Mini 427 - Clue Mafia 3 - Game Over - Is this what happened?

dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:59 pm

Post by dahen »

alko wrote: in which case there would be much less crosskills and double targets than we've had
What are you talking about?
There has been NO crosskills as far as I know. And what do you know about double targets if only one SK can kill per night, which seems likely?
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:00 pm

Post by dahen »

Mod: Please fix the quote above.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:02 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

chaotic_diablo wrote:The manner in which you presented your claim is strange. If you were protown, then you would realize that BM's investigation would be inaccurate. As a result, I don't find it likely that you would have blurted out your claim and result without prompt.
If you were scum, then I'd bet you would be tricked by it and try to pass it off as something else.
That is the more likely case and probably worked successfully given that BM wasn't a cop.
BM mentioned this as well. Claiming watcher doesn't shake off a scum result. It was a long time ago that this happened, and I can't remember exactly what I was thinking to tell you, but it was likely that he was either paranoid or insane. Thinking back, a sudden claim by me probably wasn't the best idea, but again, scum trying to pass off a scum result would've reacted more heavily towards either sanity, lying from BM, or to have just claimed miller, as BM mentioned. I did none of those, what I did had no effect on a guilty result, and matched perfectly with what he really was and really got before I was even aware that he was anything of a tracker.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:05 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

dahen wrote:[qutoe="alko"]
in which case there would be much less crosskills and double targets than we've had
What are you talking about?
There has been NO crosskills as far as I know. And what do you know about double targets if only one SK can kill per night, which seems likely?[/quote]

For crosskills, I was talking about TCS, but I just remembered that it's possible that was Mr. Green (Jack). What I mean about double targets is like when Cedric and ecto both claimed to have targetted BM, and the speculation that they were working on during that time also supports that SKs likely had no idea about how their kills worked.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:14 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Ooh, actually I think I do have a way to guarantee a win for us regardless of what Skruffs claims, so long as we don't have anybody else like the godfather who's immune to investigation.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:59 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

I will state everything fully once I've heard from Skruffs.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:01 am

Post by Skruffs »

Sorry for the hold up.
Okay, I laid out that I had a roleability because I aws trying to see if Al_Ko, who was seeming kind of scummy to me at that point, "saw" me target anyone,. I didn't, because my ability is a Day ability. That's why I stressed how I could clear myself. Looking back, just having the ability itself doesn't excatly clear me, in fact, it may be even considered to be more helpful to the scum to the town, but it's more helpful to me than to the scum, so..
Yeah, I'm Mr. Boddy. The reasoning for my theory is because in the Third version of the clue movie, Mr. Body is "supposedly" the master blackmailer, But, in actuality, is Waddsworth's butler. He came to play a role - just like all the other informants did. THe only thing he did, though, was to try and convince the gathered suspects to kill Waddsworth. He turns off the light, right before waddsworth convinces them to 'turn him in', and that's when the may hem begins.

Anyways, none of that is my flavor but it's part of the basis behind the theory. My own flavoring of it, if you will.

My ability is that once during the game, I can turn off the lights, and make it go to Night. This is provable by me diong it. I figured if my partial claim got me in too much heat (it didn't) or if I got framed for something (I didn't) I could whip it out and turnt he tables. If you guys really want me to prove it, I can use it at any time, but I see no reason to unless I myself am going to be lynched. With one known scum and another likely, I think we have this under wrap.

Also, I'm aware it doesn't 'clear' me, but I can prove I have it, publicly, which is good..

K?
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:22 am

Okay... well here is my plan and as it turns out Skruffs will not play into it at all. We lynch Ecto today. When it goes to night, Dahen and I target al_ko, and c_d targets me. That way we basically out the last scum regardless of what I get as my night result on al_ko. If someone dies it is either Skruffs or c_d, and I have a plan for if that happens, and otherwise we win tomorrow by lynching al_ko.
-Tyler Durden
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:23 am

EBWOP:
Vote Ectomancer
-Tyler Durden
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:47 am

Post by dahen »

DoS: Well, you forget that scum probably is allowed not to kill, but if that happens we are still in quite a good position.

So, are you ready for some fun tonight with me, professor? Your place or my place?

vote Ectomancer
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:57 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

DoS's plan is pretty similar to mine. We lynch ecto today, guarantee I can't be the killer by roleblocking me, and DoS's investigation will finally confirm me, and then that will leave us with Skruffs as the most likely candidate for scum.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:24 am

Post by dahen »

Sure.
Alko: Do you think that Skruffs role-blocked you? Do you think that he is a SK+roleblocker+nightmaker or do you think his claimed ability is a lie?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Horrible idea.

You kill me, Skruffs kills tonight, then sends in lights out at the beginning of the day tomorrow and kills again, leaving 3 of you. Care to hazard a guess as to who those 3 will be? If you don't know, or can't guess, go ahead and lynch me.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:35 am

Post by Skruffs »

Actually, if I am scum, you have to consider what that means by being able to stop someone from being lynched.

Ihave to deliberate on wether i would use it to save myself or not. If i will be lynched again the next day, i guess i won't use it, as it effectively gives remaining scum a free night kill that and the following night, after i get strung up again.

I will use it if necessary to clear myself with that action, but hopefully, just the claim should be good enough.

I would like to point out that, skruffscum would have done a lot better to have not claimed the role and tried to get to a four player endgame, where he couldn't have won. It would take two days to lynch him, so he'd have an instant win.

Hmmmm. I don't think that any of the serial killers had any other abilities, except waddsworth.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:37 am

Post by Skruffs »

Ecto, don't be silly. I would be an immediate target in the three player end game if that were the case.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:16 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Skruffs, your statement looks like swiss cheese.
First of all, we aren't at 4 players, we are at 6. There is one person unaccounted for last night and that is you. Therefore you ARE in danger of being lynched today, meaning that the decision of whether to claim that ability was barely your choice.
I do admire the way you portray your ability as "being able to prevent a lynch", while really it is just a way to take us directly to night and more scum night actions.
I also admire the way you portrayed your role in that ending. What you failed to notice, but I did not, was that you admitted that your role was one that tried to get someone else in the house killed, and that person wasn't a murderer.
In point of fact, I believe taht you have just outed yourself as some version of a Traitor.
Most commonly the Traitor knows who is in the Mafia, but the Mafia do not know who the Traitor is. The Traitor works, through his or her Vote, to keep the Mafia from getting Lynched.
Your ability to turn off the lights and go to night makes sense in that context.

This quote had me confused, because something was wrong with it. Once I realized what your role might be though, it made total sense.
Hmmmm. I don't think that any of the serial killers had any other abilities, except waddsworth.
My only question is, why didn't you save MBL? The answer is that he was caught red handed with cross confirmation. His main blunder was to send in the kill himself and not you, but I guess he figured being investigation immune would save his skin if suspected. He just didn't plan on a tracker AND a watcher being on hand to account for everyone's actions. The way BM played that pretty much prevented you from saving his butt.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:10 am

Post by Skruffs »

Ah ha ha. First of all, if you want to look at mr boddy as trying to get someone killed, then also look at who he was trying to get killed, and why : waddsworth, a mastermind blackmailer and the reason behind the invitations to kill off his informants. In my eyes, that makes mr boddy more of a vig than anything else.

You do have a strong imagination, though. Good luck in future games... Scum. :)
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:29 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

al_ko wrote:Statement one is plausible, there's a leader with all of his SKs, and they can communicate, but the SKs want to kill each other.

Statement two makes some sense in SK interaction, because if there's no communication, they won't know about each other and will want to kill each other. The problem here is that with the godfather being the one sending the kills, that doesn't account for any crosskilling or kills after his death. So Statement 2 doesn't work.

Statement 3 depends upon the previous statements to be true in that the SKs know who the godfather is, but fails for the same reason as 2.

Statement four talks about how the scum are working towards their own goals, which is reason for the cross kills and such. Well, they're all coming up as SKs, so it only makes sense that they would be looking out for only themselves. This actually fights more against the previous statements.
You're under the assumption that the godfather is the only one capable of sending in kills. It's perfectly plausible for both the godfather and a SK to send in their night choices on the same night. Even after the godfather dies, it still accounts for why there are still kills going around.
Since both statement two and three have a similiar argument, let's go with that.

Statement four is plausible in a sense that it's strange that there is a godfather, yet no mafia member. There is a relationship of working together, but not helping each other. That's what I believe anyway.
al_ko wrote:BM mentioned this as well. Claiming watcher doesn't shake off a scum result. It was a long time ago that this happened, and I can't remember exactly what I was thinking to tell you, but it was likely that he was either paranoid or insane. Thinking back, a sudden claim by me probably wasn't the best idea, but again, scum trying to pass off a scum result would've reacted more heavily towards either sanity, lying from BM, or to have just claimed miller, as BM mentioned. I did none of those, what I did had no effect on a guilty result, and matched perfectly with what he really was and really got before I was even aware that he was anything of a tracker.
Lucky guesser.

The SKs have abilities. I protected Billy N1 and he still died. Since skruffs cannot account for this mystery, I'm not quite sure what happened. I believe it was HC with an unpreventable night kill ability. However, that doesn't explain how dahen roleblocked him successfully. In addition, I doubt MBL was the one who killed Billy.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:54 am

Post by Skruffs »

Doc -> cop -> watcher -> doc ?
And
Roleblocker -> no lyncher?

Doc and cop can't be killed, without revelation of the murderer. watcher is cleared or damned. If i am scum, no murder tonight, and if nobody else is caught and me or the watcher is killed, that leaves the roleblocker as culprit. Basically, almost guaranteed not to have any deaths, and probably still catch scum the next day. Scum will be forced to no kill and hope for a mislynch on me, but even so, the choices will be whittled down dramatically.

Good game!
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:57 am

Post by Ectomancer »

DOS and Dahen. You two are town. I think there is one other town. I'm an SK (once again, I think because I thought SK's were able to nightkill). We had a Godfather. I think that means a possibility of 2 goons. I don't believe this game would not have an informed minority.
If you kill me, scum kill tonight, and there are 2 scum, town loses.
If you kill someone else we think is scum, if they turn up SK, then I could totally be wrong and there was a solo Godfather (but everyone else SK's? I still don't buy that). Lynch me tomorrow then, because it wont matter for town either way. If we strike scum though, we no lynch tomorrow, scum will kill someone off (most likely me, jerk) and town wins, or if he kills town, then it will be the 3 of us deciding what to do. My vote then of course will be to lynch the scum and for me to tie with town.

al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:38 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

unvote

Now I'm more interested in some more discussion before nightfall.

c_d, you claim all SKs have an ability, and yet you don't think it's possible I was roleblocked N2, correct? That combined with how your protection didn't do any protecting is interesting. I'm with Ecto in that DoS and Dahen are the most confirmed players we have right now.

c_d, who did you target N2?
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

al_ko, I'm not imply that all SKs have an ability. However, there is a possibility that some of them do. Whether those SKs are dead or not, I'm not quite sure. However, I'm going to put that out there just in case.

I protected you N2 because I had thought a watcher would be more valuable than a tracker. However, I've seen no indication that scum have attempted to target you. You've been passed over twice in favor of BM for reasons I don't understand.

I don't believe you could have been roleblocked N2. There are 5 players most likely to be responsible.
1. skruffs is Mr. Boddy, capable of proving his own role.
2. I'm myself and realize I don't have roleblocking abilities. I wouldn't block myself N1. That's plain dumb. In addition, if I could roleblock, then DOS wouldn't have received a night result.
3. You are supposed watcher and can't block yourself.
4. Ectomancer is a SK that can't kill. Now, if Ecto is responsible for your block, then why wasn't BM or DOS blocked when he targetted them? It means Ecto isn't responsible. He didn't even target you that night.
5. HC is dead. However, he was roleblocked by dahen that night. His target was also supposed to be BM.

Out of all 5 of the candidates, the only one capable of the block is skruffs. I seriously doubt he was responsible.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Skruffs »

Dahen - Roleblocker - Yvette
N1: DragonsOfSummers
N2: Haschel Cedricson
N3: ???

Ecto - "RBing" Scum, information is not trustable except through other players.
n1
n2 BM
n3 - DOS

C_D - Doctor - The Cook
N1: Billy
N2: al_ko
N3: DOS

Skruffs - No-Lyncher - Mr. Boddy
N1: --
N2: --
N3: --

Al_Kohaulec - Prof. Plum - Watcher
N1: Jack ()
N2: Roleblocked?
N3: DOS (C_D, Ecto)

DragonsOfSummer - Cop - The Cop
N1: Roleblocked?
N2: HC (guilty)
N3: Dahen (innocent)

Also, in Ecto's "I'm an SK claim"... Maybe it would be safest to RB mr. plum after all
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:42 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I targeted c_d on night 1.

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:41 am

Post by Skruffs »

Just looking at all that... The only person who could possibly have been blocked was me, right?
Al-ko got results from watching dos, of cd and ecto - that's three. Dos cleared dahen, that's'four - and a roleblocker on town's'side wouldn't have stopped a tracker, would they? That leaves me, right?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”