...DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT....

had to come out now before you mislynched!!!
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”